Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 06:40 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Friday (Valentine's)

Hi girls,
Hooray - it's Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend. I guess it might be pretty quiet again today. I heard that there is a public holiday on Monday in the US so maybe there are lots of "dirty weekends" going on and you US chicks are off enjoying yourselves!
Ah well, I'm sure some Canadian lasses will come out and play.
Not much to report from here, BF has surprised me and organised something for tonight. No idea what cos it's a surprise, but apparently I've not to get too excited. I think it might be a concert or such like. Will let you know! As for the rest of the weekend, we've both got free passes to a posh gym nearby so we're going to spend Saturday there (sitting in the sauna!) and then watch the Matrix on DVD at night. We just bought a DVD player (belated-Xmas and Valentine present to each other). I'm a bit of a geek (I even have a picture-messaging phone) so I can't wait! Hope I can figure out how to connect it!
Right, best get on. My coworker and I always have "sub club" on a Friday (basically we go to Subway and have foot-long subs, mmm yum!). And I've got lots of work to do before then,
Kirsty
PS Will come back later to chat - I promise!
Old 02-14-2003, 06:58 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Okay ladies, I have done it. I have signed up to train to become an aerobics instructor. My gym was lacking in its aerobics program and got a new popular instructor to get it restarted and she likes to have instructors she has trained herself. So starting sunday it's "one and two and three and four"

Kirsty: yeah I saw the Matrix on a date once way back when (okay in September)... I am a geek too no worries (what's the expression in the UK, an anorak or something like that?).

Tara: Welcome my fellow Canuck (is Canuck still a derogatory word). My friend after giving birth was the same weight before giving birth and was back up to her old size. She found it frustrating, but remember it takes a while for a body to get back into shape after pregnancy. We're only mere mortals and generally can't afford the trainers to get back into shape quickly (ie. Sarah Jessica Parker, Cindy Crawford, the ladies in the hydroxycut ads <yup some had just recently given birth when those before pics were taken> etc).

Belle: Yup, I know that song well and compared to the rest of my body my thighs and butt are big... Charlie's Angels came out when I was losing weight and was LMAO when Cameron Diaz was dancing to that song... My thighs ALWAYS rub together, no matter how thin I have been (even when I was a ghastly size 4).

Anyhoo Take care!

Ali
Old 02-14-2003, 07:00 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Oh and yes I am taking my boy to see Blue Rodeo tonight. We haven't seen each other since Monday and I have hardly talked to him since, so I am looking forward to tonight

Happy Valentine's Day (or as I used to call it "Happy Jerk Day for Jerks" <BIG INSIDE JOKE!!!>)
Old 02-14-2003, 07:38 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey girls! I was home yesterday, took the day off. I don't babysit on Thursdays and I woke up yesterday thinking it would be nice to have a day off of everything. It was great! I stayed OP (after 2 days of being NOT OP ) and just laid around the apartment all day. But, I didn't go to WI. I felt really bloated and weighed myself at home and it showed I would have gained 3 pounds from last week. I know that was not right, and it was just not a good "Weigh-In Day" so I'm going to go tonight or tomorrow.

Jay and I exchanged Valentine's gifts Wednesday night. I get home on the later side tonight, so we wouldn't have time for gifts, dinner, and anything else so we did the gifts early. I got him a fleece throw with the Bruins logo on it and he got me LOTR on DVD, but the extended version (I already have the original ).

Tonight we will probably go out to dinner. This weekend will be rockin for me. Sat. I have to babysit all day, but my friend Yan from back home is coming down to visit me and staying the night.

After he leaves Sunday I'm going to the tattoo place to get the outline done for my right upper-arm piece. I got a half-sleeve drawn up the other week. It looks cool! Will post pics after its all done

Monday I get off (yay!) and have to go to the eye doctor and get new glasses. I can't wait...I really really need new lenses. I usually wear my contacts so have been putting off getting a new pair of glasses until the sales came around. Then I have to babysit again Monday afternoon.

Ok, hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend
Old 02-14-2003, 08:33 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All -

Belle - I laughed so hard at "I heard American's are buying duct tape and plastic" that I nearly spit out my diet coke! That's all over the news here too but so far I've yet to talk to anyone who's actually done it. BTW - congrats on the running.

KT - did you enjoy the hockey game? So sad as to how you got the tickets but hope you had fun.

Rina & Tara - I can't imagine my mom buying me chocolate or indulging my bad eating habits. It must be hard. My mom is one of those health ****'s (ha-ha) - she once told me (mind you I was 5'3" and 15) at 112 pounds (I'd gained a little weight - up from 97lbs) that she liked shopping with me more when I weighed less because it was more fun. Whatever....

Lori - glad you and hubby enjoyed an early Vday.

Ali - have fun at the concert with your boy.

Kirsty - I wish I had a dirty weekend planned for this weekend! I could use the break from work. CB and I do have one planned for the end of March though....I can barely wait! Got any inside info on what happened at Gatwick yesterday? I had a team scheduled to fly out of there so kept an eye on the news.

Don't know what will happen to our Vday plans. CB and I were going to go to see Daredevil at the movies but Indy is supposed to get hit with an ice storm so we'll see.

Talked to CB about the whole "I'm really testing the stretch in stretch jeans" situation that I've had going on. He agreed that we could spend some time figuring out this weekend how we can both be healthier - I'm going to try and talk him into following points or at least learning about it. I think it will be easier to stick to my program if he understands it and can support me even when we're eating out (which we do a lot lately - schedules!).

BBL.

Laura
Old 02-14-2003, 08:47 AM   #6  

Laura - He is not my hubby yet! We have to wait until October for that
Old 02-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

lori - i bet october comes around before you know it! will your new tattoo be quite big - and will it be really painful?! do post pics after you've got it. i'm a wimp and don't have any tattoos, but i have heard that once you get one you can't stop getting them! i'll just stick to covering myself in glitter instead.
laura - belle's comments made me laugh too. in the uk press we are getting all these stories about americans buying plastic sheeting for their windows. quite interesting to hear how things really are. i'm not sure i know any more about what happened at gatwick airport yesterday. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2760215.stm has some info. apparently a guy flying from Venezuela was found to have a live hand grenade in his luggage. they only found it after the flight had landed and they were checking his bags as he went through customs. apparently they are pretty tricky to spot with x-ray machines. not very reassuring but i don't know whether the guy planned to use it (his luggage was in the hold so that's unlikely). perhaps he was just trying to smuggle it into the uk. no idea why. anyhow. i think the airport got shut for a bit yesterday so lots of knock-on delays today. they have really stepped up security at heathrow as well with lots of army tanks there and four men were arrested on the perimeter of the airport. it's all quite frightening. i don't know what you guys have been told, but over here there are fears that something will happen at the end of the Muslim festival of Eid - because it is meant to end with a sacrifice.
anyhow, onto something a bit lighter. laura - hope you and CB get shifting those pounds together! i'm sure you can think of a couple of ways.... 2 bonus points a "session" you know...
ali - i think it's so exciting you're going to become an aerobics instructor! i'm quite tempted to do that too, so you must tell me how it goes. and yes, geeks are anoraks. especially those that go trainspotting! thankfully i just like gadgets. hmm, that sounds rather rude. and i don't have any rude gadgets - honest!
right, time to get on with some work. but less than 3 hours to go and i'm outta here!
Kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 02-14-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:44 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default Happy V-day girlies!!

Hey! Glad I made you all laugh at my comment - I hope I didn't offend anyone - that was just the info the CBC had! It is funny to hear the real story! And also, its amazing how different preceptions change the story. Having you all as friends makes me feel so " worldly".

Hey Kirsty- long time no chat! Now I want a sub but its 1.5 hours to lunch...sooo hungry. I am jealous of your surprise! I don't have plans and b/f didn't plan anything. Let us know what he planned!!

Ali - Yay on becoming an instructor!! When do you graduate? Is the training tough?? I read an article in the vancouver sun on the newest post-baby trends. And apparantly stars are delivering early to avoid getting bigger in the last month - yikes, that is scary. Have fun at Blue Rodeo!! I am jealous. I hope they sing "try" for you!

Lori - tell us a bit more about your tattoo.

Laura - that is cool that b/f wants to get healthy with you!! My b/f is super thin but is all about being healthy- he still eats crap sometimes but he eats more fruits/veggies now since me

Anorak? I have never hear that - isn't that a coat in Canada (I may be completely off).

Oh - canadians - did you hear that Sheila copps is running for leader of the liberals? She announced at a Tim Hortons but they tried to mask it on the CBC and said "local coffee shop" but then they showed a clip of the "hortons" on the sign....ah, the CBC. Plus this week they had an expose on the moving industry and on Canada Now they didn't disguise the guy's voice but on marketplace immediatley following canada now they disguised his voice (same clips).....hee hee hee.

Well, back to work - have a good OP v-day. Don't let the chocolate monster's get you!!
Old 02-14-2003, 12:44 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

We won!!! Yay! The game was great last night. We had excellent seats and of course, we won, so couldn't have been much better on that front.

I can't wait to go home and relax tonight. I think I'll rent chick flicks and clean the house, my first V-day alone in 5 years and it feels so much more relaxing than trying to force someone to celebrate with you. I have my application all ready for nursing school so I've got to send that in this weekend. Along with my next assignment for my course. Otherwise I'd like to have a relaxing weekend, maybe treat myself to a bubble bath and some leisure reading time.
Kirsty - sound like you guys have a nice weekend planned - how many points do you figure a day of sauna?
Ali - Way to go with the aerobics instructor thing! Make money while working out? what could be better!?! Have fun at the concert tonight.
Lori - be sure to post the pictures!
Laura - It's great to be able to talk to the boy about things, and to have a partner to help you stick to the plan. Let us know how the pow-wow goes.
OK, getting back to pretending to work. I'll check back in later.
KT
Old 02-14-2003, 12:47 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Belle - we must have been posting at the same time. I hadn't heard about Sheila Copps, I must watch some news this weekend.
KT
Old 02-14-2003, 12:56 PM   #11  

Yeah, I will def. post pics of the tat after the outline is done, and update you when I get all the color. It is an old-school ship, like a pirate ship, with old school birds flying around it. One is holding the line to the anchor (the anchor will be on the underside of my arm, the ship on the outside) and then there's like water and some flowers and stuff If you wanna see pics of the tattoos I have now, you can go to my website http://home.mathbox.com/lori
Old 02-14-2003, 01:11 PM   #12  

ARRRRRRRRGH SOMEONE WENT AND BOUGHT DONUTS AT WORK AND THEY ARE SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF WORK. I already had half of a chocolate frosted one (2.5 points) but now I really want to go grab like 2 more. HELP!
Old 02-14-2003, 01:34 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

{{{{{{{{{{WILLPOWER}}}}}}}}}}}}
YOU CAN RESIST!!!
KT
Old 02-14-2003, 02:20 PM   #14  

Thanks KT I've done good so far...I only have 1/2 hour left. I had the apple I brought with me instead of getting a donut, and am good now. I still have an orange before dinner, too
Old 02-14-2003, 04:11 PM   #15  

Hi everyone! As an american, I hadn't even heard about the duct tape thiong until today! How ridiculous! As if duct tape will stop Anthrax!!!

Hubby brought home a dozen red roses last night and a really cute helium balloon that is still making me laugh. hope all of the rest of you are doing well!Lori
Closed Thread