Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 01:29 PM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Favorite Low Point Snacks??

What are your favorite low-point snacks? I'm going to be starting nights in about a week and I snack non-stop rather than eating meals (because I can't figure out when to eat meals since I operate on a day-shift schedule), so I'd love to hear some of your low-point favorites.

Jess
Old 02-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Popcorn!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #3  

Popcorn for me too!! Love baby cut carrots, esp. at no points. For 2 points you can have a fat free pudding cup. Also for 2 pts you can buy the 100 calorie snack packs of crackers or cookies, they are good too.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Red face

Dried fruit, low fat yogurts, low fat ice cream fudge bars 1pt, low fat ice cream sandwhich 2pts. I also enjoy eating baby carrots, green pepper slices, cauliflower, any veggie you can think of. I try to snack mostly on free foods. I really feel good after the day is done because I know I have gotten my daily recommended fiber and fruits and vegetables. I am not depriving my body of those vitamins and nutrients anymore. You can also try buying the WW snack products, I think they are near the little debbies ( I know that is really hard to look at while trying to stay healthy ). I hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #5  

I love frozen grapes!You can have 1 cup and they are only 1 point!! Yum!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I get this poprcorn type snack in the organic section of the store its called pirate booty and it comes in cheese flavor and veggie flavor it is so good. I weigh it out and it seems like i get a huge amount for 2 points. its my treat when I want to slurge on snacks. otherwise, I eat a lot of cut up veggies an dip them in hummus.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 166.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Yogurt here. I go thru phases, but lately it's yogurt.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:58 AM   #8  
jmuns79

soy crisps are really good too. you can have almost 1/2 of the bag for 2 points. also, if you like pudding, get the sugar free cups (rather than the fat free ones) - they are only 1 point. now, i'm a big fan of string cheese (1 or 2 points), and i make homemade bran muffins that are only 1 point each. i also snack non-stop.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:59 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Baby carrots or red pepper dipped in hummous. You get a lot of good nutrients out of that.

I like string cheese too.

LF yogurt. Activia yogurt is HEAVEN though not LF, it has a lot of the good live bacteria that so helps us women.

Snackwell cookies for a sugar/treat lift.

Cup-of-soup packets, chicken noodle. One point each.

Snackwell peppercorn crackers with LF cheddar cheese - yum.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:54 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

One of my favorite snacks currently are those mini cans of tuna. In Canada anyway, you can get Clover Leaf flavored tuna in cans that are only 85 grams. Perfect snack size.There are a bunch of flavors like: Sundried Tomato; Lemon Pepper; Thai Chili; Lemon & Dill etc. I LOVE the sundried tomato. Its a great way to get some protein when you're in a rush. I eat them at work all the time & they don't give you fish breath either. It also helps you to get those awesome Omega 3s that we all seem to be lacking.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #11  

Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Pineapple Chunks, SF Jello mixed with FF Cool Whip, I also like those little packages of fakey cheese with the little hard bread sticks, they are 100 calories, you have to eat them slow and you feel like you had a "cheat".. I have recently bought the WW candy-they are very good at only 1 point per piece-I really like the turtles and the chocolate toffee.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:33 PM   #12  
Eat well, Live well

Thumbs up

My favourite "salty" snack is Christie Crunchers chips. They are low-fat, and a serving (24 chips) is only 2 points. I often have only 12, because they are VERY spicy. Spicy Thai is my favourite flavour. The spiciness also makes you want to drink a lot of water.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #13  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I like dipping veggies in salsa. Peppers work especially well, and cucumbers are good, too. We use carrots often, and are thinking of trying onions later on. Oh, man. Now I have to go to the store...
Old 06-17-2005, 11:39 PM   #14  
On my way!

Pineapple, cucumbers, cantaloupe, green grapes.

This week at the grocery store I found keebler's new 100 calorie packs..sandie shortbread, cheeze it's and chocolate chip cookies, only two points a pack and they are yummy!
Old 06-18-2005, 09:58 PM   #15  
rah

I'm big on the veggie snacks. since it's summer I find myself eating a ton more fruit, because it's all in season (I'm dreading winter!). I love hummous and mini whole wheat pitas. 5 pitas and 2 tbsp of hummous is 5 pt - so more than a snack generally warrants, but also more filling. I'm a huge ice cream person, and love the fudge bars made w/ splenda, by nestle. 1 pt each! and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, 3 pt for vanilla ones (i've never had the chocolate). Skinny Sticks (potato chip type things), pirate's booty and christie crunchers are great snacks when you need that crunch feelings.

Those of you who freeze grapes - do you do just what it sounds like? pop them in the freezer? How do you eat them, by sucking on them? I sound like a dope I know, but I'm intrigued@ heh.
Closed Thread