Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:05 PM   #16  

You won't believe the latest. Today at recess, one of the 5th grade boys (a big boy) picked up one of my boys (a little scrawny kid), turned him upside down and dropped him. One of the teachers on duty saw it happen. She said my boy was innocent. Well, both boys were called to the office. They both have to owe 2 recesses for the principal. The one who turned Alex upside down and dropped him gets the same punishment! I can't believe it. Alex's mom called, I told her what happened and who the other teacher was. She is going to call her, then she said she's coming to school tomorrow. She has about had it with her boys getting picked on by bigger kids all the time. Guess what? She has a vote NO for the levy sign in her yard too. Coincidence?

275 more days. lol We only have 4 days next week. Teacher's meetings on Friday, but we already put in a day before school started to take the place of that one. I plan to sleep in. (of course!)
Old 10-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #17  
Thursday Lady

My goodness, Tammy---
I wish you didn't have to wait another 275 days. Grrrr.....
At least someone else saw it happen. That principal should be disbarred.....uh, I mean fired.
Your boy didn't do anything!!!!!
Can I come up and take care of that school?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #18  
Susan

Oh my gosh!!! That poor boy!!! I would be so mad too if I was his mom. the prinicpal should be fired is an understatement.

We went to the fair today! It was fun. we saw pig races which was so funny.

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. Yuck!! Then I'm off to San Antonio for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last edited by auntie; 10-06-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #19  

It is our thanksgiving this weekend. So I will say to you all.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
I am working the whole weekend though.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:08 PM   #20  

I want lots of people to come up and take care of this place. It's really getting out of control. We have almost 250 kids at recess at the same time. There isn't that much room to roam, so naturally kids are getting into trouble. The administration doesn't think that it is a problem.

Susan, pig races are so funny!! Have you ever seen duck races? I usually can't stop laughing.

One of the other elementary teachers lost it yesterday morning before school. Another teacher was talking to her about trying to figure out something with the recess problems. Nothing bad. Well, the first teacher started screaming and yelling, threw all of her books and papers on the floor, was crying and down on the floor sobbing. She kept saying " I can't take anymore!". The superintendent was walking down the hall and saw the whole thing. I'm glad that he saw it. He knows how upset everyone is. I know he doesn't care, but maybe somewhere deep inside him he is realizing that they really screwed up.

Tonight is the homecoming dance at the high school. Tim, Jessica, and another couple were going out to eat. Texas Roadhouse!! Yummy!! Tim said he would rather just go out to eat and to a movie instead of the dance. Usually lots of the kids request rap music, and he doesn't like that. Can't say that I blame him on that one!!

We went through a house today for the 2nd time. We talk to the bank on Monday. We're not in a rush to move, but this one came up for sale and we had our eyes on it for a few years. Very nice!! It's in an area where you pay a monthly fee and all of the outside maintenance is done for you. With the fibro. and arthritis, I haven't been able to help out as much outside. The house is all on one floor, which sounds wonderful. Tim went with us today. He said the living and dining area were too open for him, but he'll be leaving next August for college anyway. He said Bob and I have to make a decision for what will be good for us in retirement.

Need to go grade some papers. What else is new?
Old 10-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thanksgiving to Mimi!!!!!!

Susan, I hope you got a good report at the doctor's. Enjoy your trip to SA. I've never seen pig or duck races. Sounds strange!

Tammy, a house without yardwork is what Larry wants. Really, we both would like a condo.

I haven't been online that much. I have something like a pinched nerve in my back that acts up once in a blue moon. It's a blue moon.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #22  

Tina; bend over and I will give you a back rub, hmmdadadahmmhmmwhistlewhileyou workrubrubkneadrubsliderubkneadkneadpatpat........ .........there fell better?
Tammy; it sounds like it is going crazy down there, and I thought we had it bad you teachers all deserve a hero reward for putting up with it. That condo sounds great, I have looked at a few too, its nice to have the look without the work. Would you like a back rub too?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #23  

Mimi, I forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving! And I was going to say boo hiss on working!!

A back rub sounds nice! Come on down!!!

Bob is going to the bank tomorrow when he gets off work to ask some questions about the house.
On the cul-de-sac, there are 5 doubles and 2 singles. They all belong to the association. From what we saw yesterday, we would be the young kids on the block. lol Bob is 58, and I'm 50, Tim is 17. It has 2 nice bedrooms, 2 bath, living/dining comination, kitchen, laundry room with a pantry and closet, Florida room, and an enclosed porch. The porch is one of my favorite parts of the house. My glider would be perfect there. Bob said that if this doesn't go through, there are some lots near there and we could build. He said we could hire someone to do the outside stuff for us if we decided to.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #24  
Susan

Hi,

Happy Thanksgiving, Mimi!!!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

My trip home was good. It was quick and went too fast. Mom and Dad are doing good. It was good to see them with my own eyes!

My doctor's report was pretty good. I was down 8 pounds since March. She also wants me to see an opthalmolgoist about my drooping eye lid and an ENT about my allergies and sinus infections (and snoring). She spent an hour with me, she always spends a long time but wanted to make sure I was doing well emotionally too.

Tina, Sorry about your back! It sounds painful!!!

Tammy, I can't believe the superintendent didn't inquire about the teacher. It's a shame!

Mimi, did you have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Mimi, thank you for the back rub. It was just perfect......
Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday,
I hope everyone is having a good one. It's raining here and it feels colder than it really is. Of course, I am not complaining. I'd rather have this than 100 degree heat. I think our fall is finally here. Maybe this rain will do it for the month. We used to have our first cold spell and rain on Halloween night. That was horrible because kids had to wear coats over their costumes.

We are going to take a little trip - very soon. I've got to get into high gear. I ate way too much yesterday. We sat at the TV for almost 6 hours, watching our Houston Astros beat the Atlanta Braves. Larry went out and bought a one-layer chocolate cake. Larry, David and I sat there and ate the whole thing! Needless to say, I have no points for today.

Tammy, are you cold?
Sis, how's your weather.
Susan, I'm so glad you had a good time at your parents'.
Maureen, you've been too quiet.
Mimi, thanks again for the back rub. It feels much better now--really it does.
Some of our members have been very quiet---you know who you are! Please post, soon!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #27  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyone has had a good day. Nothing exciting here....... It has been pretty quiet here lately. What is everyone doing?

Tina, please share the rain with us. They keep saying rain is in the forecast but it never does. It's been in the high 70's and 80's. How is your back?

Tammy, how is school?

Mimi, I loved Tina's back rub!!!

We had our house painted last week. It's a dark blue and turned out real nice.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Susan, my back is so much better. I've been babying it and taking Advil. I swear by that stuff. It always helps.
No rain today but it was cool. The sun came out a few times.

I was sooooooo good with my points today. Yea for me!

How is everyone doing? Was it a tiring Monday? Did everyone stay OP and drink that water? I think I just got 2 glasses down. Ooops! I'll do better tomorrow.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #29  

Susan; that paint colour sounds great. Is it wood sidding or stucco or ? White Trim?
My home is light grey brick with white trim. I really want to add a slash of colour in the spring.
Tina; I am glad your back is feeling better, that has got to be one of the most miserable things to have, sometimes it even hurts to breathe.
Tammy; That new subdivion sounds great. Real Estate has gone up about 25% in the last few years around here. Is it booming where you are too? A new home like you are describing would be about 225+ thousand around here. Very little under 100. I feel sorry for the young people it must look like a mountain to them.
Where are the rest of our ladies? I hope they haven't gotten discouraged and given up I know we all have been there at one time (or hundreds of times) or another.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #30  
Susan

Mimi,
Our house is white brick but the trim is wood along with our dormers and porches. It wasn't a lot to do but it was better to have someone do it and not us.
Closed Thread