Old 07-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I dont LOVE McD's but I do LOVE Chinese and yes, I will have it.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #32  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Like most peple here have noted nothing is offically off limits here, but I've learned what sets off my issues and have decided to limit those foods or at least keep most of it out of the house. Doesn't mean I can't have it now and then IF I work it into my daily plan.

I'm still working on better choices, but slowly they have become more ideal. I guess there are things I don't eat, but really I choose not to because they are too high in calories and I choose to not eat like a rabbit all day to make up for it. If I really wanted say Mcdonalds one day... I would do it to get it out of my system. I try and not eat empty crap as much as I used to. I used to scarf down "healthy" choices like skinny cows and pudding cups... no wonder I wasn't able to keep on track with all those sugars running amuck! I'm shocked I managed as long as I did!

I've found that by keeping nothing off limits if you can make yourself behave for the most part by proper choices then you're not going to crave the things you used to want as much.

Still though I definately don't keep cookies or anything in the house. I know better!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #33  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I wasn't a big McD's fan, my kids like the chicken nuggets happy meals, so we did go there every couple of months. Taco Bell was my choice, and I have been back. And I chose wisely and ate a smaller meal. So I totally agree with eating in moderation. I also know that it would be unrealistic to think that I could live the rest of my life not eating out. We haven't had chinese yet. But even before, I went for chicken and veggies.
Due to traveling this weekend, I had to rely on restaurants for 2 meals. I got a grilled chicken sandwhich and small fry from Wendy's. Half of the fries got thrown away because they did not taste good to me. I ate at Cracker Barrell yesterday...and did not blow my calorie count.
There are good choices out there, right along with the calorie rich food. And it is our choice when we go out to eat, to follow our meal plans or not. And if we splurge once in a while, it will not make us regain what we've lost. How does the saying go....if we eat right 90% of the time, it makes up for the other 10%.
I used to say there was no such thing as too much chocolate. I cannot say that anymore. The more I steer away from sweets, the less of it I want. Birthday cake icing is now too sweet for me. I had a bit of my daughters cake earlier this month, and it was not tasty. My b-day cake was an angel food cake with cool whip and strawberries (shared with others at work, none at home to nibble on). Now if I could just convince myself that fat free ice cream doesn't taste good either....
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

I don't like McDonalds or most other fast food joints, so they aren't a draw for me. However, I have been known to eat copious amounts of pizza. I'll still eat pizza because I love it, but won't put myself in a position of ordering a whole pie for myself and making pretend I will save and freeze most of it. I'll eat it in moderation with others around.

Everyone's different, but for me, not having a list of illegal foods or restaurants works. There are some restaurants I won't go to because I don't like the food or don't like the way I feel after eating the food. But it's not because going there is "wrong." I mean to choose healthy foods most of the time, but no foods or restaurants are technically off-limits.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:56 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 307/250

Height: 5'5"

I don't like anything that McDonald's serves, but Dairy Queen is a different story. I am mid-week my third week and so far have not really missed the sweets, but I know the hammer will fall soon. I find myself eating wrong things and then NOT going back on plan the next day--that's where I really mess up--continuing to eat to many wrong foods. I hope this 3FC site will help me stay on plan and fess up my errors. I really want it this time!
AuntChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 AM   #36  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I hate McDonald's, Burger King, and other alike restaurants. I'm not a big hamburger lover to begin with, and I don't miss the fries, as I don't care for them, either (especially BK fries- eeeeewwwww. haven't had BK in over 12 years).

However, my McDonald's "treat" if you will, would be fried clams once a year or fried veggies. I'm not a huge fried food lover by nature, but I love those two items, and there's only a couple of places I order them from, thankfully, not near my house.

Also, I enjoy once or twice a year, a Friendly's Reeses Piece's Sunday (with Buttercrunch ice cream only, otherwise, I'll go without), and no hot fudge sauce- ick!. I love peanut butter sauce, so that's one treat I enjoy once or twice a year as well. I had it once on Memorial Day weekend when visiting my aunt (who's in a nursing home), but I got the small size as I didn't want to sabotage my diet. I'm not a big fan of ice cream, but do love these once or twice a year.

So yes, I will definitely enjoy those items. Next week, when I drop off my younger kids at Summer Camp (oldest one left today for week one out of two- miss her dearly ), there is a restaurant that has my fried veggies that I love so much. I plan on making that my high calorie day, and enjoying it, as I won't get there for another year- it's a two and a half hour drive from our house, heh heh. I will also get my Reese's Pieces Sundae on that day as well. That will be the end of those two treats for the year I imagine, as we don't hit Friendly's very often during the rest of the year- maybe once or twice more, and we don't always order deserts those times.

Last edited by Steelslady; 07-30-2007 at 02:16 AM.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote