Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #61  
Thursday Lady

I have some stuff for a garage sale. I wish I could bring it up to go with yours, Tammy.
It's another hot day here, already. I wouldn't mind being on the beach with a cool glass of lemonade. However, I'd have to go buy a bathing suit----I'm not ready for that.
Everyone have a good OP day!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:39 PM   #62  
Susan

Hot here too!!!

Tina, I'll join you with the lemonade and on the beach.

Tammy, ya'll be careful on your trip!!

Nothing exciting here!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:38 PM   #63  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, have a great trip.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:34 AM   #64  

Thanks!! We are really looking forward to getting away for a few days. We'll be home sometime on Sunday. Have a great week everyone!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #65  
Susan

Howdy,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing pretty good today. I weigh in tomorrow and feel like it's not going to be good. I think this week I might go back to flex because I've been cheating some and think it would do me some good. I'm getting ready to take Big Red to get his nails trimmed. He thinks it's a game when we try.

Tammy, we'll miss you.
Tina, do tell about your anniversary dinner..... I know it was Yummy!!! Like my fancy words.
Amy, what's going on? I'm sure I'll talk to you later today.
Amanda, you are doing good. I know you will be glad when your boyfriend is back in town.

Off to the vet....... Yea! my home away from home
Old 06-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #66  
Thursday Lady

Happy Tuesday,
I just finished exercising and I'm bushed! I did the treadmill and some tricep exercising. My arms are at their worst flab. They've never looked this way. I got the dumb bells out.
At first, I wasn't going to wear sleeveless tops because of the flab. Then I realized that it didn't matter. I'd rather be cool.
I don't know how long it takes for the exercising to work. Do you think 6 weeks? Has anyone been there, done this before? (I should've started this in May when they (arms) started looking gross. Oh well.
Susan, I hope the vet visit goes well.
In answer to your question---we had a fabulous seafood meal. I ate all this sinful fried food and loved every mmoment. We sat by a window and could watch the ferries and motor boats go by--lots of fun. Starting yesterday, I'm back on a super healthy life-style.
Sis and Mimi, what do ya'll do to relax? Working that hard it for the birds.
How is everyone else doing??????
Old 06-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #67  

I am off to a work BBQ tonight. That should be relaxing (not). Ah well sometimes we just have to suck up. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think.As for those underarms Tina I hate to tell you but almost all of my ladies even the really thin ones have flabby underarms. But you can have muscular ones .
Old 06-14-2005, 05:36 PM   #68  
Thursday Lady

Mimi, how old are your ladies? I'm not old.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #69  
Susan

ya'll are cracking me up
Old 06-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #70  

42-97 hows that for an age spread
Old 06-14-2005, 11:56 PM   #71  

I have some AWESOME news!

So...I've been looking for a new job for FOREVER I'm a student, have been doing administrative assistant type work for the past year and Ive just been miserable with it. I did IT work in the navy, and I got out 2 years ago, and havent done IT work since I got out...well, I had been putting in application after application, trying to find something, bbecasue I just knew that my fate was going to be that come graduation I wasnt going to be able to find a job because of lack of recent experience.

WELL...I applied with the Georgia Pacific Company (I'm sure you've all heard of it) and interviewed on Tuesday, May 31st. I felt crazy after the interview. I didnt feel BAD about it, but I didnt feel great either. So a week goes by, and nothing. I had given up on that prospect.

Well, yesterday I had a phone call, with an offer of $13.25 an hour and was I interested? OMG YES I was interested. Not only is it a $3.25 pay raise from the crap work I'm doing now, but its IT work, its the field I want to be in, its a FANTASITC company...and FINALLY, someone is giving me a chance.

I'm so excited I cant even control myself. Of course, I'm super nervous, because its a super professional enironment...and I've never experienced it before. I sincerely hope I dont look like a redneck in LA when I show up on Monday for my first day on the job....(i hope that doesnt offend anyone, because to be honest, I'll be the first person to ADMIT that I AM a redneck - I just dont want to look like one in that kinda environment). AUUGHHH!!!

So what's everyone esle been up to? I'm goign to DC for a wedding this weekend....and I have a math test tomorrow night that I'm not ready for. Grrr. Well, I should go study, instead of procrastinating on the forums. Have a good night y'all.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:02 AM   #72  
Susan

Howdy,
How is everyone doing? I've been up for awhile becaue Betty (the dog) thinks I'm the only one that can take her out. She comes and stand on top of me when she needs to go out before we wake up. Pat will take her but she comes to me so I do.

Amanda, congratulations on your job!! YEA!!! You will do great!

Tina, how are you? Surviving the heat? It's suppose to be 97 (I think today) and it's still outside.

Amy, what about the Spurs? I was hoping they could pull it off last night.

Hope Tammy is having a fun trip!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #73  
Thursday Lady

Good day to everyone!

Amanda----congratulations on your new job. That's fantastic! You'll do great. Just walk in there on Monday with a confident look on your face and no one will know how nervous you really are.

Mimi, I think I fit into that age range of ladies.

Susan, it's very hot here, too. We had a nice shower yesterday afternoon. So, I didn't have to water and don't today, either. Our animals are so funny. How did the vet visit go yesterday? Smokey didn't know we had a time change a few months ago. He still wants to be fed at 6:30 a.m. Since I have to be careful that he does eat enough, I go ahead and get up and feed him. I'm a softy!.
Amy, did y'all get rain yesterday? Do you go to Central Market much? I love that store. We have one. You can find the best veggies there.

Sis, any new job openings?
Maureen, are you still lurking in the shadows?
Everyone have a great day.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:37 AM   #74  

Its a HOT day in SA!

Tina- No rain here yesterday. We sure need it. It was cloudy and overcast all day but no rain. Central Market is a great place. I go when I get a chance because it is about 30 minutes from my house. (a little far for veggies and meat)

Mimi - I am on the lower end of the spectrum, actually a 30 something.

Suz - How is Pat today? I am having the Spurs lot blues today. I know it is because I had my Flag day shirt on and not one of my Spurs ones.
Does the little guy having the tantrum remind you of anyone? NO! NOT ME!

Well back to the laundry.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:40 PM   #75  

Hey everyone!

It's been HOT here...I cant even blow dry my hair without sweat beads forming on my forehead...now, of course, if I would just give in and turn the AC in my Apt on, rather than being a poor broke college student who's trying to conserve energy....

I had a GREAT dinner tonight - I was good today, had 13 points left over for dinner. I had a baked fish and mixed veggies...only 7 points. I ended up splurging the last 6 points for a double cosmopolitan...and BOY did I need it. I got an email from Jonny today saying that they had been extended and he wont be home until the middle of July now. He was supposed to be back by the 4th. We were gonna spend that next weekend togather, but now, I wont be able to see him until August, because when he returns, I'll be getting ready for finals and the end of the semester and all...

August is gonna be great though, we're taking a weekend trip to Pigeon Forge Tennesee, to one of the cabins in the mountains. It's gonna be great...especially considering it will have been almost 3 months since I will have seen him. AUGH! stupid navy and their extensions! Grrrrr.

Y'all have a great day! I'm leaving to go to Washington DC for a wedding tomorrow night. Will chat with you all when I return on Sunday.
Closed Thread