Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Hi iSpoons- welcome! My best piece of newcomer advice is to take pictures.
They will help you see how much progress you've made and help galavanize your willpower during weak moments. I didn't take any pictures and I severely regret it. I'm 25lbs down but aside from feeling it in my clothes, I often don't notice any difference in the mirror and no one else has really noticed either. I wish I'd taken pictures so I could regularly remind myself how far I'd come.

SoMuchFattitude- I went and read your post after Sunarie mentioned it and you look banging in that outfit! Love it! x

Sunarie- you are such a source of wisdom and counsel on these forums. I'd love to know you in real life- you seem like such a lovely person.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:11 AM   #77  
Proud US Navy Wife

*pokes head in* hi all!

I've been doing WWOnline since October. It was recommended to me by a fertility dr who said needed to lose weight before I could get any sort of treatment (you can guess how fun that appointment was). So now I lost the weight and have an appointment next week, where I am terrified their scale will say different from mine and they will tell me no again.

On the happy side, I just signed up for my first 5k! I love jogging, although because of the weather I haven't gone for a few weeks! Eek! I'm really excited though, and it's right after my birthday!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Flickety- that's great advice. I, too, avoid the camera and will have to be brave and do that. I want to fast-forward to the end.
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 269/ticker/179

Height: 5'11

Sunarie- Thanks for explaining that!!

Flickety - Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely do that! I can see it being very helpful!
iSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hi FaeReverie!

So I've been MIA for about a week. It's been kinda rough. I had a friend over Saturday and she found a lump on my dog's side. We got him to the vet first thing Monday morning and after a couple hours of worry and grief we were told that it was okay, at this point it is just a fatty mass but we need to watch it. He's going to be 9 in May and is a big dog. I know he isn't going to be around forever but I'm not ready to lose him. It's tough because he is white so it isn't like I am seeing him age as I did with my black dog turning grey and white.

I also have been terrible about tracking and I don't see that changing until at least the 2nd week in March. Headed to Vegas next week for a much needed vacation. My bf is obsessed with buffets as it is so I know it will be a lot of eating, I told him I'd go get a massage while he pigs out!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #81  

Back to the meeting today - down 2.4 lbs, which I know is good, but I guess I was hoping to notice a little more of a difference after losing about 8 lbs in two weeks. Sigh - yes, I want to just skip to the end on this. I had lunch out with a friend and struggled when I forgot to order my salad with dressing on the side - I didn't send it back because I didn't order it that way and didn't want to make a big deal. It's going to be a green dinner for me tonight

Happy weekend to all!
Old 02-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Hey guys. Quick post today cause it's the weekend and I try to stay off the boards. Just wanted to report in that I'm engaged now! Boyfriend proposed yesterday Here's a photo of the ring! We're super excited!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Sunarie!!! What a stunning ring, congratulations! That's so exciting. Wow, there are a few of us planning weddings on this board now!

Just checking in quickly- I'm babysitting my twin godsons overnight and they are being nightmares- I lost 0.5kg this week,which I'm happy with, considering I was away for work.

Still haven't decided what to do in Thailand, which is only twelve days away.

Do I

a) track but attempt to eat at maintenance calories
b) don't track, try to make healthy choices mostly and aim to maintain my weight
c) don't think about weight loss at all and just see what happens?

Sunarie, I'm so excited for you, couldn't happen to a nicer person x
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:28 AM   #84  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I am finally back (again). I lost 42lbs last year and then in just a few months of high-stress put it right back on. My head just was in the wrong place. When I work the program, I feel so great. Now that I'm back on and lost my first 10lbs (again), I shake my head as to why I wouldn't want to feel this great all the time.

I am soloing at our regional bellydance festival in July and want to wear the pretty bedlah my friend made for me. It fits me now and even at my current weight I wear a two-piece bedlah, but I really want to not only look good, but to have my moves show and look clean as I dance. I am off to the French Riviera in June and hope to strike up some business, so I want to look as good as I can for that too.

So, happy to be back with you all, sharing all aspects of our journey together.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:51 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 181.4/181.4/150

Height: 5'4"

I began weight watchers again.....for the 576th time . I made lifetime about 7 years ago but am back up to within 2 pounds of my highest weight.

BUT....yesterday I tracked everything and stayed in points. I want the weight gone again. I feel terrible about my body and have to do this for self esteem issues and health reasons.
Shelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #86  

Sunarie - CONGRATULATIONS! Woohoo! What a gorgeous ring - so happy for you!

Archy, Shelsar, glad to see some new people here, like me, who are struggling but know that WW can help. I just started two weeks ago and am wondering why I didn't do this sooner. It's hard, but not as hard as the restrictive plans I've tried in the past. I had a huge points day yesterday, dinner party at a friend's house and it was hard to count points, but seeing the whole thing reset this morning was kind of inspiring.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 269/ticker/179

Height: 5'11

Sunarie, congratulations!!!! That ring is beautiful!!!!
iSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote