View Poll Results: How long have you been a WW?
0-3 months 2 9.52%
3-6 months 3 14.29%
6-9 months 4 19.05%
9 months - 1 year 3 14.29%
1-1 1/2 years 2 9.52%
1 1/2 - 2 years 1 4.76%
2-2 1/2 years 1 4.76%
2 1/2 - 3 years 3 14.29%
3 years or more! 0 0%
I'm not a WW member. 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 01:05 AM   #1  
Go Avalanche!!

Thumbs down

Good Morning all! Make sure you check out that last of yesterday's thread. Casey and I have BIG news!! Woohoo! Even with the candy I ended up at 22 points for Wednesday! Yeah! What that little bit of determination can do for a person.

I've been up late working on PL stuff, so I thought I would start the new thread. Things are going so well! I'm at a point where things are just waiting to explode in a good way. When they do my income from this little candle business will double. My dream of quitting my job is getting that much closer! I can't tell you how empowering that is. It's amazing how each thing in our lives effects the other part. I gained a lot of the mental/emotional skills I use in my business through WW actually. WW has done so many incredible things for me beyond a new eating/exercising lifestyle. It's priceless!

My puppy is a complete spazoid. I don't know what's gotten into him. Let's just say it's going to be time for some snip snip soon. Poor guy I'm gaining quickly on comatose mode so I will sign off and go to bed. Hey, Kirsty's probably about ready to get going for the day while I'm writing this. Did you drink a cocktail for me?
Old 03-29-2001, 04:32 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default me, awake at 6am!?

honey - i was tucked up in bed sleeping off the long island iced teas when you wrote that!
and after a momentous journey to work thanks to a ridiculous tube strike i have arrived. lots of work to do, so no time to post properly. great thread yesterday. well done brenda and casey on the losses!
more later,
kirsty

ps actually i guess it was about 7am, but i was still asleep! for some reason whoever set the UK time on here hasn't twigged that the clocks have already gone forward.
Old 03-29-2001, 06:24 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default i have a wife!

hooray! my best friend linda has come down from edinburgh for job interviews in london. but because of the tube strike she isn't going to fly back up to scotland till the weekend. so today she is stuck in my flat (watching angel videos!) and has offered to cook me dinner. i've left her my WW cookbooks and told her where the supermarket is. so now i have my own little housewife busy planning and preparing my dinner! hee hee! i do hope she warms up my slippers for me...
Old 03-29-2001, 07:17 AM   #4  
Crime Fighter

Good morning!

Congratulations to Casey and Brenda on those fantastic losses!!
All these puppy stories are making me want one!! I can hardly wait until I can get a dog! I know, they can be a pain, but the world just isn't so bad when you have a dog's head on your lap...
Kirsty YOu may have been asked this before, but how long have you been maintaining your weight? You are an inspiration! Who are the other maintainers on the Board?

Have a great day!

L.
Old 03-29-2001, 07:54 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

lola - i got to goal in december 1999 (i started WW in august 1999). and i've been maintaining ever since, so that must be a year and 3 months and a few days!
Old 03-29-2001, 08:48 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning ladies!

Brenda - Woo Hoo on the 2.6... awesome. Good for you!

Casey - WOW. 4.25 - that's excellent.

Kirsty - You ARE an inspiration. Maintaining for over a year? That's so wonderful.

I was thinking about maintanance a few months ago. I remember always reading SELF magazine's success stories and seeing that they all exercised like 5 times a week. And I'd think "i'll never be able to do that." I used to get so frustrated. I'm still a little frustrated - I mean I feel like I've worked my @ss of to lose these 20 pounds, and I still have SO FAR to go. At least I'm doing the exercise thing. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed.

My roommate makes these AWESOME chicken enchaladas that I love. Well, we're having people over tonight for dinner and everyone requested the enchaladas. I was a bit worried. But last night, I took all the ingrediants and added up all the info to figure out the points. I talked Marcy (my roomie) into using half regular cheese and half lowfat cheese and she said okay... so I got them down to 8 points a piece. So I'm gonna have 1 1/2 enchaladas tonight for 12 points. Plus 18 baked toritilla chips for 2 points and salsa - grand total 14 points. ANd I planned the rest of my day around that. That gives me 13 points to work with.

See, though... I did this - but it took effort. I'm mainly scared of having to make such a big effort for the rest of my life.

Losing this weight is THE most important thing to me right now. And I want to do this... I'm just feeling overwhlemed and worried.

I hope I'm not bringing people down. I just am having "one of those days."

Thanks girls!
Lisa
Old 03-29-2001, 08:49 AM   #7  

Congratulations to casey and brenda!!! I bit the bullet and tallied my points from the other day and it wasn't as bad as I had thought...did well yesterday-I tried a new recipe for seafood fra diavolo and it came out awesome! I'm also psyched b/c I found Aunt Jemima low fat frozen pancakes in the market-1 serving is three pancakes for three points! Whoo hoo-I love pancakes...
I also made my goal of exersizing yesterday...so we'll see what happens this week at weigh in....
This apt hunting sucks-BF wants to buy a two family house and rent out one half to me and one half to a tenant(I don't want to live together yet)...my mom is totally against this idea of course....economically speaking it's a good idea-BF says we could get a head start on paying for a place that we would live in together-he'd take on the mortgage(b/c I can't buy a place yet financially) and I'd pay rent...but I feel a little weird about it too...bye for now-lori
Old 03-29-2001, 09:29 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default 1 day till Friday!!

Hi everyone. I am still on track... YAH. I even did my Self Strength Training last night. Sadie tried to grab the dumbbells everytime I lowered them. She is a crazy dog!! I also ate within my points AGAIN, and that included a snack of brownies!! Oh and I put 2 1/2-3 years on WW... but I took 9+ months off for a pregnancy! I can't believe I have been following it for that long!

BRENDA.... YAHOOOO FOR YOU. Nothing like a good loss to keep you motivated! Don't forget to change your signature!! Also, we NEVER buy stuffed chew toys anyone.... 1) same reason as you, the slimy kong is bad enough, the stuffed toys are usually dripping!!! YUCK! 2) She is now 70 pounds and HUGE, she could chew up a house if she wanted too!!!

Casey... YAH FOR YOU TOO!! I haven't been to WW in 2 1/2 weeks because of travelling. I hope for a loss too!! Hope my travels didn't put me too far over!!

Kirsty... I am Jealous.. wish my hubby would make me dinner. Well, he does, but he isn't the greatest cook, but he's learning. When we first started dating he was aweful. I am teaching him gradually, and he tries!!! He does tuck me into bed when I go to bed early. That is cute!!

Tilley.... I love enchiladas! Yah on asking her to adjust them slightly! If you want something bad enough, you will find a way to get it!!!

Well, I better skidaddle. I forgot, someone asked about eggs a couple days ago.... I had 2 hardboiled ones this morning and 1/2 grapefruit for a wonderful 5 point breakfast. Eggs are not bad for you if you have normal cholesterol. Although I have read not to eat them everyday! I love 'em!!
Old 03-29-2001, 09:52 AM   #9  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hi!

Ooohhh yummy breakfast! Toast with honey butter and peaches. Lip smackin’ good! We had another problem with the dog. My DH bought a new watch last night on the way home from work. It was a good deal, $18 as it is for work. This morning when I got up, he informed me that Nestle has jumped up on the counter got the watch and he chewed the band to shreds. My husbands comment? ‘This is where we begin about a year of him testing us’ Ummmm………help! I don’t know if I can handle this you guys. I collect pewter figurines and he had his grubby big paws up on one of the shelves investigating this morning. I don’t have $300-$400 to blow on an enclosed cabinet for my collection. My hubby doesn’t think Nes will bother the pewter, but I wouldn’t put it past him. You would not believe the list of things I came up with that I am going to have to change around the house. With him being able to get up on the counters and the table I’m in puppy HE double hockey sticks!

Kirsty: Still in bed at 6am? Oh man, I have to get up at 5 b/c I work at 7. But I love getting off at 4 though. I wish we truly had 8 hour days. We have to work 9’s so we can have our hour lunch. I know, whine, whine Pass that housewife my way when you’re done with her? How nice of her to fix you dinner.

Lisa: It’s such a battle for me to exercise at all, I don’t know either how I will be able to get in the habit. I know it’s the key to me getting to goal, that’s just the part where determination is nil. We all have a little different area that is the hardest for us. I probably will have to make the kind of effort you are talking about my whole life. I think that’s another key to being a successful WW, accepting the fact that we will have to deal with these issues and work hard at it for the rest of our lives. Once you come to accept that (if not be happy about it all the time) in a way it makes it easier. I know you can do it and we are here for you!

Lori: I love pancakes too!

Jen: I did change my sig! Heheheheeeee.....

Trish: How are you today??

All the rest, come out come out wherever you are!
Old 03-29-2001, 09:53 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Got to class early today

CONGRATS Brenda and CAsey ;D I'm psyched for you

i havent posted in 2 days b/c all i have been reading is textbooks gr damn profs

Jen my dog will carry around a dumbell when im working out its tooo funny
Lori I kinda agree with your mom in a way b/c you dont want to have to pay bills to your bf things could get wierd that way

Lisa I know what you mean about maintenance
I have lost weight quite a few times and I always manage to get kicked in the arse by the old habits BUT if you think about it not as a diet but as a lifestyle change you're altering your behavior for the long term So theres a light at the end of the tunnel
Ps Maybe you could post your roomies recipe for the enchiladas

Brenda be prepared for your pup to be more spunky after the snipping My Murph found his barking voice after his guys were gone

Ok so its confession time Im sitting here with a liter bottle of diet coke I havent had soda since february but i didnt have time to stop for coffee and was afraid my van driver would make me throw it out She has a history of this on a healthier note I have 2 ziplock sandwich bags with cheerios in it one for breakfast and one for a low points snack Im having the girls over for dinner and I have to cook Kosher which is a first for this shiksa anywho class is startign soooo IM outtie
Love Kier
Old 03-29-2001, 09:53 AM   #11  
Parrothead

Default Good Morning all!

Congrats Brenda and Casey!
That is a fabulous loss!

Everyone else is doing soooo good as well!

I love cadbury creme eggs. I get addicted easly, so I don't buy them anymore.

Lori ~ Good for you to tally even the bad days! I have been eating those pancakes for years. They used to only be 2 pts. per serving according to the old plan . They are very filling and taste evil!

Brenda ~ Thats wonderful that PL is going so well. I wish I had the courage to do that. I love going to PL parties, but no one around here has them. Maybe I could corner the market *evil grin*!

Kirsty ~ A year! What an accomplishment! I hope I can do that!

To everyone else ~ Have a fab day! I gotta run, but I'll check in later!
Kay
Old 03-29-2001, 10:01 AM   #12  

Good morning! One more day til Friday!! Whoo!!!

A big "CONGRATS" to Casey and Brenda, you guys are my idols!!! I am praying for a loss this week, even one pound!!!!!

Jen ~ Way to lift those weights. Isn't it amazing how time flys when you are following the plan, that goes to show it isn't that difficult of a plan to follow!!!

Lori ~ Good luck with the living situation. I understand where your BF is coming from, you will have to sit down and weigh all the pros and cons, paying rent sucks! DH and I are building our first (and last) home next year, it will be so nice to actually own something!

Lisa ~ I think it is so important to plan out your eating day, I really think it helps to stay OP. Your dinner sounds awesome, I love chicken enchiladas!!!! BTW, you are doing an awesome job losing, keep up the good work!!!

Good morning Lola!!!

Kirsty ~ I wish I had a wife!!! (LOL!!) I would love to come home to dinner being made and slippers ready!! Actually my DH loves cooking and is great at it, he is just never home (who invented work, anyway?!??) Enjoy your dinner!!

Hello to everyone else!!!

Well, as for me, I am still "super single mom" this week, and the kids and I are doing just fine. I have been staying OP, but at the higher end of my points each day, but I have been walking 2 miles each day over my lunch break, so I should do just fine at WI on Sat.

It is raining here today, so I guess it is a good day to work. I am making spaghetti tonight, and my brother, mom and dad are coming over for supper. I make my own spaghetti sauce, which is meat-free, so I just need to count the noodles.

Well, not much else new, so I better get back to work....see ya a little later.....
Old 03-29-2001, 10:07 AM   #13  
Scotland's finest export

Default cakes are everywhere!

heeeeelp! someone decided to buy some lovely cakes from marks (which you'll be very sad to hear lolly, are going to close all their overseas branches - buy from the spanish branch while you can!).
there's chocolate cake, lemon drizzle cake and another one (i've not dared go closer to look!). i'm going to be good cos i know the stuff my friend is making tonight will use up all my points. and then some once you add in booze! good job i've got a long walk to the overground train (none of the underground ones are working)....that should make up a few points.
anyhow. i want lots of don't eat the cake emails and support!! i know i can be strong today. just wish they weren't within visual range! so here is a piccie of one to make you guys feel the same as me!

Last edited by Kirsty; 03-29-2001 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-29-2001, 10:08 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default Brenda and Casey

OH MY GOD!! Well done! I am very very impressed with your losses!

I gotta run to a meeting......I am so beat - packed last night, and tonite again...YIKES

Belle
Old 03-29-2001, 10:10 AM   #15  

Kirsty ~

NO CAKE!!!!!!! Try to associate the cake with something awful tasting!!! (Cow manure cake? Sorry, that is gross!)

Closed Thread