Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 10:43 AM   #31  

Thanks for the encouragement. Things will be different for me next week. My 6 year old son is going in for surgery for lazy eye muscle on Wednesday morning. My parents will be here from Ohio to help out. It's cosidered minor surgery; he goes in the morning and is supposed to be home by noon. But, it is still nerve racking for us. I am taking Wed., Thurs., Fri. off from work, so, with Veteran's day off on Monday, will only work one day next week. As far as WW goes, I think with the stress it will be even more important to eat healthily. Luckily, my parents are all for my weight loss and healthy eating. My mom had a minor stroke years ago, which was a wake-up call for her. Now that I'm getting older, I have to make sure I counteract that gene. My dad also had surgery for heart murmer, and is supposed to watch his diet; he doesn't though, and Mom is glad when I serve them lowfat meals.

About your lemon merengue pie; I would keep the merengue, that's the good part, and doesn't it have low (maybe even 0) points? The low-fat crust will help out, and you can't really tell the difference. Would you be able to substitute something like Splenda for the sugar? It seems like that's where most of the calories would be. Let me know.
Old 11-11-2001, 08:28 AM   #32  

Good Luck lil I hope everything works out for your son. I am here if you need to talk. Everything with be fine. Remember food is not a substitute for emotions. Take a walk when u get in trouble. The meranage have 1/4 c of sugar which makes it a lot of points. I havent use sugar subsitute because I dont like the taste but have tried that one. I will let u know what we decide. Well of to the shower. Good luck this week. I will be around
Old 11-11-2001, 12:19 PM   #33  

Thanks Tracey,

I've been snacking a lot already this morning, but it's been all low-point foods, so I'll be OK. I didn't even realize why I was doing it until I read your post. Of course, that's me, the ultimate stress eater. I'm really full now, so won't need lunch. You've given me my new mantra for the next week: Food is not a substitute for emotions, food is not a substitute for emotions...........
Old 11-14-2001, 07:08 AM   #34  

You know Lil I never thought I was an emotional eater but this weekend I was not only PMSing but I was upset with my Ex an I felt myself turning to the foods. I didnt turn to the sweets like I usually do but I did turn to carbs which can be just as bad. I am back on track even though I am still upset with him but I will not let me control my life anymore.
Old 11-16-2001, 10:33 AM   #35  

You go, Tracey! I think you meant you won't let HIM control your life anymore, right? I have always turned to food when stressed, upset, and need comforting, and for me it is the carbs. I still do it some, but I will make a bag of 94% FF popcorn and that seems to satisfy me. It used to be chips. The big thing is being aware of what you are doing. I used to put food in my mouth without even thinking about it.

We are all relieved my son's surgery came out fine and he was already jumping around too much that day and had an appetite. It's amazing these days what they can do with kids. I was so worried I hardly was able to get any sleep the night before. I'm so glad that I took the three days off. It's been great to spend time with my parents.
Old 11-17-2001, 08:19 AM   #36  

I am so happy that your son is doing good. Glad things with your parents are being your spirits up. Good Luck.

I had a horrble week this week but there were some postives signs too. Thursday morning on my way to school I was in a car accident and i cracked up my car. $2000 damage to my car. I am a little sore with a minor concussion but I will be fine. It hurts to work out so I havent done it in a few days. I was still able to make my meeting on thursday and still lost 3.6. My car will be fixed so really there was no damage because no one was seriously hurt. I have a date today so I must go it is an afternoon concert we are going to. Good luck all and have fun
Old 11-17-2001, 12:58 PM   #37  

Wow! You have had a rough week. Hope you are feeling better. Did you go to the ER to get checked out? Being in a car accident can really shake you up for a while. It's great that you can see some positive things happening at the same time.

That is terrific that you lost over 3 pounds last week! You are definitely off that plateau. I didn't go this week because of my son's surgery on Wed. My parents are gone now, and while I ate more than usual with them here, I didn't go wild either. I'll be happy if I maintained. Now comes Thanksgiving and we're off to Ohio for a few days. I'm going to take along some of my low points foods so I have something to eat other than those casseroles my mom loves to make. I'll miss my weigh-in again. I look at this as sort of a challenge; how will I do when I do start just going once a month, or do I really need to go every week? I'll find out.

Going out on a date sounds fun. What kind of concert will you be attending? I'm trying to get a sitter tonight so my husband and I can have some much-needed alone time.
Old 11-18-2001, 11:13 AM   #38  

Default lemon pie recipe

Tracey,
I hope you don't mind: I have been thinking about your pie dilemma and asked if anyone had low points lemon meringue recipes at ***************, and someone gave me this one. It does look good, but will it be similar enough to your original to be satisfying?
Also noticed it contains quit a bit of aspertame. Still you get to have lemon pie and not feel guilty.

1 pkg. sf lemon jello (1 pt)
1 cup boiling water
4 ice cubes
1 container lemon (aspartame) yogurt (2pts)
1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust (2pts)
1 cup Cool Whip Free (2 pts)
1 Tb mini chocolate chips (3 pts)

Mix jello with water. Add ice cubes (stir until dissove). Whisk in yogurt. Pour into pie shell. Refridgerate until set (about 2 hours). Thaw Cool Whip (nuke 30 seconds). Spread over top. Sprinkle chips over all. The whole pie is just 10 points.
Soooo delicious! I cut it into 8 pieces and counted each slice as two points, just to be safe.

My husband and I got out to a movie last night then met up with some friends at a local watering hole. I had one drink, then switched to water. It was great to get out.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:11 AM   #39  

wow lil thank you. No I do not mind u asking at all. Thank you for trying. I will give it to mom and check it out.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:44 PM   #40  

Default Hello 30 Somethingers

Hello,

I used these forums a while back but dropped off. I'm back on weight watchers and was looking for some support and I immediately thought of this site. It is so helpful to have a place where you can read and share successes, frustrations, failures and it is okay and you are not alone. Why does dieting always feel so lonely.

I am 173/WW155/goal 140

I am a moderate loser which is why I was not so successful the last time I did weight watchers. It was at work and I had huge expectations. Week after week I heard my co-workers cheer each other for their 3 pounds lost! or 2 pounds lost! and I would step on the scale and be 1/2 pound or 1 pound. The most I lost in 10 weeks was 1.2.

Well, I finally decided that any loss was better then no loss and I am very miserable being this large. My "big" clothes are beginning to feel snug and the others bunch and pull and just look bad.

I'm not very good with these "threads" yet. If anyone has any tips or pointers I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

I look forward to losign with you all.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:40 PM   #41  

Welcome Nica! I am so glad you joined us, and decided to give WW another try! We are very supportive on this thread. Remember everyone's weight loss is different, and I have always heard that those who are slower to take it off are more likely to keep it off. Sometimes when I haven't lost, I just think about how much healthier I am eating and how good this is for me. And, even one pound a week will really start to add up!

Can you believe I ended up being home again today and yesterday because my 6 year old has strep and my 22 mo. old has an ear infection? OOPS, maybe I shouldn't have taken all 3 days off last week, but who knew? They are already feeling better after being on antibiotics, so no problemo for Thanksgiving.

I'll be off the board for a few days. I am off to Ohio in the minivan along with three kids, my husband and our golden retreiver to my parents' for Thanksgiving. My strategy for Thanksgiving is to concentrate on being with family, not eating with family Also, I'm taking along some things like 1 point English muffins, my Kashi, and a couple of other low points snacks in case I need to snack on something.

Tracey, let me know what happened with your lemon pie!

Happy Thanksgiving All!
Old 11-22-2001, 09:50 AM   #42  

Happy Thankgiving all ty you for join us i was getting worried this was the lil and tracey board. First step of losing is coming back aboard so congrads.

Remember the important thing for success today is portion control and load up on those veggies. I am going with your pie lil. We made the filling and it was really good. Have fun in that mini van. I am pretty much only eating once today. Later tonight I will make a very light meal. Already got my day planned and as long as i stick with it I will be fine.

I an add week today. Work was crazy with Parent teacher conferences so a lot of eating out. I made good choices but still gained 2 1/2 pounds but got back on the scale this am and lose them again since i got back on track yesterday. I was a good lesson though because I realized I had to slow down and pay attention.

N- dont worry about others progress. I know it is hard when every one is losing more but remember 1 pound a week is 52 pounds a year. 2 questions for u. How old are u and how much do u excerise.

I will stop in later to tell you how turkey day went and share mine.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:38 AM   #43  

Well I hope everyone survived Turkey Day without many bumps. I did pretty good. 12 points for dinner including the lemon pie which was very good lil. The downfall was the reduced fat wheat thins with FF dip. I need to keep out of that. Everyone was impressed on my portion control. I came home and worked out right away. Over all I was happy with my day. Hope everyone enjoyed the true meeting of Thanksgiving
Old 11-26-2001, 03:21 PM   #44  

Angry Post Turkey Day Survivor

Well, I survived. The scale showed a 1 pound gain on Friday but I am pretty confident that it will be gone by next week. I did well on portion and choices but did not drink as much water as I should.

I have 3 full days of work meetings this week (starting tomorrow) with breakfast and lunch provided. I already found out who was catering so I can be prepared and improvise as needed. I am actually very proud of myself for thinking to do that. It is not something I would normally consider.

To answer comteachers previous questions:
I am 33 3/4 ( 34 in February) and I do not exercise enough.
I try to go the gym in the a.m. but I only have 30 minutes tops to get in a walk or light jog on the treadmill. Depending on my work schedule that might not happen. I might make it about 3 times a week. I am trying to find ways to fit it into the p.m., but it is hard. The gym is accross from my work.
I am VERY excited about a Bally's that is being built maybe 5 minutes from my front door to its front door. They are hoping to have it open the first part of January. I hope that is true. That will make it easier to go in the evening (during everyone elses TV time) as well as on the weekends.

On WW I am entitled to 18 pts. That seems like so few to me. I start adding up what I am planning for the day and they are gone in a heart beat. I am trying to restructure my thinking a little bit. I am trying not to think of how few points I am getting and begin to realize that 18 is the NORMAL amount I should be eating. It seems so small because I am used to eating so much.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and has a good week ahead.

Nica
Old 11-26-2001, 05:11 PM   #45  

You are on the right track planning ahead is the key. Do u consider buying a small treadmill for home. It cost as much as a gym membership than u can use it when u have time. Some are small so they dont take up a lot of space. I was eating 18 for a while too. I found tricks to stay around that. I am assuming 18 is the low end of the scale at least 2 or 3 times a week eat a few extra points towards the higher end that way your body doesnt protect the fat there is and metabolism doesnt slow down. Good Luck you will do it
Closed Thread