Old 11-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Princess, : for feeling better.

Bandit, you are on a roll! Weigh to go! : Excellent and pay off. What a fabulous loss. Keep up the good work.

Judy
234.6/190.8/170's by Halloween

To answer the question about hives, it looks like I'm stuck with them. I am going to return to my physician's assistant to seek her opinion, but it looks like they will simply go away by themselves when they're ready. I've had hives twice before a long time ago and both times they lasted for more than a year. Ugh. It's discouraging, but right now I have to use nsr successes to measure my good work. I'm eating very little and filling up on soup or a piece of fruit when I get very hungry. Rain again today so I went on the instead of the boardwalk. Good exercise.

Hey, everybody have a great weekend. Drink that water (as Bandit keeps reminding us) and keep on keepin' on!
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Just a quick run through the thread. Hope everyone is doing well. I am suffering from some nasty heartburn. I weighed in today so no gain, I lost 0.5#. So now I know that wasn't water weight i lost last week. Trying to get back on track and stay on track.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #18  
Chick

Life4evr, weigh to go! : Hey 10# down is great. Keep up the good work.

this was a good food weekend for me. Some challenges, but I stayed within my points and that's always a good thing. Also got to walk on the boardwalk. Cold here but sunny. Beach was incredibly windy, so I'm hoping I had to burn more calories just to get where I was going.
Have a great Monday. Tomorrow is dh's and he's on such a roll with his weight reduction that we may not even celebrate with food. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Judy
234.6/190.8/170's by Thanksgiving
Old 11-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and a very happy Monday to you all!

Boy that was a fast weekend... felt like I blinked and it was Monday morning already! Got lots of leaves raked and bagged and some house work done, I am not putting a lot of effort into the house work until they are totally done with the bathroom remodel as dust and dirt keep flying everywhere... DH and I took MIL and went to see the movie "Red" yesterday afternoon - Loved it! It was well cast and lots of funny moments so it was a nice two hours spent on a Sunday afternoon - we headed to Wal-Mart after the movie and got the shopping done. Tonight we need to clean out the gutters and fill the bird feeders. Food was so so this weekend - I gobbled popcorn at the movie theaters but it took the place of lunch - made cookies as a thank you to the friend that let us spend the night last week - sent a big old plate down to him with DH yesterday but we still have too many left at the house and way too many found their way into my mouth... I need to get rid of the rest of them!

Got a call from one of the TOPS gals over the weekend since I had missed the last meeting she wanted to fill me in and get me up to date which I really apprecitated. They are doing a secret pal thing up to the Christmas celebration meeting which will be December 2nd so that should be fun.

Bandit: A huge congrats to you! You are a real inspiration! Any hints or tips you can pass along?

Judy: Looks like you guys are getting some crudy weather this week - take care of your self and be careful if you go to the boardwalk! congrats to your DH on his reduction and on his birthday!

Life: Congrats!!! My motto is any weight lost is good!

All - Have a great day!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Princess - you and I are doing so many similar things right now. I am suppose to go to movies to see Red tomorrow with my ladies group and I got my gutters cleaned on Sat & raked leaves as well.
As far as tips what has been working lately for me is increasing my protein (I cannot believe how much better I feel & rarely hungry between meals) getting in my walks, staying within my points EVERY day and preplanning when I know I have a social function with food & of course drinking my water faithfully. Hope this helps.

Judy/Life - glad you guys are doing great & on track this week.

All - chime in when you can. Anyone have any new recipes they have tried?

As for myself, staying on track & feeling good. Trying to drop a few more #
before Christmas parties start up. Already have 2 invites.

Have a great day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #21  

Bandit: Thanks for the tips - all great ideas that I need to get moving on. Yep we seem to be doing the same things... LOL - I think that you are located directly north of me - very far north granted but we sure seem to get the same weather, etc. We are looking into getting a snow blower this year since none of the kids are around to help anymore... we have a corner property and a fairly long driveway... all sidewalks in our city have to have the snow removed or you get a fine... soooo it is off to price snow blowers, not what we need to be spending money on right now but something that is needed. Good luck this week, you are doing so great!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #22  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I don't have any new recipes to try, but I'll keep my ears open.

Bandit, when I saw 75g. of protein recommended by your nutritionist I thought that is what I should be doing. I know that I always lose better when I up the protein and slash back on bread, but most carbs. I'm glad its working so well for you! You're doing great. I especially admire you because you keep such a busy social life and yet continue on your weight loss journey.

Princess, get the snowblower! It's a tremendous help. My dh is 74 today. and I would hate to see him shovel snow. I know we don't get as much as you and Bandit get, and I bet Tessa gets loads of snow too. But still, getting out there with a shovel is strenuous and we don't have kids in our house or even in the neighborhood who seem interested in removing snow. Hopefully you'll find a sale at Sears or someplace. That was so nice of your pal at TOPS to call and bring you up to date and make sure you were okay. Really nice.

Today was my dh's and we made it a nice day. This was the weekend we treated our kids to Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. Christmas seems far away right now-----we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet,----but it'll be here before I turn around and this event was a wonderful way to get in the spirit. My dh just wanted everyone to have a good time and we did. That was his birthday present. He wanted pizza, so I ordered a salad and had 1 1/2slices for a total of 10 points. Not bad and I've got salad left over for later tonight. I find if I can stay away from the very sweet foods, I have a better chance of staying on program.

Here's : to all of us. Challenging times are coming, but I've been able to lose during this time-----one pound a week puts us down 7-8# by Christmas. That's a really nice goal! I'm working on it. My food has been good all this week and I've gotten some exercise in. The scale is stubborn, but it'll happen if I keep it up.
Take care and write when you can.
Judy
234.6/190.8/170's by Thanksgiving
Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #23  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It is a beatiful sunny day here and the temps are to go up to 70 and even a bit higher tomorrow so I think that DH and I will take the opportunity to grill out for our suppers both days. I have chicken out for tonight, have not made it to tomorrow night though... LOL.

DH and I cleaned out the gutters last night and got some of the higher up bird feeders filled up. The tops of my legs are killing me today from going up and down that ladder... LOL - tells me how much I need to get to the gym!

After reading all of the posts of those that are successful and constantly losing I truly know that I need to try harder, even with being on the meds ect it is still no excuse to just keep eating things that I know are going to make me retain or gain and not get in the walking, etc that I know will help in the losing process... it is not like I have not done this before... ugh, I frustrate myself! I need to get my butt in gear!

Judy: Congrats on the low points meal even with DH birthday celebration! That is fantastic! I'll bet the show at Radio City was wonderful! Yes, we are going to get the snow blower, will start shopping for one this weekend - I had a grandfather that had a heart attack while shoveling snow so that is a huge motivation to me to purchase one... DH and I are just too out of shape but to be honest that grandfather was a thin man and in very good shape - but still....

Bandit: I have a recipe that I will try and post either later today or tomorrow... it is from one of the TOPS gals for a veggie pizza - she did not include the calorie count on it but maybe someone on here that has etools could point it out for us... it was very good - she made it at the annual pitch in and recipe swap meeting.

I have to run but will talk soon!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-09-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #24  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Bandit loss has really motivated me to get my butt back to doing what WW are supposed to do. I dug out my journal and have started using it, stayed within my points yesterday and when it came to my bedtime snack and I did not have any points left I just went to bed. All in all it was a good day... I did not get any exercise in - was hoping to get the dogs to the park for at least a little walk as we all need it badly, they have been so pend up during the renovation that they are going stir crazy and DH and I just need to get moving on a regular basis.

Bandit: I forgot the recipe but will try and get it posted this evening when I get out of work... I can not access my personal email here and that is where it is... at the very least I can hop on line after work and send it here so that I can post it in the morning... I did find a couple of crockpot core recipes yesterday that sound pretty good... will post them here in a bit. Thanks again for your constant support, it is motivating me to do better!

Judy: I think today is your W/I day so the very best of luck to you! How are you doing this week? Any new party plans in the works? Thanksgiving this year will be at DS and DIL's house so it will be a very welcome change for me to not host it. We have to travel to pick up my mother up north and then take her home again but since it is 6 hours round trip will most likely do the traveling the day before and the day after. How about you, are you hosting this year?

All: chime in when you can to let us know how you are doing - if you are on plan or not - it helps to keep/get us on track!

I hear that WW is going to introduce a new plan and it is going to be a bit of a change up from what we are all used to. If my contract holds out past December I would like to join again to see what is new... will just have to wait and see...
Old 11-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #25  
Chick

Hi,
Princess, I've come down with a bug and feel horrible. I'm sitting here at the computer in my WI clothes trying to make up my mind whether to go or not. I'm down about a pound and this has been a very good week, so I'd like to see the positive change on the WW scale. On the other hand, I wouldn't stay for the meeting because I wouldn't want to make anyone sick. Ugh.

As far as Thanksgiving, it'll be here, but there will only be 5 of us this year. My ds in on call so his family won't be able to make it. One of my dd's is going to her inlaws this time around, so it leaves my other dd and dsil and dear friend and dh and me. I've been running tired and dh said he'd shop for me if I give him a list and I'm going to take him up on it!

Princess, I love that you're being stricter with yourself. Yes, Bandit's got a good plan in place again and she's doing great! I know both you and I and all the Turtles can do the same. Eat less, move more! I almost want to write LOL for that idea, but the main thing for all of us is to put in the effort it takes to actually lose the weight. I'm frustrated too because I'm trying so hard and my weight isn't budging the way I want it to.

I hope your contract renews for next year, but I'll give you a head's up on the new WW plan. From what I've gathered, the points will be different and I've heard that both fruits and veggies will be zero points. All that is a rumor, so when I find out right after Thanksgiving, I'll let you know.

All you Turtles, this is a tough time of year. Chime in, keep on keepin' on. Give us support and we'll do the same for you!
Cherry, Tessa, KimL, Mrs. Thos, Lauren, Lin, and all our buddies. You're great. No one ever said weight loss was easy, but when you chime in, it helps us all.
Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-10-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #26  

Well TOM is coming this week and it is definately showing on my scale. it is up by a few pounds and I am not going to go into details. I think it is just from salt and water weight but i cant be sure. We are going to use my parents treadmill for a while and see if we like it and will actually use it. My family is a big support to me and I need it to battle my depression. Looks like everyone is doing good.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #27  

Judy: A small and quiet Thanksgiving might be just the ticket for you! I am thinking that I am going to take advantage of it not being at my house this year and that way I will not have a ton of left overs to tempt me!

Here are two recipes that I got out of the WW Core Recipe catagory on this site, you may already have them but I was poking around yesterday and found them, they looked good and were crockpot meals so I saved and printed them, here you go!

Crockpot Beef Stew
Makes 4 servings

1 lb. stew meat
Adolph's non-seasoned meat tenderizer
1 large red onion sliced
2 tbs. minced garlic
4-5 potatoes scrubbed and cut into large pieces
1/2 bag of shredded carrots
8 oz. frozen tiny green beans
1 c. frozen petite peas (don't put them in until the stew is finished)
1 can of Healthy Choice lower fat Tomato Soup
3/4 can of hot water
1-2 tsp. Splenda
black pepper to taste.

Tenderize meat and cut into chunks. Cut onion. Sauté the meat in hot skillet with a little olive oil, and get it brown on both sides. Add onion and garlic and stir fry for a minute or two. Place this into crockpot then add the veggies with the exception of the peas. Mix the soup, water, and Splenda together and pour over stew. Place crockpot on high for 2 hours, then reduce to low and check it in two hours. If done, then turn off the pot and mix in the peas.

Mexican Chicken
2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 cans of black beans
1 cans of niblets corn
1 jar of chunky salsa

Spray crock with non-stick cooking spray. Put corn in bottom of crockpot. Place chicken on top of corn. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. Pour in salsa. Pour beans over salsa (note: it didn't say to drain the beans, but it's best to do so). Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken pieces and dice them, then return to crockpot.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #28  
Chick

Hey Turtles,
Cherry, thanks for chiming in. I love having my at home and it helps for exercise when it's rainy or too cold to walk outside. Good luck and keep on keepin' on!

Princess,
many thanks for the crockpot recipes. The chicken dish is similar to one that Bandit posted a while ago and I made. In that one, you used the oven, but I find the crockpot very handy. I'll point them out when I'm feeling better.
I went to my WI and was disappointed. I lost .2#. Ugh. But I've got a couple of symptoms that I have to talk to my doc about and I've got an appt. for Monday. Too many things are going on in my body and I need a resolution. I'll let you know when I know more. Nothing serious---just adjusting.

In the meantime I shortened my Thanskgiving shopping list and dh is going to get everything for me this year. We're going to buy a pumpkin pie, my dd is going to make pumpkin bread, my dsil is going to make the sweet potato casserole and that will lighten everything up for me. I think you're right, Princess, that a small Thanksgiving will be a help.

I wish you all the best. Take it easy. be well and happy and drink that water. By the way, a friend of mine said she broke her plateau by eating grilled chicken and fish and brown rice and sweet potatoes and staying away from bread for awhile. That sounds like good advice to me.

Judy
234.6/190.6/170's by Thanksgiving
Old 11-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #29  
Chick

HI Guys,
The Beef Stew pointed out as 8 which isn't bad since it has all the veggies and potato in there as well as the beef.

The Mexican Chicken was only 6 points using chicken that cooked down to 12 oz.----probably about 14oz. raw.

Thanks for the recipes. They'll come in handy over the holidays as I head out shopping, etc.
Judy
Keep the : coming!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi Glad everyone one is doing well. I am still here not really on plan, more less just hanging out. I have been suffereing from really bad reflux so me and food arent exactly friends right now. School is about to take me out . I have managed not to crazy on the cake my mom made for my birthday.

Thats about it. Everyone have a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote