Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #46  

UGHHH! I ate too much pizza! I'm feeling sooo gross! I tried to workout but I feel like a slug. I told myself get on and do 15 minutes if you still want to quit in 15 minutes you can. And I did. I was out and about all day and ate like junk, but I had the points I just have to be careful all weekend.

Marcie-Don't sweat the gain. Scales are often differnt and you are right it could be from eating out. Stay on plan and chug that water You have a couple days, weight can change quickly as we all know. You are doing great! No matter what your weigh in says this weekend you'c edone great and will continue to do so!

DH is recording my show for me. I hope it works, otehr wis ei am gonna kick myself for not just watching it. But I am going to bed. I actually fell alseep at my mom's house today LOL
Old 11-11-2005, 09:52 AM   #47  

Misty-Thank you so much for the pep talk...I was still up those 3 lbs this morning..I look because I don't want any surprises at weigh in ya know? I will just do my best today and we'll see what happens. I just exercise soooo much...I just feel like I should see more results than what I have...but that is ok...I won't give up..I refuse. I will win this battle this go around!! Thanks again Misty-I needed that! Sorry you ate too much pizza, but great job getting on the treadmill. Didn't you say in the past that you love the OC? I do to but have missed most of the season...I may have to pick it up in reruns at some point. I wish it came on at 8:00...I am just so busy in the evenings since I get home from working out at 6:45-7:00 or so.

TGIF!!!! Hope you all are having a great day...My goal is to just have a great OP day and brave the WI tomorrow! Lots of H20!!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #48  

Well, I did 15 minutes last night on the treadmill. Then I did 45 minutes of toning just now. So I am calling that 2 30 minute workouts and adding that to my workout count and $2 to my bank.

Marcie-I know what you mean about not wanting surprises. I weigh myself so much it's kind of a sickness. DH actually hid my scale the other day. It's really stressing me out. Maybe it's liek an ddiction I have to detox before teh cravings go away LOL. Still I think you are doing a superb job and you will reach your goal no matter what number you see on weighin day! I LOVE THE OC. I haven'tc hecked yet to see if burning it to dvd worked. I started watching while treadmilling and even that couldn't keep me on that thing. I knew DH tried to record it for me so I didn't finish watching it. Now I wish I had b/c it might not have worked LOL.

Well, I need to finish cleaning. I sorted all the toys in the play room. Boxed up all the baby toys and stuff my kids have out grown. Threw out anything that was broken or from McDonalds. Speaking of McDonalds we ate there yesterday and I had vegatble beef soup. And there was a bone in it! It was the size of a die and SHARP and POINTY!!! It was so gross!!! But thatw as part of what threw my points off so bad. I chose soup and a snack size parfait. But my kids didn't eat hardly any of thier fries so I did Then my mom's water tasted weird so I drank some root beer. Those two things alone cost me 10 points! But then at ate the pizza. I did choose thin and crispy with cheese and mushrooms from Pizza hut so it was only 4 points per slice. But if I hadn't have eten the fries and pop I would have been in such better shape. Oh well. I am still on track. Plus I've earned 14 AP's this week which is good for me!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #49  

Hey ladies! Great to see you posting again Maggie. I haven't been on for a few days. Crazy here we were without power for twelve hours and had my dads 75th birthday party. Didn't eat any cake or ice cream! I am walking my three miles everyday this so amazes me I can't tell you! I finally broke down and bought some new jeans didn't want to but went to a size twenty from 24 so I am pretty excited by that fact. Keep up with your challenges ladies we are all doing it! How exciting if we all lose over the holidays I know it will be a first for me! Thanks for all the encouragement we give each other here!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #50  

Luflic-New jeans deserves a and a plus a couple of WAY TO GO That is AWESOME!!!!!! Losing through the holidays...now there is a new concept for me!

You know, I would like to walk 3 1/2 miles. When I was a kid we did that EVERY night, rain, snow, blizzard, scortching sun LOL. As a family we could walk 3 1/2 miles in under 45 minutes. I want to do that again. With you walking three miles it inspires me to push myself a bit more to reach my 3 1/2 miles again. I ahve to build up to it though. 30 minutes is about all I have in me right now and I go about 3 mph. So with a quick warm up and cool down I am averaging 1.4 miles in 30 minutes.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #51  

Luflic...great job on the walking...AND WOOHOO on dropping 2 sizes in your jeans...way to go girl! I'd love to lose during the holidays..that is something to really concentrate on. I think I saw where you posted on the other board about being sorry about Applebees...its not closing everywhere just here. Wasn't sure if that was what you meant or not!

Misty-I too did a clean out over the weekend of my DD toys and stuff from McDonalds..uuggghh it adds up!! We had those silly toys everywhere. As for getting off track..I know how you feel... but sounds like you did fine..you had your flex pts and used em...move on..no worries girl! Hope the OC taped for ya!!

Well only 2 more hrs till the weekend..WOOHOO!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:30 AM   #52  
Closed

May I join you?? I like that fact that you are a 'busy' board....and lots of comradere
Old 11-13-2005, 08:33 AM   #53  

Hi there!!! It would be great to have you!!!! I think you will fidn alot of great support here. Please feel free to add your information to our intro thread at the top of the Slimmin Sistas forum, or jump into any of our conversations. It's usually pretty quiet here on the weekends but things will pick up again tomarrow. I can't wait to get to know you better!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:25 PM   #54  
Closed

I am so torn between both programs...anyone else have a hard time before finally deciding? And in the meantime I am 'off' waaayyyy off program.
Which program are most of you S.S's on?? How did you come to the conclusion you did??
Old 11-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #55  

For me Flex fits my life. I have a young family and a picky husband. He doesn't eat much of what's on the core list. So I do flex b/c it allows me to eat what my family eats, but I fill in with core foods (I get more bang fo rmy points so to speak) and make myself whole grain alternative to many of our dishes if it's convenient. Frankly, eating core is more expensive for me as fruits and veggies are not readily available in rural PA, nor are many whole grains. I am lucky to find bagged salad other than iceburg lettuce and even that is often brown and nasty. I have to request bread at the grocery store, also whole wheat pasta. I drive an hour to go to the store with whole grain tortillas and a wide selections of bread. With flex I can still eat my husband's beloved hamburger helper just in a smaller portion.

Also I did Winning Points and Flex in the past so it's a program I am familar with. I like that I have a set number. I eat to that number and then I am done. I don't feel comfortable trusting my fullness meter. But I don't like that many hard core core peole critisise flexers for not eating healthy. If you are following the program and meeting your 8 healthy guidlines, you tend to eat healthier. Also, most people I know eat the healthier foods b/c they are more satisfying and lower in points.

I honestly have not done core, but i did do a similar program last winter. I did well but it was expensive and hard for me to stick to.

Just my two cents.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:45 AM   #56  

Welcome to our board!!! Post often so we can get to know you! I too do flex pts...like Misty it just fits me better. I am a slow loser so I have only lost 11.6 since joining at the end of Aug. but that is ok with me. All of us are getting in some kind of exercise as we all think that is crucial to the program!! Good luck to you and I hope you get back on track soon! You can do it!!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:00 PM   #57  

It is wonderful to have you join us! On the week ends I don't generally post. So welcome.

I too am on flex points. Like the others I don't trust myself on core. I have a problem with portion control so points works well with me. I need a limit.

This is a great group of sistas and a support system I so appreciate! Thanks to all my sistas!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #58  

Thank you, luflic! You are such a great cheerleader and a great example!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #59  

Good example oh Misty did you catch my other post about off the wagon baaaad girlfriend
Old 11-15-2005, 08:14 AM   #60  

I caught it Luflic. But you didn't go on and on for a whole week like I would have LOL!!!!

I have my meeting tonight. I hope I can deposit a little something in my mason jar when I get home. I also hope I can move my little Santa a bit further down the lane. I want to see some kind of progress after slacking off for weeks and ruining my chances at reaching my 20 pound goal.

I may have to stop rewarding myself for working out or cut back on the amount. It really has been a great incentive though. I earned 22 AP's I think. I may workout today, at least do my ab set. I am getting better at it. I have these 10 minute solution DVD's and I really enjoy the Pilates for beginners and the toning one. Each one has five 10 minute workouts that you cna mix and match in any order to create a workout. They are cool. The toning lady is just a wee bit annoying though so I will probably just turn off her volume LOL. I've increased my incline on the treadmill, I can't pick up the speed a whole lot yet, but the incline should boost my workout a bit. I really wish I could get more time on it. But, I am finding that 2 or 3 30 minute sessions is possible a day.

Well have a fabulous day ladies!
Closed Thread