Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 05:42 AM   #1  

Default > Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 Year Old #176

G'day all,

It is fridaynight 7.30 and we have just returned from taking ds and partner to the airport for their return to Adelaide.
It was lovely having them here and today I went shopping with son's partner and son played golf with dh.
We had a lovely time shopping, Delvene is a very slim and fit girl and everything just looks lovely on her. We bought a few nice things.

So here we are back just 2 again Some changes in the wind again at dh's work, I won't elaborate as it may well change again.

Lily I am a bit like your dh, I don't like going to the movies much but loved the IMAX so perhaps you should persuade him to go. I agree with Ann it can make you feel a little sqeamish when it seems like you are zooming around but it soon passes.

Slavika Good to see you post and I am pleased your teeth are now 'finished' and they feel good. How do you normally get on line, I always have to use the phone line, at home we have 2 phone lines for that reason. In the apartment where we stay here, we also have 2 lines.

We are having visitors (business colleage of dh) on sunday which is going to make my trips to the bathroom a bit tricky, not sure how I am going to get around it.
Monday at 9 o'clock the tickets to the one and only concert Chris Isaak is giving in Sydney, are going on sale. The very same time I am having the colonoscopy Dh has had to make a promise that he WILL make it his priority on Monday morning to book the tickets.

I'll be off to play some canasta, haven't done that for a while.

See ya all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 04-19-2002, 09:21 PM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down Hi Ya'll

It is 9:15 Friday eve. I just got back from my line dancing class. Very good exercise. Getting ready for the weigh-in tomorrow.:
Hope it is better than last week.

I went on the Southern Comfort web page, and found a punch recipe that I think will work. I let you know when it is all over, if people enjoyed it, or were laid out because it was too potent, like the real Kickapoo Joy Juice.:

Maria: Good luck with your bathroom trips, and company. Should be interesting

Hope you all have a great weekend. Ann
Old 04-20-2002, 09:56 AM   #3  
RAR

Good morning everyone! well I finally made it back my computer has been down for over a week and was waiting on some one to fix it since I am so new finally got digusred and figured it out my self only had to plug the phone line in dah!!!!!!! just letting everyone else think it was something major and I figured it out so will be back on line as I missed reading the posts so everybody have a great Saturday Rita
Old 04-20-2002, 01:41 PM   #4  

Default Couldn't Resist- had to share

CLASS REUNION OF
A LADY "of a certain age"

I had prepared for it like any intelligent woman would. I went on a
starvation diet the day before, knowing that all the extra weight would just melt off in 24-hours, leaving me with my sleek, trim, high-school-girl body. The last many years of careful cellulite collection would just be gone with a snap of a finger. I knew if I didn't eat a morsel on Friday, that I could probably fit into my senior formal on Saturday.

Trotting up to the attic, I pulled the gown out of the garment bag, carried it lovingly downstairs, ran my hand over the fabric, and hung it on the door. I stripped naked, looked in the mirror, sighed, and thought, "Well,okay, maybe if I shift it all to the back..." bodies never have pockets where you need them.

Bravely, I took the gown off the hanger, unzipped the shimmering dress and stepped gingerly into it. I struggled, twisted, turned, and pulled and I got the formal all the way up to my knees... before the zipper gave out. I was disappointed. I wanted to wear that dress with those silver platform sandals again and dance the night away. Okay, one setback was not going to spoil my mood for this affair. No way!

Rolling the dress into a ball and tossing it into the corner, I turned to Plan B: the black velvet caftan.

I gathered up all the goodies that I had purchased at the drug store: the
scented shower gel; the body building and highlighting shampoo & conditioner, and the split-end killer and shine enhancer. Soon my hair would
look like that girl's in the Pantene ads.

Then the makeup -- the under eye "ain't no lines here" firming cream, the all-day face-lifting gravity-fighting moisturizer with wrinkle filler spackle; the all day" kiss me till my lips bleed, and see if this gloss will come off" lipstick, the bronzing face powder for that special glow. But first, the roll-on facial hair remover. I could feel the wrinkles shuddering in fear.

OK, time to get ready! I jumped into the steaming shower, soaped, lathered,
rinsed, shaved, tweezed, buffed, scrubbed and scoured my body to a tingling pink. I plastered my freshly scrubbed face with the anti-wrinkle, gravity fighting, "your face will look like a baby's butt" face cream. I set my hair on the hot rollers. I felt wonderful. Ready to take on the world. Or in this instance, my underwear.

With the towel firmly wrapped around my glistening body, I pulled out the
black lace, tummy-tucking, cellulite-pushing, ham hock-rounding girdle, and
the matching "lifting those bosoms like they're filled with helium"bra. I
greased my body with the scented body lotion and began the plunge. I pulled,
stretched, tugged, hiked, folded, tucked, twisted, shimmied, hopped, pushed, wiggled, snapped, shook, caterpillar crawled and kicked. Sweat poured off my forehead but I was done. And it didn't look bad. So I rested. A well deserved rest, too.

The girdle was on my body. Bounce a quarter off my behind? It was tighter
than a trampoline. Can you say, "Rubber baby buggy bumper butt?" Okay, so I had to take baby steps, and walk sideways, and I couldn't move from my butt cheeks to my knees. But I was firm! Oh no...I had to go to the bathroom. And there wasn't a snap crotch.

From now on, undies have to have a snap crotch! I was ready to rip it open and re-stitch the crotch with Velcro, but the pain factor from past
experiments was still fresh in my mind. I quickly side stepped to the
bathroom.

An hour later, I had answered nature's call and repeated the struggle into the girdle. I was ready for the bra. I remembered what the saleslady said to do. I could see her glossed lips mouthing, "Do not fasten the bra in the front, and twist it around. Put the bra on the way it should be worn--straps over the shoulders. Then bend over and gently place both breasts inside the cups."

Easy if you have four hands. But, with confidence, I put my arms into the holsters, bent over and pulled the bra down...but the boobs weren't
cooperating. I'd no sooner tuck one in a cup, and while placing the other,
the first would slip out. I needed a strategy. I bounced up and down a few
times, tried to dribble them in with short bunny hops, but that didn't work. So, while bent over, I began rocking gently back and forth on my heel and toes and I set 'em to swinging. Finally, on the fourth swing, pause, and lift, I captured the gliding glands. Quickly fastening the back of the bra, I stood up for examination. Back straight, slightly arched, I turned and faced the mirror, turning front, and then sideways. I smiled. Yes, Houston, we have lift up! My breasts were high, firm and there was cleavage!

I was happy until I tried to look down. I had a chin rest. And I couldn't see my feet.

I still had to put on my pantyhose, and shoes. Oh...why did I buy heels with buckles? Then I had to pee again.

I put on my sweats, fixed myself a drink, ordered pizza, and skipped the
reunion.

IF THIS DID NOT GIVE YOU A GOOD LAUGH - YOU'RE TOO YOUNG!
Old 04-21-2002, 12:11 AM   #5  
Net browser

Hi Everybody It's getting late and I am really tired tonight but I just stopped in to read and I have to tell you Peggy I just loved that story of the poor gal's Class Reunion. LOL Thank you for posting it....
Talk to you all tomorrow. Night.:sheep:
Old 04-21-2002, 04:42 AM   #6  
Ash

Hi all.

Gee there was a lot to catch up on, even in a few days.

Maria. I have had a colonoscopy and there is nothing to worry about. As the girls have told you the worst part is before. What a shame you are having guests as you will spend your time in the toilet. I was told to take the TV with me and stay there instead of going back and forth. I am glad you enjoyed having your dd with you for a while.

Painter 5 I really enjoyed your
'story" about the lady and the re-union, I have never laughed so much and certainly can see the comparisions to all of us as we
" get older"

Slavika Glad you are safely back. I am still here but have been in the background moping, but am out of it now.

Well girls I had better go and get dh his tea as I have nothing planned yet.

See you soon,

Ash/Jenye

Last edited by Ash; 04-21-2002 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:37 AM   #7  
Net browser

i Everybdoy
Well here I am on my own computer nice to be back on. The trouble with my printer was the cord which was what I thought at the beginning and told them. I think also, I did something wrong when I re-installed windows. All is well now and I am happy. I can't believe how quickly the weekend went by. On Saturday afternoon friends of ours had their 50th Wedding Anniversary get together at their daughters. She had a open house (1:00 to 5:00) for them, which she had catered. The fellow who did the catering did a marvelous job and even made this beautiful ice sculpture. It's the friend I have lunch with every Wednesday and she looked just great.
Yesterday afternoon our friends that were in Maui since January came over and it was nice seeing them again. Later DH and I went out for dinner as it was getting too late to fix something up.
I was up really early this morning doing laundry and I washed my kitchen and bathroom floors and now I thought I would hang out for awhile on my computer. Later I will do the little bit of ironing I have. I get my grandchildren today after school too. That's always nice.
Maria My computer is hooked up to High Speed Cable so it has nothing to do with my phone lines. How did your test go today?
Ann glad you found a recipe for the party. I'm sure it will be great (or was the party this weekend)?
Ash happy to see you back and feeling better.
Rita glad you were able to solve your computer problem, LOL, sometimes it really is a simple little thing.
Talk to you all later.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:19 PM   #8  
Fun Blonde

Goodness, things are a-jumpin! for you all. Maria, you just have visitors galore; Slavika, yea for getting the computer back; Ann, I hope your Kickapoo Joy Juice was a hit; and (oh yes, less I forget!) Maria, I do hope your test went well. The test is nothing, but oh, the before!

Another weekend just went by me in a blur! I need another day. We went to see my husband's 86-year-old aunt who lives 2.5 hours away and while there went to dil's brother's wedding reception. Since it was in the same direction, we did both with one trip.

Beautiful weather here! Doing well with the food program--just having some trouble getting it to show on the scales. Oh well, what's new!
Glenda
Old 04-22-2002, 03:00 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Glad to hear your teeth are all better now and you are free for another year Yippee! Your puter is fixed!

Maria: Im going to talk DH into checking out IMAX. If he wont then I will just have to go with a friend.

Peggy: Loved the Class reunion! Was very funny!

Rita: Glad you goot your puter problem sloved! Its a pain when they dont work.

Ann: What is Kick a boo juice anyways? Never heard of it.

Glenda: Sounds like you are so busy! Slow down..

Spent most the week end out side it was so beautiful here. Then went for a ride on sunday and out to luch. SO didnt even check in. Gladd all is well with everybody.

Later!
Old 04-22-2002, 07:26 PM   #10  

Maria hope you are doing o.k. today now that the test is behind you. I have been thinking of you. Take care. Everyone hi I will check back tomorrow. Today has been crazy.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:27 PM   #11  

G'day all,

All went well yesterday and the 'before' was not as bad as I expected, I even coped with making sensible conversation with dh's work colleagues. They only stayed a short while and then, dh took them out to dinner and left me to it!

I really would like to know if you think I am unreasonable .
Yesterday morning I took a taxi and got to the private hospital for the test. All was well, I was put on a bed in my very attractive gown and the anethetist came to see me. He seemed a nice young man. I was then wheeled into the 'procedure room' and I noticed an elderly grey headed man sitting in the corner. He had on a hospital gown, casually tied at the back making it obvious he had nothing on other than trousers. I felt a bit uncomfortable thinking it was an other patient but no it was the doctor!!!!!!!!!
A bit late to change anything and before I knew it, I was back in recovery having an orange juice and a sandwich. I got dressed and was told to sit in the waiting room and the doctor would be with me 'shortly'. There was an elderly man who also had the procedure by the same doctor. The other people in the waiting room all had different doctors and they were being seen very quickly. The elderly man told nme that he had been waiting for nearly an hour and by this time I had waited 40 minutes. I asked the nursing staff 'how much longer' and they assured me that it should not be much longer. A further procession of patients from the other doctors were coming and going and the old man and myself were still sitting there. After waiting for well over an hour I got up and said to the nursing staff that I had decided to leave and the results to be posted to my doctor. They persuaded for me to wait a bit longer but agreed with me it was ridiculous for me to wait this long. I waited a further ten minutes, asked where to sign and walked out with the message to the doctor that I found him to be totally unprofessional in his management of time and his dress and that I was really quite angry
As I was waiting for the lift I saw the nursing staff having a heated discussion with the doctor and they beckoned me back but being the way I am, I had made my stand and just said 'send the results, I am going home'.
Of course now I don't know the results, I will ring my doctor today and let her know what happened.
I just get so angry when the medical profession treats their patients with such disdain, if there is an emergency fine, but if it is due to poor time management skills, there is no excuse.
I feel better now that I have written this, and I wonder if any of you agree with me or have had similar experiences.

Enough of that, on a very positive note, dh got the tickets to the Chris Isaak Show on May 31 , I am so pleased

Loved the story Peggy .

Lily you won't regret going to the IMAX and if you get your dh to go, I am willing to bet he will enjoy it.

Slavika not many households have high speed cable connection here in Australia, most use their phone line. We enquired about ADSL, it is very expensive. We might consider it when we are home permanently.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 04-22-2002 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:51 PM   #12  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Maria YES!!!!!!! good for you. Life to short to spend it waiting .
Really, we all have things to do, certainly things we would rather be doing. There's no excuse to keep anybody waiting, unless, as you say an emergency of some sort has come up. We spend so much time just waiting.......for repairman who say they will be at your home between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, hairdressers, (fortunately not mine) in lines to "PAY" for things we wish to purchase. on telephones, waiting to speak to a "live" person, the list is endless. I think it's also bad manners. Maybe because you did what you did, the "old" doctor will improve. If he had a "good" reason to be sooo late, was there nobody in the whole place who could have relayed that message to you and the other person who was waiting??
Well enough said.
Lily sounds like both you and Glenda had nice weekends. Good for you both.
Talk to you all tomorrow. Night.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:03 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Kickapoo Joy Juice

Hi All
Lily: If you remember the Lil Abner comic strip, Kickapoo Joy Juice was the potent drink that Lonesome Polecat and Hairless Joe made in their still. It was said that one drink would turn a person stiff. So we are calling our punch Kickapoo Joy Juice, but we have to be careful how potent it is. We couldn't have all these retired ones flat on the floor before dinner is served.: : : We have been doing a lot of research on Dog Patch and the characters developed by Al Kapp. It is really funny. The party is Sat. the 27th. So we are in the last stages of planning. How do you like this menu? Wild Boar Barbeque, Wild Turkey, Possum on a stick, Skunk Cabbage Slaw, Tater Salad, Tooters (baked Beans) greens from down in the Holler, hushpuppies, and Peach Cobbler. We will have a really good Banjo player for our entertainment, before dancing. Now doesn't that sound like a great party.

I maintained at my weigh-in on Sat. better than gaining. See you all tomorrow.

Maria: I agree with you. there is no excuse for that sort of treatment. Glad things went well for you Ann
Old 04-22-2002, 11:39 PM   #14  

Ann Your party sounds like it is going to be just great fun. Pity none of us can attend

You must take some photos and post them on the net so we can all share a bit of the fun

Cheers
Maria
Old 04-23-2002, 03:45 PM   #15  
Fun Blonde

Maria - YEA for you! I have had so many dealings with the medical establishment, especially the last 8 years since cancer diagnosis. I have had so many instances such as this and after awhile, I started becoming agressive too. I found that the nicer you are, the more you can get taken advantage of. This even goes into the diagnosis part of it. If I had remained "nice", I would be dead now. I would have just accepted my doctor's advice and not gone anywhere else and just died. That is the truth. Maria, this will not happen to you, I am sure. You have to become your own advocate in all these matters--no one else will take your part.

Ann, I figured somebody would not know about Li'l Abner and Dogpatch. It was one of my favorite cartoon strips. When my kids were little, there was a Dogpatch USA in Arkansas we visited. Kind of sad that the younger generation doesn't know any of that whole concept, isn't it?

Well, I am bored at work right now. Nothing to do and 2 hours to do it in. YUCK! This is when I wish I were retired too, going to a banquet with Kickapoo Joy Juice.
Glenda
Closed Thread