View Poll Results: Communal showers at the gym/school - what do you do?
Stand naked in front of the mirrors, posing and admiring self 1 5.00%
Keep a towel on till you're practically under the shower, likewise when you get out 5 25.00%
Don't go near them, I wait till I get home to shower 13 65.00%
Other (please share!) 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 04:31 PM   #31  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Thanks, Trish ...

for looking up those points on the sub! Now I don't feel quite as much as a cow! I can deal with 11 points, Although I know I'm having pizza tonight and have to be careful. One piece!

Grrr ...Britney Spears. She lets herself be used that way. It's sickening how many little girls look up to her. Did I ever tell you gals about the time I had to write a story the day tickets for her concert went on sale in Roanoke? It actually turned out to be pretty funny. The tickets sold out w/in minutes and everyone started crying. I don't think I was ever that bad about anybody famous.

Congrats on the apt., Lori!

On the kilt issue ... much of my family, including my step-dad, is Scottish, and my step-dad used to be a Scottish dancer, the whole outfit and all. A few years ago, when he and my mom were living in Virginia, he danced at a county fair. My friends were very impressed. It would have been cool if he wore his kilt when he and my mom got married, but he wore his Army uniform instead.
Old 04-12-2001, 05:10 PM   #32  
Go Avalanche!!

Default One hour until freedom!

Jeez, I can't keep up with the posts!

Lunch was totally not worth it! They had sautéed scallops on special with rice and salad with vinaigrette dressing. I was thinking that should be a good healthy lunch right? Not really. I was very good and split a roll with my co-worker instead of eating a whole one like I wanted. When we got our plates (my boss ordered the scallops too) I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was 3 whole scallops, a cup of rice and a teeny bit of salad. This little bit of food added up to 8 points and then I gave the ½ roll 2 (what do you think? – scallops cooked are 1 point for ½ a cup; I figured w/the sautéing I should count them as 4?, the rice was one cup at 4 points and the dressing 2). Talk about un-filling. I’m still so hungry! I did turn down dessert *yeah for me!* Anyway, that was just really frustrating The other problem is, this last minute lunch fell on the day I have a candle party and the hostess told me not to eat b/c she’s making dinner!!! Dinner? Wow, I’ve always seen munchies at my parties, but not dinner. Of course I couldn’t ask what she was fixing and don’t feel that I should be rude and not eat what she has prepared. Gr, I think I will eat spinach when I get home so I’m not as hungry, but I really wanted to be low end of points (20 to be exact) and that means I only have 6 points left to work with for the day. Okie dokie, I’ll stop whining, sorry!

Sarah: Good job staying OP! See scallops above, what do you think?

Kay: I think football is definitely worth high points!

Lolly: I agree that they should ban communal showers. Luckily our rec center has little individual stalls. I’m hoping my DH will want to go see BJ with me. I’m really tempted to go tomorrow night if I get done what I need to!

Kim: You can still be OK for the day, just eat a sensible dinner. Have you talked to your leader for some plateau advice? heheheh you Scottish decendants are all over the place.

Trish: I also want a third book! I really want to see how she handles being a smug married too!! Ya know, all of a sudden I need a Diet DP b/c of under your name. Have you ever done hot Dr Pepper? I know it sounds gross, but it’s a great alternative to hot chocolate. Yum! I haven’t tried it with diet yet though.

Jen: Major hugs to you and your mom!

Lori: I’m so sorry about your dad. I do have to congratulate you on the place though!

My great aunt died of ovarian cancer when I was in 9th grade. She was my mom’s aunt, but they were only 3 years apart in age and we were all very close. Sometimes thinking about her still brings me to tears. The kicker? If her doctor would have been more competent, she would have diagnosed it sooner (entirely possible in her case) and she would still be alive today. Please don’t feel bad about demanding care of tests from your doctor even if they think it is extreme. We have every right to question what they tell us. It’s our health and our life after all. *big hugs all around*
Old 04-12-2001, 05:16 PM   #33  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

At the MSN site they have BJ greeting cards.

I sent my hubby one... he laughed since it was a little suggestive! Hee hee
Old 04-12-2001, 06:17 PM   #34  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Left a little early today. At home putter. Love this putter as it is so fast. My hubby is always on it, however, so I never get to use it.

Jen: I am sorry to hear about your mom as well. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Lori: I am sorry to hear about your dad. Congratulations on the new appartment.

Brenda: I have never had a hot D. Pepper. I will have ot try that. Also, I don't think the lunch was quite that much. Hard to tell with resteraunts.

Oh, Jen, I sent my hubby one of those cards too. The one about a day without pants or something. It was cute I thought. As he is out of town, he has not seen it yet.

Well, I am off to church for Maudy Thursday dinner etc. I leave early tomorrow morning for parnets house and then I will be gone until Tuesday. So I will see you all then.

Have a happy Easter/weekend (depending on your faith.)

Trish
Closed Thread