3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #200 Bale of Turtles--Boot Campers! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/142375-200-bale-turtles-boot-campers.html)

Itryharder 05-14-2008 05:24 PM

#200 Bale of Turtles--Boot Campers!

:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder 05-14-2008 05:29 PM

Hi Turtles,
I had a good WI this morning. After being on vacation for six days and hosting Mother's Day when I got back, I still lost .2#. Hey, I'll take that and run!!. Now I need to get the exercise back into play. I've got a good dinner in the oven for tonight and since I was hungry, I had a salad about 1/2hour ago. I'm really trying the idea of not eating unless I'm hungry and then when I eat, I try not to eat beyond feeling comfortable. Good habits to gain and good to get rid of poor habits.
Good luck to us all!
Princess, the cost of living is sky-rocketing here as well. There was a line at a gas station here because the gasoline was only $3.93/gallon.

Well, we're all going to do our best and keep on keepin' on. I hope you don't have to find a part time job but I know you'll do what's best.

Bandit, any more gardening projects?

Ladybug and Chrily and Cherry, how are you guys doing?
Best of luck to all.
Judy
234.6/215.8/thinner into onederland :cool:
I've gotta get in gear because I promised myself I'd be 15# thinner by July 4th.

Princess1122 05-15-2008 08:03 AM

Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone! More rain today... rain for the weekend as well... UGH! I just need some really warm and sunny days I think, it would pick up my mood and keep me going. I am on track for a loss this week, sure hope to have a good W/I! We just did low point grilled cheese last night for supper, nothing special, I just was not in the mood to cook and was extra sleepy for some reason, I was in bed by 8:00 and asleep by 8:01... LOL. But it felt good and I think that I really needed that.

Judy: Fabulous W/I for you! Way to go! I think that you will make your goal or at least come darn close! Keep it up!

Have a great day everyone!
Princess

CherryAutumn 05-15-2008 10:01 AM

On tuesday we ended up in the basement because of tornado sirens going off for 45 min. I guess several wall clouds were spotted in town. It was kinda scary. We had some tornadoes hit on Saturday a town away from us that killed atleast 6 people so it was un nerving.

Itryharder 05-15-2008 10:04 AM

Hi Turtles,
As you can see from the extra #200 threads for turtles that I started I'm having lots of trouble with my computer. The threads just weren't showing up at all. I'm very glad Princess posted since that's the thread we'll use. I'm going to see if the moderator can eliminate the other #200 threads so it won't be confusing.

In the meantime, go Princess, go!!! You're on track for your WI. Hey, maybe it's the weather because I was extremely tired the other day and slept far more than usual. I think it's good to pay attention to your body and that's what we did.

All goes well here. Had a hard time waking up this morning, but I'm doing fine now. Lots going on. We've got company tomorrow night for dinner and I'll have to shop and clean today, plus we've got a salesman coming in to give us info about A/C. We'll see how that goes.

Okay, everybody have a great day and keep on Boot Camping!
Judy
234.6/216/thinner into onederland :cool:

Itryharder 05-15-2008 10:05 AM

Oh Cherry, you and I posted at the same time. Thank God you are all safe.
Judy

Princess1122 05-15-2008 10:12 AM

Cherry: I feel for you! We get that here a lot also... they are very scary. They rarely come into the city but have on a few occasions and often skirt around the city and come close. So glad we have a basement!!

Judy: I was thinking the same thing about the weather and just not feeling wonderful lately... hopefully mother nature will help us out!

My boss came in the morning, he is very concerned about money, like extremely concerned, have never seen him this bad before. I fear a layoff is in my very near future... UGH! I have decide to let it go and let God show me the right path to take... I can collect unemployment for a while and look for a full time job or a couple part time jobs if in fact I do get laid off... I sure hope who ever takes over our presidential office get this under control fast! I was hoping it would be Hillary but I am not sure that is going to happen... oh well, again, I will let God worry about that.

bandit2 05-15-2008 01:36 PM

Hi everyone:

Cherry - that must have been so scary (we usually don't get that kind of stuff up here, thank goodnesss)

Judy - weigh to go on your w/i. A loss is a loss - always nice to be in the negative when it comes to that.

Princess - hope you have a great w/i this week & here is the recipe you asked for.

Chicken Tacos:
4-6 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
1 - Large jar salsa (any variety)
2 - cans black beans (rinsed & drained)
2 - cans whole kernel corn (drained)

Place chicken breasts in crockpot and dump everything else on top.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Enjoy.

When I made this I used 1/2 ingredients & still made 6 cups which I calculated to be 4.5 points each. I shredded the chicken when done & put on top of tostados & added some shredded cheese & ff sour cream & abit of hot sauce. You could also made quesidias with this mixture.

Nice & sunny right now up here, but calling for rain Sat & Sun. Hoping to get more yard work done tomorrow before heading up to trailer on weekend.

Have a nice long weekend.

Princess1122 05-16-2008 08:13 AM

Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! DH is going to a bass fishing tournament this weekend so I am on my own for W/I tomorrow morning. I have a massage scheduled for early afternoon tomorrow also (I got a freebie from my chiropractor) then it is off to pick up my MIL and on to Lowe's' to get some flowers and plants. I am going to get my house work done tonight after work so that I can work on the yard and gardens in between the rain drops over the weekend, but now the weather man is saying that we will only be having scattered showers so who knows!

The city is starting to get crazy here, with the Indy 500 at the end of the month most of the drivers are already in town and there is always much excitement around the occasion. Since I am a transplant here via the east coast I could never figure out what possessed them to have a race here in May, LOL, it rains almost the whole month! But I am not a huge race fan so it does not really affect me as much as others that live for the sport.

Bandit: Thanks so much for the recipe, it sounds wonderful and will be on the menu for next week. How did your W/I go today?

Judy: You really are doing great! Like Bandit says, we will take anything in the downward direction when it comes to W/I... LOL, we are not that picky :D

Cherry: How are you doing? Did you get everything cleaned up from the storms?

I will check back in later on to see what is going on, have a great on plan day ladies!
Princess

Itryharder 05-16-2008 09:27 AM

Hi Turtles,
(I'm still having crazy times with my computer, so please ignore the extra #200 BAle of Turtles threads--egads)

Princess, I hope your job holds on. You've worked hard to improve your education in the training class, etc. etc. I think you're smart to leave this in God's hands. You'll prevail no matter what, but I sympathize with all the worry this causes. Good luck on your WI and here's a :grouphug:

Bandit, thanks for the chicken recipe. I love crockpot recipes because I'm more energetic in the morning when I can set up the crockpot and then later everything is all cooked and ready to go. Good luck on your WI.

Cherry, here's a :hug: to help you get over tornado jitters. We get hurricanes here but twice I was in the midwest during tornado watches and they're so scary to me. Good luck for a great weekend.

Everyone have a great weekend. I've got a good meal planned for tonight and the weekend should be really nice.
Judy

bandit2 05-16-2008 10:53 AM

Hi everyone:

Just got back from my ww meeting this a.m. & was down 1.8# giving me a total of 5# down over my last 3 weigh ins, so was happy with that.
My goal this week is to get in some excercise & stay OP.

Will be opening my trailer tomorrow & am going shopping for the basics today.
Will be stockin up on good healthy things this year & eliminating as much junk as I can.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Itryharder 05-16-2008 03:18 PM

Bandit!!!! :bravo: :goodscale: :woo:

What a great WI and what a great weight loss. Yeah, I'm with you with stocking up on good foods and avoiding the others for your trailer. Very smart--you're making it easier on yourself to do the right thing.
Weigh to go!
Judy

CherryAutumn 05-16-2008 08:26 PM

Bandit- Great job on the loss. You are working the plan and that is great.

Judy - Thanks for the hugs. I will try to be concious of what i eat this weekend

Princess- Thankfully we didn't have much to clean up but a few towns around us got hit pretty bad. It was sad to hear about those who lost family members in the storm.

Jane 05-17-2008 12:25 PM

Hi Judy and all Turtles, :wave:

Just popping in to say I deleted the duplicate threads and would have done it sooner, but my family and I just got back from a Florida vacation this morning. Anyway, please don't worry about the duplicate threads. I've done the same thing with my silly computer more than once!

Have a good weekend. :)

Itryharder 05-17-2008 12:54 PM

Jane, thanks so much. I hope you had a great trip!
Judy