View Poll Results: What would be your luxury item if you were a Survivor?
Hair Brush 0 0%
Shampoo 0 0%
Tooth Brush 7 38.89%
Board Game 2 11.11%
Book 0 0%
Blanket 4 22.22%
Other 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 01:51 PM   #16  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Crappy mood alert

Can't help it. Plus my allergies are running strong today and my face hurts. The Allegra I take isn't supposed to make me sleepy but for some reason it is today. And I'm starting to get nervous about this seminar I'm going to all next week. I know it'll be incrediable, but it's a bunch of people I don't know and I always feel uneasy before a situation like that. I know I'll be fine, if I ever get packed. Tomorrow's my only day with my b/f and I'll have to spend a good chunk of time packing and doing laundry. Then I have something like a 6 hour drive to get to College Park on Sunday.

Whine, whine, whine...

If I were on Survivor (although I wouldn't want to be), I'd have to take a journal and a pencil. I couldn't bear to be without something to write on for a month or however long they do it!

Belle: I feel for you, honey. How far is Vancouver from you? Brian and I did the long-distance thing for 2 years and it wasn't much fun. We were 2 hours apart, and saw each other about every other weekend. I hated it. Of course it's possible to do, and we managed to make it through it, but just think through everything carefully. I'd also be careful about moving to be with him unless you're pretty sure about the relationship. I moved once for a guy and he broke up with me a month later. It was reverse with me and Brian — I moved away and he finally moved to be with me. I don't want to be the voice of doom, but it would probably help if you and your b/f sat down before he left and talked about what each other's expectations are, etc.

I also know what you mean about people you love moving away and how hard it is. I'm an Army brat, so just about my whole life has been moving every 3 years. It's hard to keep really close friends that way. And since I've been in the "real world," I've had good friends who have moved to take different jobs ( I've moved, too) and the dynamic between us changed. The friendship changed, too. There's more effort involved and unless both people try, it doesn't work. But sometimes it does, and it's nice having people in other places you can visit on road trips!

I didn't go WI today and I'm not going tomorrow. I'm skipping this week because I know I gained. I'm trying desperately to get back on track, but man, it's hard. I keep craving foods that are bad for me! Hey, Angie, where did you find pizza with low-fat cheese? Please share!

Well, I better get back to work ... I want to try and get out of here early and go to the gym. Maybe that will help me wake up!
Old 04-20-2001, 02:26 PM   #17  

Hello everyone!

I also would never be on a show like survivor. I've also never seen a full episode of a show. I know, I guess I'm wierd!

I was able to stablize the Easter damage by staying the same weight this week. Yeah! Not too bad seeing I was lazy and only exercised once this week too. My goal is to run 4 times this week. The weather is incredible here in Mass today, and I'm hoping it means spring is finally here!

Belle- hang in there! When DH and I were dating he was sent to Isreal for 3 months for work. It was a difficult time for us and I was unsure of what would happen with our relationship. It was a tough time, but our relationship did get stronger with all the phone calls and in retrospect I'm glad we had the experience. When the move is permanent, it is very tough. Make decisions slowly. I know many long distance relationships that have worked and I also know many people who were "burned" relocating for a sig- other.

Lori- When are you coming home? We need to get together for girls night out! Also, sign yourself up for Softball!!! If I play, anyone can play.

Have a good afternoon ladies!

Amy
182/151.2/122?
Old 04-20-2001, 03:04 PM   #18  
Running Babe

Afternoon All!

Grrrr... I gained again, .2, I blame the pill... grrr.. Oh well, I put in a good run today so there's a few exercise points. I am also lowering my points. I have generally been eating at about 23 points a day, I am going down to 21 for now (with the occassional day where I eat more). There's so much going on right now I am just losing my motivation, I am also craving carbs constantly. Oh well, school is almost over and then there's the move. So much in so little time argh!!!!!!!!!

Take care!

Ali

I should change my sig, my weight currently is 158
Old 04-20-2001, 03:27 PM   #19  
Eve's Mom

Default Hi....

Couldn't think of anything better....

He wouldnt' be moving until Sept 15 or something. I have one year contract here that expires in January,so I would likely stay here until then no matter what.

But my real concern, I guess, is that he won't want to stay together, long distance or otherwise.

Stacey, you make a good point about him coming to me and asking me. I won't bring it up, at least for a long time.

Kim - army brat, eh? THat would be tough. of my firends that have moved, only one or twodidn't peter out.

Once again, I thought this through and realized this one thing: I don't have any control over this situation except to have control over myself. So, what is the solution? There isn't any....but I can jsut be the best Belle I can be inthe meantime and realize that if he chooses to not be with me, well, then it wasn't meant to be. Adn if both parties don't want it, it can't happen anyway.

Kim, I am with you on WI, won't happen this week now for sure b/c I have to pick up sister at car repair place at 9am (WI time) on Saturday.....which is fine since I am sure I gained...Bad Me.

Gotta run...thanks for all your (usual) support in the continuing and seemingly never ending (gruelling) saga of my b/f and me....

Belle
Old 04-20-2001, 03:39 PM   #20  
Parrothead

Default Just a quick note...

Belle ~ That is a wonderful attitude. Me and my DH spent two years living in two cities. It really let me get a grip on who I wanted to be. It was a huge growth opportunity for me. I agree with the other posters about the high phone bills and the wear on my car. In the end, the time went by really fast and we are stronger for this. Good Luck with it all!

P.S. ~ For all of ya'll who are missing WI...don't worry about it! Like I said Yesterday, we all need a vacation once in a while. I for one won't be weighing in on the cruise . You all will be great OP next week and there are going to be a ton of losses on this BB.

Kay
Old 04-20-2001, 05:17 PM   #21  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I learned something new!!

Hey ya'll, I just learned how to type in bold letters
How cool is that???
I am so ready to go home!! We're going out of town to a church retreat. It's called Family Camp, but it's the farthest thing from real camping!!
The food is wonderful and there are lots of family based activites, along with volleyball, etc. The Illinois River runs through the camp and there are several spring fed creeks, too. The atmosphere is beautiful!! Hopefully, I'll be active enough to "work" off the food.

Have a good weekend!!

The only problem about bold is that it takes too long to type it out!
Old 04-20-2001, 09:01 PM   #22  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I am at the local college library on a Friday night. Hubby is looking stuff up on microfish for is big case so I said I would come and keep him company. I am at a computer that says "research only," so this is iligal I think...but being a Friday night, we are the only ones in the library.

Anyway, did ok today but did end up a little over. I have been feeling sick all day so I ate to many crakers and bread. Tomorrow I weigh in and OP break is OVER! I am back on track!

Staceyhat church retreat sounds like fun. Hey, I live on the Illinois River. I will sned good vibes down river to you!

Kay: you are right, next week is our (as a group) on program week!

Belle: Hugs to you. You are right, what is ment to be will be! Stay true to Belle.

Alli: Don't worry about a little pill water weight. It should even out. If it does not, I would talk to your Dr. They may want to put you on another brand.

Amy: Good job at weigh in. I have not done that much exercise this week either. I hope to kick that up a bit next week. Hey, does yard work count?

Kim: I hope you feel better and I would not worry about your seminar (i tend ot worry about things like that too) but I bet it will be great!

Jen: That is so cute about your dog and doughter's buggy! I also cried when they were able to e-mail home. I think if Colby does not get the ugly necklace, he is so out of there. Too big of a threat!

Slinko: great job being OP!!! \

Steph: CONGRATS! on your 25# mag. That is so great! Also, great idea on baby wipes. Very smart.

Lisa: That is some great planning you always do with your points. I really need to start doing a better job of that. GOod job!

Lori: Great job on staying OP ...and have fun playing hookie. I love that. I went home a little early today myself.

Kirsty: hope work slowes down for you. Oh, and I find Survivor to be VERY adictive.

Angie: How did it go with your daughter?

Ok, I am getting an evil look from the library kid behind the desk. I quess i sould go and see what hubby is up to.

Talk with you all later.

Trish
Closed Thread