Old 07-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #16  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I did good yesterday, and so far so good, I ate really well this morning, did exercises and plan to eat a light lunch of either tuna or a veggie burritto, I took down some flounder and plan to broil it for dinner.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi! Wow, I think everyone knows I am going on vacation and wants to get 'just this one little thing' before I go! Oh well, deep breath....I can do this!

So far so good today. I AM going to the gym right after work, then to the grocery store to pick up some fresh veggies for dinner.

My birkenstocks came yesterday--they are the mary jane style. I LOVE them! I have several sandals, but none of the shoes--I think I am totally hooked! (I have a bad knee and recently found out I have a pinched nerve in my foot--my foot dr recommended birkenstocks, hey--any excuse to buy shoes!) I cannot wait to wear them!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #18  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all!

Oh, Rhonda, it's so neat to see you so inspired! Very contagious, I must say. Sounds like everyone has some great motivation. I know those vacations can be rough, but maybe this will keep you motivated: I was on vacation last week and tried to eat well and exercise. I got home Friday and the scale was up 3 pounds. It's now Tuesday and I am down 4 pounds from that, which is lower than when I left! Moral of the story is don't get discouraged if the scale moves up a bit while you're gone. If you stick to your plan it'll be gone again before you know it!

I got back on the walking train yesterday and it felt so good. Why did I not want to do it? The brain is so weird and frustrating sometimes. I ate well too and for my nice thing I went to Barnes and Noble and bought some new summer books.

Have a great day, everybody!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #19  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Today I am doing good, got 45 minutes of exercise in, and will do some free weight lifting tonight. For Breakfast I ate a little more than normal, in that I added a banana to my cereal, but I don't see it as a bad thing, because normally I get hungry around this time and eat a fruit, now I am not hungry.
Lunch will probably bee some tuna and a salad, and for dinner I am steaming some broccoli for the kid's dinner and will add a baked sweet potato to it with some hummus. Food is a problem at times for me, because I don't eat red meat or poultry, so I have to look for things to keep me interested, and if I don't I usually end up eating junk, but no more, I got some melon and cherries to snack on today if I feel deprived.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #20  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
I got back on the walking train yesterday and it felt so good.
Me, too! And, I was fighting a mental battle with myself right up until I stepped on the treadmill and turned it on. Physically, it didnt feel so great....sweating like a dog and sore Mentally, I felt awesome...like I could do anything! CC, we're on our way to slender healthy bodies.

Calorie counting is going well and, as you can see, exercise is also going well. So, whats up with this dang water? Man, it seems like such a simple thing compared to staying on-plan with food and exercising...but, it is turning out to be my roughest commitment. Today, I committ to drinking 64 ounces.

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #21  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I'm just stepping back into it again. I'm slowly coming off my sugar high from this past week of bad food overload. The next couple days will be rough. I decided I better step up my game and I opened a free fitday account. This way I can track my calories. I think to start I will aim around 1500 a day. As far as water- I need to increase that as well. And for exercise-- I am planning a bike ride later tonight and maybe one of my taebo videos.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #22  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I made it back to the gym yesterday! YEA! I will go tonight as well. So far today eating is going very well and have a healthy dinner planned as well. Work *seems* to have settled, at least for the moment...just wrapping up some last minute things and then I am outta here! I have an appt for a mani/pedi tomorrow and I can't wait!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #23  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

This may be one of those TMI posts, but I thought it was pretty funny, so I wanted to share. I think I told you all that I have been going out in the morning to walk/jog while my son runs (getting ready for football). Anyway, it has been kind of humid here, so rather than wearing sweat pants, I decided to wear these shorts I have. They're really roomy (ok, really kind of baggy), but thought they'd be good for this. Anyway, I started to jog a little and I could hear this slapping noise. I instantly knew what it was... it was my stomach bouncing up and down. (I have one of those fat aprons that really isn't THAT bad, but when you're jogging with nothing to keep it in place, it evidently bounces.)

The good thing is that I wasn't discouraged by it, I just kept jogging. But I also thought it was hilarious and I really wanted to share it with someone. Well, I'm not telling my son or anyone else that I know in person, so I'm sharing with you all!! Ha!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #24  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Oh Diane! I can soooo relate...I have one of those aprons, too.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

hi all, if I hold out today - this will mark my 3 super perfect days with roughly 1500 calories burned each day, and 1400-1500 intake.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #26  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outland View Post
I don't know who I am anymore. I'm about to cry. I had lemon pepper chicken with red peppers some coby cheese as a wheat wrap. With grilled zucchini and some steam mixed veggies. Afterwards I was cleaning up and I need to put stuff away and I had filled the frig (thanks wal-mart!) So I..I.. I threw away biscuits in a can 3 of them and a container of chocolate icing and then this is what gets me 2 weeks ago I got a 8x8 pan of triple chocolate brownies the kind that make your mouth water. Normally I finish this in 3 days or less but cause of here and what I been doin I just hadn't eaten them just a few nibbles but I kept moving them around and around and tonight I threw them out!! OMG theses are my comfort food my destress of the day so I don't hurt the idoits at work. An I've never been happier with myself to the point of crying.

Yes I weird and a dork but I wanted to share.
I know exactly how you feel. I got depressed when I started eating healthy a few wks ago. I felt like I didn't have anywhere to run when I needed comfort. I guess it is a gradual thing to get used to not turning to food every moment of the day. I know I am a food addict, literally, so I can relate to what you are feeling. Hang in there!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #27  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Diane: You made me laugh out loud! I can so relate--I have it too. You have to laugh about it, to keep sane. Thank you for such a great laugh, it was priceless.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

hey everyone,
sorry i didn't get a chance to post yesterday and have no time to post today....I'm off to the festival, just stopped by for a hello and I'll catch up on reading how everyone is doing when i get back on sunday!

Wish me luck!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #29  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Helloooo!

Didn't it feel good after you walked Rhonda? No matter how often I go, I dread it so much and am always surprised how happy I am afterwards. I don't know why I can't WANT to do it for that happy feeling afterwards... But I DO so desperately want one of those slender healthy bodies - I'm with you on the hunt for one of those!

Oh well, I walked again last night. Yay me! And I ate well yesterday. It's so strange to me how when I'm in "the zone" eatingwise, it is the easiest thing in the world. It's like I've eaten like this all my life and have no compulsion to change. I'm so glad for that - I don't think I could fight food and exercise everyday. As for my nice thing, I didn't really have a good one other than reading. As I've said before, I've got to work on coming up with more socially interactive nice things.

Sunshine, I hope you have a great time at your festival!

Have a great day all!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Well I'm doing ok but not great. I got the sweet treats kicked but it seems I'm still a man I crave MEAT and by meat I mean BEEF and a lot of it. The good I didn't go to Mickey Ds, wendys, taco bell, dunkin doughnuts, milwalkee frozen custard, jerry's subs & pizza, 7 11, A&W hot dogs and more, KFC. all within a mile of reach other can you freaking belive! However I did stop at Qiznio's and get a reg sized angus beef with cheese and and onions and fresh mushrooms. An a cup of chicken noodle soup and a 20oz Dr Pepper. I did tell myself no on the chips, cookies, and cake. An I didn't refill my drink.

There is just something about a big hot pile of beef on a chunchy crusted roll that I just haven't been yet. But I'm not going to eat again till dinner expect for some apple slices (keeps me from having sugar fits for some reason).

I feel good for what I did past on. An what I ate wasn't so bad it more the amount that got me. I know I argued with myself between reg and small for a good 4 or 5 mins. An I lost that round.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote