Old 05-31-2015, 06:57 PM   #316  
Less of a Better Me

There are some people who use the old program. But, bear in mind that the "new" points plus program is almost 5 years old now! It came out in 2010. Yes, Weight Watchers is a business and, of course, it tries to develop new products to make more money. At the same time, I think a primary way to do that is to keep up to date with new information and science. Points plus is better than points, IMHO, because it is more up to date in assigning points. It doesn't just look at fat, fiber and calories. It look at protein, carbs, as well as fat and fiber. In general, if you have 2 foods and one of them is high protein versus one that is high carb, the high protein would will be a little less points.

The other primary change is making most fruits zero points rather than counting points. Weight Watchers does build in an assumption that people will be eating a certain amount of fruits/veggies a day.

A big point in favor of Points Plus is that if you buy packaged products in the store that show Points Plus info, it will be points plus they are showing.

At this point -- almost 5 years into this program -- I think it probably makes more sense to just follow that program. If you are joining Weight Watchers, bear in mind that you don't have to buy a digital calculator. You can calculate the points plus value of food using either a phone app or going to etools.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 226/217.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello! I am a 68 year old living on an island in the fabulous Florida Keys. I joined WW about three weeks ago and have lost 8.4 pounds of the 75 I hope to shed.
I want to be successful and hope that you all will guide me. Thanks.
Cayochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:57 PM   #318  
Less of a Better Me

Congrats on the nice start! WW does work.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:37 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Hello! Name is Valerie. I am 28 in September. This is my second round of Weight Watchers. The first round went O-K. I did it after doing the Metabolic Research Center '2 week fast' and the weight didn't drop off as quick on WW so I dropped in after my initial 2-3 months. Should have stayed on it! Didn't gain TOO much back but am very happy to have rejoined and taking it slower! My 1 week weigh in is tomorrow (Monday). My highest weight was about 275ish shortly after I got out of college in 09. Down to 239 as of my beginning WW weigh in. Looking to get down to a healthy BMI of 136lbs for my size. That's a whopping 103lbs!

Last edited by MrsClayton; 08-03-2015 at 02:38 AM.
MrsClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #320  

Hi Everyone

I'm doing WW PP and seem to like the new (to me) point system. It makes you take time to be more aware of the amount of Carbs your eating.

Weigh In Tuesdays
Aug 19, 2015 SW 311
Sep 01 2015 307.6
Sept 09, 2015 306
Sept 15, 2015 304.6 CW
My Goal is 185
Amby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 230/217/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello! New here and have been considering WWs. Curious if folks wouldn't mind sharing their experiences--do you go to the meetings in person? Use the personal coach, etc? What have you found? Did you lose consistently throughout, or more at the beginning, etc?

I have struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life, so in part I think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn better patterns of behavior towards food, but a part of me is also a bit fearful that I'll be prone to misuse points (in other words use less to lose more).

What spurred me into action this time was being left by a partner who flat out told me he wasn't attracted to me anymore after being emotionally and physically distant for months. I really would like to show him (any myself) that I can do this, but also want it to be the right move forward instead of just getting frustrated if it doesn't seem to work right away. I want to drop 20 fairly quickly to get under 200. :/
devushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 235.8 / 227 / 180

Height: 5'11

Hi Devushka!

I've recently started WWs (3 weeks in) myself after gaining about 50 pounds in a bad marriage. Realizing that I need to go back on the market again, I've decided it's time to get back to my pre-"him" weight. So far I've lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks. Very happy with the progress, but still got a long way to go.

WWs is designed to be slow and steady progress. The intention is to tweak your current patterns towards healthier options that will allow you to lose weight slowly and consistently without starving yourself. It's a good program in my opinion.

As for my experience, I've done the online option rather than the in person meetings. Instead of being accountable to a group, I've been tracking progress with my best friend who is trying to lose baby weight. If you have a friend to go through it with then that's awesome. If you think you'll need accountability but do not know anyone to join with you, you may consider the in person meetings. It all depends on your discipline.

Good luck! And hope this helps

Julie
julieann03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #323  
lissyfatchick

S/C/G: 215/212/155

Talking New Member

Hi, I'm Lissy and I just found this forum. Awesome!!! I've had trouble all my life with weight loss, up and down and all over the place. I've tried it all and I'm now excited to try something completely new. As a teacher I'm low on energy all the time and it must be my weight. I don't want to end up like my mom (health wise because she's great) with diabetes and high blood pressure and all that. Now that "winter is coming" (game of thrones fans) it's only gonna get worse without exercising. Don't know if anyone has heard of the gastric bubble (aka balloon, aka tummy bubble) but I've completed my initial evaluation and have started the program. Saw Dr. Brackman (yummy but married) in Springfield, and he's so thorough. I have to see his nutritionist again before I can schedule the procedure, but should have it in by 2016.

So much stuff here, don't know where to begin or what it all is. Trackbacks? attaching files, links? All very confusing. Well, I could ramble forever, so I'll post updates soon.
melissa2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 180/173/130

I'm Jeanie. Been reading this forum for a few years. Rarely post. Heart transplant recipient. Take lots of meds. Gained 50 lbs. Have been trying to lose it for over 10 years. Finally found something that works for me (the newest WW). Hope you see you around!
jeanie402000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #325  
Less of a Better Me

Hi, Jeanie. Welcome to the forum. Good luck with Weight Watchers. And, let us know if you have any questions.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #326  

Unhappy No Menu Plan?

Hi all,
I just joined WW online today, and right away I'm disappointed because there isn't a simple meal plan suggested to get me started. Theres a kazillion recipes, but I have to plan my own menus. I'm very disappointed as I'm working long hours right now and it feels overwhelming, I had expected some "hand holding" for a week. Does anyone have any links to a simple week to get started?
Thanks for your suppport!
Rafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 228.8/187.2/120

Height: 5'

Hi there, I just rejoined WW last week. I am really liking the SP program! I've done WW before, I've done the P.Plus, the Flex/Core, and I think whatever was before that. I am hoping this will be my last time joining and that I will lose this weight for good! I'm in the middle of my second week, lost 4.4 the first week!
fitmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #328  
Less of a Better Me

Welcome! Sounds like you are having a good start. Be sure and ask any questions in the general Weight Watchers forum. Also, we have a April chat where people just chat or post weigh ins.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'3"

Just joined Weight Watchers Online Plus. Excited and nervous, especially about getting in all my fitness points.
nolasandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:32 AM   #330  

New here, joining WW as well. I am also nervous and excited.
NannaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote