Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 06:27 PM   #46  

Default Thanksgiving check-in

Well, I survivied Thanksgiving fine. I just took smaller portions of everything. I chose pumpkin pie for dessert, but didn't hardly eat any of the crust. The hard part was staying with my parents for three days and the tendency to revert back to my old eating habits. I don't think I did too bad. My home scale (which I don't really trust) says I didn't gain any. I'll find out when I weigh in on Wednesday. I had some nice comments from my brother who I haven't seen since July. He was very impressed and was asking me about WW. Of course, he eats everything he wants and never gains weight, I think because he constantly fidgets. Oh well, who ever said life would be fair?

Nica, planning ahead has always been key for me too. I'm with Tracey in advising not to always eat the lowest points. Try to vary up and down or your metabolism will work against you. Plus, eating 18 every day is hard, and you don't want to get discouraged and give up. If your range is 18 - 23, and you eat 18 one day, you can bank 5 points for another day. Also, if you exercise, there will be even more points to use. As far as exercise goes, I just take the dog for a walk for a half hour as often as I can. All I have to do is walk out of my door, and don't have the drive to the gym. I do feel I should be some kind of weight training, but right now, that's all I have time for.

Tracey, I'm so glad the lemon pie was good. I think I'll have to try it. One thing I want to tell you; I went back to that board and someone posted a comment stating that they thought the points were wrong. The crust was figured as two points, but that is for one serving. The person said that the whole crust would be 15 or 16 points. So, while still low in points, it may not be as low as they said. Sorry if this messes up your journal!

Take care everybody! Here we go into the Christmas Season!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:45 PM   #47  

Default Weigh-in Report

Well, I'm ecstatic. I lost 2 pounds (this is over a 3 week period). I would have been happy if I'd maintained. I get nervous if I haven't been journaling every day and doing everything just right; that's just my personality. This really shows that this WW lifestyle is definitely doable for the long term.

I tried a new exercise video last night: Pilates with Denise Austin. It's a mat workout based on exercises developed for dancers to improve posture and make you leaner. It's divided into two 20 minute sections, the first part being "easy". Let me tell you, I only did the first 20 minutes, and some of the things I found difficult, but I think it must be good because my abs are sore today, and that's the section I really wanted to work on.

Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:39 AM   #48  

Lil Welcome back. You didnt mess me up. I calulated the points for the crust I bought and that was 2 points for a slice. I didnt use the choc chips so I counted it as 3 points per slice. Good job on the loss. I reach life time today. I already spoke to hte trainer about becoming a leader. It will happen shortly. Next goal is to stop smoking by New Years without gaining that is why I gave myself a 10 pound cushion. I figure if I can lose 70 pounds I can quit smoking. Have a nice day
Old 12-01-2001, 02:25 PM   #49  

Well, I had a .4 loss. Disappointed at first but realizing that it is the baby steps that all add up.

The weather was nice today so I got out and walked out about a 1/2 mile and jogged back. It felt good. I really need to begin to use some weights. I got out of the shower and my arms and back look really flabby. I actually did one of those double takes, like...did I really just see that.

I have some light weights and can do some routines while I watch tv. I also really do not like sit ups, but the truth is I guess I have to do them. That will be a big challenge.

I did great this past week with water and I am trying to keep it up at home. I tend to get busy and forget where at work I can keep a big jug right there and grab it as I want it.

My son has a December birthday so we are in the midst of planning a "dinosaur" party and Christmas things together. Tis the season.

Have a great week all!!

Nica
Old 12-03-2001, 04:18 PM   #50  

Congratulations Nica on losing that weight! Keep on going, and, as you say, it will add up. Sounds like you have some busy times with a birthday and Christmas coming. We have a big sit down Christmas dinner party for my husband's business on Saturday. Lots of hor dourves (I don't know how to spell that!) and temptations. I think I will try to bank a lot of points this week so I can enjoy some of the special food. I'm psyched; I bought a really pretty dress size 8 for it! What a difference from last year when I didn't feel very good about my weight. Though I can wear a size 8 dress, I still haven't reached my goal of fitting into 8 pants.

Last night we took the boys to the Nutcracker. It was great. Wednesday I'm taking my chorus on a field trip to perform at an art museum, next Wednesday is our concert. Wow! Everything at once! The good news is it will be a quiet Christmas; for once we're not going off to see family, though my parents will probably visit for a few days.

Congratulations Tracey on reaching Lifetime! What do you have to do for training to be a leader? I'll bet you'll learn a lot.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:05 AM   #51  

Ty Boy everyone is so busy. As far as training not sure. Training cant start until 3 people want to train so porbably after the holidays. I know it is 4 session but not sure what it intails. Good luck at the party just remember portions and u will be fine. Taste a bite sixe of what u want. I know I am wearing size 8 too never thought I would be in single digits again. Playing hooky today needed a mental health day. see u all later
Old 12-10-2001, 06:52 AM   #52  

Forget the Wendy Plan folks I found the perfect diet to get over the plateau. Catch the latest Flu bug. Pretty much just eat toast and fluids. (lol) I am kidding but I havent been feeling well. i am finally feeling better but I did step on the scale and was down a few pounds. I hope everyone is doing well. Is the Xmas shopping done? I have 2 more gifts to pick up.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:22 PM   #53  

Hi, Just a quick post. Had a great time at the party and felt fabulous in my new dress (and new weight!) I enjoyed the food, but didn't overdo it too much. Only, it seemed to get me started and I was tired Sunday and overdid the snacks. Got back on track today.

Still have a lot to do for Christmas. Some gifts are bought and wrapped, but I'm not even close to done. Problem is finding kid-free time to shop. Plus, hubby's b=day is Thursday and would like to get him another gift. He always gets overlooked on his birthday being so close to Christmas.

Hope you're feeling better, Tracey.
Old 12-13-2001, 07:03 AM   #54  

Thank you lil feeling better jsut a lot of heart burn now. I know doesnt feeling great showing off the new weight. I went to a meeting a saw former students I had not seen for a few years. I felt great. I decided I will weigh in today. I only have to weigh in once a month. I got the call about training. I start on the 27th. I will let you know.
Old 12-14-2001, 08:47 AM   #55  

Hi All!

Whew, it has been very busy. Looking forward to the 21st which is when vacation starts. Tracey, I'm sorry to here you caught the crud, but glad you are doing better. I girlfriend of mine had that flu last week and she said she lost about 8 pounds! Liquid yes, but she said the same. Couldn't eat anything and then could only tolerate very basics (jello, tea, toast) for many days. Yuck!!

Well, I am down to 173.4!! At first I thought the negatives, but then as I was getting dressed today I thought.....If someone asked me if I wanted to lose 30 pounds or 28 pounds I would definately say 28. So, I am closer to my goal.

This may sound silly but I have been reading a lot of diferent health and weight books and one said to sip hot water throughout the day. It seemed weird at first, but I enjoy it. It does 2 things for me....keeps me warmer (and I was forever chilled) and it curbs my appetite ALOT more then cold water.

So is everyone ready for the holidays? I have the office grab bags things to do and that is all. I'm looking forward to that being done too.

Have a great weekend!

Nica
Old 12-16-2001, 11:30 AM   #56  

Nica,

I like the way you are looking at this weigh loss. You have a very postive outlook. You are doing great keep up the great work. I have been feeling much better thank you all. Right now my biggest problem has been heart burn and the only thing that seems to help is carbs. The absorb the acid. Hope everyone has a great holiday. By the way, we use to have a lot more people in here wonder where everyone went
Old 12-23-2001, 06:19 PM   #57  

Hi,

Sorry it's been so long, but the Christmas rush has really struck. We had a party at our house last night, and it was a full week of getting ready for it. It was a big success, but I haven't been living the WW lifestyle very strictly recently. I've decided I'm back on tomorrow and will take one day at a time during this season. My mom, dad and brother are coming to visit after Christmas, but since I'm home and have control over things, I should be OK. I did weigh in last Wed. ( just couldn't stay for the meeting with so much to do) and maintained and was thrilled. I have missed going to the meetings this month. Most of our Christmas shopping is done, and much of the wrapping. Hubby and I will wrap more tonight after the kiddies are in bed.

Hope everyone is healthy. Hard to believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Have a wonderful, beautiful Christmas!
Old 12-25-2001, 10:14 AM   #58  

I hear you about things being crazy. Merry Christmas to all. Hope Santa brought u everything you wanted. I too havent really lived my WW these last two weeks but I have done better than I would have the last few years. I came out of it with a 1/2 pound gains which is nothing I can work that off in a day. See you all soon

Happy Holidays
Old 12-25-2001, 09:38 PM   #59  

Merry Christmas!

Yes, Tracey, you're right. Being "bad" now is nothing compared to what I used to do!! I'm so much more aware of what I'm putting into my body now. I even am more conscious of feeling thirsty when I don't drink all of my water, though I drink more now than I used to on a good day.

Christmas was wonderful; the first year in a long time it was just our immediate family for Christmas, no grandparents, aunts or uncles around. The kids were thrilled with their gifts, and really behaved well. My husband and I just do stocking stuffers; it takes the pressure off of having to buy the perfect gift for each other during the mad rush, and then we usually buy something big for both of us or the house. Last year, we bought this computer for example. I am planning on buying myself the GE grill; I have done some research and learned that it does everything the GF Grill does, is much cheaper, and can be cleaned in the dishwasher! I'll let you know how it works.
Old 12-26-2001, 07:26 PM   #60  

Default Would anyone like to join our group?

Hi Everybody,

I have noticed that our board gets a lot of views, but we're down to only two or three people writing. Wouldn't some others like to join us? I think the more people to support each other, the better. So....don't be shy; please join in.
Closed Thread