Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #31  
Thursday Lady

Wednesday

Susan and Mimi, y'all's houses sound very pretty. I grew up in a two-story brick house that was painted white. I have no idea why they did that. When we had to sell it, after Mother's stroke, the people sand blasted it and the brick are beautiful.
We have a wood house.
Homes in my little area run 300 & up, up, up. Very few are that cheap, too. We bought 17 years ago before everything went sky high.

Tammy, how is school going?
Amy, where are you girl?
Sis, what's up?????
I hope everyone is having decent weather. It's in the low 80's here today. Beautiful!!!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #32  

Susan, the house sounds pretty! I agree about having someone else do it for you. We've already decided that if we get the house, we will have someone come in to paint if we think it needs it. When we moved here, we did all of the painting. Never again.

It has still been cool this week. My classroom is so warm! My old one was freezing once it started cooling off. I'm in the old section of the building now. There is a 2nd story and I'm on the first floor. I'm sure that helps with the heating. My old room had a drop ceiling in it with no insulation above it! Brrr.

Tina, that cake sounds delicious!!!

Mimi, there has been a lot of building of homes in our area too. Many of them are over $200,000. The one that we are putting a bid on is about $160,000. That's more than I ever thought I'd pay for a house, but it really is worth that or more.

I have a bunch of boxes at school to bring home to pack some things up. We don't even know for sure if we will get the house, but we need to be sorting through things anyway. Spring cleaning in the fall.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #33  
Susan

Our house is nice. It's just a ranch style one story house. It has 3 rooms and a big family/kitchen and it's all open. We are pretty simple and wanted something practical.

It was a great day at school. My kids are so funny and keep me laughing!!!! There is never a dull moment....

Hope everyone had a great day. I was in bed at 9:30 last night. I'm not usually ready for bed then but I was sound asleep shortly after.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #34  

Howdy all,

Sorry that I have been a stranger. Girl scouts are taking every extra second of my time. Right now I am running our Fall nut sale as well as startig to do training of our leaders for the cookie sale that kicks off January 1. I am over 24 troops as well as running my own troop of 15 3rd grade Brownies that are starting to get ready to "Fly up" to juniors in the Spring.

Also, my husbands grandmother is coming for a week over Thanksgiving and we are in the middle of house remodels. I am painting the master bedroom and redesigning it. I am painting the walls sage green. Then we are in the process of picking out hardwood floors to be put down, as well as crown molding around the ceiling. (No Sue, Rob is NOT doing it)

At the same time, Rob is finishing up the wood flooring project he started months ago.

Needless to say I am going crazy!!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:05 PM   #35  
Thursday Lady

Amy, it's so nice to hear from you. You are one very, very busy girl.
Take care of yourself. It sounds like your house is going to be beautiful!

Old 10-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #36  

Susan, I had a pretty good week at school too other than being too warm. lol
Amy, you are way too busy!!!

We didn't put a bid on the house we liked. I think we are going to build and get what we want. We looked at house plans from 2 different builders last night. We looked at them individually. The three of us ended up liking the same house! What are the odds of that? We drove around and looked at some available lots today. This could be exciting!! Maybe it will make the school year go faster if I have something else on my mind.

Football game tonight. Band contest tomorrow. My nephews are here all weekend (7th grader and 8th grader).
Old 10-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #37  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday,

Tammy, that sounds wonderful, building your own house. Yes, you can get exactly what you want in it that way. I would love doing that, if I could.
Everyone look at the Weigh-In thread. Flower shared some big news with us.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #38  

Tammy; that sounds great, now you can get exactly what you want, I loved buying our house new, there is something very special about it.
Amy; no wonder we haven't heard from you lately, sounds like you are in a whirlwind.
Susan; it's great to have someone do the work, we got the trim outside painted in the summer, no ladders for this Fchick.
Tina; How is Smokey doing? I put Eddy in the tub and brush him like crazy and there is still hair everwhere. They are really putting the winter coat on now. I guess they do down there too, even though they don't need it. We are lucky to be able to take ours off, I would really have trouble keeping myself clean with my tongue too. (Sorry I am a bit crazy today )
Old 10-15-2005, 09:17 PM   #39  
Susan

HI,
Hope everyone has had a great weekend so far. Mine's been busy. I'd did the Race for the Cure with my girl friend that had cancer a few years ago. It was a 5K and we walked the entire way and on top of that had to walk to get there from the train. It was a bunch of fun. I have to lose weight, it would be so much easier if I was thinner.

Mimi, I'm with you on not going on a ladder (I'm way to klutzy)
Tammy, how was school this week? Any excitment?

Yes, Amy is way too busy and always takes on alot. She certainly doesn't get that from me....
Old 10-15-2005, 09:35 PM   #40  

Big news here. Well, it's big for us anyway. The band went to a contest today. They received 1st place in Class C (the smallest bands), the percussion received 1st place in Class C (Tim wanted to bring the trophy home and sleep with it since he is the percussion section leader.), AND they received Best General Effect for Classes B & C!!
They received a 1 rating which means they qualified for the State Marching Band Contest. Woo hoo!!!!

School was decent this week. My little stinker had an awesome week!!! Even the other kids in the class commented about it. Maybe this will be a turning point for him. I hope so. He's a smart little boy, but very ornery.

My nephews are bored here. I don't know what they expected. lol I had told them to bring stuff to do, but they didn't bring enough apparently. Oh well.

I am ready for bed, and it's only 9:35. Long day. Home late last night too because of the football game.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:35 PM   #41  

Congratulations Tammy (and Tim)
Old 10-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #42  
Susan

Way to go Tammy!!!! Tim is having a great senior year!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #43  

I hope everyone is doing well, its been quiet on here the last few days. Lots of fall colours around here lately. I love the cool mornings and the beautiful sunrises this time of year. I am going to have to put the sandals away until spring though, its a little cool on the tootsies.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:11 PM   #44  

Would you believe we have changed our minds again about the house? The one that we were going to bid on has come down in price. It is 5 years old. All of the window treatments stay, appliances stay, nice carpet.

We sat down and figured out how much it was going to cost for the one we wanted to build by the time we did the yard, driveway, sidewalk, carpet, etc. The one that is already built will be over $50,000 cheaper. We are meeting with the realtor again tomorrow, and I think we are putting an official bid on it.

I have to keep in mind that Tim will be leaving for college next year, and then he'll be on his own. We don't need a super big place for the two of us. We did go furniture shopping tonight. What we have is old (from 1983 and 1991). Thought we could get some new furniture for the living room and dining room.

It has been cool here in the mornings, but has been warm in the afternoons. One of the teachers wore sandals on Monday. She hunted in her locker at school and found a pair of socks to put on. Her tootsies were a bit nippy!!!

Picked up Tim's Senior proofs last night. Oh my! They are all so good. I don't know how we'll make a decision. I told Bob that I want to buy all of the proofs, so we'll have at least one copy of each one. He agreed with me. Hooray!!!!

I need to go to bed. Very tired. I seriously thought about calling in in the morning, but then I remembered that we have an in-service meeting before school. I want to get that over with. Maybe Thursday I could stay home and get some sleep. Friday night is Senior Night at the football game. We get to walk across the field with Tim while they read things about him (activities, future plans, etc.)

Hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe tomorrow is only Wednesday!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:54 PM   #45  
Susan

Howdy,

It has been quiet here lately. Well you never really put away the sandals in this part of Texas. I think I only will stop wearing them for a few weeks. I love them and if I'm not wearing them then I'm bare foot. I even take off my shoes at school. My kids laugh......

I'm done pretty good with my food until today. I received a bill for Seamus yesterday. It's one that I had called and called on and they said it was all taken care of. It just reopened wounds. When I called them and complained they said they would take care of it. My heart felt like it was ripped out again. Food was a comfort..... I wish I had kept control of my food.

Tammy, I hope you get the house. I know you are excited about it. Keep us posted. Also, I can only imagine that Tim's pictures were all wonderful.

Mimi, now keep those little toes warm!!!!
Closed Thread