Old 07-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #1  

Default I gave in

Alright, so I've finally given in. It isn't set in stone, but it might as well be:

We are buying a treadmill.

Found one used, so it's affordable.

I feel guilty because there is a road and I could just as easily walk on it. But since it is constantly 85-90 degrees and humid as heck, I am having a lot of trouble convincing myself the torture is worth it. Walking in a controlled environment, in the comforts of home, sounds nice...even if it does cost a hundred bucks. It's worth it, because I want to lose this weight and I really don't want to make another excuse or have to talk myself into exercise.

So, with that, the hubby and I are on our way in a couple hours to go take a look at it and hopefully take it home.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #2  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:05 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #3  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I would LOVE to have my own treadmill!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Awesome, Toni! Don't feel guilty about anything that is going to help you reach your goals. And $100?! That's fantastic.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Great choice, Toni! I'm as "fugal" as can be, but I would certainly jump on a $100 treadmill if the option presented itself. What a great investment you've made, especially because both you and your husband will be able to use it.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #6  

We have officially bought it, now. And it's actually quite nice for being used. Just finished up my first walk on it. Felt pretty good. I even jogged for a couple minutes (laugh if you want, but to me, that's a big deal!)...it's nice to have the privacy of home, that's for sure! Definitely a good investment. Going to try not feeling toooooo guilty.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Congrats on your new to you treadmil! I love mine! It takes away any exuse I have, cuz it is right in my house! Plus with 4 kids I can't count on getting to a gym or outside to do it. Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:05 PM   #8  
Wee Griffin's Mom

S/C/G: 235/215/165

Ooo, never feel guilty for having a treadmill! I take my *me* time each morning on my treadmill in front of a TV, watching all the movies and TV series that I would never have time to watch otherwise. Love it! I joined Netflix to support my DVD habit, and it proved to be a very frugal way to have enough shows to keep me entertained each morning.

Hint: high action shows (like 24) or musicals make you walk faster without you even realizing it!

Another hint: get some headphones with an extra-long cord so that you can hear the TV over the treadmill without waking everyone in the house

By the way, I'm working off post-pregnancy weight now, but I previously lost 106 pounds over two years with the treadmill as my only cardio workout. (I did weights twice a week, too.) Best investment ever!
Bellaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/250

I have so many exercise machines, but no motivation to use them--I hate exercising alone. When I first started I used the skier and the recumbent bike 15 min each, then it got so hot that I quit. They are on an enclosed porch with no a/c. I have a treadmill in my dining room, but have not been on it in months. I am somewhat afraid of it.
Please tell me your results with equipment so I maybe I will get motivated.
AuntChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #10  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Auntie, going to the gym and doing 30 min. cardio most days, got me off my plateau. Now that's motiation, for me!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:00 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Toni, how exciting! I recently got my dream of having my own treadmill and I love it! I don't have to worry about big dogs....which I'm terrified of....humidity, rain, travel time to a club, etc. Now, we have no excuses, huh?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #12  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Let me add to the others' comments - having my own treadmill has kept me exercising on days when I would have not gone - rain, heat, cold, too busy to get outside, etc. Having the treadmill in a temperature-controlled environment has been EXCELLENT for me to stay with it. I hope you will find this the case for yourself as well. Great choice!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote