Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 04:33 PM   #16  

Hi, Dawny! Sorry to hear about the scale. I’m glad you are getting back on track though. The few little pounds aren’t much, but you don’t want them to invite any friends over!

Yah! Good to hear from Linda! And 3 posts in one day!! You are definitely getting back on track! Well, the only thing you really missed on my part is that DH and I have decided to start working on that family we’ve discussed. That’s why I’m suffering withdraws right now and wearing the patch! The real challenge is not compensating with food! Tomorrow’s my last BC pill and then after a waiting period, we will be holding our breaths. Oh – and I noticed the new counter before the avatar. I thought, “that’s definitely Linda’s!”

Tracy – I would have never made it this far without the FPs! I always plan snacks through the day, and not for medicinal purposes.

Karen – As you have probably notices, everyone has to start fresh from time-to-time. This is a new way of living and there will always be bumps in the road. We just have to try to minimize the lumps!

Allie – I’m sure your salad will be much better for you than pancakes. I hope you are surprised by a plateau break. Just force yourself to workout a few days and I’m sure it will work wonders.

Well, I must brag for a moment. I just got 5 beautiful roses from DH. I have laughed myself silly at the “Get Well” note that came with them. He’s being a great support. I better do something nice for him one of these days. Oh, wait. I plan to have his child. That’s enough.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrydaughter
Hi again! Two posts in one day... I must be back, right? I've journalled and am so far on track for today. Tracy, are you really a diabetic or in a "pre" diabetes state? Just wondering if having a good weight loss and a healthy diet would keep you from being a full blown diebetic? Due to high points, when I do indulge in pancakes or a frozen waffle, I have sugar free syrup as well. I can't recall the brand, but it's not Log Cabin but I like it. I just couldn't waste points on syrup, with so few points in a day using up a few on something like that would not be a good thing where I am concerned.
Hi there. No, I am not a full blown diabetic. I am a pre-diabetic. However, I have been trying to follow healthier eating patterns (like a diabetic does) so I can keep from becoming a full blown diabetic. I may have miss worded that. I hope you can understand what I mean. Sometimes I miss word things.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #18  

Melanie, Lol.. your to funny lol. Having a child is a big thing!! Lol. Great gift. And yes.... those flex points sure are great to have! it took me a while to figure this out.. but I am getting it this time.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:42 AM   #19  

Well this mornings weigh in showed a small gain. I think I know why though. 1. becuase of TOM and 2 because last night I didn't get a salad at dinner (we ran out) and we had frozen pizza! Normally (lately anyway) I will only have 1 pc. of pizza and a salad. But last night I had 2 instead. Anyway, I gained 0.8 ounces lol. Which really is not that bad. It does not help that I don't workout much during TOM either. I am just way to tired at this time to do much lol. But next week I am sure will be like last week.... I can try and hope.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:22 AM   #20  

Tracy - too bad about the slight gain. But, it's less than a pound. Easy to shed.

Well, kinda hate to say it now... but... I logged on to post my WI last night. Down 2#. That's the biggest loss I've had in a long time. I know it's because I started working out the way I should. It's been so long, it shocked my system with a big loss. Hope I can keep it up for next week. I'm getting closer to the end, and I want to sprint to the finish line!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #21  

Melanie,

Don't feel bad about posting your loss because of me! I at least can see what I did wrong and stuff to show that small gain on my scale. So I can do something about it.

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss this week! That is awesome! Keep it up!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:24 AM   #22  

Thanks, Tracy. It's the results I definately needed to see right now. My AP kickoff week was a success. But, I don't want to be eating too little, so I'm going back to FPs this week.

Oh, Linda - We've not answered one of your questions. There's another thread going about a Thanksgiving Day Challenge. No reason we can't post here too though! My challenge was to drop 6# by T-day. I'm 2.5# toward that goal! If I succeed, I go shoe shopping!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:34 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald
Thanks, Tracy. It's the results I definately needed to see right now. My AP kickoff week was a success. But, I don't want to be eating too little, so I'm going back to FPs this week.
Your welcome! What do you mean by the last part of your post above? MY AP kickoff???? I am sure AP means activity points but I don't get it with the sentence you put it in lol. Duhhh moment for me maybe lol.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:42 AM   #24  

Hey girls!

Well, apparently noone's missed me, but I found you!! I read all of your posts, Melanie good job on giving up smoking and congrats for your loss!!
Dawny, sorry to hear about the gain, but I believe you'll lose it in no time! Linda, nice to hear from you again, hope you're still going strong.
Tracy, sorry to hear about the gain but as Mel said it's less than a pound, so no need worrying!
Hugs to anyone I missed!

I'm doing ok food-wise and exercise-wise after a not so good last week. I've been really busy with uni and Spanish courses, but I'll try to post here more often!

Take care ladies!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #25  

Oh, just assuming people hang on my every word. Because I hadn't been doing so well controling my working out, I decided that last week I would only use APs only - no FPs. If I didn't earn them, I didn't eat them. I averaged about 4 a day too. So, it was good incentive!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:48 AM   #26  

Aw, Natalie Of course we missed you. Truthfully, I was thinking of you this morning and wondered how long it had been since your last post! How's the pool membership going?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald
Oh, just assuming people hang on my every word. Because I hadn't been doing so well controling my working out, I decided that last week I would only use APs only - no FPs. If I didn't earn them, I didn't eat them. I averaged about 4 a day too. So, it was good incentive!
Now that's a good plan! I am going to have to remember this just in case I need to make some changes. It is a good idea. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #28  
Eat well, Live well

I'm so proud of you guys who are quitting smoking and losing weight, too! Keep it up!

WI tonight...I hope I go down, because it's only 1 1/2 weeks to my convention challenge deadline. I'll be seeing former co-workers who have not seen me since before I lost weight, and I can't wait to see them seeing me thin!

Here's the weird thing I did the other day, and it sort of worked. I am tired of clothes fitting me as well as a set of living room drapes, so I put a bunch of them into a hot wash and then dryer set on high, and some of them shrunk so they fit better now. I don't want to buy new clothes until I reach goal. A couple of things shrunk "shorter" instead of "narrower", but I knew this might happen, and they were unwearable as they were anyway, so no big deal.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #29  

Default wassup guys!!

Sounds like everyone is workin' hard tryin' to drop lbs,that good! Just wanted to stop in quick to see how everyone's doin'. I'm off to train dogs,catch ya tomorrow!!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #30  

HI, only quickie tonight.

Melanie, great loss. Its lovely when you get a couple of pounds off when you've only had bits and bobs going for a while...well done!

Hi Natalie, course we missed you! Silly thing, glad the courses are going ok, keep up the swimming! Do some for me will you please, I need all the exercise I can get!

Sweet2th, just a note, what kind of dogs do you show? My mum showed dogs for years, bred American cockers, had the top winning dog in the country at one time, in fact, not sure if anyone ever beat her record! Anyway, she doesn't have them now, but we had doggies everywhere for years, it seems strange to hear about showing them again!

Anyway, my last couple of days have been very good - I've journalled properly, which makes a change just lately, lets see if I can keep it up for a bit!

Gotta go for now, take care all,
Closed Thread