Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 08:11 PM   #61  

Mimi, glad you enjoyed the lectures. Keep us posted on other things you learn.

Susan, you are doing great with Curves!!! Happy Birthday to Pat!!
I wish I didn't hurt too. Today was worse than yesterday, and it was warmer and the sun actually came out. I took some pain med. after school and slept for a couple hours. I feel a little better, but not much.

Tina, I am ready for the surgery. Both arms have been aching, and it is getting harder to grade a stack of papers. Good thing I have small classes!! lol I think I've been overdoing it. It's the end of the 9 weeks, so I'm trying to get things finished. Also trying to get plans and papers ready for the time that I'm out. 12 days isn't long, but it sure is a lot of planning. I'm sure the girl that will be subbing for me will do a great job. She subbed for me earlier in the year, and I know that she is aware of some of the challenges in my classroom.

Time to go grade papers!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:00 PM   #62  
Susan

Wow , I can't believe that we are already on 5 pages on this thread. We are a chatty group this month.

I just had some of the best things..... Quaker Stixs (they are like rice cakes but in stick form) They are delicious and I think are going to be my new favorite snack. 31 is only 2 points and they are very filling. I'm working very hard on staying within my point range. I just wish I was a the end of my weight loss journey and not so far from it. Oh wellllllllllllll!

Tammy, I'm sorry that you hurt so much! I wish we could make it all go away.

Tina, ready for the cold? They are saying it's not suppose to get as cold until Monday night.

Tina2, how is your daughter feeling?

Mimi, been to anymore lectures? Do tell.....

Susan
Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #63  
Thursday Lady

We are talkative this month. Maybe it's because it's a new year and we all feel like we're starting fresh. .......or something like that
Susan, I'll have to try that snack.
It sounds like you are really OP.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:30 PM   #64  

MMMMM muffins can you email me one?
Plus 14 to minus 10 today truly weird weather we are having, maybe that earthquake wobble is affecting our weather too.
Maureen I hope you are staying warm.
Susan did your dog get her ears docked or surgery for a hematoma? How did the chicken and dumplings go it sounds like a great winter meal.
Tammy, good luck with your surgery you may have to type one handed for a while.
It takes 3 days to blow up the exercise ball I can hardly wait.
No lectures for 2 weeks, next week I have a work lecture on pain control and comfort measures for the dying. Now doesn't that sound cheery!

Last edited by Mimi4fun; 01-13-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #65  
Tina2 in some circles...

Good Morning!

Well I had a great week so far. I managed to get to water aerobics twice this week. It's nice to have a friend who goes too. She motivates me....basically bugs me to go, I can't say no (stuborn dutch! I'm also married to a dutchman!).

Next week the stress starts. I am starting the college classes. I don't know what to expect from the Geology class, hopefully not too much homework. But the bonus is the other class is my PE class - I'm taking bowling! I'm gonna get exercise in no matter what!

My DD is doing great. It's almost like she never had anything done. Thanks Susan for asking.

Well, gotta get ready for work. It's only a half day today for the kids...noon dismissal because of parent teacher conferences. Since I'm only a resource teacher, I don't have to deal with them. But I have lots to do in the computer lab.

Everyone have a great day!

Tina2 in TX
Old 01-14-2005, 09:29 PM   #66  

Tina2, I took bowling in college and loved it! I bowled on a league for about 12 years. We had so much fun.

I'm getting some walking in, and I've done the HealthRider a few times. I've been so achy with all of the weather changes that we've had. That has to be the reason, not that I'm getting older!! lol
I'm so glad that it is the weekend. I have grades to get finished for the 9 weeks, plus I am getting things ready for the sub for the 12 days that I'm off from school. I'm sitting here with the math book beside the computer, but I've been reading messages and playing games instead of typing up plans for the sub! I am so dedicated!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #67  

Tina2 arn't kids amazing I wish we all could bounce back so fast those hormones have to be good for something.
Tammy good luck with the class schedule. Hey did you know
111111111x111111111 = 12345678987654321
that was on a Japanese trivia show that Dan and I watch just thought it was so cool.
Have a good weekend everyone. I am working this one.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:00 AM   #68  
Susan

Hi,

My in laws are here for the weekend. They haven't been up since the funeral. Have NO idea what we are going to do.

Mimi, 2 of my dogs got into a fight. One ended up having to have 3 staples in her ear and her leg chewed up. The other last her last K-9 tooth (she lost the other a while back). It's WAY too cold up there for me!!!!!!! Maybe in your pain lecture, you can get some tips for Tammy.

Tina2, I was a resource teacher too. I loved it when we didn't have anything do to do on staff development days. It was like they always forgot us. I could use that time to catch up on paperwork.

Tammy, I could always find something to do instead of grading papers or lesson plans. It's even worse when you know you have to do it for when you are going to be out. Too bad subs can't just come in a take over without all of the extra work it causes you.

Tina, I want that recipe too! I'm sure the muffins were yummy.

Well, Miss Klutz twisted her ankle yesterday stepping on the ledge in the garage. I actually thought I broke my foot. I'm still not positive I don't have a crack. If it still hurts on Monday, I'll go see my doctor.

I found the new WW cakes and muffins at Walmart. The little chocolate iced ones taste like ding dongs. They could be dangerous!!!

Better go, I hear people stirring.

Susan
Old 01-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #69  

I'll need to look for the WW cakes and Muffins! Yummy!!!
One of these days, I'll be getting back on program. Maybe if I'd go to a meeting, I'd get myself psyched up for it. But, maybe not. lol
Old 01-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #70  
Thursday Lady

This stinks! I just wrote a long reply and it's not here.
Oh well, Susan, I hope you can stay off that foot/ankle some this weekend. Did you know your company was coming?
I didn't make that muffin recipe after all. It called for wheat germ! Now, If anyone uses wheat germ, I'll be happy to post the recipe. I didn't make them.
Stay warm. Maybe this brief reply will get through.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:57 PM   #71  

Tina, I used to use wheat germ when I was making bran muffins all the time. Haven't made them since we moved to this house in '99. Maybe it is time for me to make some of those with the Splenda Blend. Trying to wean Bob from the sugar gradually. His sugar levels have been pretty high. He dropped his monitor, and he thought it wasn't reading right since the levels were so high (over 200 all the time, sometimes 300). I tested mine, and it was 107. The monitor works. What Bob is eating, isn't working. He started a pill for the diabetes on Monday. I hope that makes a difference, and I hope he decides to start eating better.

I hate it when I write a message and it doesn't show up here. Do you think there is a thread somewhere with all of the lost messages? Boy, would that be confusing to read or what?

Laundry is calling my name. Talk later.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #72  

Have y'all tried the WW chocolate Eclairs? I Love them. That and the fudgecicle thingys keep me going. I also got the key lime pie but I haven't tried it yet. Gee, I just made myself hungry..LOL
Old 01-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #73  

I haven't tried those Shadow. I have a box of Blue Bunny sugar free fudgecicles in the freezer. They are almost gone. Love those things!

Ok. I really need to get a thingy under my messages with the weight loss thing. Instructions please. BE SPECIFIC! I'm a dingdong at computer things.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:00 PM   #74  

Woe! All this food talk is making my tummy grumble. I found some locally made bagels that are 1 point for a half (Cinnamon Raisin) pretty good but would be better smothered in butter and honey. (No I won't).
Home alone tonight. Mike brought his chef cookbook home the other night. I can hardly wait till he starts cooking, he is going to try to do one meal a week. Sounds good to me.
Take care all. Rest and enjoy this quiet time of year.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:25 AM   #75  
Susan

Hi,
Well good news, my foot isn't broken. I showed it to Pat and he said he had done the same thing several months ago and it would keep hurting for a while. It's much better already.

Tina, I did know my in laws were coming. We went to the little Trade days that is once a month here in town. It's basically a big flea market (my mother in law has always wanted to go but misses it.) Then we went to dinner for Pat's birthday. It was a fun visit. They left early this morning.

Tammy, I'll figure out how to do the thingy and email you.

Mimi, inivite us all when Mike cooks for you. Those bagels sound good.

Shadow, I've tried those Eclairs and they are delicious. I haven't had them in a while. Maybe I need to get some now.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Susan
Closed Thread