Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:06 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Breakfast - WW blueberry Muffin, orange
Lunch - salad greens with romaine lettuce/spinich, sunflower seeds, tomato, olives, Boca soy burger, ww bun, onion
Snack - Latte, 1/4 oatmeal cookie
Dinner - Grilled pork, green beans, almonds, lowfat cheese
Snack - yogurt, apple
This is my first post, I'm studying this superfoods diet, how did I do? I believe I did 10-12 superfoods today.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #137  

B-blueberries, 2pc ww french toast
S-cheese stick, 1/2 kashi bar
L-romaine salad, cukes, red peppers, homemade split pea soup
S-1/2 nectarine,almonds,1/2 C fiber one.tea
D-homemade pizza (ww crust, tomato sauce, spinach, yellow peppers
carrot and celery sticks
S-brown rice,chopped prunes,honey,cinnamon
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #138  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Looks good horsey!

B-2 pumpkin pancakes w/straw&raspberries, and walnuts, coffee w/soymilk
L-tangelo, whole wheat 3" sub w/turkey, tomato, romaine, roasted red pepper and hummus(roasted red pepper flavor) Delicious sandwich!
S-tea & kid clif bar
D-brown rice w/left over grilled veggies(orange and green bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash) grilled pineapple, cauliflower and garlic, honey soy sauce mixture
S-lowfat yogurt w/cocoa stirred in ! MMMM!

I think if I'm counting right that's 18 superfoods and sidekicks, not sure though.

Went walking again! That's 2 days in a row.
Will edit later to add as the day goes on

Last edited by AndLy; 03-13-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: adding meals
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Height: 5'7"

Today was another rough start, but I did better later in the day.
b-honeydew, grapes,eggs w/mushrooms, bacon,potatoes(we went to a buffet)
l-peanut butter and raspberry fruit spread on whole wheat bread
d-black bean and mango salad(black beans,mangos,salsa,cilantro,olive oil, wild rice), veggie burger w/ avocado and salsa
startanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #140  
whole foodie

S/C/G: 150/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi all

I am still here, just have been lurking rather than posting. I started going back to counting weight watchers points for things until I get portion sizes under control... I really hate counting calories.

B: oats w/ blueberries and flax. yogurt with apple butter. black tea with a splash of soy milk and some fructose (5)

L: egg white omelet w/ spaghetti squash and kale. 2 slices spouted grain bread w/ light vache qui rit cheese. (3)

S: homemade blueberry oatbran muffin (best thing i have ever come up with I swear...) (1)

S: ff/sf yogurt w/ apple butter. an apple (2)

D: soba noodles with cabbage. terriaki tuna steak (3)

S: another blueberry oat bran muffin w/ more yogurt and another apple and also some blackberries (4)

18 big ones. ahh, i love superfoods...
canelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm a bit rusty ... let me see ...
beans
blueberries
broccoli
oats - lots of whole grains ... wrap, roll ...
oranges - juice & an orange
pumpkin - carrots
salmon - pan fried in my new pans!!!
soy
spinach - raw in salad
tea
tomatoes
turkey - chicken breast in salad
walnuts - peanutbutter on a wrap
yogurt

just 7 hmmm .... I'll do better today
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #142  

Had a great food day yesterday. Well, actually I've had lots of great food days. It's much easier for me to eat healthily since hubby is out of town. The kids are even getting used to it. I started putting their lunch sandwiches on whole wheat bread and they actually like it better because they said it helps fill them up more so they don't get too hungry during their afternoon classes. I'm not totally forcing all health foods on them, but including as many as I can get away with and they are really liking it so far.

B-2 pumpkin pancakes w/straw & raspberries, walnuts ,a drizzle of syrup, coffee w/soymilk
L-3" ww sub w/turkey, avocado, roasted red peppers, and roasted red pepper hummus (psst! I LOVE roasted red pepper, can you tell??) , 1 cup trader joe pirate booty, an apple (small gala)
S-tea/kids clif bar
*will add more as the day goes on*
D-baked stuffed salmon(stuffed w/a spicy shrimp mixture), the last of the leftover roasted garlic and cauliflower, 4 poppyseed/sesame seed thin crisp crackers w/1 wedge laughing cow garlic herb cheese spread between them all

14 for today!

Last edited by AndLy; 03-14-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: adding foods
Old 03-14-2008, 12:41 AM   #143  

Thursday?

beans - in soup
blueberries
broccoli - cabbage in salad
oats - cereal
oranges - juice
pumpkin - carrots in soup
salmon
soy
spinach - in salad
tea
tomatoes - in soup
turkey
walnuts - walnuts and sunflower seeds
yogurt

8 ... getting better in increments
Old 03-14-2008, 01:53 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Wow, so this was a weird week. Due to a weird convergence of social engagements - I went out to eat on Friday night, Saturday night, Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night (well, Wednesday, I just picked up Chipotle and got a relatively healthy chicken bol). I have realized that I feel ENTITLED to have dessert when I go out to eat. That was okay (maybe) when I went out to eat 1 night a week, but having a big chocolate brownie with a melted hershey bar on top on Friday and then making molten lava cake on Saturday and then having a few bites of chocolate vesuvious at Bucco Di Beppo on Sunday and splitting a Smores thing on Monday night at Mimi's just isn't going to work for me.

Le sigh.

back on track today - Thursday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Nature's Path pumpkin flax cereal, small container of Trader Joe's fat free greek yogurt with honey

Snack - 4.4 oz blackberries

Lunch - spinach, 90 calories of chicken breast, grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, 1/5 chopped red pepper, broccoli slaw, organic bbq sauce

Snack - tangelo

Snack - 100 calories of no sugar added cocoa

Snack - cut up veggies (grape tomatoes, orange pepper strips, sugar snap peas, baby carrots)

Snack - small square of Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds, cranberries and blueberries - DELISH

Dinner - very lean hamburger whole wheat bun, spinach leaves, sliced tomato, pickle, red onion, organic ketchup, spicy brown mustard, roasted new potatoes with spices

On a plus, I did really well last night on Wednesday board game night. We play boardgames in a big conference room - stocked with nutter butters, oreos, granola bars, chips, packages of Kettle corn, some kinda brownie thing, there was also 1/2 no sugar added apple pie - I just had an extra cup of no sugar added cocoa which was a lot better than some of the other options! Success!

Last edited by Glory87; 03-14-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #145  

TGIF

I don't have to work tomorrow so I can finally say that! My job is weird. I work M-F 2:15pm - 8:45pm and SAT 8:30am - 1:15pm. But because two of my daughter's have a competition this weekend I don't have to work. On the downside that means sitting for hours Saturday and Sunday to watch. Oh well, it's really fun to watch their progress.

The kids only have a 1/2 day of school today because next week they are off for spring break. So I had to get a lot more done in a lot shorter period of time this morning. I already did my 30 minutes of walking, went and did a little bit of Easter shopping and picked up a couple items at the grocery store. Hope everyone has a great weekend

So far FRIDAY
B-2 pumpkin pancakes (the last ones )w/straw&raspberries, walnuts, a drizzle of syrup and coffee w/soymilk
S-tangelo
L-3" ww sub w/roasted red pepper hummus, spinach, roasted red peppers, avocado and turkey, 1 cup trader joe's pirate booty
S-tea/ kids clif bar
D-small size ww tortilla spread 1/2 w/fat free refried beans, 1/4 c(maybe less) spanish rice, chicken breast mixture(white meat chicken breast combined w/1 can rotel tomatoes and chilies) folded up and I grilled that in a pan sprayed w/canola oil spray to get it warmed and a little bit of crispiness, topped w/5 black olives cut up, 1/4 tomato diced, salsa dressing (light sour cream mixed w/salsa) drizzled over the top, 1/2 cup tomato and roasted red pepper soup, sesame crackers---it sounds like alot of food but it really wasn't, lol, it was perfect.

***will edit and add the rest later***

Last edited by AndLy; 03-15-2008 at 01:39 AM. Reason: adding meals
Old 03-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #146  

Did okay on Friday! Seem to be back on track

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 spoons of apple butter, small handful of walnuts

Lunch - spinach, 90 calories of chicken breast, grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, 1/5 chopped red pepper, broccoli slaw, organic bbq sauce

Snack - tangelo

Snack - 100 calories of no sugar added cocoa

Snack - cut up veggies (grape tomatoes, orange pepper strips, sugar snap peas, baby carrots)

Dinner - home made pizza on organic sourdough crust - spinach, garlic, sun dried tomato, onion, kalamata olives, 1 serving of low fat feta cheese (70 calories)

I might have a glass of red wine, still undecided.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #147  

beans - snow peas
blueberries - raw
broccoli - cabbage in salad
oats - one of those tortillas
oranges - juice
pumpkin - carrots
salmon - we tried a new kind of white fish so probably no
soy
spinach - in my salad
tea
tomatoes - yes, lots!
turkey
walnuts - yes, snacks
yogurt - yes

11 on Friday! That's better! I can't quite imagine why I keep missing my tea ...
Old 03-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #148  

Since I need to fill my head with something other than thoughts of nonsmoking, you folks are going to have to suffer through some of my planning and scheming

I've had brkfst - blueberries, orange juice, cottage cheese, coffee

I just ate some green tea and carrots.

In my bag for work ...

Ilene's pancake, soy cheese (enough for two snacks)

supper - sardines, salad with cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, walnuts, snow peas

two little yogurts for ???

beans y
blueberries y
broccoli y
oats y
oranges y
pumpkin y
salmon y
soy y
spinach y
tea y
tomatoes y
turkey
walnuts y
yogurt y

13 ... I'm very happy with that. Now ... to make it happen.

I had a chicken sandwich that I hadn't planned so I had 14 superfoods but up to around 1500 cals. I'm still pretty OK with that.

Last edited by srmb60; 03-15-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #149  

Lunch - After the gym, went to Souplantation. Had a big healthy salad - grilled chicken, spinach leaves, beets, a few black olives, a few peas, sunflower seeds, red onion, purple cabbage, broccoli, tomato, chickpeas (and that's all I remember!), fat free honey mustard, balsalmic vinaigrette, had half a bowl of chili, 1 small piece of low fat cornbread, small serving of fat free chocolate frozen yogurt topped with a splash of nuts, chocolate syrup

Snack - tall skinny Starbucks mocha

Dinner - lean burger, whole wheat bun, spinach leaves, tomato, 1/4 avocado, red onion, panko zucchini

Last edited by Glory87; 03-15-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #150  

Sunday

Lunch - I had one of those Annie's sushi kits - I didn't eat all the rice, but added 1/4 avocado and some pickled plum paste (umi)

Snack - tangelo

Dinner - chipotle chicken bol - no beans, tons of romaine, 2 scoops pico de gallo, a little hot salsa, 1/2 serving of guacamole

small jamba juice - I got the acai but instead of raspberry sherbert, I got low cal dairy base

Last edited by Glory87; 03-16-2008 at 05:58 PM.