Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL #254 May 8 - May 14

Rise and Shine, LWL

OK, most of you have been up for a while and are already done your workouts. I know I'm the slacker around here.

I had a nice relaxed weekend of yardwork, housework, and dinner and a movie with dh. Saw "Thanks for Smoking". Very good. We rented "Matchpoint" which I didn't bother to finish watching on Saturday night.

Lots of cardio on Saturday, then no exercise at all yesterday. Today is LEGS and back at it for the week. Time to get really serious about the food again. Too many complacency slips going on.

What's up in your world?

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:30 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

We saw that Matchpoint, it was quite odd, but enjoyable, if only to see it centered around London!

I may have been up a while, but I haven't got round to my workouts... I'm nixing the gym because it's raining and I don't want to a) slip over on my butt on the way down the hill and b) get the free weights area soggy! I've got kickboxing tonight, so I might cope without the extra gym bits today!

Weekend consisted of shopping - buying things that are too small because I'm up 7lbs from the 3 days of eating like a with my Mum and Dad However it'll all come out in the wash, I'm sure of it! I also ordered THE DRESS! It's the sparkly one with the lacey halter collar. The shop assistants were saying how good I looked and I'm saying, "No I'm all bloated and fat!" And then they were saying, "Oh well if you look this good in it on a FAT day, then you'll look soooooo much better in it!" Which is true! If it made me feel good on a fat day, it must truly be some dress!

Oh and yesterday I think I slept and ate. That was about it. Oh we went to a farmer's market and got cheese and banana cake.

Off for jacket potato with cottage cheese yummy! I've missed meal #2 since I was still full of food, so I might have that one later...
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

My weekend was boring - just listing stuff on eBay and cleaning. The high point was watching the second episode of the new season Doctor Who on Saturday. (Do you get Doctor Who in the US?)

I've done my workout - it was double Cardio today. 20 mins HIIT on the stationary bike followed by 20 mins abs then 20 mins stretches, then a 2 hour walkies with the dogs.

I had the c/c, oats and egg whites pancake topped with hot blueberries for breakfast and some pineapple with C/C for meal 2. I'm going to have a 'Mexican' omlette for lunch - not sure about dinner yet, but I've got chicken breasts defrosted and some nice orange fleshed sweet potatoes (yams?) so I shall try and be creative.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #4  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

It's pouring with rain here. I've bought a new pair of trousers (black linen) and a sports bra. I know it will sound like nothing to some of you shopaholics but this is BIG for me.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #5  

MEL - at 7:15 this morning I was helping DD try to find her other ballet shoe, no success unfortunately, but this moma has to spend some serious time decluttering her house.

I did get to the gym this am for a great LBWO even though the allergies are killing me. The up side to this week is no night meetings, the downside to this week is it is supposed to rain and there goes DD's field day tomorrow.

2 FRU- Loving the whole dress discussion, sounds wonderful and something to look forward to.

SARAH ANN- Love Dr. Who, though I haven't been able to nail down the schedule yet or get it on the DVR, soon I hope.

Food is packed for the day, in fact, feeling like it is time to have something.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm not sure what's going to fit this week (Dd's wedding is Saturday already!)but I'm going to try to do all four days of my split. Today should be shoulders and abs (and housework )
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Hi all....great weather this weekend here in the DC area, wish it could be humidity free like this all the time. And today, a work day, it's raining. Now that's the way the weather should be....gorgeous on weekends, rainy during the week.

Did UB on Sat, LB on Sun, and UB this morning. Not as much cardio as I would like, but am nursing my right knee, so need to take it easy. Will try to find time for the elliptical at the gym tonight before my client comes.

Mel, everyone's been talking about Thank you for Smoking...I'm going to have to find time to get to the movies to see it.

Fru, so when do we see a picture of what sounds like a fantastic dress?

Silver, yay on the purchases...we, of all people, understand how cool buying new things are...especially when they make us feel good about how we are doing health wise.

Sugar...isn't the pollen awful?!?! It's been so dry in DC, and windy, that my eyes are all puffed up and red.

Susan B--how big a wedding is your DD having? Things must be frantic in your house. Great that you are able to find time to exercise.

I've been reading the Body for Life for Women book and am finding it very inspiring. Lots of good sense ideas to keep me motivated. Since I started the program this weekend, I've been repeating a mantra of...only 3 months...only 3 months....what's 3 months in a lifetime? Hope it works. Of course, that's only the beginning.....

Have a great day all!

Susan
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #8  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Sunday afternoon I ended up doing about 2 hours of apartment cleaning followed by 30 min of cardio kickboxing, squats and some ab work followed by 1 hr of yoga. Great at home workout, I gotta keep recording stuff on FitTV, keeps things interesting and gets me to do something even if I don’t make it to the gym. My quads are pretty tender today, I hope yoga is more ab/upper body focused tonight, I don’t think I could do another squat if my life depended on it.

Can’t wait to see Thank You for Smoking, I’ve heard great things. One of my best friends celebrates her birthday the day after tomorrow and I haven’t gotten her anything yet! Anyone have a good gift idea for a traveler? She’s headed to Israel next month, if I could think of something nice that she would use on the trip that’s an idea. I’m not good at gift shopping, and I always leave it to the last minute…eek!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #9  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning LWL! We had SNOW overnight. Not much, and it's raining now, but still - it's May!!

Had a good weekend doing stuff at home. I did get in 3.5 mile walk on Sat, but yesterday went by the board... But I also got lots of paper sorted and stored, bills paid, laundry done, groceries bought, etc. Feel much more ready to face life now.

Liza, the husband of a friend swears by using a Neti pot every day for his allergies - basically you're washing out your nasal passages. It sounds gross, and frankly, is a little, but I've done it for a cold and it does help. You can google it. I know Amazon sells them. Hope you're feeling better.

Gym tonight includes cardio and UBWO. My eating was clean last week except for Friday lunch where my two Friday lunch buddies and I celebrated Cinco di Mayo with some Mexican food - not too bad, just too much.... My weight stayed the same after one week of the challenge. Need to get DH to measure me as that may be a better indication of what's happening.

SB, congrats on the new purchases.

Frus, the same to you on the wedding dress. No way you've gained 7 real pounds in 3 days. They'll be gone soon as long as you don't invite their friends to visit.

to the rest of you. Have a great day, and be thankful it didn't snow where you live!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #10  

Hi! I am in my 2nd week of my lifting program which is set up for Mon, Wed Friday. I went to water fitness class at 830 am for an hour that is taught by a trainer that does triathalon training who I love! I want her arms! That was my cardio. I did my routine after water class, and the trainer I have checked in to see if I had any questions. I was doing the bench weight incline thing right. I am learning the lingo or trying to. I increased my reps to 2 sets of 12 for almost everything. I feel great!

Tues at 8am special trainer is doing a Advanced Hydro-Conditioning class where they combine water exercise and plyometrics ( I will have to look that up) I will attend that instead of working out on my own in the water for Tuesday. The club is also starting a new class this week that is called Upper Cuts which is to improve strength is in the chest, back and upper arm muscles. The goal is toned, sculpted and strong upper bodies. I am going to try that. It is on Wed.

I don't know where the weekend went.... I did work in the flowers in the yard. I did go Sunday morning to work out on my own in the pool and then to Sams Club in my quest to consolidate trips. Its either that or slow down at 2.95 a gallon. I need my 6 pack of Romaine lettuce, gala apples, berries and a salmon. My food plan is fairly well on track. The package of cookies my husband asked for ( he weighs the same thin weight 26 years ago when we married) is on the highest shelf of decorative pottery in the kitchen so they are out of sight and hard for me to reach...

I saw that Dr. Who was remade. You English gals! Love all the names that differ from the States. When I was there, I went to Harrods food hall and tried eveything that I had read about in English novels. Such as a Scotch egg. I was on holiday as you say!
StarSpangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:08 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

Susan and Pat - there's a thread in UK chicks called "More Dresses" ignore the first pic in the thread, and the other 3 are me in THE DRESS!!

One of my lbs has left the building! I told it to clear off and never bring its friends round here ever again!

I got into Box splits last night! From legs out infront to out to the sides - I did have an instructor pushing on my legs I'm going to try the conventional way tonight to see if I can get there from "above"

Hopefully off to the gym at lunch if it's not too wet to run down, then a run and some proper kickboxing training tonight. It's getting round to belt-test time, roll on Green Belt!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:15 AM   #12  
Mel

Fru- I love that dress. You look positively gorgeous in it!

Pat- Snow!!!! Ick- we have drifts of pollen here now. I'm not sure which is worse. I don't have too many problems, but most people I know are living on Allegra or Claritin.

Star- Wohoo! Sounds like you are getting the hang of it all. I wish I had a pool.

SusanB- Good luck on making it through what is sure to be a stressful week! Hang in there

Hi Susan(Artmaker), Rabbit, Shan, Nelie in China, Sarah Anne, SB, and every one else.

Yesterday was leg day and I'm properly sore. Today is chest. Usually by Thursday I'm sore all over.

Have a good one,
Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

Thank you very much! I'm off to get some definition in my back to show off!

Cya after the gym
Old 05-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #14  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Morning Ladies (and any Gents who are reading).

It was an UBWO day for me - and my shoulders are telling me all about it! Followed by my normal 20 mins stretches, breakfast and then the usual 2 hour walk with the dogs. It was a perfect day for walking - sunny but not hot with a 10 mph cool wind. (Well.... its perfect for me!)

I was hoping to drag DH to the gym this afternoon but I woke up with a mysterious rash - bright, bright pink and puffy - and its spreading fast - so far its everywhere except my face. It doesn't hurt at all but it looks awful - and clashes dreadfully with my baby pink w/o clothes!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone.
Susan Artmaker ... 180 people! That's waaaay too many people in one room for me.
Jenfrus ... I'll try to have a look but my computer time is limitted these days. Sorry, I will try.

My Dh is just miserable with allergies! He says this is the worst year he's had in ages. Claritin is what he's trying right now. We're praying that he feels (and looks) better by Saturday.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote