Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #91  

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well this week. I have been so busy lately! Between dishes, laundry, housework, yard work, and yes Christmas shopping!!! I don't get to sit much haha. Luckily I think I am about done shopping though. We are not able to get as much there year. But at least our kids get to open something!

How is the weather where you guys are? We have had some icky thunderstorms here lately! Now we are just in the middle of a wind advisory for tonight and tomorrow... and it is freezing here already! As of tonight and tomorrow we will be having snow here! I totally freak out during any kind of storms! I don't go anywhere during storms... or if a storm is coming soon I stay home. I literally get sick! We have been having a lot of weird weather this year. But I still hope we have a mild winter.

I will try to keep up here better from now on. Hopefully I will be able to make time to sit here and keep in touch.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:01 AM   #92  

Busy times for me, but wanted to check in. I've had no time to read everyone's posts, sorry!
Wish me luck... today is day three of my exercise 21 day challenge!
Lost my temper this morning with my teenagers.... have to get control of them and have to get control of myself.
Linda
Old 11-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #93  
Eat well, Live well

Weather sure does affect us, eh?
It's been super-ultra windy here, we had a tornado warning issued, but no tornados materialized here. The wind kept me up a lot last night, windows rattling, twigs hitting the window, lots of howling, etc. So today I'm tired, and I don't feel like exercising at all. Zzzzzzzz. If the weather reports pan out, I'll be exercising by shovelling snow later this week.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:04 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie Abbott
Weather sure does affect us, eh?
It's been super-ultra windy here, we had a tornado warning issued, but no tornados materialized here. The wind kept me up a lot last night, windows rattling, twigs hitting the window, lots of howling, etc. So today I'm tired, and I don't feel like exercising at all. Zzzzzzzz. If the weather reports pan out, I'll be exercising by shovelling snow later this week.
WOW! Same weather conditions but so far away! We have been under a wind advisory since sometime in the afternoon yesterday. Hopefully it will be dying down soon! It is driving me nuts! And your right! It is snowing here! And we may be shoveling soon too. Lol. I am glad that tornado warnings have left our areas though! I hope everyone else is safe! There were a few touch downs yesterday and last night.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #95  

Hi girls!

Sorry I've been absent again, I'm still reading your posts, but I haven't found time to post.

Welcome to all the new members, hope you like it here!

Linda, your challenge sounds great, we believe in you, as you should do in yourself, and I'm confident you'll succeed if you set your heart to it. My warmest thoughts are with you!

I'm doing ok, I managed to get to the pool today. I was fighting a cold the past few days but today I woke up feeling slightly better so I decided to go swimming. It was fine, and I came back feeling even better.

Sorry it's a small post, hope everyone is doing great! Lots of hugs!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #96  

Melanie, I could tell I was preg. with my 2nd daughter when I was 2 weeks along. It's different each time.

It's finally cold here in Florida. Im so glad. Doing really good since I started, so hoping I can stick to it this time. The first two weeks are always the hardest for me.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #97  

Tracy – KY has some pretty bad weather the other night too. However, I’m probably calm to the point of stupid when it comes to that. DH kept asking if we should go to his sister’s home w/ a basement. I just chill out on the couch with the remote, too comfy to move. Today, it’s just darn COLD here! 24 deg F when I left home. Burrrrr….

Linda – Don’t remind me of teenagers! You’ll kill my baby plans! I’ve heard someone say before, “I asked for a baby, not a 6’ 15 year old with attitude!” I hope you worked it out. Great job on day 3 of the challenge! How’s day 4?

Natalie – Hope you’re feeling better. Good job going swimming anyway! I probably would have been home whining.

Anna - I checked the weather in FL. It looks like a chilly 60 deg day! Lucky!

Well, I’m doing pretty good. Lost about .5 at WI yesterday. It said 1#, but I was home and didn’t have on pants, so I’ll say .5 to be fair. I would have done better had I exercised more, but just didn’t make it last week. This week hasn’t started too great either. I get to bed late on Wednesday nights, so no getting up early today. Tonight, I’m going to a surprise party for our pastor’s wife at a Mexican restaurant. I am already planning the healthy choices, but I know I can’t squeeze in a trip to the gym this evening. Hmmm… but maybe a workout video right after I get home. I definitely need to do something! But, I don’t have time to drive to the gym, get sweaty, drive home, and try to primp.

Linda – I think I need to start that challenge with you!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #98  

Hi guys,

Well, its cold here too! Had to scrape the frost off the car windscreen this morning for the first time this autumn/winter - can't decide what we are in now! -2degrees celcius here, no idea the deg f!

I'm doing rubbish. I'm eating like a pig. I look like a pig and feel like a pig.
There, thats it, I've said it. WW is not doing what it should be for me at the moment. Or should I say - I'm not doing WW at the moment, thats more like it.
I need inspiration, and I really should be finding here as you are all doing so well, its seems.

Oh well, nuff said about me, Melanie, hope you feel a bit better soon - or maybe not, depending how you look at it! Ihave to say, I felt ill for the whole nine months of my pregnancy. Even brushing my teeth made me feel sick. I had every pregnancy ailment that the books tell you about, I felt lousy. I hope you fair better when the time arises, if not already.

Right gotta fly again, don't know whats happening in my life at the moment, but no time to stay - I do nip in often to read the posts and play catch up, but not always time to type, I must try to make more time, maybe I would feel more inspired!
Anyway, bye for now.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #99  

Hey Guys, well it's cold here today to got down into the 30's last night. brrrrr....

I went to Longhorns for lunch and had a 7 pepper steak salad. It comes with blue cheese and crutons. I had ff ranch for the dressing and just dipped my fork into the dressing. Any idea on how many points you think that is. I didnt finish it all, but I did eat all the meat
Old 11-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #100  

Dawny - I win, I win! Your -2C is 28.4F (according to the site I found). So, my 24F is about -4.5C. But, we're both cold! So, maybe you are eating to keep warm? I think that season changes can definately affect my appetite. Hope you haven't gained back much. Ya gotta reverse it before it goes too far!! Think of that Christmas dress!

Anna - from my research... (Longhorn doesn't give nutritional info), there was probably 6 oz of sirlion on the salad, which would be 13 pts. No pts for salad, but add 2-4 for cheese & croutons and 1 for dressing. 16 - 18 pts. Sorry. But, that's not really horrible for a steakhouse. It sounds yummy.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:04 PM   #101  

Thanks melanie, I guess it's popcorn for dinner for me. The salad was really good though
Old 11-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #102  

Cool Day 5 of the 21 day challenge!

Hi guys!
I thought 32 degrees F was zero celcius (sp???) so that -2 degrees C would be 30 degrees F. I am pretty sure I'm right. So, 2C would be 34F. It's 26.2F here in New Hampshire here this morning, pretty chilly! I'm glad to be wrapped in my flannel bathrobe as I sit here with hot coffee!
Today is day 5 of my 21 day challenge. If I fail to exercise on any given day, I have to start over at day 1 again. I have four starts so far on my refrigerator door chart! (one for each day so far!)
Today I will do a more formal workout as well. My challenge was to add movement to my day, no matter what. Yesterday was a pretty busy day with errands and grocery shopping, etc. The grocery shopping itself is certainly exercise when you think of walking around the store, and then carrying all the bags up from the garage into the house (a flight of stairs and I had about 25 bags of stuff). So, I felt good about that being my "movement" for the day, however, after dinner I did some sit-ups and leg lifts as well. By the way, immediately after dinner is not the best time for sit-ups. Oh well.
Dawny, get your act in gear, don't go where I have gone. The best advice I can give you is to take note that I was down to something like 147 at the beginning of the summer and here I sit at 162. It creeps up on you and you must keep trying. I didn't do it. I had a "great" excuse with my dad dying, however, that is exactly that to me now, an excuse. I "allowed" what was wrong in my life to get in the way of my goals. So, here it is the beginning of the holiday season and I am at a weight "high", not good. All the food in the world can't bring my dad back, sadly. But, eating healthier and better CAN improve the quality of my life.
Melanie, when will you be taking a pregnancy test so you will know? I wondered about your attending a meeting and weighing in. I'm sure you know that if you are pregnant that any efforts to lose weight will have to stop for awhile. Staying healthy, eating healthy and trying to exercise are key elements, but you will have to add back more calories. You'll certainly need to chat with your doctor and develop an eating plan. You've done so well with your weight loss, so on target and directed. When you put on weight during a pregnancy, you will accept that knowing that you can do it all over again and know all the best ways to handle it! Plus, if you nurse, you will have the added benifit as it facilitates faster weight loss after having a baby. Not to mention the fact that formula costs a fortune, you'll help yourself to lose weight, save money and also provide those valuable antibodies that are only present when you nurse.
Didn't mean to scare you off with my talk of teenagers, though. Having children is a blessing, I adore my kids and would do anything for them. But, like ANY human being (old, young or in between!) humans can be exasperating at times. I think I like my kids better as teens that I did when they went through the "terrible twos" as they are called. At least you can reason with them at this age. We have brought up our kids as intelligent people and we listen to them and have faith in them. I wouldn't trade having them for anything in my life, so even if sometimes there is a rocky road to travel (and what relationship does not have a rocky road sometimes?) they are the best part of my life.
Akiss, I don't know what to tell you about the Longhorn meal you had. I love that place, but I have found nothing much on their menu that I find really low points as far as WW goes. I won't stop eating there, but save all my flex points up (or cheat, sadly) when I go. I did have some kind of chicken dish once there with veggies, salsa, and it came with melted cheese over top of it. I thought I was doing better with this choice but when I tried to guesstimate the points when I got home, I quickly realized that one of their smallest steaks with a baked potato (and you can ask for margarine there and use it sparingly) and a salad with their lite dressing would have been the smarter choice that evening. Of course, the fresh warm bread that they bring to the table is my downfall and it doesn't help that I will often give in to temptation and also have a glass of wine there. Very high point place, but very great atmosphere and food. I'll still go, but we really should examine what is exactly the BEST possible thing to order at these kind of places. You don't want to leave there feeling deprived, either, as then it leads to cheating and binges, I think.
I have a big problem when dining out. I tell myself it's a "special occasion" when I am ordering and what I yell at myself for when I am home again afterwards and feeling "eater's remorse" is that we eat our often and it is NOT a special occasion it's part of every day life. Special occasions to me have to be JUST holidays, my own birthday (not everyone I know's birthday), my own anniversary and that kind of thing. I need to get a grip, and I've yet to figure out how.
Nat, glad you think my challenge sounds great - care to join in?
All you need to do is pick one thing that you feel you are lacking as far as your weight loss efforts and challenge yourself to do it for 21 days. I picked movement/exercise. I set the bar pretty low as I want to be successful, so "movement" can be just adding 20 sit ups and 20 leg lifts to my busy life. At least I am doing something, where before I had all the best intentions and never seemed to be doing anything. My defeat has been being too busy and not having time for a "full" half hour or hour work out. But, if I do some deliberate movement, no matter how small, I can put a star on my chart!
Having made the chart and having it staring at me on the refrigerator and putting a star there for each day is really motivating me for whatever reason. I just won't cheat myself and put a star there if I've done nothing.
If I fail, I have to make a new chart and start over.
So, if there is one thing that you want to do to challenge yourself, be it jouranlling, exercising, eating your 5 fruits and veggies each day or whatever.... even drinking all your water, you can do this challengee!
Linda
Old 11-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald
Tracy – KY has some pretty bad weather the other night too. However, I’m probably calm to the point of stupid when it comes to that. DH kept asking if we should go to his sister’s home w/ a basement. I just chill out on the couch with the remote, too comfy to move. Today, it’s just darn COLD here! 24 deg F when I left home. Burrrrr….
Oh my! That is basically how my husband is too! It drives me nuts! I remember one year tornados were all around us.... he kept eating dinner and watching his shows on tv!! I was freaking out! I would have ran to your sister's basement as they started saying bad weather was coming lol. And yes... it is darn cold here now too!!! Everything is frozen lol. But at least the sun is shining most of the time.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:00 AM   #104  

Hello!

Mel, congrats on the loss! And I suspect an even bigger one for next week. Good job, you're putting me to shame!

Dawny, sorry to hear you're not doing well. I know you can do better though, you know what to do, I don't need to tell you. Lots of happy and motivational thoughts coming your way!

Anna, your lunch sounds yummy, I bet it was worth the points!

Tracy and the rest- sorry to hear it's so cold, yesterday was a nightmare weather-wise here, but today is like summer! Hope you're doing well Tracy, and well, cold weather makes you burn more calories, right?

Linda, I think I might join you. I have two goals right now: exercise and my 5 a day. So, I will do this like you, until Christmas. So, I have to move in some way EVERY day and make sure I'm getting at least my 5 a day, EVERY day. Water is no problem for me, I drank 4.5 litres yesterday! So, I'm joining you honey!

Let's see: I go swimming twice a week, so these 2 days are ok. So, for the 5 left, I have to do some walking, and probably some ab crunches or leg lifts, like you do. Although I really think walking is one of the best exercise. As for my 5 a day, veggies are not a problem as I always have a large salad with lunch/dinner, but I have to incorporate more fruit. Oh, can someone clarify this for me: Are you recommended to eat 5 portions of fruit and 5 postions of veggies daily, or 5 portions altogether?

Wow, I think I've bored you enough. My dad and sis are down with flu, I'm doing my best not to catch anything! Take care ladies!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:14 AM   #105  
Lucyee

Hi Everyone, Brrr! It is cold, here in New Jersey. I have been reading all the posts, and trying to get to know all of you. I have the same ups and downs, with the program, as the rest of you. Right now, I am coasting and not gaining, but I know I won't really get serious, till after the holidays. I might as well be honest, with myself. If I put a lot of pressure on myself, now, to stay op, I'll just drive myself nuts, and be worse. It probably sounds like a cop out, but I know me. It is nice to read your posts, you all support each other in such a caring way. We have been very invovled in cleaning around here, lately and I was away a lot during the early part of the Fall, until the end of Oct., in fact, as my Sister, who lives in Upstate New York was not well and went up, to visit and help her get better. Then, when I returned it was time, to get back to my own housework, etc.. I am married for 33 yrs., but was not blessed with children, of my own. I do have plenty of Nieces and nephews, who I am a second Mother, to. Anyway just wanted to come by and say hello, and let you know that I was thinking of all of you. Looking forward to sharing. Sorry for not posting personal messages, but I promise I will. Thanks and have a great day. Lucy
Closed Thread