Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #46  

Sorry I havent been posting. The kids and I have had the flu and it has not been a good past couple of days. I think we are on the mend but still not keeping a whole lot down
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 179.8/166/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey Everyone! I am finally back! Things have been super crazy around here in the last couple of weeks. State football playoffs done, we lost in the semis, but our girls volleyball team finished 2nd at state last weekend! Now for a couple weeks free of sports, then bring on basketball. I haven't been to WI in a couple of weeks, but am going tonight, so I will hope for maintenance!

I haven't had a lot of time to check over the board, but I do have one idea for the soda drinkers. I used to drink at least 3 sodas per day, I was able to cut that down by drinking iced tea. At first I didn't know if I would be able to make the change, but now I am a tea addict! I know a lot of people like sweet tea, and I guess splenda would work for that. I was fortunate enough to grow up with my family drinking unsweetened tea and don't care for the sweetness.

I will check back in tonight and try to catch up with everyone! Have a great day!
alliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - busy gals but sounds like everyone is doing well.

Judy - hope you are on right track with your allergies and get better soon.

Princess - nice you are getting back on your regular schedule.

So much to read & I have been busy trying to get my book club book read & finished yesterday so was pleased about that. House Rules was the book - was good, abit drawn out but enjoyed it. So our club has the monthy dinner on 24th and will find out what we are reading next.

Judy - you were asking about my menu & I am basically still following my WW
points with increasing my protein and drinking lots of water. Also with my weight going up/down soooooooo much over summer, I didn't update my signature.

I am meeting tomorrow for final body analysis on the challenge I was in, so that should be interesting.

Nice & sunny right now but rain is on its way

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Wat...alculator.html

Hey Turtles!

I found the link above, it is the new food calculator for the new plan that starts at the end of the month... I think that prepared foods that we eat are going to be very high in points on the new plan while fruits, vegs and lean protiens will go down... which is good news for Bandit!

I have not had a chance to play with it yep but hope to tomorrow!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone had a good day. Well today was clinical day for me. So I am dipping into my weekly points since I am just hungry and can't seem to get full. Which usually happens after clinicals. I think the early morning and all the moving shocks my body. My eating has been okay. I fell victim to a bake sale. No bake oatmeal cookies, my weakness, on another not I think I finally saw what a serving size was suppose to be for those. Hmm sorry for rambling. I am bout to turn it in have a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #51  

Good morning everyone!

Well we went out to dinner last night, I got the spagetti and meatballs - it was about the best choice - had a salad to start - I did eat the whole plate of spag - I was starving by the time we got to the place and got to actually eat so that was a problem I will have to work out moving forward... It was good and the kids were a blast to be with so what ever happens, well it was worth it... Moving on...

I used that new calculator and all I can say is OMG! I did it for a nutri-grain bar with is my go to mid-morning snack. It is 2 points on the old plan... and if that calculator is correct than it will be 3.7 points on the new plan... since it takes into account protein and carbs it is a whole new ball game when it comes to points. I think that over all it will be a very good change but one that we will all have to get used to.

Judy: Good luck at W/I today and I hope that you are feeling ok...

Bandit: I will have to look the book up and see if it is something that I would enjoy and if so maybe get it for my Nook. So let me ask you a question, how did you find your book club? I was attending one but it went down to only three members and then it just stopped - I would really like to find another one that reads the kind of books that I like or at least a bit closer to those that I enjoy then the last group. Did you do an internet search or just get lucky finding them?

Life: Sounds like you are super busy... I have never met a cookie that I did not fall in love with so I totally understand the whole bake sale thing... ugh, they are hard to pass up!

Allie: Welcome back! I am a tea drinker also, I use splenda in mine but also drink it plain (we grew up that way too with unsweetened tea). I hope that your W/I went as well and you thought it would go!

Take care everyone and post when you can! Any new recipes or tips for the Holiday would be great... anything that you do to stay on track, etc. It would be a great time to share ideas with each other, never know what will work!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles:

What a rain storm in middle of night - woke me up & had no idea what was going on. But by a.m. was OK. Princess probably had same thing.
Anyway, dark cold rainey day up here - yuck!

Princess - I fond the book club through wwwmeetup.com and then typed in my postal code and all the groups nearby come up. There are soooooo
many social/activity clubs as well. As far as book club, I have been to 1
dinner meeting which they have montly to discuss book we have just read.
Last month there were only 4 ladies who were there. This months is on the 24th so will let you know how that goes.

Got in another walk last night then watched Biggest Loser - so much crying on that show - like every person on there is crying. I like concept of show, but getting alittle tired of emotions.

Everyone - good luck at the scales!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #53  

Bandit: Thanks for the info - I am listed on Meetup.com for my interests, book was one of them. I think that is how the lady that ran the last book club got my name but I will try it again. Thanks! I agree about the Biggest Loser, to be honest that is why I stopped watching it, too much of the wrong kind of drama... life can be rough enough without watching people cry for an hour, sometimes two! We did get that storm, it rained non-stop yesterday and it was just a really yucky day, just like you said - LOL. Have a great day!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #54  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
I've been reading and I want to respond to all, but I'm exhausted right now. I got to an allergist and he assured me that I do not have a more complicated illness than simple hives. Thank Goodness! One of my docs over the summer was really concerned and I've had blood workups, etc. I'm very grateful that, although I still have hives, that they will go away in their own sweet time, so I'll continue on as I have.
Good luck to us all!
You guys are the best!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Itryharder glad it just hives, even those they are enough to deal with. I woke up feeling bad this morning . So needless to say I wasn't eating much. When I started feeling better I ate too much. So either way I feel bad. At least no class tomorrow, still have a major care plan. My grandma seems to be getting better bit by bit.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #56  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Thursday to you all!

It is a cold, rainy day here today, not a pretty fall day at all but they are calling for a nice weekend so that is a wonderful thing! The bathroom renovation is officially over now, we turned over the final check last night so the bathroom is beautiful and the bank account is empty... LOL - we are very happy with the final result and life is getting back to normal.

Did the family meal for DS (youngest) last night, all of the really bad food which is his favorites were present and accounted for... UGH - the works too! Fried ham, mashed potatoes, country gravy with biscuts! I ate a small amount because I was hungry and since it was on a week night I did not have time to mess around, I was hoping to find the time to throw together a salad but as it turned out I did not, over all I did not put much on my plate but it was enough to fill me up - I have to get through Thanksgiving and my oldest DS birthday and then I can take a breather till the Christmas holidays kick in.

DH and I are going to start working on our basement and try and do a few things down there ourselves... repaint, redo the floor, etc so that we have a family room and basically make more living space in the house. That is our winter project.

Judy: Great news that it is not something more serious but I know that the hives have got to be frustrating... I hope it starts to go away really soon for you! Are you planning anything big for the Christmas holiday this year?

Bandit: Good luck at W/I tonight, I hope that you do really well! I expect to be down a bit, nothing major since I ate out and last nights supper had a lot of sodium but down a bit will be ok with me, I am back on track with the food for the most part and looking forward to some success in the near future.

Live: Glad to hear that your grandma is doing better. Best of luck in getting your food to where it should be.

Cherry: How are you doing? Is your family over the flu?

Tessa: Hope you are doing well, have not heard from you in a while... Post when you can!

Allie: How are you doing? Getting back into the swing of things yet? So you are a big sports family?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #57  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm going to chime in here and then start a new thread since we're so long.
Feeling much better this morning. Had a throw-away day yesterday with food, but am determined to be on track today. Will be tough since we're going out tonight for dinner with our friend. Celebrating our birthdays.
The good news from a great doctor yesterday has me hopeful, and yes, Life4evr----you're right-----hives alone are a lot to cope with. I'll have to exercise more and eat better to shake up some of this weight.

Princess, interesting news about the new WW calculator. I never liked that WW would say you could eat anything you wanted in moderation, etc. Honestly, it didn't work for me. When I did best was when I ate salad, eggwhites, little bread, lean protein and fruit----and that seems to be what the new program will emphasize. I am so that you are doing so well with your non-smoking! Way to quit!

Cherry, get well. It seems flu and little kids go together, so I'm sending : that your household gets well and stays well.

Alliez, how exciting for you and the volleyball team. It's great to have something to be passionate about. Yeah, I love your idea about the iced tea. I usually have one diet Coke a day, and now they're saying even that isn't the best thing to do. Tea is good for you.

Life4evr, ugh----bake sales-----so tempting. I'm glad to hear your grandma is getting better. : for her healing.

Bandit, good to hear about your efforts----thanks, they are really helpful. I haven't caught up with Biggest Loser this season. I think it's for the best because I hate to see people so exhausted and emotional that they are reduced to tears. I like the "reducing" part, just not the tears.

Okay----I promised I'd start a new thread so I'll see you all at #243 Bale of Turtles Being Thankful.
Judy
Old 11-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #58  
Chick

Hi Princess,
You and I posted at the same time. Wow! That is great news that your bathroom is beautiful. I'm so happy it turned out the way you wanted it to. Yay! I like your basement project. DH has been working on our basement by decluttering.. He tends to collect things. LOL. Family celebrations are tough.

Well, I'll have the family here for Thanksgiving, but there will only be 5 of us. Then for Christmas, we expect to be really busy. We'll have some for Christmas Eve and some staying overnight, and some returning on Christmas DAy. Then a couple of days later my ds and his family will come in for a late Christmas/ New Years----It's possible that we'll all be together for New Years and that would be great. I've got to do some planning ahead. I know I'm not making as many cookies as I've done in the past. None of us can really afford to eat them.
Okay---gotta run and start the thread.