Old 01-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Finally out of the ice

It's been a long 10+ days. I didn't come to work on Friday the 10th because that's when the weather was supposed to hit. Luckily we never lost power for more than 30 minutes a couple of times at home but we ended up staying at my mom's for a couple of days anyway because they had propane and a generator and our house is all electric. The town where I work didn't fair so well and finally got power back at the end of last week. I did drive to a sister newspaper and meet my boss with our computers and put out 2 papers last Wednesday but didn't have time to check in.
My eating healthy went out the window with being cooped up. I didn't really have any junk food in the house but I was doing a lot of boredom eating. I find that the structure of work helps to keep me on plan so much more than just being home all day long. I'm up 2 pounds in two weeks but I think that's because I broke down and bought cookies over the weekend. I'm working on getting back on track today. I'm going to go back to writing out my meals tonight for the rest of the week. I find that helps me out more than anything if I have it all written down.
Here's a couple of pics from the ice and the kids sledding. (We were lucky and didn't have much damage)

barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Dawnyal,

Welcome back! Glad you and your family made it through safely. Staying on plan when out of work is very difficult. The boredom is a big problem for me on the weekends. Thank God for Monday!

The pictures are beautiful. The kids look like they appreciated the ice.
Can I ask what lense you used for the branches and icicles?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Can I ask what lense you used for the branches and icicles?
I have a Kodak Z710 easyshare. I used the auto setting and portrait setting for some of them and just used the macro (the flower thing) to get the closeups.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #4  
No description available.

Awesome pix! Glad you all weathered the weather ok. I have relatives out your way and it was quite a time, I heard.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Beautiful pictures Dawnyal! I'm glad the storm is over and that you didnt suffer too much damage!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #6  
Live for the Moment!

Hi Dawnyal!

Lovely pictures...Happy you and the family are safe and no damage!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #7  

Hey there, I was wondering how you made out during this last week. We did not lose power where I live but I was ready. It was just me, myself and I because hubby was out of town. I worked Friday the 12 and with the schools being closed due to the ice I did not work again until yesterday the 22. Gosh it felt great to get out of the house! I ate to keep warm. HA HA. I was cold and boared.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Hey girl, glad to see you back on here!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote