Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone... I am late logging on, it has been a crazy day so this is the first chance I am getting. I hope that everyone is doing well. Eating is going good for me over the past couple of days, I just need to work in the exercise!

Things are stressful here right now, between the remodel, "momma-drama", my contract coming to an end, etc it has been overwhelming for me... I think the exercise would really help if I could just manage to push everything else aside... easier said then done I guess, but it will happen!

Judy: I am so sorry that you are not feeling well! I hope that the doctor is able to help you and that you get to feeling better very soon! Thanks for pointing out those recipes... I am thinking about the beef stew for one day this weekend as it is supposed to be rainy and cold. Your plan for Thanksgiving is wonderful! Mine is chugging along but there are some bumps in the road that will have to be worked out... I will just keep at it.

Life: I hope that things get better for you really soon!

Bandit: Good luck tonight at your W/I - I am super eager to see how you do!

I have to run... no rest for the wicked!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #32  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all!

It is supposed to be a nice warm day here so once I get out of work I will head home to get my house cleaning started and open up the windows to let the house air out. They finished the bathroom last evening - we have a couple of minor things that they need to fix but for the most part it is done... sigh! It was a very long three weeks - LOL - well worth it though, sadly the bathroom is now the nicest room in our house - we will start our piggy bank again and do the kitchen next time.

W/I last night was a turtle for me... nothing gained and nothing lost so that was ok - I have recommited myself to get a move on and food has been really good since about Tuesday - Exercise is what I need to work on next and will hit at least one class at the gym this weekend, I think it will really help me to deal with the stress also. Raking leaves is on the list again for this weekend so that will help too!

I hope that everyone is doing well... Any plans for the weekend? Have a very happy weekend everyone!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Princess - Veggie pizza sounds good and thank you for the crockpot recipes.
I love trying new things. Glad to hear you are doing better with your menus
and that your renov is done. Hope you find time for some exercise, which will help de-stress. Nice job on not gaining anything - the loss will come, just keep at it.

Judy - Good for you for setting a goal with Christmas season approaching and nice job on getting in your exercise & keeping on track. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Cherry - glad to see you posting & the use of a threadmill is bonus.

Life - hope you get feeling better as well.

I was down 2# this week and got in 9 miles of walking at the indoor track.
So feel good about that. Going to dance this weekend & out for dinner first, but will plan ahead and eat light beforehand, so that will help stay on track.

All - hope everyone else is doing well.

Princess - you mentioned ww was changing, anymore news on that. I think when they change things it happens in States first, so would be nice to have a heads up since I basically use ww points system.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #34  

Bandit: Yep - I hear that they are rolling out a new program - I did read a bit on it from the main WW forum on here... poke around and see if you can find it - I think they may have rolled it out in the UK already and that is how news about it is getting out. I am going to have to rely on the Turtles to help with the new program too as I don't think I am going to be able to re-join WW any time soon, the news here at work is worse then expected so TOPS is a blessing for me but since I follow WW I would like to know what I need to do - we can figure it out together I think with the help of the other Turtles.
Congrats on the loss, that is fantastic, have a great weekend!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Princess - thanks for the info. Probaby by the new year we will need something new. Change is good!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #36  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Life4evr, in your message can I gather you've just had a birthday? If so, Hey, I'm sorry things are bad, but hang in there. We're all pulling for you.

Bandit, another terrific week. Are you adjusting your ticker scale at all? You're doing great and I'm so happy for you. Would you mind saying what you're eating because you're doing so fabulous. :

Princess, staying the same is a pretty good thing. Now you'll see movement now that you're tracking your points so well. I'm so glad your bathroom is done and things should go back to normal now. It's not easy to keep a routine with such a necessary part of your home gone for three weeks. Weigh to go on doing a good job with weight through it all. I promise I'll let you guys know all I know as soon as I know it with the WW changes. It'll happen here in NY right after Thanksgiving.

I've hit a snag, but I know I can shake myself up. I'm feeling almost completely better now and I should be fine by tomorrow. Food is rearing its ugly head.

Gotta go------I know my attitude is up and down and I hope I'm not driving anyone nuts.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #37  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I clicked on the Looking for new WW program thread on www.3fatchicks.com. Then I used their link and typed in article 1326447. That brought up an article that deals with WW Pro-Points Plan A that skims the surface of what we may be getting here in the states. It's in effect in the UK already. Just thought you'd like to know. It looks pretty good---fruits and veggies free, better point values for protein and it looks like worse point values for simple carbs and sugars----sounds sensible to me. I'll know the real deal after Thanksgiving, but this was fun to check out.
Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-13-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #38  

Here is the recipe that I was talking about a few days ago, it is one that my friend at TOPS gave me. It seems to be served at room temp with the veggies basically raw since there is no baking after they are added. This may be more of a finger food then some like but it was very good when she brought it to the pitch in.

substitute low/reduced/no fat ingredients where you can...and add more of your favorite veggies ...

2 packages of crescent rolls
1 cup mayo
6 oz cream cheese
1 zesty italian dry salad dressing packet
1 1/2 c fresh broccoli
1 1/2 c fresh cauliflower
1 grated carrot
1 c cheddar cheese
green onions

unroll and press the crescent rolls into a baking sheet; make sure the seams are pressed together. bake for 350 for 10 minutes. cream together cream cheese and mayo. mix in the zesty italian salad dressing packet and incorporate. spread the mixture on the cooled crust and layer veggies and cheese. add green onion to taste. cut and serve.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #39  

Hi everyone! DH and I just got home from the Colts vs the Bengals game that was here in Indy this weekend. It was a fun time and the Colts won so it was a good day. Food has been good! I have ate out couple of times this weekend and made good choices instead of just picking what ever I wanted... but it was all good and worked out well... the scale seems to be moving slowly downward and that is a wonderful thing.

DH and I got some Christmas shopping done, raked a ton of leaves, grocery shopped and laundry done... so it was a productive weekend.

Judy: You are very right, when things are not as they normally are it really throws me out of whack... I am glad to have my home back and the bathroom is beautiful. I have high hopes for this weeks W/I so we will just keep our fingers crossed. I sure hope you get to feeling better really soon!

Bandit: I agree, I think that change up every now and then helps us in our weight loss journey so we will see what happens.

Have to run, need to get lunches started for tomorrow and get the last load of towels out of the dryer. Take care everyone and have a wonderful evening.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Today has been an interesting day. Aight I weighed in today. I can admit I have been half following. Well last week even with my half track I was popping sodas left and right. Well I blame the sodas for the 1# gain. Which isn't that bad. But actually drinking several sodas was the only thing I did differently. Oh, well shaking it off. Things are starting to settle with my grandma.

ETA: Forgot this so since today was a wierd day I was thinking while I was cleaning. Someone told me a long time ago, that I didn't take out enough time for myself. I am starting to realize they were right. So I am trying to make my gym time my me time. Maybe that will motivate me to go since that will be my getaway. Okay done for real lol.

Last edited by life4evr; 11-14-2010 at 10:27 PM.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #41  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! The cold weather is coming back, guess that little blast of warm air that we had this week decided to head south - LOL. The weekend was super busy here, none -stop actually, but it only gets busier from here... both of my DS birthdays are this month along with Thanksgiving then we plow on into the Christmas holiday season. My days are packed but that is ok - keeps me busy and a busy me is much better than a bored me

Life: Yeah - soda will get you every time, I am happy that is one thing that I don't crave at all. A million other things but not soda - LOL - you are right, we never make time for us... I am very guilty of that one!

Have a great day all, I have to run but will check back at lunch time.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #42  

Hope everyone has a good day. I am off to run errands. Trying to hit the gym up before heading back home.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #43  

Hi. Everyone popping back in. Well I made it to the gym, it has been awhile and it kicked my butt. Dinner is cooking as I type. Not sure what meat I am going to eat. Hope everyone had a good day.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #44  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Here's : to all of us!! to the Turtles.

I'm just back from my doctor and it looks like I'm going to see an allergist. Not fun since I have to be off antihistamines for a week. Lots of luck with that since it's the antihistamines that have helped me cope with hives over this long period of time. Ugh. They are looking for something a little beyond hives and it can be treated, so I guess I have to pursue this. I'd rather shove it under a rug, but I'm being a grownup.

Princess, you are amazingly busy. Wow I thought we had a lot of fall . you top us. You sound like you've got it under control! Keep up the good work. How's the smoking/non-smoking going?

Life4evr, I was so happy to hear that you were going to take some me time at the gym. You rock!

We're all doing the best we can. to us all
Chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/190.6/170's sometime in the future.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #45  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It is cold here this morning with rain on the way but we need the rain so I will not complain. I have been pretty busy at work lately and I find that I don't even think about food when my mind is truly occupied elsewhere so I hope that the busyness continues - No exercise this week really other than the raking of leaves on Saturday and lots of walking downtown on Sunday, hoping to get a walk in the halls in during lunch today.

I made that mexican chicken dish in the crockpot yesterday for last nights supper, made brown rice and green beans to have with it. DH did not like the chicken dish at all, I thought it was ok but would not run to make it again without some changes. I need to look back over my recipes to see if I have the one that Bandit makes since Judy said it was similiar and I'll bet much better so will try her's next time. I have the stuff to made beef stew and a couple of other dishes too so will be trying them out here soon.

We are meeting up with the kids tonight for DS's birthday celebration - we are going to an Italian resturant down close to where they live and I fear that the choices are going to be hard but will figure it out!

Judy: The very best luck to you on your journey for healing, I really truly hope that they get it figured out for you and super fast! I have smoked a couple of times but am pretty much done with it - DH fell off the wagon and is smoking full time now so that makes it hard but I am determined this time!