Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 11:02 PM   #61  
Susan

SNOW???? OH MY! That's hard to believe when you live here. Brrrrr!!!!!! Pat Pat Pat..... that's me patting you on the back.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #62  

SNOW????? NOOOooooooooooooooooooo......

Susan, your dad bruised his legs? What is wrong that there is that much swelling? I hope he is better, like right now. Bless his heart.

Tammy,
You can't possibly be effective with a group in a hallway. That would be the perfect time to for him to 'observe'. That is plain nuts. By the way, I don't have a passport either...and I have traveled to many places.

Alright, Tina's crackin the whip....going to the weigh in thread.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #63  

Susan, how is your dad? Hopefully improving.

It snowed today for about 5 minutes. It really was pretty. One of our high school exchange students (can't remember where she's from) had never seen snow before. It was so neat watching her outside running around in it.

Dee, I know the hallway is a terrible place to have these kids. Today my "classroom" was used for 2 (yes, that's two) preschool kids to take naps. Doesn't make much sense. Right now the superintendent of the district is making it very plain for all of us to see that the HS, MS, and preschool get preferential treatment over the elementary. Our kids are getting 15 minutes or less for lunch because the high school needs longer according to the supt.. I wish parents would start coming in to complain about their kids not having long enough to eat. I am so glad that I'll be retiring!!!

Tim had an interview at 5:30 today. He called afterwards and said that he felt that it went well. He should find out tomorrow if he gets the job or not.

My brother and SIL will be dropping Danny (8th grader) off about noon tomorrow. Sure wish this was a weekend for Tim to be home. Hope Danny brings plenty to keep him busy. On Sat. we are going to visit Tim, so that will be nice. Taking winter coat, long underwear, and anything else I can think of for him.

Jessica finally got the stitches out of her foot, and the limping is much, much less. Silly girl. Bet she is more careful the next time she tries to put a poster up in her room.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #64  
Thursday Lady

Snow! ( I couldn't find a snow smile. )
We've had rain all afternoon and evening. There's supposed to be a cold front here now. However, the high tomorrow will be 70. That's not much of a cold front, is it!

Susan, How is your father?

15 minutes for lunch is ridiculous! Tammy, I'm so glad you are not teaching and having to put up with that mess.

Everyone have a great Friday.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #65  

It is cold and the wind is awful today! I don't want to go outside, but I guess I should go to the grocery. My nephew is here, and he's a picky eater. Hope he doesn't starve before his parents pick him up on Sunday!!

Tina, even in the position that I'm in with the intervention/tutoring I have had to eat with a child in the room with me because of the stupid scheduling. I knew that I had to eat because of the meds, so I had to do it while I was working with her. That doesn't happen all the time though.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hope we hear from Tim soon about the job. I know how bad he wants it.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #66  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday 13th
What kind of job is Tim trying for?
David went to a new employment agency the other day. He said it looked promising. He's tired of waiting for something. He's had interviews but nothing. Well, he did get an offer but it was in another town, 50 miles away. The local office didn't have anything but there was something in another city. Needless to say, he turned it down. He wasn't that desparate.
Y'all keep your fingers crossed that something comes up soon.
Tammy, I'm keeping mine crossed for Tim.

It's a nice day. I actually had to wear slacks instead of shorts.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:56 PM   #67  
GoddessInclined

Default Would Jason Voorhees be available for plastic surgery?

Seriously...I've got about 2 extra inches of thigh and belly that will NEVER go away, and I hear he's pretty handy with a knife.

Dee....better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Okay, it's official. There is a girlfriend. But the word on the playground is....she's needy. And she hangs out with a girl (who is "dating" ::gack:: my son's best friend) who is of dubious background. Sorry, I know that sounds really snobby, but I remember all too well that girls mature MUCH faster than boys, and especially those from not-so-great home lives who seek love/affection in a physical way. Even worse, his last "girlfriend" was also needy. Help! My son is developing a pattern for needy, clingy women. AARRGHGHHGHGHAHG!!!!!!!! ::looking for smilie pulling hair out::

Goddess save me from TWELVE!!!!

Don't get me started on NKorea, either, but especially don't get me started on education stuff, like having to meet with a class in a friggin' hallway. In the meantime, let's keep bombing half the world at a gazillion dollars a day. Hey, our kids don't need an education, not really. That way, they'll be much easier to persuade that the government really does represent them and has their best interests in mind. Ooops....sorry...I got myself going. Friday the 13th seems a good day for a rant.

Missed meeting last week and this week. Stupid Thursdays keep filling up!!! Hopefully, next week I'll get in on time!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #68  
Susan

Howdy,
Hope everyone survived the 13th! I've never thought much about them... however this year it's been a day!!!

So here goes my rant..... My Daddy got put in the hospital (probably for 2 days to get the fluid off) it's just precautionary but still he is in the hospital. I asked if he wanted me to come down but he said "no". I told him he was a fraid "I would paint his toe nails and fix his hair like I did when I was a kid." He just laughed. Momma said he got a good kick out of it.

As for me, I had to take one of my cats (my Russian Blue) who is my favorite to the vet. She picked me when we got her!!! Anyways, her face has been swollen for a couple of days, she has a large tumor in her mouth. I said to the vet "it's cancer isn't it?" He pretty much agreed that it would be. She will have surgery on Monday. I can't lose her! The results will come back on Thursday.

I'm beginning to believe that I have done something very wrong in life with all that has gone on. I know I haven't but it sure is tough.

Other than that I'm pretty much tapped out today.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #69  
Susan

Oh does anyone know how many calories are equilvant to the points? I emailed WW but they said there wasn't one set caloric intake. I just wanted a ball park figure.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #70  
Thursday Lady

Susan, I am so sorry about your cat. Life just doesn't seem fair at all to us.
We will figure that the vet will get all the tumor and she will be fine. You and your kitty are in my thoughts and prayers. (You know that!)

Our weather is still beautiful.
Tammy, I don't want your weather. Brrrr....

How is everyone doing this weekend?

Old 10-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow, the time has just flown by-sorry I've taken so long to write, I do pop in here almost every day just to see how everyone's doing and to keep myself motivated. It's starting to get cold here now, fall is here which means winter's not too far away. But we thankfully we don't have snow yet. I haven't been doing too much lately just working and trying to not eat the wrong things. I'm managing to maintain my weight so I feel good about that. I haven't been able to do too much rollerblading because by the time I get home from my second job it's starting to get dark(about 7:30 PM). I am going to pick up a pair of ice skates though sometime this week I hope. I havn't been on a pair in years but I'm willing to try.
Tina and Tammy, tell your boys to come up to Alberta, we're crying for all the manpower we can get. It's just booming up here.
Susan, Tammy, Tina, Goddess, Amy everyone, have a super weekend and I promise to post more often

maureen
Old 10-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #72  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyone had a nice day. It was beautiful here. We went to see agility dogs this morning for a little while. The youth barn is about 2 miles down the road and that's where everything is. So we drove down there. I came home and took a nap because I had a headache. I think it was just stress. Then I went to exercise.

Pat told me he was proud of me for exercising. He even said I was doing a good job. I think he tought I would quit by now. but I'll show him.

Tina, I know your are there. That means a bunch to me. My kitty is so special to me... not that the others aren't but she is MY kitty. She sits with me everytime I sit down.... well you know the rest. I'll let you know how it goes on Monday. I pray that he can get it all.

Tammy, How are you feeling?

Maureen, it's so good to hear from you! I am in awe of you for roller blading and now ice skating!!!! I'd be in the hospital How cold is it up there now? Did we miss your Thanksgiving? We were talking about it at school and I thought about you.

I need to get some clothes out of the dryer but am in no hurry! I would have to move Oksana and I don't want to move her.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #73  

Susan, sorry to hear about your kitty. I am also sorry that you feel like you did something wrong, but you didn't. Unfortunately, you know that saying that when it rains, it pours? It is true. Hang in there.

I am working this weekend. I volunteered to work this week, and I don't know why. I am tired. Have so much housework to do, have appointments for the kids, kid's dance....

I suffer from IBS w/constipation, and low intestinal motility. I haven't exercised since I mowed the lawn. I HAVEN'T LOST ONE FREAKIN POUND. I am getting a treadmill wether DH likes it or not. I am tired of doing for everyone and not for myself. I have been so crabby lately that I have been short with the kids and just have that "Dh, I don't care, go away, leave me alone" attitude. I think if I could get somewhat organized, and have some time by myself to think....It would be better off for everyone. I need some exercise.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #74  
Thursday Lady

Dee, your mood sounds like I feel sometimes.
Shedding just a couple of pounds makes me feel great. I hope it does the same for you.
Hey, next time don't volunteer to work.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:25 PM   #75  

TIM GOT THE JOB!!! He will be what I call a night watchman. There are 4 doors into their dorm. From midnight until ???, they have someone at each door to check ID's and register guests. There are 2 shifts during the night. Tim will be at one of the doors. Another guy who has had the same job told him to take his laptop, any homework, and a couple cans of pop and he'd be fine. He is very excited. $6.75 an hour. He won't get rich, but it will be some spending money.

Tina, I hope David finds something soon! Our middle school principal drives an hour one way each day to get to school. I told him that he's crazy. He agreed. I think he's going to look for something closer to his home. I hate it because he's good. He hates to uproot the family though.

Jody, maybe we could get a 2 for 1 deal on getting rid of some inches!! Good luck with the new girlfriend. Oh my. No advice from me.

Susan, I say go paint your dad's toenails!! I'm so sorry about the cat! You have NOT done anything wrong to deserve all of the hurts that you have had to deal with. Get that thought out of your pretty little head young lady!!!!!!

I used to have it written down how many calories for the points range. Not sure where it is or if I even still have it. Our leader gave that to us years ago when the points first came out.

Maureen, great to hear from you!! Maybe Tim could come north after he graduates, but I'd rather him stay close to his ol' mom.

Dee, go for the treadmill!!!! My weight is staying steady (as in stuck!).

After going to school Wed. and Thurs., I was pretty pooed out. Napped off and on yesterday. Slept late today. After we got back from visiting with Tim, I napped. The visit was wonderful though. Danny (nephew) really enjoyed seeing Tim's room and his dorm. He also got a great deal at the bookstore. He bought a t-shirt and hat (Ball State) for $10!! They were marked 50% off. He had seen $20, but then saw the sign. He was one excited kid! I'll take him home in the morning on my way to church.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
They always go too fast though.
Closed Thread