Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies,

This is a busy day so this will be a quick one.

Jane - Went to the chiro yesterday and it felt so good to relax under the heat treatment and then the manipulation treatment even felt good. Tony finished up and was released to come in for treatment as needed. I got what they call a wave pillow two weeks ago and it has really improved my neck and my back. I had only lost about 1/4" of the treatment while out last week so the doc said I was doing really good. I guess that means my body is holding the treatments very well.

I'm in one of these moods where I don't want to diet and I am tired of thinking about it or food. Don't know what I want to eat so maybe I don't want to eat. Don't understand the new mood. Nothing tastes good and I don't want to bother cooking or even think about it. Is this good or bad? I don't know.

Got to run go to get out of here. Bible study class this morning and to night with chiro treatment between. Hope everyone is doing well and have a great day.

Catch ya when I can.

Trish
Old 09-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #77  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Jane, I'm doing core. I've heard from several ladies that they don't use the extra 35 points. I don't know if I'll be able to do that, but with the points I feel as if I have too much flexibility. I might try to just eat my AP points. The scale isn't moving, but I can tell from the way my clothes fit that I am making progress.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #78  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello ladies,

Have a great trip Jane!

Trish,,,I need to go to my chiropractor,,,maybe get in a massage. The last time i went I was in agony. She had worked my back so hard my skin felt bruised. But Im willing to chance it again...

Patty,,,well I would complain bout the lack of weight off,,,as long as the clothes feel loose,,,means your toning.

nothing new around here,,,still working,,,*sigh Have a meeting each Wed at noon to talk about our jobs. Im fustrated. We are short staffed and its causing alot of people to their minds. Its just insane.

Anyways just thought I would say hello
Old 09-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #79  

Good afternoon ladies, thought I'd stop by and say hello to you. I'm at school waiting for class to start so I can't stay...hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #80  
GmaTo8

Just checking in from North Carolina. It's a gorgeous day here, and my friends and I will be taking in the downtown sites after while.

Have a good day, and I'll "see" you later.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #81  

Height: 5' 7"

Not much happening here. I'm still having ear aches, so I know my sinus infection isn't healed up yet. Yesterday my lungs hurt (no wheezing, just hurt), so I didn't walk or ride. Didn't feel like dealing with an asthma attack. I'm just waiting for a call back from the doctor today, as I need more antibiotics.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #82  

Hi Ladies,

Tried this earlier and lost it into cyberspace so will try again. Not much going on here. Just going for treatments which they tell me I'm doing really good and I have to admitt that I am feeling better.

Debbie - Sorry your feeling back to yourself. Hope you got in touch with your doc and get help soon so you get to feeling back to par.

Ruth - Glad you dropped in to say hello. I thought of you and your family when y'all got all that rain again.

Angie - I hope you get the help you need at work. Have they found a replacement for you to move into your new position?

Jane - Glad you are having a good time in NC.

Marti, Jaime - How are you doing?

Patty, Sue, Jen and anyone else I missed -

Y'all have a good week end! Catch ya later.

Trish
Old 09-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #83  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi all, I got my medication yesterday. She gave me another week's worth of antibiotics. She's giving me samples because I don't have health insurance. My doctor's office is wonderful about doing that!

I just had my butt kicked big time! I just tried to do Level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I only got through 2 circuits, and I fell in a big heap on the floor! I felt like I should be hearing "Clean up on aisle 7" I was such a mess. I was overheated, sweating, and panting for breathe. But I'm going to try to do it again tomorrow and hopefully I'll make it through more. I know I'll be buying this DVD as soon as I have the money. I have Comcast, and their OnDemand system has level 1 & level 2 of this DVD, but I see that it says that Level 1 is going to end about Oct 7th. So, I have to make sure I get this DVD. It's awesome.

Patty, glad the treatments are working and your feeling better.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #84  

Good Morning all....

Hey Trish, are you still in the same mood you talked about earlier. Truthfully, I hate thinking about food also. Cooking is the worse!! Sometimes I think I hate food as much as I think I love it. Right now I'm just taking one day at a time. I need to take off 5 lbs that I've gained back...I guess the main thing is not to give up...so hang in there. So, for motivation I went out and bought some new clothes that fit snug, I need to lose about 5 lbs for them to be comfortable...10 would be great. Also, next week I'm going to get my hair cut...you know sometimes when you need a pick-me-up a good haircut will do the trick.

Jane, hope you ar having fun on your trip. Have a safe one.

Debbie, hope you are feeling better.

Angelia, how are you feeling? Hope the job discussion goes okay. Did you ever get your Wii....I've been neglecting mine...guess today is just as good as any to get bakck on it.

Well, ladies, hope everyone is having a good weekend. We had two birthday parties for grandbabies this weekend. The youngest one turned 1 yesterday and my oldest daughters youngest turns 4 today. I turned the pick 5-0 on Friday...Maurice took me to eat at my favorite restaurant which is actually in Longview, Texas...which is about an hours drive from Shreveport. Then yesterday we went shopping....and my youngest daughter is taking me for a pedicure later today.

Well, I've got some studying to do, take care and I'll talk to you later.

Last edited by short & sassy; 09-21-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-22-2008, 04:28 AM   #85  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

I'm back, had a blast, and will catch up later.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #86  

Hi Ladies,

Jane - Welcome back. Glade you had such a great time.

Ruth - Yeah pretty much. Good luck on reaching your goal. Since my doctor told me to stop dieting, I'm doing IE (Intuitive Eating) again. It is working for me since now I can eat only when I'm hungry and stop when I'm satisfied. No limit on how much I have to eat. I'm working on the idea that there are no good or bad foods. It worked today when I went out to eat KFC. I ordered something I used to love and found it didn't taste like I remembered it. I only took 3 bites of it. I even took the skin/batter off the chicken.

Went to have my adjustment today and talked to the doctor about how I had been feeling this week end. The adjustments and suppliments I'm taking are working. I am really feeling a lot better. I don't think I will have to take all 24 treatments that medicare allows.

Hope everybody is doing okay.

Trish
Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #87  
GmaTo8

Good morning,

Trish - IE will probably work well for you, since you sometimes have trouble finishing all your points. You can still incorporate the basic WW guidelines of healthy eating, and get the best of both worlds.

Ruth - a belated Happy Birthday to you! I'm so sorry that I missed that. Sounds like you and Maurice had fun, and the pedicure will be a treat. Before you know it, those clothes will be fitting just fine.

Debbie - hahaha, clean up on aisle 7 - too funny! My doc is good about giving free samples, too. I like that. Hope you're feeling much better now.

Angie - are things any better at work? Hopefully, you're getting some new people in to lighten the load.

SPatty - this might sound funny, but if you ate your extra 35 points, the scale might move. The points are built into the plan to be eaten. Regardless, since your clothes are looser, you're making progress.

Ah, it's great to be home, but I had such a good time with my friends, I wish it didn't have to end so soon. My dog Molly sure was glad to see me. She had a smile from ear to ear when she saw me, and I wish I could've got a picture of that. The weekend was a bust as far as staying OP, but I stocked up on healthy groceries yesterday.

Have a good day!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #88  

Hi Ladies,

Debbie - I hope the new meds are working for you and that you are feeling better.

Jane - I think you are right about the IE working for me. I read this morning on the IE thread that they say once you doe IE that you have a difficult time ever dieting again. It is easy to eat healthy when doing IE since eating good healthy foods is a most on any way of eating.

I went for chiropractic treatment again today. I told my doctor that I actually got up and did housework just because I felt like it not just because it needed to be done. He said that was good news as it means the treatments are working. He gave me the name of his dentist and told me to tell him that he sent me to him. He not only is his dentist but his friend. He also gave me the name of a medical doctor who also works with chiropractic doctors and is his doctor. I won't go to the medical doctor until after the first of the year. However, Tony drove straight over to the dentists office and made an appointment for me to start getting my teeth cleaned and fixed this Thursday morning. He has an appointment next month. My dull uneventful life is suddenly getting busy. Got BSF in the morning and regular BS tomorrow night.

Angie, Jaime, and others of you MIA let us hear from you.

Hope everyone is doing well. Catch ya later.

Trish
Old 09-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #89  
GmaTo8

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that there is a lot going on in my life right now, and I'm trying to limit my posting except where I'm needed as a moderator. Nothing is wrong, or anything like that, so don't worry. I'm just catching up with real life.

Keep each other company, and take care!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #90  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Okay...I am going to bump this up. I have missed hearing about Trish, Angie, Ruth and all you ladies....... I don't post here much, but I read and take encouragement from you all. Hope everyone is well.

I had a big week...I hit 60 years old and hit 166 on the scales. I wanted to be at 160 by my birthday, but feel lucky to be doing as well as I am. I am a very slow loser...have been up and down for years, so take what I can get.

We are starting to have cooler nights and the leaves are turning and falling. This morning a big buck walked right through our yard. Very pretty!

Keep up the good work ladies and help keep me motivated.

Last edited by suetalks; 10-09-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Closed Thread