Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #76  

Hi Everyone,

Today is my first day back on pace. I have regained 35 of my 40 lbs I lost on WW. I love WW's and cant really tell you how I fell off and been off of it for almost a year now. I dont go to meetings or online. So I know the support I have seen around here will help me to stay on pace.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:50 AM   #77  

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been absent again for awhile. I am shaking my head at myself and wondering why I can't get back on program and stay there. I'm just not doing well at all and feeling awful, fat and bloated but not caring enough to take action.
But, at least I took time to stop in here and talk, so that might be a step in the right direction?
Linda
Old 11-14-2005, 07:08 AM   #78  

Good morning Linda, its tough, trying to get back 'on the wagon' so to speak. Sometimes its easier to do something a bit different - have you been back on core, or doing flex? Try some different menus perhaps, make it interesting to follow again. Mind you, listen to me, I'm on and off this wagon faster than anyone at the moment, and struggling too, so I'm not perhaps the one to listen to. But still, keep trying, thats all you can do. If you want it, really want it, it will happen, it just takes time.

Welcome Anna, stick with us, you may well help us to keep it up too!

Gotta fly for now, back later,
Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 AM   #79  
Lucyee

Smile Lets support each other

Hi!, My name is Lucy. Glad I found this thread. I am a WW dropout. Struggling for over a year, now. and trying to get back on program. I am hoping to share with all of you and at least start to get my head back together. So, here I am. I have a lot of trouble walking due to arthritis and the extra weight is not helping. I'll be here, to read all of your posts. I need to be here. Hope you all have a good day. Lucyee
Old 11-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #80  
Lucyee

HI, It's Lucyee again, Just testing. thanks.TTYL
Old 11-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #81  

Hi, Anna & Lucy! Welcome to the a“board”! Gotta love the puns!

I’m a very happy girl this morning! I’ve had to wear my glasses for a week while trying to correct a stigmatism. Yuck. Hate ‘em. Blah. But, I went for my check up today and my vision did improve. I have on new contacts! Yippee!

Linda – Do you think that the impending holidays may have something to do with your trouble starting back? It’s hard to think about losing weight when you know about all the goodies you are about to be offered. Just a thought. Have you been back to a meeting yet? Maybe you need that accountability. Are you emotionally eating? Have you thought of journaling when and how you felt when you are eating things you shouldn’t? Might help. We’re here for ya! Hope we can help.

Dawny – You are going to have to post more often. It’s the only waffles I get now adays! Just kiddin’. But it does seem like it’s been a while since you got a chance to post much. Hope things slow down for you a bit soon! Tell AJ that mommy needs a break!

Natalie – Hey, gal. Thought of you last night. I was watching the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. There was a part filmed in Greece (supposedly) and about four different languages in the movie. Has school started back? Sorry. I’ve lost track.

Well, I’m still suffering from my mega-workout on Saturday. Just goes to show how lax I’ve been lately! My abs hurt, my legs are stiff. I want to stretch, but something hurts when I do! Maybe I can work out some kinks tonight.

Mommy question – How soon can symptoms start showing up of ? I started having a few dizzy spells on Saturday and just about 2 yesterday. TMI – but I know for certain it would have been just a couple of days if I am. Just wondered. If it is not that, I might need to talk to the doc about my new eye drops!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #82  

I've been really struggling the last few weeks . It started when a really bad cat bite sent me to the DR ... and all the changes (AGAIN) at work . I'm still down 6 pounds from when I started WW (I've gained back 4 ).

I know I need to do this for me. I need to eat better. I need to write down in my journal. I need to exercise.

Thanks for listening.

Karen
Old 11-14-2005, 12:21 PM   #83  

Melanie, can't stop I'm afraid, but I knew I was pregnant before I was 2 weeks gone. I was feeling 'dodgy', a bit sick and the boobies felt a bit tender. Within a week after that I was throwing up.
good luck!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:02 PM   #84  
Eat well, Live well

Hi everyone!

Congratulations Liz on reaching 10% goal! Good work!

Linda, we are all rooting for you! Try setting really small, attainable goals for yourself...things you KNOW you can and will do, so that when you attain them, you will feel yourself build confidence that you can attain larger goals. Example: "I will resist the call of the refrigerator for 1 hour." After one hour, set a new goal, and so on. That is something that has helped me get through hard "I don't care" sort of days.

I had a tough thing today...made me pause and think. Someone was not pleased with me, because I have lost weight, and there is someone in the circle of people I deal with each day that has dealt with anorexia. This person thought that I was not a good example for the girl with anorexia, and that I was making her struggle worse. Mind you, I don't talk about my weight loss much with others, except for my close friends and family, you all at 3FC, and at my WW meetings. Well, I know that I simply can't let my health go to heck because someone else is struggling. I've never flaunted it in front of her or even mentionned it in these circles. There's nothing really I can do, I know, but it was stressful to have to hear that someone was upset with me for losing weight.

On the happy side, I bought my first new clothes since joining WW (as opposed to second-hand clothes.) It was nice to go to a regular store, non-plus-size section, and be able to buy myself something nice in a size medium. It's a cute red vest with snowflakes and penguins on it, with a matching shirt with a penguin on the collar. I saw it, I loved it, I had to have it!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #85  

Allie – I don’t understand some people. Noone should be trying to make you feel bad for taking good care of yourself! Now, if you were a size 3 trying to disappear, that would be different. Or if you were inviting an alcoholic to a cocktail party. But, geez! I have a friend that had an eating disorder before pregnancy, but doesn’t seem to have much trouble with it afterwards. Anyway, she was inspired by the WW food plan and is using it now because it is such a healthy way to live! If it was just about weightloss, we wouldn’t have to maintain our minimum points. Your friend could probably benefit from knowing MORE about WW and your accomplishments! Besides, I wonder how reliable this source was. It could have been someone just personally jealous. Wear your size medium top & vest with pride!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #86  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I concur Allie. Don't feel bad and maybe educate those folks a bit on good vs. bad for you weight loss??
Old 11-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #87  

Oh my, Melanie! First, those early pregnancy tests work really quick. You could be imagining certain feelings becuase you want it to be so, but you could really be feeling them! I wasn't ever dizzy when pregnant. I did have to pee constantly, it seemed, and I felt an odd sensation in my groin area, very hard to explain but I definately felt something and it seemed almost immediate. I think everyone reacts differently. I also felt uncomfortable enough in normal clothes really, really, fast and bought maternity stuff very early. I think I was wearing this stuff at about 6 weeks. People thought I was was nuts, but I truly needed the stuff! I couldn't stand anything across my waist that was tight. I hope it is so if that is what you want to have happen!
Also, if you are pregnant, you must tell your doctor about your recent weight loss (he or she will be glad you did this for yourself) you must follow a specific eating plan and make sure you get all the calcium, protien and nutrients you and the baby need. You WILL gain weight and you should gain weight. You can exercise and do certain things, so do what the doctor says and you'll be ok.
Now, on to my stuff.....Thanks for the encouragment guys. I did better today. I joined what is called the 21 day challenge on the support section of 3FC as a buddy of mine leads that. I have been a drop out of that group for awhile, just on again and and off again.... as I just can't keep committed to do 21 straight days of any kind of weight loss plan lately. However, this time might be different. I have "props"!
First, I decided that eating is not a good thing for me to challenge myself with right now, but I can decide to eat healthy and try as hard as I can to stay reasonably close to program. But, my challenge right now is to do some kind of movement or physical activity each day. It doesn't have to be a formal workout, but it must be extra planned activity. So, today, I did jumping jacks, leg lifts and sit ups. I was really busy and doing a formalized work out, or even getting on the treadmill, would not have happened but while dinner was cooking, I made an effort to do something at least.
So, what is my "prop"? I went out and bought some nice graph paper and made a 21 day calendar chart and labelled the days and wrote "21 Day Exercise Challenge" in big letters at the top of the chart and it is now nicely on my refrigerator, affixed with magnets. I bought shiny gold and silver stars and now every day that I do my movement/exercise, I get a star for all to see!
Maybe trying something like this will keep me more on target? Worth a try!
Linda
Old 11-15-2005, 09:20 AM   #88  

I know. I probably have a touch of the stomach virus that’s currently going around. But, yesterday, I was feeling upset to the tummy for several hours. Not really sick. Oh, well. I’m better this morning. But, I can’t shake the feeling that I am pg. If not, I will give myself a stern talking to so that I don’t go through this every month! I’ll check and see what the speediest test is. And, don’t worry. I plan to follow the instructions perfectly! Don’t want to be back where I started from, but I know I will have to gain. I have decided to breastfeed when that time comes. I hear it sucks the weight right off ya! Maybe I will be transformed into thinking it is a wonderful bonding time, but right now, it just seems like a great weightloss plan!

Great idea on the chart! It will be good to have it there for the whole house to see and hold you accountable. Great job!

Well, today my goal will be to get to the gym for a few hours. Now that the weather is getting cold, it’s harder to get myself to change and go back out after work. Soon, I may have to start taking my workout clothes with me to work and go straight there!

Have great OP days, everyone!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:32 AM   #89  
Lucyee

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to say hello, this morning. I am doing some cleaning, but just stopped in. I will be back later. Yesterday, I journaled, for the first time, in a long time. Little by little, I will get back on track. Once you go off, for a long time, it is an adjustment. Thanks. I hope you all have a good day. Lucy
Old 11-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #90  
Eat well, Live well

Linda- You sound so much more positive today! Your system will work for you because you will make it work for you!!! Keep it up!
Closed Thread