Old 07-25-2007, 03:41 PM   #31  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Outland-

All in all your choices could have been worse. Maybe make an at home version of your sandwich. Buy a crusty roll and a lean cut of meat and lowfat cheese and so on. Really it's not a bad choice. As for portion control- I know what you mean. When I cook at home I have started a new tradition. I cook, dish up one serving on a plate, and pack up the rest in the fridge. If I am really motivated I pack it for lunch the next day or something. The point is with putting it away before I sit down to eat dinner it is easier to resist eating more. I find I generally eat whatever is in front of me. Regardless of if it is more or less.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #32  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone.

Just dropping in for a brief minute...company is coming today and I have tons of work to finish and some house cleaning to do. Hopefully, I can post a bit more later today.

I'm feeling a little discouraged this morning. The scales had gone down a pound since Monday...now, they're back up that pound. I have been 100% on-plan with my Southbeach food and staying between 1600-1700 calories a day. My feet dont seem swollen so I really don't think I'm retaining water. All that said, I am determined to not give up.....I hate the way my body doesnt cooperate sometimes with my weight loss efforts, but I'm staying the course!

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #33  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Don't you wish you could capture that 'after workout' feeling to sprinkle it on when you are in those pre-workout moments and mentally just not motivated! I know I do!

Sunshine--have a great time at the festival!

Outland--The good news is you didn't go for greasy, fried, whatever. I know for me, if I am REALLY craving something, I have to have it--or else I end up eating all crap. The good news is, the longer I have been eating more healthy, the less the cravings happen for me.

Kae--That's a great idea about putting the food away quickly!

Rhonda--Don't get discouraged!!! You can do this!

So, TOM has caught up w/ me and the scale is up 3lbs...I am so puffy it is gross! But, it's ok! I don't 'count' this # on the scale right now....give me a week and I will be back to 'normal'.

So we are almost all packed for our trip....I made sure I have workout clothes and extra batteries for my mp3 player. This afternoon we have to take our dogs to the kennel....I hate leaving them--even though I know they will be fine. The place we take them is wonderful! Still, I don't like to do it.

Ok, I need to get ready to leave for my mani/pedi! I cannot wait!!!!

MJ
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #34  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Today I really had to push myself to exercise, but I did it , I really was thinking of skipping today, sheesh. I ate fine so far, Bkfst: fat free milk, Kashi go lean crunch cereal, 5 oz grape fruit juice, just had a snack of a TLC Kashi bar, and am planning on 2 veggie burgers, ( no bread), with some salad, and some hummus, or salsa.
Dinner is up for grabs, I am making Jambalaya for the family, I am not sure what I will do, but it will be something healthy. I bought some plums and black grapes for fruit today, and know I can do this, I won't give up.

230's here I come.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #35  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Rhonda, don't let the numbers get to you! You seem to be forgetting that you dropped 6 pounds last week. You may not see that every week! Just hang in there and it will go down again.

I didn't exercise today and I'm mad at myself. My son, walking partner, had a sore back and a rash issue (TMI!), so I told him to sleep in today. I should have gone by myself, but I chose to sleep in. I'll be going out tomorrow morning, though. The extra sleep isn't worth the guilt.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #36  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I second what Diane said, Rhonda. You had a great week last week so this is likely your body evening itself out. If you stick with it, I promise the scale will move down again. After I have a big loss, the next week is a bit of torture. I can be the same weight everyday for 5 days, then up a pound, then down a pound, but that has never not been followed by another good week if I just hang in there. You're being tested, so don't give up!

As for me, I went out to dinner with a friend last night, so by the time I got home it was close to 11 and it felt too late to walk. I could have done it though, so I'm feeling a little bad about it, but I'll make up for it with a longer walk today. As for food, I did alright. We had Thai food - a spicy, brothy soup with chicken and veggies (my favorite), some white rice and a chicken dish wokked with sugar snap peas. It was very good! I ate more than I wanted to of the rice and chicken dish, but that's life, right? I'm back on track this morning and that's what counts.

I need to do some gardening today and pull out a lot of weeds. I hate weeding in the heat! But at least it's good exercise.

Have a great day, everyone!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #37  
Former Quitter

Hello, Everyone! Wow, I cant believe I'm the first on this thread today. Everyone must be super busy.

MJ - Hoping you're having a great time on your trip.
Cheryl - 230's......they are in our very near future!
Diane - were you able to get going on your walk today?
CC - I hate weeding, too....and I have a bunch that needs to be done. I wonder how many calories that burns?

My company came in late last night....3:30...actually, that's this morning, huh? I'm draggin my tail today......not enough sleep. Today, I will really need to be careful as I tend to overeat when I'm tired. The scales are looking very promising for weigh-in Monday so that give me incentive to stay on-plan today and through the weekend. Sending a big Thank You to you guys for helping me keep the faith yesterday! Old me probably would have gone off plan.....New me says "aint an option!"

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day and weekend.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #38  
Never want to go back!

Hi!

It's another day... Yesterday was a good one again. I ate well, I walked, I weeded (and it HAS to burn calories, Rhonda, it just has to!) and read a bit.

For today, moe weeding - I hate that I spent a fortune on my yard and then let it get so weedy. I swear, I'm hiring a gardener after I get it cleaned up a bit. That is totally my MO. I hate letting strangers see my messiness! I clean before the housekeepers come too. I think that's why I put off going to the doctor for so long. I want to clean house on my body before I let someone see it!

Enjoy your houseguests, Rhonda! Hope everybody else is having a great day too!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #39  
Former Quitter

Hi Everyone. It sure is quiet around the boards today. Everyone out and about and enjoying your weekend?

I'm staying on-plan this weekend but its been a little harder than usual. We can't expect our house guests to eat only our Southbeach diet food, so we have some some snacks on hand for them. I hate having that stuff in the house! I hear it calling me constantly....but, I'm persevering and it feels great! At the grocery store yesterday, one of my SILs was going to buy cookie dough...then, she remembered that I was dieting and that is one of my weaknesses and she didnt buy them. When we got home and I realized that she didnt get them, I really felt badly. But, just between us?....I sure am glad that I didnt have to endure the fragrance of fresh baked cookies lingering throughout my house!

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan weekend!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #40  
Never want to go back!

Hello!

Good for you, Rhonda for perservering! I hear you about having that stuff in the house. I swear, junk food can truly speak. And it calls to me...

Yesterday was a great day. Food was on track, and I walked for MILES! I just got the one point after another where I could have gone home and still felt good about having a long walk, but I just kept going like the Energizer bunny. An hour later I got home and felt totally sweaty and fantastic. Love that! I also weeded and got a pretty good sunburn. Ouch. I didn't think I'd be out there long enough to burn and didn't feel it, so like a dummy didn't grab sunscreen. Sadly, why does sun damage make one look so healthy in the short term? I'm glowing. Too bad it's from sun radiation! Got my hair cut and colored this morning and posted about it in the NSV thread. I got lots of kudos from my hairdresser who noticed my loss! Woo Hoo! People are finally noticing!

Anyway, I'm off to the post office to pick up the new Wii I ordered. I know, I'm a grown woman buying a video game, but I hear it's good exercise and I like playing games so I thought, what the ****. I heard they are coming out with something for it that is designed for exercise/weight loss(?) in September. Should be fun!

Have a great day!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:50 PM   #41  
Never want to go back!

I hear crickets, it's so quiet in here!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and sticking to their plans. If you're around - please come in and be accountable!

Yesterday I ate well calorie wise, but went WAY over on salty things. So of course, today is water retention city. So today, I'll lighten up on the salt so I'm ready for weigh in day. Yesterday I made it into the 260's and was so excited! Today my salty bod is back in the 270's. So I've got to get it off for tomorrow...

I also took a very long walk yesterday and I have to say I love they way it is beginning to feel when I move. My legs are stronger and slimmer and I walk differently - the power in my stride is coming more from my thighs and rear rather than my just calves. My arms and sides are shrinking so my arms swing more free and clear when I walk. I didn't realize that it had gotten so that my forearms were the only ones doing the swinging. All in all, I just feel more graceful and free and that feels awesome!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great Sunday and I hope you all come back tomorrow!