Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 07:25 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Fabulous 40's & then some.........#139

Figured I'd start a new thread

Terri, I'm happy to hear you had a Happy Birthday. I feel bad that Bruce will be gone for awhile. Thank God you have the kids to keep you company.

When I came in to check on the new posts I loved how colorful it looked. Since I have a new computer I have to start all over with new GIF's.

Well, I have to get ready for my orientation at Curves. I'll keep you posted.

Have a great day Buddies.

Last edited by EsRios426; 03-28-2003 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:46 AM   #2  

Es,
Thanks. I feel bad too. I just took him to the airport.
I feel so weird. He was crying and that tore me up.
I hope it goes fast and problem free. I hate all the flying.
Hope you like Curves.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:11 AM   #3  

Good Morning,

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TERRI!!

Sounds like you had a nice birthday, so sorry that Bruce has to be gone for 6 weeks. Will you get to visit him while he is in Colorado? Wow, you recieved Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, that is my favorite musical!!

ES, how was curves today?

OOPS, I just looked at the time, I better jump in the shower, I've got a test at 9 am this morning, I NEED TO STUDY A FEW MINUTES BEFORE SCHOOL!!

I'll come back this afternoon to say hello to the rest of you.

Have a good day!

RUTH
Old 03-28-2003, 08:16 AM   #4  

Ruth,
Hope you did well on the test today.
Bruce will come home for the weekend at Easter and then he will come back on May 20 and then 2 days later we will all go to Col. Springs with him for the summer and then we will come back for school and he will stay until October. It is a 6 mo. duty. Can't wait until Halloween. Never thought I'd say that.
I love Seven Brides... My daughter loves it too. We watched it already.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:40 AM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Glad you birthday was good I hope the 6 months go by quickly for you! It sounds as tho you'll be in CO alot longer than last year? I know how much you like it there...something to look forward to!

Ruth,
good luck on the test

Es,
hope you like Curves

have a good Friday!
~Jen
Old 03-28-2003, 12:35 PM   #6  

Terri
It sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday but bittersweet farewell today. I know the time will pass quickly. Steve and I were apart for 1.5 years. (he finished school before me and got a job in Boston.) We would see each other every couple of weekends. It gives you something to look forward to.

Es,
How was curves? I was good yesterday exercise wise anyway. 30 min treadmill, 30 min lifecycle, and 2 mile walk. Pointswise I went over, but I had had a rough counseling session. I needed chocolate

Ruth,
Good luck on that test!

Donna,
How did your Dr apt go? I hope everything is OK.

Hi to Sandy, Jen, Zoe and Dianne,
Hugs,
JanieD
Old 03-28-2003, 03:18 PM   #7  

OMG! Someone take me out and shoot me!! I am such a pig! I had a salad with grilled chicken and then to top it off I had ring dings. Then one of my co-workers was selling candy and I bought a hershey AND kitkats! Holy moly, I can't stop

Well, I'll just chuck it off to a REALLY BAD DAY, and try to get back on track tomorrow. I can't say later because I already know its just not gonna happen - I will continue to pig out for the rest of the night.

SAVE ME!!!!!!!!

Oh, well, tomorrow's another day.............

Hugs to everyone,
Dianne
Old 03-28-2003, 06:23 PM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Welcome to my life! You know it's just a temporary lapse..and you'll be back OP tomorrow. It's when those kind of days follow one after the other that we have to worry.....

Es,
How was Curves? I'm hoping you liked it, it'd be cool for you to have a new place to work out at.

I drove into the city for a haircut today. I continue to go to my guy cause the price is good and he knows my hair. Joe hates short hair and swears that each time I get a cut, it's shorter. NOT! He just has a mental block and doesn't realize that it's been the same for about 4 years now. Only the color changes

It's been dark and raining all day here, I'm glad to be home. I've got pizza crust going in the bread machine, so dinner is a no-brainer. Just have to stick with my 2 pieces

Have a great Friday evening, everyone! Even tho I'm no longer working, Friday continues to be my favorite day of the week

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 03-29-2003 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:28 AM   #9  

Angry

Hi Girls,

I just woke up a 1/2 hour ago to an email that has me so stressed out I have a headache! David emailed me to tell me he was at a light & got hit from behind. He didn't say he was hurt but his friend was with him & his back hurts. When it's not one thing it's another. His trunk is all pushed in.

Be back later. Have to call my sister.

Love you's,
Es

Old 03-29-2003, 10:59 AM   #10  

Morning everyone:

Es- I'm sorry about David and the car, I hope he's okay. Please let us know, amiga.

Terri - Sorry about Bruce leaving. I hope the time goes by quickly and I know you and the kids will look forward to summer in Colorado. You seemed to really enjoy it last year. Glad you had a good birthday.

Janie - Great job on the exercising girl.

Jen - When you say you "go into the city" you do mean Chicago right? I know what you mean about going to the same person for a haircut. Once you like what someone does, you want to stay with that person. I found a place near the University - they charge a little high, but do a good job. So, I usually wait untill I can't stand it anymore and then I go get the cut.

Hey ZoeGirl - How ya doing? How's little Zoe - that cutey~

Donna - How did your appointment with the Dr. go?

Ruth - How did your test go?

Hi Sandy - how are you?

Well, gotta go get my nails done - they're starting to look a bit raggedy. Then, we're off to see Jessa and the gang. We have to get our "Jessa fix"

Oh, I meant to ask does anyone know how to use the "signature" feature on here? Terri??? HINT... HINT I finally changed my "avatar", but there doesn't seem to be anything to click on for the signature.

Hope everyone has a great day - and I'll talk to you's tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-29-2003, 11:47 AM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday Morning my Friends ~

I just got in from my Weight Watcher meeting. Today, the first time in 7 months of attending, I chose not to weigh. My scale at home didn't really go up much, maybe "point 2" but I just had a bad week and a 'point 2' gain last week. I really didn't want to see any gain, if there was one. So next week, I am planning on having a great week with a big loss.

Some of you may know (and some of you have the same) My 'downfall food' is Chinese and I still haven't conquered it. In these last 7 months, I didn't have it for almost 6. Then we went to this Chinese buffet and it wasn't pretty. I had it a total of 3 times in the last 6 or so weeks (2 of those times the last 2 Saturdays) and have found that those are my weeks when the scale doesn't look good. So I think I need to keep away from it. Today will be the test ~ we will be going over to the new house and there is this wonderful Chinese buffet only 3 blocks from the house. Since being there the last 2 Saturdays, I'm not feeling strong. I'm not good at a Chinese Buffet and surely, not yet, not until I lose the rest of my weight. I only have 11.4 to go so why am I trying to sabbotage myself at every turn? <sigh>

Thanks for listening....love you guys.

Es ~ I hope David is okay. Sorry about the car though.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:31 PM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
I hope David is okay, not suffering any after-effects of the accident. That's a shame, hope his car is driveable?

Dianne,
Yes, I do mean Chicago. We used to live on the northwest side of the city, about 10 miles from downtown. Now we're in a burb that's 18 miles nw of the city limits; taking the expressway or not, it takes 30 to 45 minutes to get in...not too bad.
I know exactly what you mean about getting your "Jessa fix" Hope you have a great visit.

Zoe,
that Chinese food is really having it's way with you. That is amazing how it affect our bodies, isn't it? I don't blame you for skipping the scale this week. I've read/heard that the closer you get to goal, the harder/longer it is. You have done so well, I'm sure that last 11 will be gone soon.

We just spent the afternoon in Home Depot and then at Joe's favorite micro-brewery....a real "guy" type Saturday! There are a zillion projects to do around here, we've been picking out paint colors, checking out bathroom fixtures (will be gutting the main bath soon). Thank God Joe is handy, we save lots on labor costs!

have a great Saturday night!
~Jen
Old 03-29-2003, 08:22 PM   #13  

Angry

Hi Girls,

What a day! We spent all afternoon with David. He treated Pete & me to the Chinese Buffet. Zoe, we just can't stay away from it. I'll pay for it for the next 2 days. Drink lots of water.

Dave's trunk looks pretty bad. It was a hit & run but his friend got the license plate. It was a Ford Explorer that ran into him so he got hit high & hard. His neck hurrts a little & his friend's lower back. I feel so bad for him. This is twice he's been hit & it wasn't even his fault. He was at a light! Thank God my baby is okay.

I love Curves! I was sweating so much. It's so close to my house. I really really like it alot.

Jen, I'm going to be doing my Spring cleaning soon. I change curtains buy new sheets & shower curtains towels. It makes me feel good so I know how you feel.

Zoe, I don't blame you for not weighing in. By next week you'll have a loss.

Dianne, do you get a regular manicure or fill-ins? I had mine done & I don't like it. Now it's hard to get the acrylic off. Give that cutie Jessa a big kiss!

Well, my friends, I'm pooped. I'll be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 03-29-2003 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:19 AM   #14  

Angry

Goodmorning

The weekend went by very fast. It's rainy here in LI. I'm going food shopping then I'll be home all day. I have to clean.

Terri, I know you're going to miss Bruce alot. Easter will be here before you know it. It's nice that you'll be going back to Colorado Springs. I know you really enjoyed it last time. How's Tanner? Where are you getting all these cool GIF's with your name?

Janie, good going on exercise. Exercise is great for stress. I noticed when I stress at work I want chocolate. One of the attorney's I work with always has Dove chocolates on her desk. I usually have 2 for 2 pts.

Zoe, we eat chinese food once a week. Yesterday we had it & this morning my hands are puffy. When will your house be ready? It's so beautiful.

Ruth, hope you did good on your test. How's the baby doing?

Curves is closed today. I'm going to try to go 5 days a week.

Hi Donna & Sandy

Have a great day.

Love you guys,
Essie

Last edited by EsRios426; 03-30-2003 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:16 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good Sunday morning, everyone

Dianne,
To change/add a signature line...at the top of the screen, click on "User CP" then click on "Edit Profile"..scroll down to "Signature" box and enter the text you want to show as your signature line...scroll down to "Submit Modifications" and click on that.

Es,
It's unbelievable that there are people who hit & run. Good for David's friend getting the license #. I drive a small car and am feeling very vulnerable being surrounded by all the suv's.
Glad you like Curves so much! I had the feeling you would.

Terri,
How are things going? Joe will be gone in July for a week and I'm already dreading being home alone...at least you have the kids with you. I'm hoping Brandon won't be taking any summer classes, so I can have him here for a few days' visit. I sound like a baby!

later,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 03-30-2003 at 10:41 AM.
Closed Thread