Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Post Almost 2 years later, and still not much change...

It's been a while since I've blogged anything, about a year and a half, and not much has changed weight loss wise. I've basically stayed exactly the same, and I'm so sick of it. It may be mostly because I work full time, work part time, and am going to school for my associates degree. My weight loss has been an up and down battle: I lose one week, and then gain it back the next. I have such a hard time avoiding sweets and carbs. I think that if I stick to not have them as much anymore, the weight will just fall right off. Being where I work around Christmas time wasn't easy. There was chocolate everywhere you turned. It was like being in the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. I'm going to see if I can try to stay away from chocolate for one week, and see where that gets me, because that's my BIGGEST downfall.

The upside to this is my brother joined with me last Monday. This way we can hold each other accountable for our actions. He's about to weigh in tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how he did then, and maybe that will motivate me more to stick to it. I have been fairly good these past 2 weeks, and have lost .6. It's a loss, better than gaining, but am still not satisfied. I lost 31 lbs. in 2010, gained 16 back since then, and have not been able to get it back off. But, the plus side is, I've noticed that my energy level has increased. I'm getting back to the gym more often, and am doing more activity as well. Guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what next week brings... Will blog more then!
scottysgirl7682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi! You're still down 15 lbs. and you're still trying, and that's a lot! Good luck!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #3  

You know, if you follow the plan it works. As long as you give in to sweets, you will crave them. Instead of eating candy, how about a cup of SF FF hot chocolate?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I feel your pain - last year was much the same for me. First, give yourself credit for not gaining. Holding steady sometimes is a win. Next, look at your life and realize it would derail anyone if they are too busy and too tired.

I ask this, "how is your sleep?" Do you get enough sleep? If you don't, you are probably using carbs/sugar to boost you enough through the day to survive day to day. That's how it works for me. I sleep well - I eat well. I don't sleep well. I don't eat well.

Try, if you can't do anything else, TRY to get enough sleep and see if that makes resisting the carbs easier.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #5  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

You can doooo it!!!! I have a really really bad sweet tooth. I've found if I drink water constantly my sugar cravings completely go away. The more you eat it the more you crave it. If you drink soda and you want the sweet cravings to go away, stop drinking them. I found that was a huge downfall for me. If I don't touch soda for a week, I stop craving candy. Hope that helps!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I feel your pain - last year was much the same for me. First, give yourself credit for not gaining. Holding steady sometimes is a win. Next, look at your life and realize it would derail anyone if they are too busy and too tired.

I ask this, "how is your sleep?" Do you get enough sleep? If you don't, you are probably using carbs/sugar to boost you enough through the day to survive day to day. That's how it works for me. I sleep well - I eat well. I don't sleep well. I don't eat well.

Try, if you can't do anything else, TRY to get enough sleep and see if that makes resisting the carbs easier.
Couldn't have said it better! Once you get past those first couple of weeks, it gets easier to say no. Assess your why, and that can help your how .

Regardless, we are here for you! Whether you lose, gain, or maintain, don't stop posting. You are more likely to bounce back quickly with support than going MIA. Use us!
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote