Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 09:20 PM   #46  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I know what you mean..living with bated breath hoping something doesn't happen. Happy Anniversary to you and Bruce
Can't believe your kids are going back to school already! Hope they have a good year. I took the boys out on Sunday and bought them their shoes and backpacks.
Sweet Tomatoes is a chain, I think. It's a HUGE salad bar of mostly veggies! not the premade salads with tons of mayo. Every veggie you can imagine.. plus there's a pasta bar soup bar, bread bar, dessert station...Jess suggested it cause the boys eat really well when they go there. It was fun, Joey and Ili joined us also.
Hope your Mom sees the plus side of rehab and gets to feeling more positive about it all. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

My sister is ok. She's got Stage III infiltrating ductal carcinoma. I've been researching as much as I can to get a better understanding of it all. She is preparing to begin chemo now that the scan is done. It showed no cancer anywhere else, which is good.

I've realized how much of an emotional eater I am...after all these years!
The last two weeks (I didn't weigh in last week ) I kind of had a "scr*w it" attitude...and ate everything I saw.....which resulted in a gain today of 1.2 pounds. But that's ok, cause I knew it was coming, and actually thought it would be more of a gain.

So...I'm back on program, 100%. After all, I've got so much to look forward to...primarily Joey's wedding in May.....have to get out of plus sizes! Wish me luck.

HI HI HI HI TO ES, SANDY, DIANNE, ZOE, RUTH, LEEANN, LJ, MSCAT

~Jen

Old 08-05-2005, 07:00 PM   #47  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hello my friends, remember me

I'm doing much better. I've been working later & harder since we're short staffed so by the time I get home I'm pooped.

Jen, I've always been an emotional eater. Doesn't matter if I'm happy or sad. I'm glad to hear your sister is okay. Hearing the word "cancer" is scary. My prayers go out to you & your family. I wish we had a Sweet Tomatoes. I never heard of it till now.

Terri, Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's that time already(school). Time sure does fly. Soon we'll be talking about the holidays. Hope Mom is feeling better.

Zoe, congrats on your loss

Sandy, woohoo I bet you look like a hottie in those white pants.

Amiga, Willie turning 60 is just a number. His birthday sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! That's so cool renting a place. You are going to party harty

Well, I just stopped in to let you know I'm alive & well. I'll stop in daily.

Love you guys,
Es
Old 08-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #48  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi there y'all ~

Just got home from WW and a haircut. We have a semi formal function to go to tonight. I really don't want to go but then, I always feel that way BEFORE. It's the getting ready and getting out the door that I hate I guess. It's not a sit down dinner ~ just appy's being walked around, a carving station and deserts. Oh great!! desserts!!! Anway, that's out night planned.

I lost another 1.5 lbs today at weigh in. That makes me at 19.3 and yippee, I got my 10% keychain!! Finally!! At least I did it and didn't go the other way. so, only another 30 lbs and I'm good.

Can't stay but just know that my thoughts and prayers are will all of you and your families. Hope the sick are healed and the sad are made new. Talk to you's soon.

Love ya,
Me <><
Old 08-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #49  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
Whooo hooo! Good going on reaching your 10% that's awesome

Hope everyone is enjoying these dog days of summer. It's been beautiful here...sunny and upper 80's.

~Jen
Old 08-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #50  
NeverGiveUp

Thumbs up

Hi Girls,

Zoe, I'm so proud of you. Are you on Core or Flex?

Jen, I hope you're enjoying the pool.

I'm off program but what else is new. I hope by reading all the posts something will click.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Es
Old 08-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #51  

Zope,
Great job on the 10%.

Hope the dinner was fun.

Jen,
Yes, I hope you are loving the pool. This summer is going so fast.
The kids had their first day today. Bradley likes it so far.
You will look lovely at Joey's wedding. You can do it!!!!!

Es,
Good luck! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!

My mom had an infection in her blood. That is why she felt so bad.
They are clearing that now.
Well, off to exercise.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 08-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #52  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I'm doing the happy dance! Posted a 2.8 lb. loss at today's meeting. It seems I have a good week/not so good week routine going on here. That's ok. Only have .8 to go to reach the 20 pound mark. Oh, how I wish I would have done this at a much younger age, when it came off more quickly. But...no regrets, right?

Terri,
At least they know what to do for your Mom now. Good wishes and thoughts for her improvement.
Hope the kids have a great school year! Good luck to them all.

Es,
How is your hand? I've been wondering, how is your brother's gym going? And are you still exercising? I have always admired how you made the effort and just did it! This couch potato hasn't changed much; I know I've got to begin some type of exercise.

I've got to tell you all how proud I am of my sister-in-law. She has reached the 50 pound mark! I am in awe of how focused she is....exercising and really sticking with it. She works very hard at it, and it's paying off for her.

HI to everyone.
~Jenny
Old 08-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #53  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

Way to go Jen You seem so motivated. I haven't exercised in a while. I'm going back to Curves in Sept. It's on hold because of my wrist. My brother's doing very well. How's your sister doing?

Terri, How's your Mom?

My phone keeps ringing. I'll be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 08-10-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #54  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Duh, of course your wrist would keep you from exercising...I didn't think that through!
Kathie had surgery today: the port for administering chemo was implanted in her chest and she had her first chemo treatment. She's resting at home, but in a lot of pain from the implant. Please keep her in your prayers.

Hi to all
~Jen
Old 08-11-2005, 07:33 AM   #55  

Hi My Buddies

I am doing the happy dance too for Zoe and Jen to celebrate your successes this week at WW. Keep up the great work!

Es, Let's start together again, I bet Dianne will be ready too soon after Willie's birthday bash.

I seem to have lost my click for the time being, but I am trying to be as conscientious as I can. I hope to get it back together once I get back into more of a routine. Mike has been home full time since his layoff which is now 3 weeks. I am telling myself it is practice for his eventual retirement, someday... In the meantime I feel kind of disrupted. I am still doing projects for my client and waiting for an interview about going full time as a permanent employee. We have to take Greg to have his wisdom teeth out next week, and then help him get ready to move into the dorm. The summer really vanishes once August gets started. My garden has been great this year, and is my major source of relaxation.

Jen, I will be keeping your sister Kathie in my prayers.
Terri, Your mom is there too, I hope she is on the mend and feeling more optimistic.

Hugs to all, miss you Ruth, Leann, L.J.,and anyone I skipped,

Sandy
Old 08-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #56  

CONGRATS JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will keep your sister in my prayers. This prayer card is getting full. Can't wait til I don't need to add anymore.

Sandy,
Hope you hear the click soo. I know how hard it is when routines get broken.

ES,
I hope the wrist is getting better. I think of you often. Britts just asked about you. She just got her braces off after 5 yrs. Her teeth are beautiful.
She is so happy.

My mom is working hard at rehab. She is still pesimistic. Thay is the way she is. Even when things are going well.
Brandon got Brittany's favorite teacher for Biology this year. His name is Mr. Mitchell. Mr. M. told the class that he was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer
last spring. He wanted to tell them so they'd know why he has to get subs this year. His wife is having their first baby next month. He is in his 30's.
The drs. have given him some hope. There is only like a 4% survival rate with this kind of cancer. Brittany cried and cried when I told her. She said he is so inspirational as a teacher. She sent him a note.
Well, gotta go.
Good luck to y'all.
Terri
Old 08-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #57  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi there, me again.........

It seems like I am only here on Saturday's lately. I guess time just gets away from me during the week. I went to WW today and I am in shock....I mean, I lost 3 lbs this week!!!!!!!! Total (this time, head hanging) of 22.3. Only about 28 or so to go. Crazy how sometimes 3 lbs will go at this point in the game. I feel really great.

Jen ~ You are doing great! Keep it up girl, you're gonna be looking so wonderful. And you'd better enjoy that pool as much as you can. Your "summer" is shorter than ours. I haven't used the pool in about 2 weeks and it's been upper 90's to 100 lately. I think today is a good day to jump in. And congrats to your SIL. You BOTH are doing great!

Es ~ I'm doing FLEX. I have tried CORE a few times but just can't get into it. This coming from an old time ATKIN's person. But FLEX has been working wonderfully for me. You'll do it.....like Terri said .....click, click, click. Hope your wrist is doing well.

Sandy ~ some click, click, clicks to you too! (Terri, I loved that..haha)

Es and Sandy ~ I know first hand what it's like to get off track and not able to get back on. What put me back in line was really sitting down and re-thinking my life and what I was doing for my weight loss. Of course, I wouldn't have done that if my WW leader wasn't so wonderful and a great friend to me, forcing me to reflect. You'd be surprised how much insight and help you receive FROM YOURSELF by doing this. Her question was "why is this so important to you?" Of course, I added to it..........."and what has changed from the start when I did so well?"..........You'll both get there. We're all you on.

Terri ~ I'm glad to hear that your Mom is working hard at her rehab. I know it can be frustrating and all but keep building her up so that her mental state stays high. That is so much a part of rehab.

Dianne ~ when's that party? Come let me know all your plans and secrets to a great SURPRISE. I'm going to have to start planning Greg's some time after the holidays so I'm ready. (he turn's 60 6/1).....whew, thank goodness he's 10 years older than me.

Well, hi to all the MIA's. I'll try not to disappear for the week. Thank you all for being such great friends here. I still think we need to set up a get together. I will be more than happy to come to the north east. I miss NYC.

later,
Me <><

Last edited by Zoe; 08-13-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:54 PM   #58  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Congrats, Zoe! You're doing great.

Click Click Click (love it too, Terri!) to Es and Sandy. It'll happen.

Terri, so sorry to hear about that teacher. Life just stinks sometimes...and him with a baby on the way. Prayers for your Mom.

Dianne, Happy Birthday to Willie! Hope you have a wonderful celebration for him. Can't wait to hear how the party went.

We've got the boys here for the weekend;it's Jess and Michael's anniversary tomorrow so I offered to watch them. I've got pizza dough in the bread machine and they're excited about making their own pizzas. I have to be careful, pizza is sooooo easy to go overboard on!

Have to run, just wanted to say hi and I'm thinking of you all.
hugs,
~Jen
Old 08-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #59  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

Jen, the boys must love staying over. You always do fun things with them. It is so hot here it's unbearable. How is it out by you? How is your knee?

Zoe, please post more often. Your losses are awesome. Hearing about them makes me realize this program works if you give it your all. How long did it take to lose 22 lbs.? Keep up the good work. It would be so cool if we could all meet one day.

Terri, so sorry about Brandon's teacher. That is so sad. Give Brittany a hug for me. Mom seems to be doing well. She sounds like one tough cookie.

Sandy, I'm ready to give it another go. Let's start tomorrow. With my busy schedule I can't get to a meeting. I'm thinking of doing it online.

Dianne, Happy Birthday to Willie. Hope the party was a blast.

My wrist is much better. Some days I feel some pain, when I do too much.

I have to get ready to go food shopping.

Have a great day my friends.

Love you all!
Es
Old 08-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #60  

Zoe,
Congrats on the 3 pounds. That is awesome.

Jen,
Happy Anniversary to Jess and Michael. I am sure you and the boys had a good time.

Es,
I am so happy that your wrist is healing well. We worry about you.

We are going to go and see Brooks and Dunn and Big and Rich in Birmingham next Thursday. Can't wait.

I love Big and Rich.

TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread