Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #61  

I want to see if I can put a picture of my family up.
This is at Christmas last year.
Terri
Old 08-16-2005, 05:31 PM   #62  

I made a mistake
Old 08-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #63  
Queen of the Fresh Start

C'mon, Terri, now you're teasing us! Can't wait to see the photo of your family. The kids have grown so much since we "met".

Due to getting out of work late today, I didn't make my meeting. Now I don't want to attend any other leader's meeting other than my own...which means that I'll go on Saturday morning. Thank goodness she does more than one day at the center! for my 20 lb. mark. I should make it.

Dianne,
how was Willie's party?

Hope all is well with everyone,
~Jen
Old 08-16-2005, 08:07 PM   #64  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hello my friends

Terri, I hope we can get to see the picture. Please please please try.

Jen, your WI day is Tuesday? I would like to go Saturdays but then I have to get up too early on my day off. Have you tried the WW carrot cake? OMG it is so good!

Dianne, we're dying to hear about Willie's bash. Stop in & let us know how it went.

I will be back manana.

Luv u's,
Es
Old 08-20-2005, 08:20 AM   #65  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Where are all my friends?

The weekend is here & I'm planning to focus on WW & start some light workouts. I'm going to plan a weeks menu. It's getting harder doing it day by day. Planning ahead should work.

Jen, hope your weigh in goes well.

Terri, let's see the picture. I don't know how to do that. I am not a computer savvy person.

I went to the Dr. yesterday. He said it'll take another 8 weeks for my wrist to heal. It's still swollen but he said that's normal. He also suggested putting vitamin e right on the scar.

Just wanted to stop in & say hi. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 08-20-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:33 AM   #66  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Today was a huge milestone for me.....I reached my 10% !
And my 25 pound magnet at the same time!
I knew I'd have a loss, but was very happy to have it be 6.8 pounds, which brought me to both of those milestones.
Yep...I'm embarrassed to say I began at 251 pounds but am tickled pink to say I'm now at 225.
So...the journey continues; right now I feel I can do anything! My goal is to reach "onderland" by Thanksgiving. I haven't been under 200 pounds since 2000.

Es,
The only way I can lose is to plan, you are so right. If I don't do that, and journal, I don't lose. Good luck!

HI to everyone!
~Jen
(who is on )
Old 08-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #67  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello my buds!

Been rushing around today, have a wedding to go to tonight and some things to get done before that. I just got in from WW and can you believe, I lost 3 lbs AGAIN this week!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm shocked!! That's 2 weeks in a row that I lost 3lbs. Amazing. I also got my 25 lb magnet today. Like Jen, I'm walking on Oh, and now I have to go down in my points allowance by 2. Kinda sad and happy at the same time.

Jen ~ Way to go!!!!!!! You are doing so great. Keep up the good work. I was so shocked today cuz I figured that, if I stayed on track, I'd probably get my 25 lb magnet next week.....so when I got it today, I was floored. Feels great, doesn't it??

Es ~ Sorry that it's going to take that many more weeks but I hope that you're feeling ok. And I'm rooting for ya on the weekly planning. I do that. Most of the time, I just try to eat only half of my daily points before dinner. Whatever I have during my work day, I make sure that I have half left for dinner. This allows me to have a nice dinner and a snack later. There are times, like on Friday or Saturday nights, I use 3 or 4 points for a glass of wine. It's never a problem since I have so many points left by dinner time. Good luck, we know you can do it!

Dianne ~ come chat with us about the birthday bash. Can't wait to hear about it.

Terri ~ how's that photo coming along?

Hi to everyone. Gotta run, wrap a gift, finish a card and picture frame. Have a wonderful weekend you's guys.

Me <><
(only 24 lbs to go till goal!!)
Old 08-21-2005, 07:32 AM   #68  
NeverGiveUp

Thumbs up

Jen & Zoe!!!!!!!!!!! You go girls! Woohoo! Please share some tips. Since I'm having such a hard time I need to hear what motivates you & your menus. I would love to lose 10 lbs. before I go to Florida.

Jen, you once said you eat pretty much the same thing everyday. Like what? I blow it every evening.

Zoe, how tall are you? I'm up to 200 & my goal is 150. It's funny cause no matter how much I struggle I won't give up.

Dianne is everything okay?

Hi Terri & Britt

Luv u's!
Es
Old 08-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #69  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
I make sure I have a treat every evening..ff pudding, 2 Oreos, or a 2 point ice cream treat. I will never go without my dessert!
We've been having chicken quite often, as I don't eat seafood, well, except shrimp, which is awesome (and quick!) on the grill. I'm happy with a small grilled burger, or a small Italian beef sandwich....then I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. For me, it's all about portion control. I'm learning to drink water or fill up with veggies instead of huge or second helpings of favorite foods. Plus...I'm not getting any younger...don't need to eat like a horse!
Lots of veggies, yogurt, water. I usually have a Lean Cuisine or WW Smart Ones for lunch. It's easy and portion controlled.

It's amazing, isn't it, how long it takes for our bodies to fully recover from a surgery? I know it can be frustrating. When I had the surgery on my foot, my dr. said it could be swollen for a year! Hang in there, it will be better.

HI to everyone.

~Jen
Old 08-21-2005, 04:32 PM   #70  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe!!!!! Awesome job!
And...having to go down to the next point range is actually a good thing when you think about it. Means you're smaller and need less!
I realized today that after I lose the next pound, I'll be changing also.
I'm very happy for your success...keep it up!
~Jen
Old 08-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #71  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Es, I think the trick is in how you think about it. I mean, I've been in the "struggle" stage many times but then, I've been in the "doin' great" stage often too. I know this doesn't sound very positive but for me, struggling through the first 3 or 4 weeks puts me in the "doin' great" state like I'm in now. Like Jen, I ALWAYS save points for dessert. Many nights I have one of those 1 pt WW giant fudge bars. I leave it out to soften, take the stick out and put 2 or 3 tablespoons of fat free cool whip in it and mix/whip it up. It takes like a rich chocolate mousse for only 2 pts. Now that I can only have 22 pts, it may not happen as often but sometimes, when I have 5 pts left at night, I'll have 1 packet of swoops. Do you know what they are? Chocolate in the shape of a potato chip. There are 5 in a carton and they are 1 pt each. I eat them/suck on them sloooooooowly. Now that I only have 22 pts, we'll see how often I get to have that. Like I said before, my main target is to have half my points left when dinner time comes. Until this week, that was having 12 for breakfast, lunch and snack and the other 12 for dinner and dessert. Now it's 11. Gee, saying it like that doesn't sound so bad, huh? Good luck, you can do it. If you want to know some of my menu's, just ask. Oh, and I'm 5'7". I started at 200. I was 199.8 when I started (this time ) When I'm 150, I wear a size 10 ~ some 8's but mostly 10. Right now, I'm 174 and wear mostly 12's, a few 14's still. How tall are you?

Jen ~ I'll get you'll be changing your point range on your next weigh day. It's exciting, isn't it...... How tall are you? Do you have a goal weight yet?

Hi to the rest of you's...

Me <><

Last edited by Zoe; 08-21-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #72  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
My regular leader was on vacation Saturday when I reached my 10%...so I think this week we'll set my goal weight. I'm 5'5", and I think I read that my range is 120 to 150.
You're right, it is exciting! Having a loss is sooo motivating...I'm beginning to understand just a teensy bit the phrase "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"...mind you, I've a long way to go, but have already had some major victories over food cravings by thinking about how much better I feel at this lower weight.

Have to run to work...have a great day, everyone!
~Jen
Old 08-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #73  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Jen, thanks for the tips. Every little bit helps. Carrying all this weight around feels very uncomfortable. I really can't take it anymore. I know you're on

Zoe, at least there were a few times you were successful. I never was. Now it's more about health for me than looking good. You're doing great. BTW I'm 5' 2". I tried those big fudge bars but they were from Skinny Cows. Very satisfying for 2 pts. I've been dying to try the swoops but I'm afraid I'll like them too much. Thanks for your support & ideas. I couldn't do it without you all.

Have a nice evening everybody

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 08-22-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:59 AM   #74  

Hi Buddies,

Sorry to go missing so much. Greg had all 4 of his wisdom teeth out last week and I was job interviewing and working too. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately, but things are calming down again.

Jen and Zoe, the two of you are doing so great, I love to see your posts, they are positively inspiring.

I am gradually feeling my click come back. I still am staying in the same 2 lb up and down range, so I still have 52 lbs to lose. I am like you Es, barely 5'3" which I will claim so that I don't have to go below 140. The past few days I have been choosing more of the core foods again. With Mike at home and insisting on helping with the shopping, we are having some foods that I do not usually keep in the house. He is so sweet I can't quite figure out how to handle it yet.

Dianne, we miss you and want to hear about Willie's big bash, hope all is well

Terri, I would love to see that pic of your family.

Hi to all the other MIA's like me, we can comeback!

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 08-23-2005, 12:10 PM   #75  

Hi Guys,
It says the picture is too big to post. That makes me sad.
Bruce sent all of our digital pics to the pc. They were on his mac.
I want to send it bit don't know what to do.

CONGRATS to Jen and Zoe. 25 pounds. Woo Hoo!!!!
That is really great! Keep it up. Never get discouraged.

Es,
I am sorry it will take a little longer. By Christmas it will be a distant memory. I hope.

Sandy,
I hope Greg feels better. That sounds so painful. Neither Brice nor I ever got our Wisdom teeth. Good luck on the job hunt.

I hope everyone is doing well. My mom is coming along. She is getting movement, even in her fingers. They say they are the last to come back.
Shje doesn't like to think about becoming dependent after all these years. She is working hard. That would be so hard to feel out of control.
Britts started school this week. So today she works from 9:00-4:00 and goes to school from 4:30- 9:45. There is a 1.5 hr. break in between classes. Thursday we are going to go see Brooks and Dunn and Big and Rich. They play "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy." We love them.

TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread