Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-08-2004, 08:34 AM   #61  
Ilene the Bean

Hello Sandy, I love your new name it give out a much more positive vibe :...
How did you change just your name, I'd love to change only my name too... As for your question about working out your arms, IMO, I think you should strive to workout lower body one day then uppper the next to start, if you're a beginner, with a cardio day inbetween...Just my 2 cents...

I' m off to the gym for legs, I've had a good breakie, oatmeal and eggwhites... soooo TTFN...

Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:39 AM   #62  
Meg

Ilene - just send a PM to Suzanne and she can help you with a name change.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:54 AM   #63  
Ilene the Bean

Thank you Megster! I appreciate it!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:13 AM   #64  

Sandy, good idea about the name change. It is amazing how much the things we say and the way we say them effect the way we feel about ourselves and life in general.

I worked out with my trainer the other night, probably harder than I ever have before. I was totally drained when we got done. My arms were shaking so badly, I could barely drive. A weird thing happened, and I wonder if it is related. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home and I was so cold, like bone-aching cold, I could hardly stand it. The weather has turned colder here, but the degree of discomfort I felt seemed out of proportion to the weather. Could working out really hard have accounted for that? Another question....sort of! I almost never get sore. I can work out until my entire body is shaking, until I can barely move. I can do abs or arms until I literally cannot move. Definitely lifting to failure. I will be absolutely certain that I will be sore the next day, but it doesn't happen. For awhile we thought it was because I wasn't getting enough fluids, but that is long in the past and I get plenty. I'm not sure why this is, and as long as I am doing things right I really have no complaint, it just seems odd. This time, we used the thigh adductor (the old gym only had the abductor one, so this is new) and I feel THAT. The soreness started three days later though. I think my body is just weird.

I'm off to work. Did manage to cook brown rice this morning. That ought to help for the week. I think I am addicted to this stuff. I love it.

Dawna
Dawnajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:40 AM   #65  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Ilene,

Thanks for the advice on workouts. I just emailed Jennifer and requested a name change and she suggested that I email her back with a few names in the priority that I wish to have, just in case someone had that name. I just decited Sandy71 probably wouldn't be used since my brithday year was thrown in there. Then she sent me an email a day later saying that it was finished.

I went shopping this weekend and bought 3 new pairs of shoes. I figure, why wait to lose the weight to start feeling good about myself. Since yesterday, I'm even more on top of the game that ever!!!

You guys wanna know something strange that's happening to my body? ...... Since I have cut out all sugar, I can't get sex (can we say that here? ) off my mind! It's so weird...like all I want is that!!!! DH is soooooooooooooooo happy these days
SupaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:20 PM   #66  
Lovin' Zumba!

Good afternoon gals! Hope you all are doing well, surviving Monday....

The weather channel is predicting snow flurries for us later today - yikes! Good thing I got those leaves raked! I thought my arms would fall off Saturday night, but I survived.

Good chest and shoulder workout today - still about 1/2 of what I should be doing, but I'm still ramping up.

Had a bit of a hormonal food attach this weekend - doing SBD, I've not had any kind of grain product in 4 weeks, and I had major cravings. I settled for some GenSoy tortilla chips (YUCK!), and a few "carb control" cookies. Neither was really worth the calories, but they saw me through the evening. Now what to do with what's leftover? The dang stuff is SO pricey, so you hate to just throw them out. And, no one else wants them! Next time I'll be stronger and stick to sf pudding for that chocolate craving.

My scale has not budged in a week, and I'm hoping it's because of TOM - otherwise I'll have to rethink my plan - what's the point of being so restricted if it's not working?!?!?

I did find the Hood smoothies at our Super WalMart this weekend - I wouldn't say I love them, but I did bring some to work as emergency snacks. Maybe they'll grow on me
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #67  
Ilene the Bean

Sandy -- on the s-e-x thing!! One thing I do know is that when I take care of my body I am more comfortable with myself in aspects of life...Maybe that's it... Why wait for Spring to feel good about yourself, do it now, is my moto, so kudos on the shoe shopping spree! Thanks for the info on the name change I will PM Suzanne with the different options I would like...

Dawna -- You are not weird at all ! My soreness doesn't start till 1.5 to 2 days later, everyone is different in that respect too... As for rarely getting sore, maybe you're workout needs a change up, I know I change mine almost everytime I work a body part, and I'm ALWAYS or 99.9% of the time sore... I have to be very careful with brown rice myself because I can over eat my portion of only half a cup very easily, I love the stuff...

I had a great leg workout today... Did 5 sets of squats, 4 set of leg presses... I started doing the leg press and the squats in the same workout because Mel mentionned that it does not work the same leg muscles, I like doing both in the same workout too ... 5 sets of leg extensions, 5 sets of standing leg curls, lunges and donkey kicks... I sure hope I'm sore tomorrow because I'm wobbly now! I just finished making a large pot of vegetable soup so I'm ready for the week in that respect...

Well I should really go clean up my closet there is a lot of clothing in there that I don't wear anymore and it's time to move on...

Hope everyone else is well, come out of lurkdom and share your day! TTFN...
Old 11-08-2004, 12:48 PM   #68  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Cindy -- Must of been typing when you posted... I SAW flurries here just about an hour ago!! Too soon, way too soon for those snow flakes...
Old 11-08-2004, 01:44 PM   #69  
MrsSandysHouse.com

Ilene,

Do you have a good reciepe for Veggie soup? My husband loves it at resturants but i dunno how to make it.

Snow flurries? It's 72 degrees and sunny here today; a light wind of 10 mph.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:18 PM   #70  
Ilene the Bean

I don't use a recipe per se Sandy, I just put in whatever I have... I usually start with chicken stock but today I simmered in turnip vegetable stock -- onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage -- I added a bay leaf and oregano, also added a large can of diced tomatoes. I didn't have any today, but I usually add a can of tomato sauce, today I had light cream of chicken soup, so I threw that in... I don't add noodles or rice but I do like to add 1 can of mixed beans (chickpeas, pinto, red kidney) instead... It's nothing fancy but it's tasty and warm at this time of year...btw it's 26F here, so I need the soup...

I like to go to All Recipes.com for ideas... here's a nice veggie soup http://soup.allrecipes.com/az/Quicka...etableSoup.asp...
Old 11-08-2004, 02:47 PM   #71  
MrsSandysHouse.com

Thanks Ilene. I will check that site out!
Old 11-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Sandy, maybe your confidence is up? Great job on the new shoes. Just don't turn into an Imaldo Marcos (sp?)

Dawna - I agree with the Queen. Bodies are just crazy and get sore in their own way. For instance, when I work back, my bis are the only thing that gets really sore, but when I work bis, my abs get sore. Go figure. I just keep on keeping on.

Legs are aching today due to squats yesterday. I love and yet am afraid of squats. I love how well they work my legs but am afraid I'm going to fall and bust my butt in front of the other gym people.

Oh yeah, yesterday there was a super big guy in the gym, with all the tattoos, head shaved, BIG MUSCLE GUY. He had on a headset and was slinging weight everywhere while he was LOUDLY singing love songs by Usher. It was so funny I couldn't help but laugh.

Peace. Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:51 PM   #73  
Lovin' Zumba!

Mmmm, veggie soup sounds like a great idea! Too bad I've cooked waaaay too much for this week already!

Last week I made a quick soup when I was craving some comfort food - 2 cans beef broth, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can white beans and 1/2 pkg. of frozen spinach. It only took about 20 minutes to make and was great. Probably a little high on the sodium, but better than a lot of things I might have eaten!

I absolutely LOVE the cabbage soup at the Big Boy restaurants - anyone have a recipe? They don't have those places out here in the Northeast, and I miss that soup!

I always laugh at how seasonal my food preferences are - I never eat soup in the Summer, and don't like salads in the winter!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:24 PM   #74  
Ilene the Bean

Cindy that soup sounds good...Hubby bought some beef broth instead of the usual chicken broth so I'll make that next week... I just searched topsecretrecipes.com site and didn't find the cabbage soup there, but they do have a lot of other recipes!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #75  
Ilene the Bean

WaterRat/Pat -- Welcome !! We LUVS newbies at LWL!!

I appologize for taking so long with the welcome mat!