WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 07:25 PM   #1  

Default Help!!!

Help!!! I am having surgery this Wednesday. All day Tuesday, I have to be on a clear liquid diet. How can I incorporate this with WW? How can I still get some calories/fruits/veggies?

I can have: coffee (no cream/milk), tea, water, soda, jello, italian ice, juice (no pulp), broth.

I can't think of any liquid veggies that are transparent. V8 won't work.

So, I'm thinking tea and apple juice in a.m. followed by lots of water.
Broth, juice, sugar free jello and sugar free italian ice for lunch followed by lots of water. Maybe because of the reduction in calories, I'm not doing myself any favors with the Sugar Free stuff. What is going to keep me going all day?

Same for dinner. And lots of jello for dessert.

After surgery is going to be fun too....all bland foods. Oatmeal, rice, blah blah blah.

Any more ideas?
Old 11-01-2004, 10:36 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Since it is for a doctor then you need to 'temporarily' forget the W/W stuff and stick with things like broth, clear juices and such. You probably will not get in all your points but this is only a 1 day thing. Concentrate on getting better and back 100% after your surgery.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:40 AM   #3  

You could drink the broth from veggie soap. Its not the same, but it might be have some of the benfits of veggies in it. Otherwise I agree with the poster above.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #4  

Thanks girls.

Unfortunately, I didn't read your posts until a week after my surgery, but basically, everybody else said same thing. I still counted my points however. I didn't get in all my points, but I am addicted to writing down everything I put in my mouth. I still kept it healthy. Low sodium Broth, SF jello, low carb fruit juices, etc. It was ****! By the time of surgery the next day, I had the biggest migraine and was SO sick. I threw up any liquids I consumed.

(FYI: I have low blood sugar or what I recently found out now maybe insulin resistence connected to PCOS and suffer from migraines when I don't eat, so this is why I get so sick. This has been a huge contributing factor in my weight gain and difficulty losing it.)

Anyway, I was in the hospital 4 days (they took out a grapefruit size mass [endometriosis] attached to the outer wall of my uterus) and they didn't care about my WW needs. The food was bland, soft, but not low fat or calories and not much fiber. I tried my best. I think I did o.k. I didn't gain any weight really (officially anyway). I had a new low on my home scale the day of the liquid diet, but I didn't consider that a 'true' weight. I think I will actually be down at my next weigh in. And by the time I'm fully recovered, I should lose more after the bloat & swelling go away. So, there was an upside to this whole mess...lol.

I'm home now recovering and keeping track of my WW points again. It sure feels good to return to foods I know the points of!

Thanks for the input.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

get well and welcome back!
Closed Thread