View Poll Results: Have you seen Bridget Jones's Diary yet?
YES! and it was brilliant 3 17.65%
YES! and it was disappointing 0 0%
NO! but I am definitely going to 13 76.47%
NO! and I have no intention of going 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 06:20 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs down

Hi everyone! My turn to start a thread, first time for MONTHS and now I have to think of a poll [...].

Going to WI in about 5mins, so am just starting off this morning, but will be back later to tell you how it went. Nervous ...

hugs,
Lolly
xxx
Old 04-24-2001, 06:56 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default good luck lolly!

hi everyone,
lolly - how did WI go? i've got everything crossed for a good one. ooh ooh - i'm going to see so graham norton tomorrow night!! so watch channel 4 on friday in case i'm in it again!! i need to think of a book cover to make...
hi to everyone else. i've got lots to do here so best get on. but i'll be back later to reply properly.
Kirsty
PS Ali - i meant to say don't worry about little gains right now. I know it's annoying cos so close to goal but i'm sure it's the pill and it will settle down and you'll start losing again. i've just changed brands and found the same thing happening. or was that the easter eggs?!
Old 04-24-2001, 07:22 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default YIPPEE!!!

Hello again, hi there K!

Well, I went to WI and I'm down 6.5 over the 6 weeks so I get my 50lbs certificate (next week ... excited!!!) and I am past my 2nd 10%. I guess now I should set an official goal, but I am going to wait until I pass 200 (and stay there...). So that's my next goal. My leader was dead chuffed, I think normally when people are away for a while, they fall off the wagon so she didn't quite know what to expect. Now I am munching on a cream cheese, marmite and cucumber onion bagel which is soooooooooooooooo good - I have missed bagels!

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 04-24-2001, 08:22 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default hooray!

Lolly - that's fantastic news! Go girl!!
Old 04-24-2001, 08:26 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Congratulations Lolly - that's excellent. 50 pounds! You must feel awesome!

Yesterday was beautiful here. ANd today is the same. I'm taking a half day at work tomorrow, so of course tomorrow it's supposed to rain.

Being down 4 pounds yesterday made me SO happy. I am just estatic. I truely finally think I can do this! I ate at my min yesterday and went to the gym. I'm going to try and do the same today because I'm going to dinner with a friend on Wednesday. I'm planning on having this AWESOME honey mustard chicken salad that I've estimated to be 8 points... but the thing is I L-O-V-E their bread there. And I will prob have about 6-8 points worth of that - so I need to bank up for it.

Brenda - DOWN WITH THE RED WINGS I'm glad the Avs will be playing the Kings. I think they should be able to win that series pretty well. We'll see I guess

Okay ladies, take care!

Lisa

High Weight 237, WW Start 220, CW 192, WW Goal 115
Height 4'11"
July 25th goal - 170?????

Last edited by tilley; 04-24-2001 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-24-2001, 08:59 AM   #6  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Good Morning Everyone

I voted that I wasn't going to see it. The reason being....I can't even remember the last dh and I got a chance to go to a movie. SO....in all reality I don't see us going. We might rent it though when it comes out on video.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far. My oldest was playing sick this morning and didn't want to go to school. Well I couldn't tell for sure if she was really sick....or just playing so I asked her if she wanted to ride her bike to school....well wouldn't you know all of a sudden she felt better! kids......Funny I remember doing the same thing!

Had a great op day yesterday finished at 23 points YAY! Weigh in tomorrow....but monthly friend is on the verge of being here. So far it is just Mr. Spot but AF is most definatly on her way.

Lolly CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on 50 #'s that is AMAZING!! YAY for you!!!

Lisa you are doing awesome! yay for your 4 pounds! That is excellent

Kristy Hope you are having a great day, and have fun tonight!

Question for all How many points are the little milk chocolate eggs....you know the ones I mean. Wrapped in colorful foil. A lady just dropped some off for our family

See you all later!

Angie
Old 04-24-2001, 09:44 AM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. First, Lolly: CONGRATS!!! YOu did so great. And Lisa: CONGRATS to you too. I think I missed that yesterday.

Angie: I remember playing sick too. How funny. On the candy, Dottie has easter candy points listed on her page. I would try there.

Kirsty: have fun tonight

Ok, I have a little totally non-weight related rant. as you may know, I am taking my body temp each morning to see if I am ovulating, when, etc. This thing is making me crazy. This is only my first month, but you have to sleep 3 hours unenterruped to do this. Well, I think I am so stressed about getting the info correct etc. that I keep waking up like every two hours. Now, I tend to wake up a lot at night anyway but usually I fall right back asleep. Now when I wake up I just sit in bed and think "I MUST get back to sleep or I will not have an accurate reading." and then I can not get to sleep at all. I am so frustrated! Hubby thinks it is the funnyest thing in the world. I called the Dr, but he was no help. It is funny but I hate it when I wig myself out like that.

Hello to everyone else. Got to jet but be back soon.

TRish
Old 04-24-2001, 09:59 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

Default fun tonight?

thanks for the wishes of fun tonight. but it's tomorrow night i'm going to see a tv show get recorded. unless you guys know something i don't about tonight?! which as far as i know is likely to be dull cos i've said i'd go see some talks at the royal institution...
Old 04-24-2001, 10:05 AM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Way to go Lolly!!

That's is SO awesome!!
Congrats to all the losers! I'm not going to WI tonight, since I just started TOM and I feel like a bloated cow. That, and I ate spinach dip for breakfast! EEK!
I had a Creative Memories show at my house last night and chowed!! There was leftover spinach dip and I didn't have any milk or cereal, so I decided spinach dip with triskets sounded good. At least I made it with low fat sour cream and low fat mayo.
I have to drive to Muskogee today for a closing (it's about 3 hours away) so I'd better get going.
Hi to everyone and have a wonderful day!!
Old 04-24-2001, 10:20 AM   #10  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default Thank you!!!

Thanks guys, I am happyhappyhappy!!!

Angie - I used to play sick as well ... you obviously know your little girl's triggers! And re: the eggs, I know the Cadbury's mini-eggs are 3 for 1pt, so if they're the same size ...

Lisa - wow! 4lbs! Congrats, that's ace!!! And I know what you mean about bread ... I think it's one of my favourite foods and there are so many different sorts out there now (I saw courgette and tomato bread at the farm shop on Sunday but restrained myself ... although, it's veggies, so ...).

Trish - aaaaw, you sound so stressed, I hope you crack the sleeping thing soon. Maybe when you get used to the idea you won't be so nervous?

Stacey - mm-mm, spinach dip! I have hardly any food in because I haven't had a chance to shop since I got back so I'm going to be digging around tonight as well. Unfortunately I don't have any yummy leftovers lurking though ... it might have to be soup and soup.

Kirsty - I'M SO JEALOUS YOU ARE GOING TO SEE GRAHAM!!! Wear something visible and tell a funny story - oh, and let me know where you're sitting so I can look out for you. Jammy cow!

Can't motivate myself to work today. I blame the rain ...

Lolly
xxx
Old 04-24-2001, 10:23 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default LOLLY!! Woo HOO!!

50 lbs, that is so awesome!! Congrats! And Lisa too!! 4 lbs down would leave me soaring as well! Lolly, you are ahead of me!! AND you had the cake faeries!! Oh well....

Kirsty - have fun TOMORROW!! (and tonight, wink wink.....only we know the truth behind tonite.....you will soon find out) Wish I really had something sneaky I could do but you are oceans away...

Stacey - wish I could have a creative memories party - I LOVE scrapbooking. I am doing my Europe trip STILL (almost two years!!).

Ali - the BCP's screwed me up for a little while but I evened out after about a month and a half, so hang in there!!

Trish - Yikes, I can't relate with that, but it does sound a bit frustrating. Rant when necessary!!

Angie - not sure about how many you can have, but I think it was 3 that counted for one ounce...I could be wrong. Have you got a scale?

I hung out with my mom last night, cleaned my Civic and worked out. I walked two ran one for 20 min and then I did hte Cindy Crawford video for a 45 min workout (swiped - love that word- it from my sister's house!). I HURT today, worse than yesterday!! But its a nice hurt.....on my scale today I was 211, so I am hoping for a loss this week...going to WI friday morning!!

Better mosey.

Belle
Old 04-24-2001, 10:45 AM   #12  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Most Excellent Lolly!!!!!

I had to laugh because as I was reading the posts I was talking to my mom, I asked her how does she think WooHoo is spelled, then as I got to the bottom Belle had already written it!!!! I know I live such a full life these are the things that amuse me
Anyway, I went to the gym last night!!!!!!!!! BIG accomplishment...Last time I went was November AND I am going again tonight. I called my mom yesterday(She is unemployed right now and asked if she wanted to meet me gym at 4:00(right after work) that way I could not make and excuse NOT to go!!! It felt great but I was exhausted when I got home!!!!! I am hoping to get my 10% this week, I have been slacking for WAY to long, I have journalled everyday for the last 2 weeks and now the exercise!!!!! I got my 25# magnat last week, so I want to start a new losing trend

Sorry I could not respond to everyone today, I am at work and our new system moniters internet time
Talk to ya'll soon
Steph
Old 04-24-2001, 10:47 AM   #13  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Trish I have been temping my cycle for over a year. In fact that is what helped us conceive Emma. As you know we are now trying to conceive another bundle of joy, and so for nadda. I can SO relate to you but please know it will get better. I was the same way when i first started. I was so excited to see what my temp would be I wouldn't be able to sleep! LOL do you have the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Welscher? It Is FANTASTIC!! It goes through charting step by step and is SO SO SO full of information! I totally recommend it. Have you ever heard of fertility friend? It is an online charting service. I have been annovulatory for the past two cycles. If you would like to take a look at my chart click here http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/922b It is an awesome service, they have an expert there that you can ask questions all the time, and it has message boards ETC ETC. If I would have ovulated it would have automatically put in my coverline...but unfortunatly I didn't. OK, here is what I would do in your case. If I woke up and could NOT get back to sleep then I would take my temp and then put it down and try to get back to sleep. If I couldn't then I would at least have a temp to go by. You can adjust temps if you wake at different times....that is another thing that fertility friend will help with. As you chart more and more you will find you don't even think about it at all. It just becomes part of your morning ritual. Do you check cervical mucous? That tells you if you are getting ready to ovulate...where as the temp only confirms if you have.
Good luck!!!! (hugs)

Everyone thank you for hte info on the eggs....gonna stay away fronm them....not worth 1 pt.

Angie
Old 04-24-2001, 10:59 AM   #14  
Parrothead

Default WAY TO GO LOSERS!

Lolly ~ Wonderful about the 6.5 #s!
Lisa ~ Wow! 4 pounds and staying below points!

Ya'll are great motivation for me. I've been OK the past couple of days but not as good as ya'll!

Steph ~ Good going on the gym. I'm like you, once I get started I do really well at the gym, but if I skip its months before I go back. The Gym I was a member at loved me because I paid for 6 months and maybe went three times

Angie ~ Too funny about your oldest! My mom would never let me play sick. If I wanted to stay home from school and I was faking it, she wouldn't write me a sick note. Instead she would write "Karen didn't feel like going to school today" (my fam still calls me by my full name Karen). Thanks for the info on charting. I've been wanting to try that because bc does not agree with my system.

Ali ~ Talk to your doc if the weight gain continues. I had the same kind of problems on the pill. I tried 5 different kinds and I kept gaining so I finally just stopped them. Hopefully it will work out better for you! I also was smoking and that is a really bad combo.

Trish ~ Relax! That is totally understandable. Do Tylenol PM effect the temp thing? You might try that. They work for me when I am having trouble with sleep.

Hi everyone I missed! I have to jet to a mtg. I'll check in later!
Kay
Old 04-24-2001, 11:05 AM   #15  

Default thanks ladies :)

I have to say that for the past few weeks or so I have been struggling with points and exercise the whole sha-bang......BUT ever since I have found this site and support forum I have found it so much easier to stay op and workout , dunno why. Thanks for all the good wishes and nice thoughts!!!!!! You guys are great motivation for me keep losing!!!!

Lolly-awesome job on the 50lbs!!!

HELLO to everyone on this wonderful Tuesday morning!!!!

Last edited by lilhunnypot; 04-24-2001 at 11:07 AM.
Closed Thread