Old 05-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

morning all and a very happy Sunday to everyone! It is just a beautiful morning here! Just too wonderful, the sun is shining and it just looks wonderful outside. I went to W/I yesterday and was down 2.0 lbs, I am now officially 2 lbs from my 50 lb mark... but as luck would have it I woke up this morning to find that my TOM has arrived... AGAIN! UGH! Oh well, not much we can do about it... just sad because it almost always means a gain next W/I.

Bandit: YOU GO GIRL! Great loss for you! You are really doing wonderful and it just goes to show what a re-commitment can do for us all, not to mention I think that it shows how much going to meetings really does help.

Judy: How are you doing this weekend?

Cherry: My heart just breaks for those families, I am very glad that you and yours are safe though.

Have a happy day all!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 05-18-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:14 AM   #17  

Morning all and happy Monday to everyone! I did a ton of yard work this weekend and also got the vegetable garden planted... we did tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, peppers, watermelon, cantaloupe, and zucchini this year... one of my co-workers has a couple extra broccoli plants for me so we may try those also. Not much else is new, I did not get any walking in this weekend but I figured with all the yard work I should be ok but I should have made time to at least take the dogs for a walk. It turned out to be a pretty nice weekend here although it is chilly today.

Did everyone have a nice weekend?

Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #18  

Morning all and happy Tuesday... where is everyone? Not much new here except looking forward to the long weekend coming up!

Have a good day!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #19  

Good morning Princess. I have been reading your posts i just hadn't gotten around to posting. Sorry you had to talk to yourself 3 days in a row. Your garden sounds like you will have some tasty veggies and fruit to eat. I love greenbeans and tomatoes from the garden. I also like the snow peas from the garden to. Also congrats on being down 2 pounds and being only 2 pounds from your 50 pound mark! THAT IS GREAT!

Hope everyone else shows up soon and is doing well. I will try to stop by to post more later.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #20  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Princess and all the Turtles,
Princess, : weigh to go!!! You did great. Even with the TOM your new WI might be the same which really means you will lose weight the next week. You are doing fantastically well. keep up the good work!

Sorry I couldn't write--extremely busy weekend and then my dh and I headed out to the end of the island for alittle break. Food wise I'm off track, but I will go to my WW mtg. tomorrow and get back on track then. I am determined to do well.

Bandit and Cherry and Ladybug and all the Turtles--keep on doing well and here's a to get you on your way!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #21  

Morning all and Happy Wednesday! The long weekend is coming and I for one can not wait! I will be leaving work early on Friday, I have two dogs that need to go to the vet for their check-up... ugh, that is never good on my budget but they need to go so go they shall...

The sun is out and it looks like it is going to be a nice day today and they are calling for nice weather this weekend, I could not ask for more!

Judy: Good luck at your W/I, I know you will be back on track with your eating soon.

Just my thoughts here but I think that we are all looking at a diet with an instant gratification mentality and that is where we fail, if we just keep our heads down, climb back on when we fall off and take it day to day then I think that there is no way we can fail. Again, just my thoughts.

Have a happy day all!
Princess
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #22  
Chick

Princess, You are big time right! I got on the scale this morning at home and even though I ate huge yesterday my good habits are really at work all the time. I am heading to my mtg. right now. Good luck at the vet with your dogs.

I'm on track and looking at the big picture. I also need to get to a breakthrough weight and that's what I'll be working on this week. I'm not sad and I am determined. I also recognize that some emotional pulls still like to be satisfied (temporarily) by food. So, I'm planning my food, eating within my points and keepin' on keepin' on.

Princess, you're so close to a fabulous goal. Weigh to go.

Bandit, you've been doing great. How are you?

We've got a big luau planned for this weekend but since I'm in charge of the food, I'll have plenty I can eat and stay on track.
to us all.
Judy
Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone

Been busy up here with our long weekend last week & opening trailer etc.

Princess - nice job on your loss. That is great

Judy - way to go with "keeping on" Keep going & your results will come

Cherry - hope you are doing well.

So, you guys have your long weekend coming up. I always forget we are actually in different countries & have different holidays. Silly me!

I hope you all have a great long weekend. I have my w/i this Friday & hoping I didn't sabotage myself over my long weekend. Easy to do, even with good intentions going in - so prepare & plan ahead!

Have fun.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #24  
Chick

Bandit, good luck on your WI. You're doing great! :

Princess, I'm taking your words to heart. They're a good help.

Great day today. I'm eating when I'm hungry and cutting back on portions a bit. I tried having 1/2 sandwich for lunch and got hungry for dinner earlier so I ate! Duh. The WW mtg. was inspiring. Talked about what preps we have to make for the long BBQ season ahead=-what will become habits and what will we still have to overcome as challenges. Good thinking. I've got some handy BBQ salads and just found a new one that I think will work with spinach, avacado, and mango. Haven't tried it, but it sounds yummy.

Okay--Cherry and everyone--take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/up more than I'd like/thinner into onederland
Old 05-22-2008, 07:44 AM   #25  

Morning all and happy Thursday! The city is going wild here, they are gearing up for the Indy 500 this weekend and it was also announced that Indy won the right to host the Super Bowl in 2012... All of us that live here are trying to figure a way to get out of the city this weekend while everyone else is trying to get in... too funny!

DH came up with a wonderful idea for this weekend... we are going to go canoing on Sunday, just the two of us... and maybe a trip to the zoo on Saturday, the Koala bears are on loan to the Indianapolis Zoo for the summer and I would like to go and see them, they also have a new under water aquarium that I would like to see... Actually, I have lived here since 1995 and have never been to the zoo here. Used to go to the Philly Zoo all the time when I was a teenager but have never been here and I hear that it is really a fantastic place.

For once they are not calling for rain until late Monday evening so we may actually luck out this year and not have a rainy holiday weekend! Yah! DS and his girlfriend have tickets to the 500 so they will be heading over to the track on Sunday for the race but DH and I will be heading south for our day on the river and a nice canoe ride.

Judy: You are doing great! Keep at it and you will be at your first goal in no time and then it gets a bit easier, I think anyway, because you are more motivated. I miss Ariana's post with all of the tips and hints she used to give us, I am no where near as inspirational as she was.

Bandit: Good luck at your W/I tomorrow! I know you will do great!

Have a happy day everyone!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 05-22-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #26  
Chick

Princess, I loved Ariana's suggestions too. She always hit the problem on the head and gave good advice. You're saying the right things for me and I really do appreciate it. By the way, my computer is still kicking its heels and somedays I can't get on this site, but I'm always thinking of you turtles and wishing you well.

It is so funny that you guys are looking to get out of town while all the strangers are pouring in. I don't blame you one bit! I think your garden sounds fantastic. I'm going to try and see if I can't get some plants into pots for the backyard where I've got a lot of sun. A real garden would be too much for me to handle, but a few plants would be wonderful.

Bandit, have a great weekend. Yeah, we're country neighbors. Isn't the internet amazing?

I've gotta run and buy food for the weekend. We've had cold and rainy days here for quite a bit now, but the weekend weather forecast is good, so I hope the forecast comes true.

You all take care and be well.
I'm already down a pound from yesterday and I'm working hard at this.
My immediate goal is 214# at home. I can do that this week.
Judy
234.6/working on it for real/thinner into onederland
Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #27  
Chick

Princess, have a wonderful time canoeing. That sounds like so much fun.

I've gotten a lot of work done today and I stayed OP so I'm very happy.
I did something for dinner and I don't know if anyone would be interested, but here it is:
Creamed Cauliflower and Peas
Cook frozen cauliflower and a small amount of peas until done.
Strain, then make a white sauce with 2t. olive oil and 1T. flour. Cook two together for about a minute, then add about 1/2c. ff milk. Cook until thickened, then add back the veggies. I ate a huge amount and I calculate it as 3 points and a good way to get my healthy oil in since I'm not a big fan of raw salads. I've done creamed sauce for carrots, brocoli, pretty much anything--especially mushrooms--and it's delicious over meat or on the side.

Take care and be well.
Judy
Old 06-07-2008, 01:16 AM   #28  

Hi everyone:

Was alittle confused trying to find where we left off, but then read about them losing information posted after May 22nd.

I did my w/i and was up 1.2# this week, so wasn't very happy about that.

The weather is crazy - last night had to wear my jacket & today was 31 and very humid. Suppose to be hot & sunny tomorrow then storms on Sun/Mon.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #29  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yes, I guess the maintenance done on the website lost our later posts.

Bandit, I'm sorry about your gain because I know you were looking for a loss.
This is temporary and it'll come off this week.

Weather has been nuts. We're raining and humid, looking toward temps. in the nineties for the next few days.

Today is my dd's surprise party which should be a lot of fun. Her new dh planned it and we're looking forward to a good time. Tomorrow we're heading to my other daughter's for a BBQ. I'll bring some healthy choices for myself such as veggies and fruit. I'll also bring a couple of ff hot dogs since they are pretty tasty and much better in points.

Okay, gotta run. Everybody have a good weekend and chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/215.8/thinner into onederland
Old 06-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #30  

Hi ladies - I don't know if your news follows it, but all the GM stuff going on up here is where I live - Oshawa, Ontario. Not very good for some of the people here.

Anyway, I am just getting ready to head up to my trailer since today is going to be very hot. So will be nice to be near the water.

Have a great weekend!