Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 09:25 AM   #1  
Princess Buttercup

Talking

Morning!

Thought I'd move us on up to #75. 74 was getting pretty full.

Well Viv sure picked the "perfect" week for Florida. I saw it snowing in NYC this morning on the Today Show! Hey Viv thinking about you!

I'm doing great on WW. I've made 10% and got my keychain. I'm soooo proud of it! lol I lost 1.4 last week.

Ellie, I've stored that date in my brain. I'll have to check but I don't think we've got vacation the last week of July. think it's the 3 week? that would be so much fun if we could meet up sometime.......hey you wanna go to Kings Island?! lol how are you doing on WW? .....I don't have your email addy anymore---email sometimes!

Robin, good for you getting out with your dh. where are you going to go? ......I can't remember the last time I did that.....oops, yes I can lol it was in Florida for dinner at Victoria and Alberts!

WOW! Lynn! 12 pounds! you go girl! that's great! what are you doing different? ----- I'm glad to hear your dh is doing so well!

Cindy, Linn, Mookie, CAB.......everyone!

Theresa
Old 03-26-2001, 11:08 AM   #2  

Morning Everyone!

Theresa - WAY TO GO GIRL!!!! Sounds like your feeling much better too! How are the kids doing? I hope they are as chipper as you sound.

My weekend was another hairy one! Friday night Foxy (our female pom) couldn't stop coughing even to catch her breath! We rushed her to the Emergency Animal Care and they put her in an oxygen tent and took x-rays to find out that she had a ton of fluid in her lungs and her heart is large. She stayed overnight and came home Saturday morning. She is doing much better, but my wallet isn't $520.00. She goes into our vet tonight to be checked again. Unreal, she and Les have the same problems lol.

On the good side of things, my attorney called to check in with me this morning. Seems that Home Depot now has changed their story totally. Homer could have blown over by the amount of wind in the entrance way and they will take on liability to my claim. Isn't it amazing what the word "attorney" can do. LOL So now we just have to get my leg to respond and work it's self out and go to settlement. Should be interesting.

As for how I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks, it's called "SCARED TO DEATH" and the fact that the hospital food really stank. Add on the fact that I got sick with it and wala there you have it. But I have been watching everything that goes into my mouth and fruits and veggies are tops on my list.

Hope your having a great time at WDW VIV!!!!! Enjoy and soak up some sun for me.

Don't know if I told you all, but DH and I have decided to do a Hawaii Vacation for our 20 Anniversary next year. Went to the travel agent and we are going to fly to Hawaii and then cruise our way around the islands. Right now I want to be there instead of plan it, but I can't wait for sure.

Hope everyone else is doing well and staying well.

Talk to you all later.

Lynn
Old 03-26-2001, 11:21 AM   #3  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

I was MIA this weekend, a classmate of my son was killed in a car accident and we went to the funeral, and I wasn't in the mood for posting. This girl was one of the first kids I kept in my babysitting service. SHe and CHristopher have been friends for 13 years. The accident was less than 1/2 mile from her house, and from our house, her family is torn up, as well as the graduating seniors. Please remember AIMEE and her family in your prayers.

Theresa-way to go on getting your 10% key chain!!!! Keep up the good work.

Lynn-thats quite a bill for your dog, sorry you had to go through that. Its good to see that Homer is going to be responible for the damages to your leg. How are the kids doing?

later
cindy
Old 03-26-2001, 06:26 PM   #4  

Default hello....

i have a minute before i have to cook dinner....

theresa - that's great on making your 10%, congratulations.

lynn - if it's not one thing, it's another with you here lately....you poor thing, sorry to hear about your dog...and glad that home depot is finally going to do the right thing. i want to go to hawaii sooooo bad....that would be a nice 10 yr for me and dh, that means i have 3 more years to go!!! oh well.....

cindy - that is awful about your sons friend...is he doing okay? as well as you? i just hate hearing things like that...did you read my last post? it explained where we are from dallas....take care, and post when ya can.

nothing going on here with me, i mentioned that i wanted to go out to dinner with dh on friday and i just got an email from charlies soccer coach saying that we have a makeup game friday night at 7! i just can't get a break....dieting is non-existent at the moment, i have a dr appt tomorrow to discuss some other options and get a referral to a dermatologist..i have never had a problem with acne and all of sudden i have yucky pimples, it is really starting to irritate me....probably stress from my darling children, evan has turned into a little stinker.

oh yeah....we lost everything on our hard drive saturday, and i mean everything...i thought dh was going to cry...anyway, when ya'll get a chance re-send me your email addys since i lost them all...or if anyone has a list i would appreciate it.

bye for now.......robin
Old 03-28-2001, 09:09 AM   #5  

Good Morning,

Hope all are doing well today????? LOL

Things here are quiet for the time being. Barry had a migraine yesterday, but after talking to a couple of friends and Rachel I think it was weather related. Between everyone that I talked to we knew about 10 people all with migraines. Interesting huh?

Cindy - I am so sorry about the tragedy and loss that you and your family, especially your son have had to go through. My thoughts and prayers are there for all of you. Take care of your son and yourself.

Robin - I have decided that it no longer rains here, it POURS! I QUIT! I walked into the house the other night after taking Foxy to the vets and just stood there and cried. Then I went out and took a long walk. By the time I got back I realized that most of my body was frozen. It's been in the 20's here at night and it was about 6:30 when I went out. At least it let me get something out of my system. Don't exactly know what though. Thanks for worrying about me.

I actually have a dermatology appt. today (imagine that, something for me LOL) and I did get my gyn appt moved up from May 16 to April 11. Can't wait to at least get that over with and get it off my mind!

Hi to everyone else and WHERE IS EVERYONE, NO ONE IS POSTING LATELY. Plenty of people peeking in to see what's going on, but no typers. LOL

Take care,
Lynn
Old 03-28-2001, 11:18 AM   #6  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for Aimee and my son.

WE went to the funeral on saturday, and I tell you I have NEVER seen so many people at one funeral. The ride to the cemetary took forever, it was quite a honor to her parents to see so many friends care.

My son is fine, he still says things about her, and about the memorial they set up at school, but luckily kids bounce back alot quicker.

Robin-yes, I did see where you live very close to Dallas. I'm not famailar with Dallas or the town that you live in, but if we ever get back to Dallas, I will let you know and we can meet.

Lynn-how is your dog? and how is the HOMER doing? Is he still standing at Home Depot? LOL

Later
cindy
Old 03-29-2001, 07:38 PM   #7  
Princess Buttercup

Hi Guys!

How's everyone doing out there? We're all getting over terrible chest colds--me included. My 6th grader just came down with it this week. He missed school on monday, felt fine on tues so he went to school, then Weds felt bad again. he's feeling better now, just got a nasty sounding cough and "snot" nose! lol

I'm doing fairly well on WW, I still need to reverse bank 2 points this week. I have to do it tomorrow as my week ends on Friday! lol wish me luck!

Cindy, that's just terrible about Aimee, I'm so sorry! thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lynn, thanks for the congrats! --- sorry to hear about your dog. ouch on the $500! ----good for you chosing a long walk instead of food! I'm proud of you.

Robin, thanks for your congrats too what happened to WW? you were doing so well! how'd your doc's appt turn out? --- I'll send you my email addy on PM.

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? kids are on spring break next week AND dh is on vacation-----oh I feel a headache coming on! ROFL!

Hey when's Viv getting back......bet she got a great tan! hurry home Viv we miss ya!

oh one more thing, have any of you tried Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches?! 2 pts and the are HEAVEN!

see ya, Theresa
Old 03-30-2001, 08:43 AM   #8  

Hi everyone--
It's a rainy, rainy day here. I have a boring house day planned of laundry, housework & paperwork -- fun, fun. I have to get our tax stuff together, pay bills --ughh.
Cindy -- Sorry about Aimee. What a sad story. Kids may seem like they bounce back fast, but I bet your son is affected to his core. So sad, so permanent.
Theresa -- back to OP even when sick -- very good. Don't forget -- "this is your year"
Lynn -- any good news down there? I thought bad things happened in 3's not 103's LOL. Hope all is well soon.
Viv (SB Goddess) -- welcome back -- hope your trip was great.
Robin -- I'm with you -- let's get our act together... forever !!
Okay, ellie-- it's Friday -- come say "hi"
Have a great weekend.
Old 03-30-2001, 07:48 PM   #9  

Default hi

Linn--It is Fri. Hi!

Robin--I sympathize with you on the hard drive. It's a killer to lose everything.

Cindy--So sorry about your young friend. The funeral of a young person is one of the saddest things I know.

Lynn--Glad your dog is doing better. Hawaii for your 20th sounds lovely. Our 20th is in June. Hawaii would be great but Wisconsin is what we can afford (barely) so we'll try to make that nice.

Theresa--10%! Congrats! We'll be in KY that week of July 31. Maybe we can meet up somewhere halfway. Around Lexington is the furthest north we have in the plans at the moment.

I'm losing track of people's email addr. too. Here's mine if anyone needs it:
[email protected]

I'm not doing so well at WW. I need to do better. I'd love to lose my 10% I guess I need to get in gear and do it then, don't I? I'm going to set a goal of 5lbs. a month. That should be achieveable. I generally do fairly ok on exercise but I just eat too much. I think I'll try to give up sugar. Do you think that's possible?

We took some cash out of investments and plan to put on a screen porch. Hope it turns out well. These things make me very nervous.

Also bought a new kitchen table today. My mom is giving it to us as an anniv. present. (Anniversary isn't until June but our current table broke so we get it early.) I hope we like it as much as we think we will. You know how these things are. In the store is one thing. In your house is another.

Well, spring break here and everyone we know is in Hawaii or Florida. So we're pet sitting. I can't wait for the extra dog and gerbil to go home. They're a lot of extra work in addition to our own dog and rabbit.

We spent a couple of days visiting my cousin and her family and one day when we went to pick up her boys from school they weren't there. The school was empty. Everybody was at the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning! Scary. Fortunately, everyone was ultimately ok.

Ellie
Old 03-30-2001, 09:09 PM   #10  
gettn' strong in 2002

Hey there
Sorry I've been scarce; I'm trying to get some painting orders done.
It's still cool here. I just came in from a walk/jog and my lungs are burnn'. My ears ache too; the air is still cool for that!
We still have snow in our trees and I guess it's suppose to snow on Sunday

WW is finally going well. I'm making this happen. I've been starting my tracking with my supper meal. I find it better (for me) because with the normal way.........you are usually done for the night after supper. This way I can eat in the evenings(but really, I don't! just because I CAN.....ya know??). I can keep myself from thinking about food better during the day rather at night.
Understand??
Anyways........I lost 1.5 this week and I hope it works again.
Also, dh replied 'yes' to his 30th reunion in July

Have a great weekend
Old 03-30-2001, 11:56 PM   #11  
LIFETIMER

Theresa-Good luck at weigh in tomorrow! Enjoy your week with DH and the kids.

Linn-you're right, my son is still deeply affected by this accident. I can see by the way he acts.

Ellie-Hi, thats pretty scary about that Carbon Monoxide poisioning! Is everyone OK?

Farmbabe-congrats on losing 1.5 this week. Keep up the good work!

I had my monthly weigh in last night, and lost 1.2 pounds.

later
cindy
Old 03-31-2001, 08:06 PM   #12  
gettn' strong in 2002

Way to go on the loss, Cindy

Theresa - I never did mention your 10%. Congrats

I can't wait to get mine.

I'm very nauseated; I gotta go rest; just feeling icky.
Old 04-02-2001, 09:00 AM   #13  
LIFETIMER

good Morning.

I got alot of walking in this weekend------to make up for eating some of my son's birthday cake and we also went out to eat.

Farmbabe-NAUESEATED!!?!?!?!!?!?!?! Are you holding out on us?????

VIV---are you back from Disney yet??????

Yall have a good one.

cindy
Old 04-02-2001, 10:20 AM   #14  
Princess Buttercup

Default time change......UGH!

Morning!

....anyone else dragging today?! I don't do well with change! why can't they just leave the time alone?! lol

Had a slight + at WW Sat morning..... .2 I'll do better this week......I honestly think the + was due to my period.........cause last week I did pretty well......this past weekend was a total bust though! so I'm starting fresh today!

Yeah, Jill, I'm thinking the SAME thing Cindy is thinking! LMAO.....wouldn't that be fun.....we could be cyber aunties again!

Hi Ellie, do you still have my email addy? if not let me know. I'd love to meet you.....just not sure of dh's call schedule yet ?? What are you doing in Lexington? it's a pretty area----I've been there twice.

Viv, are ya back yet?! tell us everything!!!

Hi Linn, I hear ya on the laundry.....it's never ending at my house.....ugh!

Lynn, how's your leg/foot?? how's is going with the kids? are the pitching in any better? my 12 yr old must have had a "testosterone surge" cause he's got a mouth and attitude you wouldn't believe.......he'd better straighten up or he'll be grounded this week for springbreak! lol

need to hit the treadmill.....ugh! lol

see ya, Theresa
Old 04-02-2001, 10:55 AM   #15  
viv

Default Why do I live here?

Hi All...
yes, we're back in H*ll now...lol....went from perfect sunshine to 30s and rainy and grey and dirty snow on the ground.....I am not happy!

Disney was absolutely awesome. all my planning paid off. Despite healthy crowds we hardly sootd on any lines (can someone tell me what IQ you need to use FastPass????) and did EVERYTHING we wanted to. Harry did RockinRollercoaster 5 times, ToT 4 times, Space Mtn 5 times, etc.....Buzz 4 times, etc.....I was amazed at Animal Kingdom, would love to go back and sit with a coffee in Africa and just soak it all in - the detail is amazing.

Saw all the evniing shows we wanted to, really handled the meals economically. Most days we had breakfast in the car on the way in (toasted bagels, etc, in our gorgeous, big condo which was 5 minutes from the parks), packed in lunch and snacks...one day we did a late lunch at Epcot, at Norway, which we loved. It was a smorgasbord with all kinds of interesting foods, lots of lox which we love, herrings, shrimp. Harry was very adventurous while Brendan had a hot dog. We had a lunch at Whispering Canyons in the Wilderness Lodge which was average, no fun servers that day, but the Lodge is so beautiful. We did snacks at the Prime Time and misbehaved so that the servers were constantly "yelling" at us....and did some fast food one night at Pecos Bills which was very very good. Other than that we cooked in and relaxed, or got takeout sushi....

We also took the kids to Pleasure Island an took in two shows at the Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurer's Club ( i had wanted to do that for soooooo long! - Kungaloosh!). That was great. Once again, tho, I am enthralled with the job Disney does and spoke to every Cast Member I could, which DH found annoying but I found enlightening. Now I want my kids to work there during college vacations. Did OK on SB for the first 5 days, then went downhill from there, but with all the walking seems the most I may have picked up was one pound, which is fine, I am back OP 100% and happy to be there.

After WDW we went to Boca for my BF's son's bar mitzvah.I got together with Debbie from the SB board and she was great. Although my time was limited we went to a store called D'Lights and ate low carb ice cream (yummmmmmm) and chatted and totally enjoyed. She is so dedicated to the plan and has lost over 90 lbs...she's only 5'1"!

The Barmitzvah was a blast - they had a production company handling it - the DJ was incredible as were his dancers and I got a great aerobic workout. My kids were in shock the whole time at the magnitude of the thing. As the youngest kids there, and only knowing the BM boy, theyweren't as outgoing as I had hoped, but will ahve great memories. It was a baseball theme, I took photos but unfortuantely none of the decor, darn.

So now we are back in miserable weather and I will continue my fantasy of moving to FLA. When we got off the plane DH said to me "So, it DOES get nice here in the summer, right???"

In the middle of the trip, we did get the news that my father does have lung cancer. Now we are waiting to see what stage it is in. I am praying that since the catscan didn't show it that it is small enough to be operable. I also was able to see my way clearly that I need to somehow get him here for suergery, etc. I have some decent connections in the medical community and once I know more about his disease I will get to work on what to do. I just can't do this 3000 miles away without his wife, and she is out of the picture, may she rot in h*ll (sorry, but that's the way I feel). So I will keep you posted.

cindy - what a terrible tragedy. This is stuff that most of us read about and luckily don't experience. I am sure you are providing your son with the best emotional support ever.

Everyone else - I'll get to you someday. Just watned to hop on and check in and let you know the good and the bad. Thanks for all the welcome backs.

Viv
Closed Thread