Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #16  
Canadian, eh?

Thanks, Tanya, Judy and Carla for the birthday wishes. We had a fantastic day...we took the backroads and went exploring...we found the Gang Ranch, which in its heyday was one of the largest working cattle ranches in the world, is very famous, and has a long colorful history...we got home in time to shower and change and then headed out for dinner - creme brulee won out...it really is my fave. I also helped myself to a bit of Mike's chocolate truffle cheesecake! I used every flex point I had available and enjoyed every mouthful!

Jenny, good for you for getting back on track after your vacation.

Rachel, way to go on signing up for the 5k.

Judy, glad all is well with your retina! And as for the Judy version of WW, I think it's fairly similar to the KarenVersion.

Carla, I hear you about the housework situation...mine's in the same state but luckily I have no one coming to see if for the forseeable future - at least no one I'd worry about being tidy for!

Tanya, here's some for dealing with those Easter eggs! I guess with four kids there's no avoiding them! I'm doing my best to avoid Easter chocolate...although I think that's where my flex points will be spent next week. And then there are the hot cross buns...

All is well on the WW front. We've been doing lots of logging cleanup outside, so I've been getting exercise in. This will probably be my major form of exercise for the next three years! Oh well

Have a great weekend.

Karen
Old 04-08-2006, 11:54 AM   #17  

Rachel - sorry to hear about your sick child. I hope all is well now. WTG on signing up for the 5K! I did that a few years ago (I did the Race for the Cure) and while I had some time to train for it, I found that I still use what I did back then. I do a walk/run. I started by walking for 5 or 10 minutes and then running for 1 or 2 minutes. Eventually I was able to increase the amount of running while decreasing the amount of walking. April 20th is very soon but maybe you can try something like that. It was very motivating just to see myself able to run for another 30 seconds or 1 minute.

Carla - Way to go on the loss especially with all the stress you've been going through - the equivalent of working full-time is something to get used to for sure! If it wasn't for Ana's First Communion (Anthony's is in the beginning of May), I would say forget the cleaning, you are more important, but you have a good idea to try to get some done this weekend. I had to LOl about the shopping and the Easter candy. My leader this morning told a funny story. When her daughter first starting making an Easter basket for her grandchild, she called my leader up all excited and said, "Mom, they're making chocolate Easter bunnies with ears now!" Thankfully the Easter candy is not something I have to worry about. Hey, there isn't even a farm closer than 50 miles or so, let alone an alpaca farm! That's a great way of describing the tiff-snacking - it is like an outer-body experience. The weather is cold and really rainy today but tomorrow is supposed to be nicer, sunny and high 50's. I'll be pruning roses in the morning for sure.

Karen - Glad to hear that you had a fabulous day. I love taking back roads and exploring and it's so great that you have backroads right where you live! Back roads here just give you slightly less traffic and just more suburban houses. Good for you for having that creme brulee. WTG on the outdoors exercise but can you just explain what you mean about "logging cleanup"? Are you and Mike clearing land and chopping down trees?? I just had a vision in my mind of the "Lumberjack" scene (with music) from Monty Python.... ;-)

I'm happy to report a 0.8 loss. That puts me at 10 pounds lost so far. I've gotten to 10 pounds lost before and have not gotten to 15 but that is going to be different this time around! I'm determined to keep with my goal of 3-4 pounds a month. This week poses some challenges. We are going out to dinner with friends tonight at a fabulous Italian restaurant and I have the Passover seder at my mom's this Thursday night. I took a look at the menu (online) for the restaurant tonight and have some ideas of what I might eat and I'm planning on earning a bunch of AP's today to help. I have to save as many Weekly Points for Thursday as possible.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #18  
Canadian, eh?

Judy - Yay for your loss and for getting to 10 lbs lost! That's fabulous!! And it's great to hear you sounding so determined to lose 3-4 lbs per month...I'm feeling very determined too, and am going to see this through to a successful outcome. I'm sure you'll do well at the restaurant tonight. LOL re the Lumberjack Song! I love Monty Python stuff. We had some selective logging done last year, and then some clearing done in the fall. Our "excavator guy" is looking after burning the big slash piles, but the ground is littered with small branches, broken logs not worth turning into firewood, and stumps etc., which have to be gathered up and burned. Luckily I'm a bit of a pyromaniac at heart, so I quite enjoy tending the fires. It good exercise lifting, dragging, walking back and forth etc. I have three on the go this morning.

Mike is ill with a gastrointestinal bug...vomitting & diarrhea - ick. I'm hoping it was food poisoning rather than something contagious! I don't need to be sick. No food challenges on the horizon, other than being out of flex points until Monday. I'm thinking about doing a big bowl of my lite coleslaw for lunch, but in the meantime, I have fires to tend.

Have a great day.

Karen
Closed Thread