3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/4194-thursday.html)

Kirsty 04-12-2001 04:44 AM

Morning girls,
Our server is down so no work for Kirsty! Hooray! It better not last though or there will be no magazine next week! At last it's Thursday and my last day of work this week, and I won't be back till Tuesday! (In work days it is Monday so I'm totally lost!!). ;)
Lolly, sorry to make you feel short/average! Want me to do the heights again and divide up the 5ft4 to 5ft8 group?!
Brenda - good on the loss, how's the weather? Belle - funny how bf got all protective over the ex's bad taste. don't let it bother you.
Kay - well done on those 3 pounds!
Trish - hope you're ok. i always find funerals pretty tough, and for some reason always cry during the hymns.
Oooh, big announcement. For the first time in ages and ages and ages - i saved some points for the weekend! go me!!
Hello to everyone else I've missed (it's not cos i don't love you but cos I better go see what's happening with our server).
Hope you all have a good Easter weekend, go easy on that chocolate now.
I want to hear of lots of losses next week.

Kirsty

momof4girls 04-12-2001 09:23 AM

good morning

Grab that towel and hide as much as I can!!

Sorry that I didn't have a chance to post yesterday....it was kinda hectic. I went to weigh in and LOST 3 #'s YAY!! Now, I know this is my first week and a person usually does lose that much...but really I never expected it. So, I am happy to say I am now 3 pounds lighter.

I am feeling much better now the headache is gone, and my arthritis has settled....a l little bit....it still hurts when I get up...but that will never go away because it is so damaged.

Anyway, I hope you all have a very good ON program day. (hugs to all)

Angie

Jen-L 04-12-2001 09:39 AM

Yah Angie.... Way to go on the loss!!!!

Kirsty... When our network goes down, we have to sit around and wait. It is a pain in the butt! Plus when the network goes down, so does the internet!!!

I WILL NOT use common showers. I did when I was little, but not now or in HS. I absolutely hate it when people look at me while I am naked.... OK, not hubby, but strangers. I don't care if I am chubby or skinny, it still grosses me out!

I did my strength training and flexability last night. Almost forgot to, but at 8:30 I remembered and hubby said... you better do it. Then I wanted to get up early this morning to exercise, but didn't set my alarm because I figured I would hear hubby get up... I didn't so I missed my exercise. Maybe after work! I also have to color Easter Eggs tonight for work. We are having a breakfast of Eggs and Coffee cake tomorrow, then we are done at 12:00 noon! YAH.... But I have to run and pick up Emma then eat lunch and make it to church by 1:00. YIKES!

Last night I had a sinful dinner. Hubby wanted it too! I bought a can of turkey chili and mixed it with 4 points of Light Velveeta cheese. Heated it up and poured it over Baked Lays tortilla chipps. It was chili cheese nachos. I added a mound of lettuce and tomato and salsa to mine to give me more filler. Came to 10 points. I had the points to spare. But I always feel guilty when I eat things like that because they seem so wrong. I always figure in order to lose weight you have to be deprived... but that's not true. So why to I think that??? Anyhoooo, it was really good!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Belle2000 04-12-2001 10:03 AM

TIRED~~

I am SO tired today......so last night I went to drop off b/f, and he said, come up and eat dinner withme at least. I realized I had no food so I thought sure. So then he says oops I have no food either, and we end up going to Subway and to rent a DVD....I know, how bad am I. So I fell asleep sitting up during the movie and then I woke up at like 2am and could NOT fall back to sleep.....so I am feeling whipped today!!! Its dreadful. But, oh well, what can you do.

I told b/f that tonite I am going to my place, DVD be damned and if he wants to come along, eh is more than welcome, but that I am staying home tonite. Tomorrow we have a play, SAturday dinner at Dad's, Sunday dinner at our old co-workers and then that's the end of my long weekend :(. So.....must rest and have Belle time tonite. Need long bath, book and early to bed or will turn into giant monster.

Thanks for all your comments yesterday - I realize that I am not abnormal by having bad thoughts about her - she does, after all, interfere with us somewhat adn is very annoying.

Angie - woo hoo! 3 down is great!! You must be so proud! You go girl!

Kirsty - I lose internet if my server is down too, and it happens lots around here....oh well....but good for you, you can't work! Yee Haw!!

Jen - I have always been a chub and I have NEVER used the common showers (in my memory that is). And no one in my jr. high really did either. But in HS some did, the really jock-y girls showered after, the rest of us waited to get home. My HS b/f was kicked in the hall naked once after football from the shower...my biggest nightmare come true!!!

Yesterday I had a sort of epiphany while putting together a Communications Plan. I realized that putting together a weight loss plan is just the same - define the problem and current situation, challenges, goals, action plan, measurements and execute. Makes sense!! So I wrote one out (yes, corney, but I am a writer at heart) and have this sort of renewed spirit. It did help me realize though that my workouts have been falling by the wayside, with my cold and hurt toe, I have beena slacker...but both are on themend and by Monday or Tues I should be 100%....!! YAY!!

WI tomorrow......

Hello to Tonya, Stacey, Bren, Lolly (coocooracha!!! La Coocooracha), Kim, Kierie, Steph, Ali, Emily, Kristin, Lola, Lisa, Lori, Casey, Shaylne, Sarah, Becky, Julie, Trish.....and the rest of us Losers.

Belle :D

StaceyT 04-12-2001 10:04 AM

Whew! Almost the weekend!!!

Is it time to go home yet? Just kidding.
I can't post properly until my boss takes a smoke break, I know, same story different verse. :)

Jen: I love chili and velveeta. WW has a recipe for something like that. I think I'll post it!! I understand about "sinful" things. I'm the same way but then when I get comfortable with the not so bad stuff, then I move to the bad stuff. Kind of like a drug, you know?

Brenda: Are you snowed in?

Angie: Way to go on the loss!! That's awesome!!

Kirsty: Have a great llllloooooonnnnnnnggggg weekend!
I'm envious. I think I'll move to England and live with you and Lolly. :) Anyone care to join me?

I'm trying to save points for tonight's dinner. We have a Maundy Thursday dinner every year that consists of food that Jesus might have eaten at the last supper. It's fish (we cheat and go to Long John Silver) cheese, bread and honey, fresh fruit, dried fruit, olives and water. It is so yummy!! I probably will eat nothing but veggies the rest of the weekend. :)

Oops, big boss came in. Got to go.

Belle: We posted at the same time. Good for you for Belle time. You deserve it!!

Trish O 04-12-2001 10:05 AM

Hello all. Well, the funeral was very nice, as far as funerals go. It was a Catholic mass. I am not Catholic (Presbyterian) so it took a lot of concentration to follow what I was to be doing...but it was very nice and had very nice music. Very scarry about this woman diying. She was only 50 years old and in good health. Then on Wednesday last week, she had some adominal pain and went to the Dr. They thought gall stones but were not sure. So, she went to another Dr on Thursday and they had no idea (but by this time she was in extream pain) so she went back to the first Dr on Friday and he sent her to the VA hospital in another town (which I think is veey strange). Anyway, they said not gall stones, but before they could figure out what was wrong she stopped breathing and they lifeflighted her to the VA hospital in Indianapolos (Very strange..I mean, she was in a hospital already). Anyway, she died very early Sat AM. They have no idea what happened, but should get the pathology report back soon. I hope the Drs can figure it out as the not knowing is very hard for the family. Vey sad, in addition to our friend, she also left two other young adult kids and a 10 year old son. My friend's dad is totally at a loss right now.

This all really makes you think about how life can be taken from you very fast. I quess it makes you reafferm that we sould live each day to the fullest.

Well, enough about death for now. But I will say I am sorry to those of you on this board who have lost a parent. That must be vary hard.

Ok, I ate way too much last night, so today I am going to do some damage control. On the happy side, I tried on a dress that I like that had been a bit too tight in the rear and it fit! That made me happy that some of my clothes are starting to fit again. I hope that is incentive to keep me OP this weekend.

I was also wondering your all opinion about something. This is sorta dumb but here goes. My HS graduating class are all on this internet traking service. So anyway, I received an e-mail last week with current updates, people they had found, etc. I had been looking for the address of a good friend from HS who we had lost track of. Now, her e-mail was there, but that is not what my question in about. Also there was the info for an ex-boyfriend of mine. I would not have thought much about it except I was really mean to him when that relationship ended (as only an 18 year old can be) and have felt very bad about it since I grew-up. I fell that I sould appologize for my behavior. Anyway, I have not seen or talked to this man in since '89 (year graduated). So, I sent him a little e-mail saying that his name just poped-up and to let him know that one of our teachers (we were both big in the theater/speech team) and our theater teacher died a few weeks ago. But I did not appologise. I did not know what to say. He has not e-mailed me back, but I feel like I sould re-email him and tell him I am sorry about long ago. Do you think I should do that? Do you think he would think I was some sort of internet stalker-crazy? I have no desire to see him really or anything, I just feel like I should let him know that I was sorry.

anyway, what do you all think? I know I may be making too much of this, but this is one thing in my life that I really regret (just how mean I was, not that we broke-up) and wish I could make amends. Oh, how dumb we can be when we are young.

So, a long post for a dumb problem. I feel like I should be on Jenny Jones or something.

Jen: just had to say that it WAS 80 here, but now it is COLD and the wind is so bad. Sounds like you sent us your weather. Take it back! I say! Glad you and hubby were able to talk.

Brenda: how was the day off? Sounds so nice to me. Hopw hubby got home ok. They had on our morning news the cutes clip from from local news...a puppy in Denver playing in his first deep snow. So cute.

Angie: That is SO GREAT about weigh in! You are on your way!

Kirsty: I hate it when the server is down. You spend the day trying to look busy anyway and never get anything done. Have a great Easter if we don't "see" you before that.

Lolly: I am glad your BF is able to see you in Spain. Have fun!

Belle: I have to tell you that there are a few ex's of my hubby's that make me crazy! He has this one that we see maybe once a year. Anyway, she is always touching him and hugging him. Yuck! Keep your hands off my hubby is what I have to say to her. I think she is a bit upset still (after like 5 years) because he broke up with her saying she lived too far away and then one month later started dating me and I lived in the same town as her. Just sort of worked out that way. Then hubby and I got married a year later and she is still single and I little bitter about it I think. Oh well, they were not right together! Hubby also has this other ex (college girlfriend that he dated fo three years) that is married to a friend of mine from college. They live in the same city as us. Well, her marriage is not going well so she uses my hubby as a sounding board. That would be fine if I have not HATED HER for life 15 years now and if I trusted her just one little bit. Hubby thinks it is dumb that I am jelous of her blah blah blah, but she is mean and tricky. So I totally feel for you. Men, they just don't see it!

Ok, I have ended up writing a novel and I did not mean to. Hello to everyone else. I need to go cjeck out yesterday's thread to see what else is going on.

Oh, and Kay, I have been meaning to say CONGRATULATIONS on the no smoking! That is a hard one and you are doing so great!

Trish

LoriD 04-12-2001 10:15 AM

Hello All! I've been following the thread and not posting....I was in the 5'4" group from yesterday-I always wanted to be taller!!!
Today I voted to cover myself until the absolute last minute! So I am in Boston for a brief time looking for apts still-this really sucks! Things at home are ok-though there are times I seriuosly want to kill my mother! I've been pretty well OP since the weekend-I WI tomorrow morning and better have a loss otherwise I'll be upset. Last night I drove up to Boston from NY-about 3 1/2 hrs-and i wanted to munch so badly. But i am proud to say I had a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich and NO FRIES! And half of a salad...so I actually came out under points!

Angie-Congratulations on the losss1 that's great!
Ali-I am jealous that you have managed to lose your weight so fast-it's taken me a whole year to lose 30 lbs and that's with many ups and downs...
Trish-I had a similar thing happen-I broke up with a HS BF in a bad way...but I had the opportunity to see him 3 or 4 years later and I did apologize-it was actually very cool-he took it well and I felt a whole lot better-distance and time does wonders...I think you should do it....
Bye for now-i'm off to apt hunt!Lori

Belle2000 04-12-2001 10:24 AM

Trish

I harbour bad feelings for a couple of people who really hurt me in HS. ONe of them apologised a couple of years ago,and now I don't care. It was the act of that person admitting what they did was wrong and telling me that they had remorse, that I could forgive them and let it go, and now when I think of her, I don't think of her ina bad light (the other one, I still do).

I don't think it coudl hurt, and if you don't make any notion that you would want to see him, he wouldnt' think you would. I'd send it. You might help someone let go of bad feelings feel a bit bettter about themselves. 11 years is a long time, but ****, my mom has been divorced for 20 and still has very bad feelings. Dad has never apologized, I think it would make all the difference.

My opinion only....

BTW - his ex askes for guy advice all the time...HATE HER!

Belle

momof4girls 04-12-2001 10:27 AM

Thank you all for your congrats

Trish:

It is really hard to lose a parent. I lost my mom who was my very very best friend last year. She had cancer and the doctor gave her a clean bill of health in April and told her that she had beaten the cancer. We of course were all so so so very happy. I can remember how I felt when she told me it was gone. It was such a relief. 1-2 weeks after the doctor told her that she found another lump on her shoulder and of course went back to the dr. He did exrays and catscans and found that the cancer that they thought was gone had spread (in just 2 weeks) through out her entire body. It was in her ovaries, uterus, stomach, heart, intestines, and more but I cant remember right now. At that point the dr gave her 2-3 weeks to live. Of course we were all devestated and myself at 7 months pregnant was already emotionally strained. She died on May 28 while I was holding her hand. The very last thing I remember was her looking up at me and smiling.....the very last thing she said was "I love you and don't worry about me" My 2 sisters and brother were all with her singing hyms to her. She always loved to sing. I miss her so very much we were so so close. My heart was literlly torn apart. Even as I write this I have tears streaming down my face remembering every detail. My mother was my hero and she always will be, I will never stop loving her.

Sorry to go on and on...just once I start remembering it all comes back. Please love your parents and treasure the time you have with them. I miss my mom so much and I long to feel her soft skin again.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/chubbylegs there is a picture of myself, my mom and my oldest daughter sarah. This was taken 2 days before we found out she only had 2-3 weeks left. It is in the Photo Gallery.

Angie

Kirsty 04-12-2001 10:48 AM

2 and a quarter hours to go...

hey girls,
our server is back (booh). at least i can still get internet and email when it's down. perhaps there is a god after all. ;)
speaking of showers, i never used the communal ones at my gym for ages. but, once i lost a bit of weight i felt more confident to try them. and believe it or not, it actually makes you feel better about yourself because you get exposed to such a variety of shapes and sizes. i still find it awkward if i know any of the people in there. but i much prefer going to work all fresh (i go to the gym first thing you see). and then, once i'd got confident enough to shower naked, they put partitions between the showers! but you still see people stand in the middle of the changing rooms completely starkers while i am tucked into a corner/cubicle!
angie - fantastic loss! well done.
jen - i always find it amazing when i'm full and under points. that is the beauty about WW, you really can eat whatever you like (you just gotta be able to "buy" it with your points! no interest free overdraft here!).
belle - i'm completely knackered as well! i can't wait to go home tonight cos i have the place to myself (flatmate on easter hols already). tomorrow is pamper day for me. gym, then back home for extensive hair removing session (anyone else use an epilator on their legs?). thought i better make an effort! ;)
stacey - don't move to england, you get more holidays if you live in scotland!
trish - i would prob just leave the ex alone. it sounds a bit like you're trying to relieve your conscience rather than make him feel better. he's prob totally over it anyhow. if he does reply to your original email then maybe say something, but otherwise i'd forget it. saying all that, keep us posted on what you do!! good to hear you're getting into your old clothes!
angie - that is such a sad story. you must be so strong to have coped. i can't think what else to say.

hokey, must go work. darn. hope you all have a fantastic easter and i'll see you all on tuesday!

kirsty

ps go easy on the chocolate - i don't want to hear any horror stories of creme egg binges!

Lolabooey 04-12-2001 10:54 AM

Back from the beyond......

Hi gang,

Just thought I'd drop a note because I've been negligent for the past few days. I an officially WW leader-ing... I had my first two meetings yesterday. They were great! I think I did pretty well, and definitely showed my enthusiasm for the program. Let's hope it's contagious!
I have spotted one potential problem with one of my meetings though. In one, there are a few women that have very little weight to lose (<10#s). I notice that the other women tend to resent that. I think I will have to keep reiterating the old "it's the same struggle for everyone" line. I mean, I admire a person who can join WW to lose 10. I wish I had been able to stop myself at 10, and I hope that from now on I will. It's just too bad when people make negative comments about "slim" people in WW. Have any of you had this experience?
Trish I think the biggest thing in this situation is to do something that lets him know that you want to make him feel good, not yourself feel better. That's the funny thing with guilt. Sometimes we unburden ourselves so that we can have a clean conscience, but we end up making someone else feel bad. I think you should follow your gut.
Belle I had to comment on your post yesterday, I'm glad you loved the concert (I saw them years ago at the Big O -- great show) but this b/f thing got me mad. You were obviously joking, and he crapped all over you. Why is it that he defends the way that the ex dressed but had no problem telling you that you are a bad dresser? And then you're the one who's supposed to apologize? The fact is: you are his g/f. She is not. The reason that you are (justifiably) sensitive about his relationship with her is because he has given you every reason to be. I don't get this guy.
Sorry to be so abrupt. My opinion only, remember.

Belle2000 04-12-2001 11:05 AM

Lola, you sound just like my sister Kristin...that was her response too - she said, well, who is his present g/f??? Not her....it does make sense and I appreciate your boldness!! I realize more and more that i was not wrong in this case, and that he was the one baiting me to say her name as well.....I was goign to refrain.

Angie - your story made me cry. I can't imagine losing my mom either! You must be so much stronger b/c of that. I am sorry she missed your baby coming into the world. Do you ever think that a part of her lives in your baby??

Kirsty - I think if I got more confident I'll have the shower too - just to see if I CAN!! You know? might help in the confidence dept.!!! I guess knackered means tired?? I love your language Kirsty....

Gotta moter - lots to do...

Belle

Kirsty 04-12-2001 11:11 AM

i do know words not associated with "it"

hey belle, i'm sure i read somewhere that knackered technically means "tired because of lots of shagging". :devil: sadly that ain't true in my case cos BF is away till tomorrow night. it's so unfair, he had to go to edinburgh with work! lucky boy. i haven't been back there in ages.

Belle2000 04-12-2001 11:30 AM

Knackered

That reminds me of in Austin Powers 2 after he and vanessa are done he goes "And I'm Spent". My b/f does that lots.

I loved Edinbourough. It was so aesthetically pleasing and fun!! Met a guy with bag pipes on the street who had lived at the army base outside of CAlgary for a while...nice scottish man, should have taken him back home with me!! YUMMY!! Men in kilt......works for me! He was a goodlooking redhead too! Just like my b/f. The first redhead I have ever dated...and I was not disappointed.

Belle

Kirsty 04-12-2001 12:05 PM

men in kilts

when i get married i'd love it if all the blokes wore kilts. i've already asked BF if he'd ever wear a kilt. sadly, i doubt it. still, at least i know my dad will (a girl can always rely on her daddy). as long as he wears underpants that is (why don't men realise that they can't sit with their legs apart when they're in kilts!?).
belle - in the uk we call people with red hair "ginger". do red-haired people get teased a lot over there? it seems to be the only acceptable minority group to pick on these days over here...(not that i would of course :angel: )