Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/125.5/105

Smile Easter/Spring Break Mini-Goals!

Hi Everyone,

Easter is little over a month away, so its a great date to attach a mini-health or fitness goal to! My goal is to lose at least five pounds by Easter. What are your weight/health/fitness goals in the next one month? I thought we could use this thread to keep us all motivated in the next few weeks!
Old 03-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

I am trying to reach my goal weight by Easter. I came really close (as alot of you know) about a month and a half ago but I just wasn't where I wanted to be and I took a few weeks off eating-wise...

Anyhoo...I'm back to try some again...6 or 7 pounds in the next 5 weeks is totally doable...

Fitness goal: Keep running minimum of 15 miles per week in order to get to goal weight, train for races, and get some smashing legs before summer. Also, I will incorporate weight-training a minimum of 1-2 times per week.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #3  

Emily, no doubt that you'll hit your goal weight by Easter. Your fitness goals are awesome- 15 miles a week! My fitness goal is to walk every morning (either by myself on the treadmill or with my little pup) Mon-Friday, and try and go to the gym at least three times a week in the evenings afterwork..oh and move somewhat during the weekends, lol.

Does anyone else belong to Bally? You earn fitness points for every time you workout. At the end of the quarter, you get to spend the points on things such as fitness gear, nutritional stuff, etc. The next "points earning" quarter starts in April, so its a great motivation to head back to the gym.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:52 PM   #4  

Since I'm still nursing my 12 month old, I can't lose too quickly or my milk supply will drop. So my mini Easter goal will be 3 lbs! I'm also going to try to walk at least 3 times a week with my boys and to take them to the park and play at least once a week (believe it or not that is a good workout for mom too!!!). I know that isn't much, but right now I can't seem to find the time for exercise! One thing at a time, right?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #5  
Caden's Mommy

So far so good for this week...I have been staying OP and getting in my work outs...I already feel better than I have the last few weeks!

Easter - Here I come!!!

How is everyone else doing this week??

Last edited by Lucky13; 03-15-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/191/135

Cool, I wanna join. I made my mini goal 3 weeks ago when i started weight watchers. I hope to lose the rest by then.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #7  

I did really well on Monday and Tuesday, but I started today off badly. I got a larger coffee at Starbucks than I usually get and it was 5 pts! YIKES! Oh well, I'll just adjust my day for it.

I haven't exercised at all. My whole family has a rotten cold, so don't really have the energy to do more than I normally do!

Good luck!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:53 PM   #8  

Great Job Girls! I'm glad everyone is getting psyched to hit their Easter mini-goals. I clocking in at 8 points already and its just 11:00 am, so i'd better cool it! Lol. I have a general question for everyone: how much water should one be drinking? I know weight watchers advises six cups, but I have a friend that recently lost 15 pounds and she swears by at least 10 cups a day. I'm trying the 10 cups a day, but so far I think I may have gained a bit in water weight, despite the fact that I'm using the lavatory at least every hour. So what is the ideal amount of water a female should be consuming?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #9  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Smile

I'd like to be in on this challenge too! Sounds great!
So my challenge for myself is too

1.) Record all points eaten, & journal everyday
2.) Drink my 64 oz of water
3.) Weigh myself weekly (without weighing so many times a day)
4.) Exercise 3-4 times a week!

And my mini weight loss is too get in the 170's, hopefully 175lbs
So too lose 9 pounds!
Starting weight for this challenge 184
March 15: recorded & journaled, drank 64 oz water, exercised
March 16: went to curves 45 mins, drank 64 oz water, recorded & journaled..Yeah!
March 17:I didn't follow plan really at all, no journalling, no exercising, but I was on my feet all day for 8 hours as I was doing my practicum in the Operating Room
March 18: went too curves 45 mins, drank 64 oz water, did not journal everything
March 19: Journaled, went bowling for 1 hour, still drinking water
March 20: Journaled, H2O 64 oz+, 45 mins @ curves
Weigh In Day!->Yes! Down 3lbs from 184...181

March 21: Journaled, no exercise, 32 oz water
March 22: Journaled, all water, no exercise
March 23: Journaled, all water, exercise 40 minutes @ curves
March 24: no journalling, 1/2 of water, on feet all day at school in hospital
March 25:nadda on Holidays
March 26:nadda
March 27:nadda
Weigh in Day!->I will be on holidays for Spring Break! probably gained

March 28: nadda
March 29: nadda
March 30: nadda
March 31: nadda
April 1: nadda
April 2: nadda
April 3: nadda
Weigh In Day!: 184.2 I gained 3.2lbs from not eating healthy and not drinking water

April 4:no journalling, no water I'm still sick with strep throat
April 5:sicky
April 6:sicky
April 7:at hospital for school on feet all day 11 hours, little water
April 8:
April 9:
April 10:
Weigh In Day!

April 11: Oh wow, I almost forgot it's My Birthday!
April 12:
April 13:
April 14:
April 15:
April 16: Easter!!!!!!
April 17: weigh in day the Monday

Last edited by JennyDee25; 04-08-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #10  

I'm joining in too!!! YAY!!!

My Mini/Easter Goal is to lose 8 more pounds by Easter. That will put me at 134 lbs. This past week was my first week with WW and I lost 5 lbs. I'd love to keep losing 5 lbs a week (lol), but I've gotta feeling that the quick weight loss is gonna drop off from here. :-) but that's ok...

I think I'll make my fitness goal to do my weight lifting 3 times a week and walk/run at least 45 minutes a week. I exercise everyday anyways.

Good luck everybody!!! Oh and Davina, I've heard a female needs to drink 6-8glasses of water a day and I've heard 8-10. I really don't think you should try and drown yourself if water. I would say between 6-8, but 10 is fine to if that's whatyou want to do. I try and drink at least 6-8 a day throughout the day. Water keeps your metabolism going strong! :-)

Heather

Starting: 152
WW Start: 147
Current Weight: 142
Goal: 120
Old 03-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #11  

OK I am joining this challenge as a motivator to get back on track. I was doing so good sticking to my points/exercising -- now for some reason I have hit a roadblock. Sooo.. I am going to use this to get my butt back in gear!!!

My Easter goal is to lose 5 lbs and to get cardio back into my workout. I have been very dedicated to my weight training but every morning my cardio gets shorter and shorter. It just seems to be getting boring. Any suggestions....
I am going to get in 30 min 3 times a week. I think I will try to split my 30 minutes between two different machines. Off I go to make a new tracker for my new goal
Old 03-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone! How is everyone doing with their Easter mini-goals? I actually gained (yikes!) 1/2 a pound from last week, but I think that its mostly water weight since I increased my water intake last week. But this week, I aiming for at least a one pound weight loss. Good luck to everyone!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/191/135

This past Monday was my one month mark of being on Weight Watchers. I lost four pounds last week. Below is my total weight loss for the past month. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:42 PM   #14  

so far so good with my Easter goals! I started fresh with following my points on Sunday and so far so good. Lots of talking myself through cravings etc. As far as cardo goes I was able to get in 30 min on Monday, today I was rushed as I had to take my daughter to swimming but that's OK I committed to 30 minutes 3x per week and that will be thursday and Friday.

Good luck to everyone else as well. Weigh in day is Friday so we'll see what the scale has to say!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #15  
Caden's Mommy

First week down and not so good on my part...I didn't exercise once the entire weekend and ate ALOT!!

I finally got back on the treadmill this morning so I have a lot of ground to make up...

I might have to move my end date of the goal to the end of April or change my goal to losing 5 pounds...I'll see what happens and make a decision by the end of this month

Hope everyone else is doing well
Closed Thread