Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #16  

Sorry I have been missinf all the action lately. Life has been so hectic around here.
Welcome Amanda it looks like you are off to a great start.
I have kept up the exercising but the last few days I have been really sore and am sleeping very badly. I don't know if its "THE CHANGE" or stress from the house situation or work or what I am going to try a mafnesium supplement and I am trying a protein drink in the middle of the day in case its lack of protein.
Tammy enjoy your holiday. Dan has a few more weeks of school and then just one more year to go he has been getting 100's on some of his final projects and the teachers are encouraging him to try university.
Tina we have a very short spring it was snowing 6 weeks ago and it will get into the 90's off and on this month. Last year we had about a dozen days in the low 100's with 100% humidity. I prefer it cool and dry.
Susan and Amy we would love to see wedding pics, have fun.
Sis it sounds like you have a lot of stress going on right now too, take it easy, the weight can wait.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:30 PM   #17  
Thursday Lady

It's Sunday, how is everyone doing?
Mimi, I've really missed you. I'm sorry you're having so much stress in your life. However, you'd have lots more if you weren't exercising like you are. Good for you! Don't be a stranger around here.

I've had a great food day. Oh Sundays I don't worry about water intake. I'd be running to the restroom at church all the time.

Has anyone had a Dannon Light 'n Fit Smoothie? I like them in the afternoons. It's a good source of Calcium and helps keep the starvation away.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #18  
Susan

Hi Ya'll,
Got back from the wedding this afternoon. My trip was only 2 1/2 hours, Amy's is about 6 or 7 hours. I'm exhausted. We had lots of fun. It was a really beautiful wedding. I hate to say this but I forgot my camera, but Amy's husband took a ton an his are always good.

I'm getting back on track tomorrow. I have had too many days off track so I have to get back on.

Tammy, YEA!! School is out. I can't believe you stayed at school until 8 either.

Tina, I haven't had the smoothies but I don't do yogurt either so I probably won't. I hear they are good.

Mimi, your weather sounds like Texas almost.

Amy, are you as tired as I am?

Off to watch a little tv. and I think it will be early to bed tonight.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Susan and Amy, welcome home. I'm glad the wedding was good.
Rest up.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:50 PM   #20  

Hey guys! Thanks for all the welcomes! I've never had so many people respond in any community or forum I've joined.

Had my weigh in today - another 2.2 pounds - down 10.2 total! YAY!

I just hope that I keep positive and focused - I realize that eventually I'm gonna lose less and less each week, and I hope that I can continue to see the light at the end of the tunnell and not fall off the bandwagon...
Old 06-06-2005, 09:11 PM   #21  

Graduation parties over the weekend. I didn't even go to graduation. I knew I would be miserable sitting there on the bleachers. It was also terribly hot. Next year I'll have to go since Tim will graduate.

Worked in the room again this morning for a while, then met 3 other teachers for lunch. We had fun. Amy (5th grade moved to 7th grade science) had an interview at another school system this morning. She called this afternoon. She goes for a 2nd interview on Friday! I hope she gets it so she can get away from all of the problems at our school.

It has been so hot here. And humid. Lots of storms north and south of us, but we've had no rain at all. We need it pretty bad. The crops are drying up in the fields.

Well, that's all for now. I have been drinking plenty of water. Have really cut down on the pop! I'm pretty proud of that. I usually have lots of cans of pop each day.

Hope everyone had a good Monday!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:15 PM   #22  

I'm sending another message after just sending one. I'm really not losing my mind. yet.

Tina, I've tried those smoothies! They are pretty good.

Amanda, I just noticed that you are in Georgia. My hubby and I have talked about retiring to Jekyll Island. We've visited there, and he lived in Brunswick when he was younger. Retirement won't get here too soon, I'll tell you that!!

I want my butterfly to move this week!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #23  

Talking

Jekyll Island is GORGEOUS...but I live way inland - just north of Atlanta. I think its about 4 hours to Jekyll from here...maybe not that far. I'm not sure.

This may be a little off topic, but I wanted to post somethign that I'm pleased with. I'm learning how to Utilize my points more efficiently.

3 weeks ago, when I started WW, I still had some "not so good for you" food in the house, including original american sliced cheese, and Burrito size tortilla shells (4 points), and just over all HIGH Point stuff.

Well, I went grocery shopping yesterday, and I bought 2% american cheese (only 1 point, versus 2 points for original kind) and Fajita size (yes, smaller, but still good) tortilla shells (which turned out to only be 1 point). I also really like the Perdue short cuts chicken (2 points for a 1/2 cup serving) So today for lunch, I had a fajita tortilla with chicken and a slice of 2% cheese - zapped it in the microwave to get the cheese to melt, rolled it up and it was DELICIOUS - and only 4 points total at that.

I'm glad that I'm learning how to do this properly - that way, I still have a few points left over at night to "waste" 3 points on a cosmopolitan...MMMMM.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #24  
GoddessInclined

Hi, ladies!

Sorry to be so in-and-out...the schedule these days is intense and not logging in here is not the only neglecting I've been doing. I missed my meeting entirely two Thursdays ago, but pulled my head out of the sand enough to get to a meeting this past Saturday, even though I knew I would have gained and I HATE HATE HATE HATE the presenter that on that day. And as I knew it would, I was up 1.8 lbs, but I also knew if I didn't go, I'd stop going, and I don't want to do that. As for that presenter, like I said, it must show some kind of commitment to go even though I dislike her, right? Her lifetime weight loss is 18 lbs. That's it. That's all she had to lose to be a lifetimer. Not that I'm belittling her struggle with weight-loss, but she's very smug and inflexible, and it's discouraging to hear smugness and inflexibility from someone who had to lose five pounds less to get to lifetime than I've had to lose to get my first 10% off, you know?

Wow...I didn't realize I was holding such....vitriol.....that had to be poisoning the system, eh?

But the good news is....there's a lady in my office who dislikes her, too, so based on our mutual dislike of Lady S , we've committed to going to a different meeting with a different facilitator every Thursday. So yay! Now I've got a buddy!

Anyway.....it's great to come here and read how every one is doing.....and know that the occasional spewage is okay.....

back to work...
Old 06-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Happy Tuesday,
Tammy, I'm glad you're getting lots done in your new school room. Now take some time off for yourself. I just cannot believe Tim will be graduating next year. Where has the time gone!
Amanda, it sounds like you've made some wise choices in your shopping. Bravo!
Jody, this is the place to vent. I don't know anything about that leader but don't be too hard on those who don't have as much as you have to lose. Easier said than done, I know. When I reached Lifetime, I had 11 pounds to lose. Those were the hardest 11 pounds to come off. (Now I'm up those 11 and a few more. I'm slowly getting them back off.) I am very glad you found a buddy.

How's everyone doing? Is this a dfficult week? This week i'm going to eat as much fruit as possible. There's a sale on strawberries and I've stocked up.
Good luck to us all

Last edited by Tina; 06-07-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #26  

Amanda you aren't not off topic, and bravo for all your good food choices. You will become an avid label reader.
Goddess you should check out some of the other leaders, I switched about 6 weeks into the program and the new leader was so much better, very enthusiastic, informed and positive. The first leader looked like she was falling asleep all the time and kept talking about which alcohol drinks were low in points.
Susan and Amy I am glad you had a good time at the wedding. post those pics!
Tammy we are having the same hot humid weather here +40 with the humidex.
Tina I live on those strawberries this time of year.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #27  
GoddessInclined

Tina said: Jody, this is the place to vent. I don't know anything about that leader but don't be too hard on those who don't have as much as you have to lose. Easier said than done, I know. When I reached Lifetime, I had 11 pounds to lose. Those were the hardest 11 pounds to come off. (Now I'm up those 11 and a few more. I'm slowly getting them back off.) I am very glad you found a buddy.

Oh, I know that, Tina. I've heard it said that whether you have 5 lbs to lose or 50 lbs, they can weigh just as heavy on your attitude and self-image. And I absolutely know that those last few pounds can be harder to lose than the first 50. I guess it's not so much the amount she had to lose, but the smugness of her attitude that bothers me....you don't feel supported by her....you feel as if the answers you give to the questions she asks are not quite good enough. I mean, if you suggest eating cheesecake for a once and a while treat, she just gives you this look that says..."You really don't need cheesecake, now, do you? *I* don't eat cheesecake." Anyway....it's not every person with less to lose, please don't feel that way, it's just this one.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Mimi, it sounds like that first leader you had was imbibing a little too much.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #29  

Amanda, good for you on learning how to manage those points!! Wasting a few on a cosmopolitan sounds good to me!

Goddess, I understand completely where you are coming from about the leader. It sounds very familiar from a few years back. She would tell us that if we would lose 10 pounds, we would drop a dress size. Not this body!

Tina, I made a big fruit salad to take to a brunch this morning. It was delicious. I made plenty so we would have some tonight for supper, but we ended up going out to eat. I had a glass of wine, does that count as my fruit? I was going to go into the classroom tonight, but decided to stay home, sit on the porch with Kramer, and read a book. Instead, I'm on the computer.

I guess Goddess is Jody. I get confused with all of the names. It's an age thing.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #30  
Susan

Hi All,
Some how I didn't notified of some of the posts. I feel like I missed a bunch. I'm going to a meeting tomorrow. I need to get refocused and back on track. I was doing pretty good today until I met my girlfriend at Tin Star. I had a cobb salad (not a bad choice) however the chips were so yummy I couldn't stop.

Tina, how is the birthday girl? I believe in celebrating all week long so I hope you are.

Tammy, I know Kramer loved having you home. Betty follows me around and is always about 2 feet away from me at all time. I'm getting worried because she is REALLY showing her age now.

Mimi, What's new with you? How is the house coming?

Amanda, you did make some good choices on shopping. Have you tried La Tortilla Factory tortillas. One only has 0 pts and 2 have 1 point.

Jody, the leader makes a big difference. You have to find one you like.

Amy, where are you little sister? It's not like you have anything to do at home.

Now tomorrow is going to be a better day!!!!!
Closed Thread