Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #76  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hello my buddies! Sorry I've been MIA, but things have been hectic.

Willie's party was great, we all had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, I must have already been getting sick that night, as I didn't eat a thing at the party and all I did was drink water all night. I chalked that up to being hostess and too busy to eat, etc., but the next day I was sick. I had off until this past Thursday but was so sick I couldn't return to work. I went to the doctor and found out I have pharengitis (infection - throat) and rhinitis (kind of like sinusitis). Anyway, I've been taking antibiotics and today's my first day back at work, although I still feel lousy. But, the party went really well, lots of dancing and speech making. For once, all of our kids were at the same place at the same time and so we got a nice photo of them with willie. Being so busy, though, I forgot entirely that I wanted to take a picture of him, me, all the kids and grandkids, oh well.

My son Steven came in from Florida and he picked up his kids and they spent most of the week with us and even though I wasn't feeling well I went on outings with them. We went bowling, to an amusement park and on Wednesday night Steven took us all out to a nice restaurant. He took them back to Philly and left for Florida on Thursday.

Jen and ZoeGirl - WOW!! You guys are doing amazing, big congrats on the 25 lbs. and 10% that is so wonderful Jen, it seems like it wasn't so long ago when you were really down about the weight and your problems with your knees and look at you now! I'm so thrilled for both of you!!!

Es, amiga (you hot tomato you, ) - I hope the swelling goes down sooner then the doctor predicted. I give congrats to you too, no matter what you face, you never quit! That's a major accomplishment and one you should be proud of. You will do this, mi amiga!

Sandy, sorry to hear about Greg's tooth, sounds painful. Have your son's started High School/College yet? How is your mom doing?

Terri - I wish we were able to see that photo. Britts sounds like she has a rough schedule with work and school so late. Please give her my congrats on starting college. Alana starts Grad School next Monday - I can't believe I'm saying that Her school is like 3 blocks from the house - how is that? She still has to drive though, cause there are so many buildings on campus so her classes will be far apart from each other. I'm so proud of her!

Well, as far as the weight loss is going for me - it isn't. But once I'm feeling better, I will get back on track. I know how to do this and certainly have done it before - I can do it again, I have no doubt. Okay........... here it comes........ get ready for it............ "life gets in the way sometimes" and it has been in my way for a few weeks now

Okay, gotta get back to work - so good to come back in and chat with you guys. Will talk to you's soon.

Hi to everyone I haven't mentioned. I'm not sure who all is still with us.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/135/145/.png

Last edited by dpadro; 08-24-2005 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #77  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Glad to hear that Willie's party was a success. How nice to have everyone together! Kudos to Alana for going to grad school...what is she studying, I've forgotten? You really had a fun-filled vist with your son. Hope you're feeling better after being ill.

Terri,
Can you go back on the picture and resize it smaller? That usually works for me. Britts really has a full day, with work and school! Good for her, it builds character...not that she needs it, but my Joey did the same thing, and it worked out well. Do you still use Netflix? We just subscribed and I love it! So easy and we always have a movie to watch when there's junk on tv. Hope you have fun tonight.

Es,
Hang in there. It will happen, I believe that. None of us are ever out of the woods, we all struggle every day.

I've had a good week so far...but snuck a peek at the scale this a.m. and it showed a 2 lb. gain. I'm not doing that again! Will wait to see what Saturday brings.

HI to everyone
~Jen

Old 08-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #78  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi

Jen, about the scale, I did that all the time & when I saw a gain I wouldn't go. Silly right? Are you doing online too?

Mi Amiga, sorry you weren't feeling well. That must be going around. 2 of my coworkers had something like what you had. Is it contagious? Glad to hear Willie's party was a turnout.

Terri, I am so proud of Britt. But, she must be so tired. I hope someday we can see those pictures. I wouldn't know how to do it either.

I don't have plans for this weekend. Labor Day weekend I'll probably stay home. I'll barbecue if the weather is nice.

How about that hurricane Katrina! I have to call my nephew & see if they got some of it. He lives in Orlando.

I hope everybody is enjoying the weekend.

Love you guys
Es
Old 08-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #79  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs up

Well, I did, in fact, have a gain this week: .8 pounds.
I will have to pay more attention to my sodium, and I didn't eat a variety of veggies and fruits. On the plus side...went shopping today and tried on some clothes. I was able to fit into a 20, which is 2 sizes smaller than what I've been wearing!
That was a major motivator, since I've been so disgusted with the way I look lately.
Sooo, since I felt so good, I bought two pairs of capris and a shirt It was all on clearance, too, so I didn't spend alot of $$ on things that will be good for only one season!

Es,
I cannot give up this time, it's my last chance. If I don't lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle now, I hate to think what will happen.
There will be times when "life gets in the way" (@ DIANNE) but for the most part, it is becoming less difficult. I realize now that I was using too many excuses/event/occasions to go overboard. I can still enjoy myself without overindulging.
Today's meeting was about attempting something that you once thought to be impossible. After working at it, it becomes difficult, and you're making progress. It was a good meeting. And no, I'm not doing online. I figure WW gets enough of my $ every week as it is!

to Terri, Dianne, Zoe, Sandy, Ruth, LeeAnn, LJ

~Jen
Old 08-28-2005, 07:28 AM   #80  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up

Jen WTG!!!! 2 sizes!! That is awesome girl! I'm up to a size 18 & I have to get down to at least 12 but would love to be a 10. Have you seen the new WW commercial? Everybody is talking about it. I haven't seen it yet. Whatever you're doing keep doing.

Talked to the Dr. the other day & he wants me to go for pain management. I'll see. I have to look it up to see what it is.

My sister is treating us to the chinese buffet. She goes twice a week & she's thin! I don't want to go but I feel bad saying no. I'll make good choices.

Have a great day my friends;wave:
Es
Old 08-30-2005, 06:21 AM   #81  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Exclamation Last post

See you on #175!!!
Closed Thread