S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Heyyyyyy Sarah (and Lorraine too!!) So happy to see you! You have been MISSED!@
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #17  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hey there, welcome back. I can't even imagine what you've been through in the past year but on top of that it looks like you kept almost 40 lbs off through all that! Congratulations and I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

edit: Make that OVER 40 lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
if you are doing cardio 5 times a week after all that your body has been through, then I'm just going to have to shut up about not finding the will to exercise and get off my rear. I've got zero excuse next to the one you are choosing not to use! That's what I call inspirational!
This is what I was thinking too! I have no excuses left after reading your post! Wow, you are accomplishing so much!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #18  
Aleecia

Welcome Back!
I'm so glad to see you back around here. You are such an inspiration to many of us here.
Glad you are back on your feet and doing well.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #19  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good to see you back!! Glad you made it through another round, and kicked cancer's *** AGAIN!!! You go, girl!

Very glad to hear Lorraine is on the bandwagon this time, it will make it much easier.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #20  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Oh...Sarah...I have missed you DESPERATELY!!!!

I'm so happy to see you....maybe I can jump on that big, bad bandwagon with you...will you sit beside me?
****, maybe we should walk beside the bandwagon and get some exercise!

I love you, girl...and have missed you so much..I am so glad you are home.

Now hear this, cancer : Sarah has not let you beat her so far...why don't you just get lost and leave her alone...permanently!

xoxoxoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Sarah - your courage and determination is amazing! Good to see you again!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #22  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

WOW!! Jeez, you guys, now you went and made me cry! (Especially you, stupid Linda -- you ALWAYS make me cry, you frickin' sweetheart!! )

Gina, you mentioned that not everyone in my situation would resume the weight loss battle and that you commend me for getting back on track. Thank you! I know that I didn't fight like **** and go through all that I did to end up with a life limited and negatively affected by anything under my control. I know that after a cancer fight so many people do some reevaluating of their lives, and end up switching careers, or spouses/partners, or residences, or SOMETHING that they've been unhappily putting up with....sustained weight loss requires a bit more of a long-term commitment than some of the other stuff, but in my case, I really feel that I'm just resuming the path I was on before I was so rudely and painfully interrupted. I got unavoidably sidelined, but now it's like, "OK! So, that crap is hopefully behind me....now, where was I?"

Sheila, you wily devil, did you go looking for me over at the Hodgkins message board? You know, in addition to the premature, chemo-induced menopause thing (this second menopause will surely stick, but really: poor LORRAINE having to deal with me going through it TWICE! Not pretty. ) the docs say that I'm at risk for a thyroid shutdown or reduction in function, so they're going to check it out periodically (beginning next month, when I get my first post-transplant scans to see if I'm in remission.) It doesn't seem like it so far, since I was able to lose this past week, but the blood tests will tell the whole story, I guess. As for the pool: YES! We got it installed right after we moved in last June and I was able to enjoy it all summer and right up until I went into the hospital in late October. (It was such a gift during the chemo last summer; I felt almost human when I was in the water -- it gave me energy! -- so I'd hang out in there for like 6 hours a day! Thank you for remembering! Our home turned out beautifully, and not a day goes by that each of us doesn't give thanks for it and say, "God, I love this house." This spring we'll focus on landscaping, but we did plant 2 varieties of Japanese Maples as my transplant trees -- as a symbol of my fight and so we can grow strong together. I'm just so grateful to be able to recuperate in such a beautiful home -- even if we need me to get back to work so we can pay for it!!

Dana, I'll always be your big-nosed guy! Do you hear it??? I totally hear it.... Damn. Now I can't get it out of my head. I'm really glad you're back here, too. We're in it together, ok?

I wish I had the memory to respond to each of you individually, but please know that I SO appreciate each of you being so sweet to me and giving me such a warm welcome back.

I am SO feeling the love!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #23  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hey, I forgot to say that it's SO GREAT to see so many people I know!! (And also all the folks I will get to know soon seem really great, too. )

Has Gretchen been around? Mez? Does Jen (from NYC) still pop in with her skinny self? And beautiful Beverly? I saw the Howberlies chiming in on an earlier thread, but are they still active? (I sure hope so!)
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #24  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Sarah...thanks!!! That is my goal in life...to make you cry!!! MMmmuwuhhhaaahhaaahhaaa!

This is, of course..because I wear my heart on my sleeve, and say what I feel, as much trouble as it gets me in

As for the others, I haven't seen any for a while...by Gretchen's blog, it looks like she's struggling to get started just like me.

I'm so glad you are back

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #25  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey good to see you back and at it. The place is not the same without you.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #26  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! *running around in circles*

Hi!!! I have totally missed you. Happy New Year! New Life! I'm visualizing all your new bone marrow and white blood cells kicking butt - like Xena warrior princess style. Hiiiiyya!

Don't be a stranger.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Sarah!!!

Good to see you back. I've been missing for a while too.

Beth
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #28  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

It's Sarah!!!! I'm so glad to see your shiney face back in here. I too snuck over to the hodgkins board just to make sure you were OK.

Gretchen has been in and out. She is gearing up, so I'm sure she'll be back soon!!

Miss You bunches!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #29  

Actively lurking, as always. Good to see ya girl, you had me worried there for a bit with no update to your blog. Lovin' the positive outlook, so good to have you back.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #30  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back Sarah!! You have been missed!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote