Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 08:03 AM   #16  
Life Time 2001

Peggy: I checked out that ediets.com and it looks pretty neat! Will definenlty go back and check it out more.

Glenda: Have a fun weekend. Did you find the games they wanted? That pile up sounds awful.

Karen: I hope reading recipes doesnt make us fat! Id been in real trouble then! Love to try new things and find new recipes.

Donna: I have always wanted to try Yoga but just never had. Its is suppose to make you real flexible. And thats what I need. I should probably look it to it.

Trudy: Im glad Karen gave you the road map. I saw it today posted over there how to get them. Also found some more for both you and sent you an email.

Gonna make Karens Itailan Hamburger stuff tonight for dinner. Yummm. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif
We went out shopping today but I didnt find nothing to buy. Guess thats a good thing! I still have money!
Old 02-19-2001, 03:35 AM   #17  

Lily thanks for the ww info. Am going to try that now. It sounds like you all like to check out recipes. We have a big bookshelf of cookbooks and I am forever checking out more in the library. I just like to read them. We went to see the Wedding Planner this afternoon. Was cute. I found Skinny Cow at my local Krogers. They are both good but really liked the chocolate. Trudy right now I am listening to The Edge by Catherine Coulter(?) My son gave me that ab slide thing for my birthday. I can feel it already. Donna if I stretched out any more I would be too tall. I'm almost 5'9". Bye for now, Peggy
Old 02-19-2001, 11:36 AM   #18  
Super Surfer

Lily..thanks for the WW recipe site, I found some that I will try. That was a nice surprise when I went to check my e-mail.
Peggy..I am keeping a note to see if we have "The Edge" at our Library. I look up the titles and authors on their web site.
Glenda..of all the conditions we have to deal with in winter, the icy roads are the worst. The pile up sounded awful.

My DD played piano at Church today and after, she came over with her DH and the Grand-dog. We had a really nice day.

Masterpiece Theatre had "Anna Kerenina" on tonight. First of 2 parts, I enjoyed it...anyone else see it?

Well I'm off to bed.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif Talk to you tomorrow.

Old 02-20-2001, 12:36 AM   #19  
Senior Chick

I can't believe how time flies! I've been keeping up as I race around but haven't had time to post.
I did get all the way to e-tools and I have mixed reviews. I did have to give my credit card but I am not sure I will pay for more than 1 month. I was able to do a great chart on my weight loss but I can't get the online journal to work at all. It is not user friendly. The resources are ok but I still find more info & support here and at Dotti's site. So, I think they launched too early.

Last week I lost 3.2 but gained 1.6 this week. It is stress, I think. It is also my pattern: dribble, dribble, good loss then little gain then good loss then dribble. So if I'm correct, I'll have a good loss this week.
I agree with Peggy I would really be lost if we went metric. I remember being told in elementary school that one day we would and that was a long time ago LOL

DH's work has paid for membership to 24hour Fitness for both of us and pays 1/2 his monthly fee. I pay full amount for month. So, now I am even more motivated to get going on the exercise. And - I am very nervous about going the first time. Bad memories and I still have 88 to lose (yes I know I've lost 100+ already but my mind isn't working that way) The way my schedule is working out and the fact that I'll be away again at the end of the week means that I won't do the first visit until March 1st. So I have plenty of time to build up mu courage. isn't that silly! I am a paying customer -ah the mind does silly things.

Trudy We have a Survivor pool at work and the guy running it does a crazy newsletter. I think these folks are meaner and more cut-throat, except for Rodger & Elizabeth . It does show Australia's beauty.

Glenda We went to basketball too to play our archrival Stanford. Did not do so well. Ah well, I am hopeful that Cal will still get to go to the NCAA this year.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Margot

------------------
30-0-2 +.6 -4.6 -3.2 +1.6 =22.4 to go!

Nothing tastes as good as thin and fit feels
Old 02-20-2001, 10:51 AM   #20  
Super Surfer

Hi everybody.
I've been having PC problems. I have to "refresh" the pages or I can't get the recent posts. I remembered my DD telling me how to go to Tools, and Internet Options and then delete the cache....well I decided "I can do that" so I got this window saying I can also delete the "offline content stored"...now I had never heard of this and thought "no"..I went to cancel and instead clicked on OK and the next thing I knew the PC was running like mad. Now, I am having so much trouble finding my favorites...Does anybody know what the heck I did??? :confused: I need a full time Consultant.

Had a really good day. My DD had the day off so we went to my Wellness facility, and worked out together, lounged in the hot tub and went for a delicious lunch. She came back home with me after and we talked for hours. I just http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif these time I spend with her.

Margot You will have to keep us apprised as to what you think of the e-tools. I think that the more weight that you lose the slower it comes off as you get closer to goal. You will have a good loss and it will boost your determination. You are doing so good.
If you US gals have a choice as to whether or not you go Metric...take my advise and vote NO. We didn't have a choice, our previous Prime Minister Mulroney just did it without any input from the voters. Figuring out grams to ounces is another nightmare. Also all the tools for mechanics, or simple home repair had to be changed. Every houehold has two sets of tools, one for the old equipment and another for the new. Go figure.
Re Survivor - I thing Roger and Elizabeth are pretty decent too. Australia does look like a beautiful country....kind of hot though.

Well, I have been trying to keep up with my 27 year old daughter, so I am pooped...it's off to bed for me. Have a great day tomorrow. I have an appointment for my 6 month pressure test with the Ophamologist. I just dread them..lately the pressure has been pretty constant, hope that keeps up. There is a lot of Glaucoma in my family.

Good-night all.... http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif....
Old 02-20-2001, 07:20 PM   #21  

Trudy computers and metric are definitly not my thing. My computer is always telling me I did something illegal. Pretty soon it will probably arrest me. Sounds like you had a nice day with your DD. Margot once you go that first time it will get better. You are doing a great job. Keep it up. I am doing a leg wash survey. You go twice a day for a week and they put some stuff on your leg. It is a pain - breaks up the day but they pay $100 and it is only 5 minutes from my house. Glad I am not wearing a skirt this week since I have permanent pen marks on leg. Of course they just blend in with all the veins that show. Oh well - off to clean and stuff.
Old 02-20-2001, 10:09 PM   #22  
Life Time 2001

Tracy: I dont have a clue what is wrong. I just went to My IE and did what you did and nothing happened to me. Clearing the cashe is a good thing as files get stored on your computer and do take up a lot of space. The cashe should be cleaned out. I do mine at least weekly if not more.
Do you have Win98? As It could of been that, which I know nada about. Never used it and probably never will.

Peggy: LOL Your puter wont arrest you! To Funny!

Margot: Wow you are doing so good! Sounds like you are really keeping super busy to. Good to see you!
Old 02-20-2001, 10:58 PM   #23  
Fun Blonde

Trudy, I only have a computer at work. One of the things besides money that has kept me from getting one at home is that I am such a barbarian. When something happens at work, I pick up the phone and call Dave, the computer guy. Don't know what you do when you are at home. I know you enjoy your DD 's visits. I can honestly say that I have one daughter-in-law I enjoy so much, we should just leave off the "in-law" part.

Margot - I know how you feel about the fitness center. Last year I joined the University's Wellness Center. I dreaded going the first time, but it didn't take long for me to realize that people are not perfect who come in, that pretty much they look like me, some better, some worse. And the wonderful thing is: Nobody cares what you look like! They are just more concerned about doing their own thing. I have a question of you: Are you going to do the big walk that you tried last year? I can't remember how many miles it was, but it was a lot. This year you would be so much more in shape, but I do realize it took a lot of your time. And you don't seem to have a lot of that to spare.

Well, I am going back to WW on Thursday. Tired of piddling around and I know, despite this horrid weather, spring is around the corner and I want to wear what I did last year.
Glenda
Old 02-21-2001, 10:39 AM   #24  
Super Surfer

Margot... at my fitness center, there are women and men of all ages and sizes. Everyone goes for their own particular reason, and nobody judges anyone else. It was really hard for me the first time I went, I asked my hubby to come along. He sat at the Track Side Cafe, drinking coffee and doing a crossword puzzle while I got my "feet wet". Yes...the mind does do funny things. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
Peggy..I get the "Illegal" stuff too. I have only had a PC for 10 months. I used to get pretty upset with the "blue screen" and all the threats, now I just re-boot.
This leg wash survey, is it for a body wash, or a hair removal? That's not bad $100.00 for 5 min work, I would do it too.
Lily..I do have Internet Explorer. My DD said she will check my PC next time she comes over...hope I don't have to wait too long.
Glenda..when you don't have a Dave to call, you call your kids and try to work the latest PC catastrophe into the conversation without sounding too desperate. Sometimes I can just hear them rolling their eyes.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif

I haven't weighed in during Feb yet. I am having a bad month. On my scale I am up 1 1/2 lbs. Not a happy camper here and that means I will have to pay again. Today didn't help. It was my Sis-in-Law and my niece's birthday party tonight. My niece wanted all her favorite food, so the menu was barbequed back ribs, spicy fried drummies, pyrogies, cole slaw and banana coconut cake. I feel like there is a football in my stomach right now. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif We ate late, and that isn't the best thing for me either. It might be a rough night.

Well, I will see if I can fall asleep...so Good Night all.
Old 02-21-2001, 07:24 PM   #25  

G'day all,

I have just had a chance to get on the net for a very short time. Didn't get to read all the previous posts.
We arrived in Hong Kong last Sunday after having spend a few days with my daughter in Melbourne.
I don't know if any of you have been to HongKong, it really is something quite different. So many people and so much highrise. The shopping is unbelievable but very expensive.
The food is ok, goodness knows if I have stayed within my points range.
The hotel we stay at is opposite a park where the locals practice their tai chi. I have joined them a couple of times and they have been very encouraging. They make gestures that I do well, at least that is how I interpret it
Anyway I must be off, hope you are all well and will let you know how I went weight wise on my return in a week or so time.
Cheers
Maria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Old 02-21-2001, 10:17 PM   #26  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: I have a "Dave" I call him Nerd Boy/Hacker Boy and it is my DH.
He helps me when I dont know something. He does come in handy, so I will keep him around

Peggy: Leg wash? They pay you to go? Does it hurt? Interesting. Long time ago I bought one of those leg things that pull the hair out. OUCH!!!!!!!! It was expensive to.

Trudy: Oh my that dinner sounds yummy. But what is spicy fried drummies?

Maria: Hello! My Hubby has been to Hong Kong before, for work. But I was left behind. I have heard tai chi can be very relaxing to. Never seen it done tho.
Old 02-22-2001, 03:23 AM   #27  
Super Surfer

Hi everyone...I got a postcard from our friend Slavika today. The caption is "A Big Aloha From Hawaii", and the picture is of a very large lady, with a lot of attitude , wearing a blue bikini, laying on the beach drinking champagne. On one of her ample thighs she wrote "Slavika" http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif. She asked me to say HI to all her cyber friends on 3FC. She has a "sun rash" on her arms and legs. I have never heard of that. I hope it isn't painful. It sure will be great having her back.
Lily..LOL My Nerd Boy doesn't know a thing about 'puters, you had better keep yours.
Drummies are the meaty part of the chicken wing. She buys them skinless, breads and fries them and then makes a spicy sauce they simmer in. Tasty, but they are not low cal.
Maria..I guess you are still in Hong Kong, I have never been there. I have tried Tai Chi, and Ai Chi (almost the same thing but done in the water) and found it to be a relaxing workout.

Last nights meal had me up most of the night. Feeling very slow today. I am making an Oven Stew for supper, it will be hearty and basic.

We are in the grip of an Artic cold snap. It was -32C last night which I think is about 20 below O F. However, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. We have to be grateful for small mercies. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

Hope everyone is having a great day....
Old 02-22-2001, 04:43 AM   #28  

Hi to all, Just got back from lunch with DH's parents. Both 84 and neither one can hear and she even had her ears in. It is like an echo - we keep repeating the same things over and over. Oh well - you gotta love them. If you have someone in your house that knows puters you are lucky. My DH plays hearts and free cell - that's his knowledge. I have only had mine for 6 months and I just figured out how to cut and paste. We have a friend who knows a lot so if I have a problem I take it over to his office and we play. I have a laptop. I really hate to bother him too much. My leg thing is easy. They mark a square spot on each leg with a pen and twice a day they rub some kind of cream on it. It only takes 5 minutes. I had to have dry skin to qualify. They gave us a bar of Olay soap to use for a week before. I imagine that it is some kind of Olay thing that P&G is testing. They don't know what it is either. Usually I go over and taste food. It is like 7-10 dollars to do it. They do a lot of fragrance testing but they won't use you if you're over 55 - they say you smeller doesn't work as well anymore. They have never seen me in the shampoo aisle. Trudy your drummies sound good. We call them hot wings here. I am glad Slavika is having a good time. At least she is warm. Maria I have never been much of anywhere. Did get past Chicago last fall - we went to Cannon BEach in Oregon and crossed over into Washington. It was beautiful. Other than that it is the Bahama's and Punta Cana. Bye for now, Peggy
Old 02-23-2001, 02:59 AM   #29  
donna p

Morning all... this week has just flown by.
Peggy that was a good recipie site. thanks.
I'm glad Slavika is having a great time but who wouldn't. It is starting to warm up here but that of course means clouds and rain so not a great trade off. I prefer sun even if it is cold out. Of course cold in not much below freezing here.
It sounds like Maria is having a good time too. they say Tai Chi is very good for you.

Oh Trudy your birthday party meal sounds so delicious - alot of my favourites too..
I have been so on programme this week. I know I will be down tomorrow but wouldn't it be great to eat all we wanted whenever we wanted...I know - I'm starting to get delirious.

take care all and have a good op day...donna

Old 02-23-2001, 09:23 AM   #30  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: I have never heard of a sun rash either. She should of let us go instead
Glad she is having a great time. Course I knew she would! Now I know Drummies are spicy chicken wings. Yummm.

Peggy: That sounds like fun what you are doing. Love Oil of Olay! Use the liquid soap everyday. Makes my dry skin not dry any more. Use to itch really bad all the time cuz my skin was so dry. But since I started using it I havent had a problem.

Donna: Sure wish it would warm up here! Havent seen sun all week. I want spring so bad right now. Hope you have a great WI tomorrow!
Closed Thread