Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:58 PM   #16  

Hello All LWL!

Dip - Sorry to hear about your knee, I have a fake hip so lower body is off limits except for swimming & biking so I can relate. Sounds like you're focusing on other body parts so you'll be all set. When my hip is bothering me I do a lot of core exercises and that really helps me.

Welcome back Nola & glad you're better.

Ilene, Ignore that scale and go do what you know how to do. I saw you're picture in the other thread, you are beautiful!

Meg - I'd give anything to be in sunny weather right now. Its freezing in NH today & very windy. We're heading to FL in April & I can't wait. Have a drink for me.

Hi Melissa! Nice job on the UBWO.

Topaz - I love Krista, she has the best advice and she's totally hilarious. I read something recently that she wrote about turning 30 and then she said *pause to apply Oil of Olay* and kept on going. She cracks me up & now I think of that every morning when I pause to apply my Oil of Olay.

Tiki - I think you are totally hilarious too & enjoy your posts. You sound like such a fun person. Awesome job working out 4 days in a row, you definitely deserve a break and an extra cup of jo.

Hi Jennifa, too bad about your injury. You'll be glad you let it heal properly, though.

Hi Robin, I really enjoyed your delights, I read them recently.

Hello to JC & E!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I had time to say hi to all today. Had a great weekend, but came down with a nasty cold yesterday. I was talking to someone the other day, bragging about how I never get sick, so serves me right. I'm feeling a little better, been sleeping all day. My goal this week is to get better and start swimming again, like I said I have a bad hip (actually its an artificial hip) and swimming is good cardio for me & my titanium joints. I've been neglecting the cardio recently & must get back on track. Ate pretty well over the weekend, and did massive grocery shopping so I'm stocked up & ready for a good week of clean eating!!

Anne
Old 03-22-2004, 05:26 PM   #17  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Thumbs up

Nola: it’s all the rain down in Melbourne huh? My sister has been complaining about it for a while now. Heat and then rain… By the way DH got his leathers last night and some new boots as well so I can barely pry him off his Ducati at the moment! But you know what leathers mean? Track days… I hope that he stays safe….. You aren’t a geek by the way – I LOVE crosswords as well. Hey – where are you looking for a house eventually??

Meg: yep I seem to be on a roll but still working very hard at it – I WILL succeed this time!! I am going to Hawaii in June so I am so jealous of your holiday at the moment!!

Topaz – good luck with the budgeting. If you want any pointers give me a yell I am an accountant.

Tiki - you never cook ahead of time?? OMG I would not stay on plan if I hadn’t precooked most of my meals…. I only cook once per week at the moment!

Ilene: Thanks for the As for the pounds - is there a reason for it?

Hi to you Anne! And everyone else that I missed….

I did an awesome 30 minute run last night and sweated like a pig during and after it. Food was on track and I am eating curry chicken and veggies this week for lunches which are delicious. I received finally my Eating for Life book last night from the US and had a read through it. There are some awesome recipes in there. Some things I can’t make because we don’t have the ingredients in Australia but most of it is ok. I am going to Melbourne this weekend for a wedding but next weekend I may have a cooking experiment weekend. It’s a great book for ideas when my menu gets a bit repetitive.

I hope that everyone has a great week!

JC
Old 03-22-2004, 09:50 PM   #18  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hey you gals!

Once again I've been sunk in up to my armpits at work...but had a great weekend, both food-wise and otherwise. Unfortunately it looks as though our summery weather is moving aside for some rain hopefully not too much though. I really enjoyed those 80+ degree days, that's for sure! Ah well, it's only mid-March, they'll be back soon.

I've been told that I strongly resemble...my two baby sisters.

Gotta run - I have some salmon in the oven and I've got to make some brown rice and veggies to go with it! Later gator...
Old 03-22-2004, 09:52 PM   #19  

Hi all! Sounds like we have some sickies again - get better, please.

So many posts, and I regret not getting back today before now. I delighted in spending the greater portion of the day working on a project I had been putting off, and completed it, in between loads of laundry and work-outs. Sorry if I didn't sound like I was full of P&V this AM, but it *did* kick in after coffee. IN Robin was indeed right that it was cold here today, but the sun was shining and that was good enough for me.

Another motivator I heard this morning - only 89 days to the first day of summer. So I started to wonder how much weight could I drop in 89 days? Well, I'm not going to try and predict it, but just give it my best shot. Since seriously detoxing the last few days, my energy is up and my attitude much better, so I'm on my way.

The boat name thing - I don't know because I've seen some lulus, and some that I had to ask what it meant. Some people try to be clever, and some personalize it. Our other boat is CDEBGO. I had that personalized license plate for years in Illinois, and it still hangs on our garage wall. In case you don't get it, "See Deb Go." This new boat was designed by a famous boat builder named Cherubini. I wanted to name it "Cherub Beanie," and have a halo over the "i" in beanie. In case you don't get that one, Cherub as in angel, and Beanie as in headwear, and a halo being an angel's headwear. That's how the boatbuilder's name is pronounced - Cherub Beanie. (Okay, I heard that groan.) Until the name gets painted on the boat, it's still not in concrete, or in this case, on fiberglass. Now, do you want to know the ceremony for renaming a boat? Probably not. It involves/requires a virgin to pee in the bilge, and a bottle of rum.

Well, I'm offa here, and up to bed. Hope you all had a great day and evening, and tomorrow is better for us all.

dip
Old 03-23-2004, 02:34 AM   #20  

Good morning Ladies!!
I just had to put up a quick post here - I lost 1.5 pounds last week!!! YAY!!!
I am really happy about it and wanted to share!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
~krista
Old 03-23-2004, 07:01 AM   #21  

Smile

Dip -- Yay Dip is back in town! CDEBGO, I love that! and the Beanie one too... "p" in a bottle of rum!! OMG too funny or disgusting and too early to figure that one out!

Karen -- The mention of salmon has made salivate, so that's what we're having tonite... 80+ degree weather, good gracious, like Dip said, we have 89 days to go before summer! I'm absolutely GREEN WITH ENVY!!!! This morning here in Eastern Ontario it is ccccold, damp and dull! How's that for a combo...

Krista -- Congrats on the weight !!

My legs are very sore today from squatting yesterday, I hadn't done them in quite a while, and started with the 45# bar and worked myself up to 115#... I'm feeling that big time at the moment, specially my quads!! I don't feel that muscle too often for some reason...

Today it's gym (of course) and dust the dang place, before my allergies start kicking in!

Later all...
Old 03-23-2004, 09:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hiya all,

Dip - Glad you were able to get your project done. Done is such a good feeling. Your comment about the virgin and the rum had me spitting coffee on my monitor! TOO FUNNY! I wish they had a smiley for ROTFLMAO

Ilene - 115# on squats? Girl, you ROCK!

Krista - Way to go on the 1.5 loss. I had the exact same amount missing from my scale Saturday morning. Ain't it a great feeling?:

Karen - What time should I get there for dinner?

Anne - Colds are for winter. It's spring now so blow your nose and then get going!

JC - I shop for the week and plan out quick healthy meals to make each night, but I'm not organized enough to cook for the week on the weekends. I really admire people who are. Once cheer/football season starts, I will have to make time to do just that. Otherwise my healthy eating will go out the window.

Slept til 6:30 this morning and it was GREAT! Had bad news all day long yesterday from every angle and then before I knew it I had some bad food in my hand. Glad to say I put it down and went and called a friend instead. Yay ME!

Hi to all I missed!

Oh yeah, I like men again.

Peace. Tiki.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:26 AM   #23  

Morning everyone! I just wanted to say a quick "thanks!" to everyone who gave me advice on my squats...the sticking my butt out thing really has helped...they're not perfect yet but getting there I guess I just had to get over the 20 some odd years of ballet training that said to never stick your butt out! hehehe Well screw skinney ballet bodies, I'm going for buff girl now!

Kristy - congrats on the weight loss! woo hoo!

Tiki - I'm with you on the not cooking out my meals ahead of time...for me I found it just wasn't practicle and I found myself obsessing about it. For me the best plan is just to eat reasonably and to exercise as much as possible.

Ilene - #115! I'm impressed! Right now I'm just working with the bar...oh someday

Dip - I don't know about the peeing virgin but the rum part sounds just about right

JC, Topaz, Nola, Meg, Mel, Pookie, Robin, Anne, MrsJim, Jennifa...(oh my gosh! So many names to remember!) Hi to all of you...and a very special "Hi" to anyone I forgot! Have a great day ladies!

Melissa
Old 03-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #24  

Thanks for the congrats on my squat... but dang Mel is the SQUAT she's done 300#.... Imagine? I cannot, no way not me!

Melissa -- Starting with the bar is nothing to sneeze at, it's a great start!

Cooking ahead -- When I cook ahead, I don't necessarily eat it all in the same week. But it's nice to know I have it and that if I make something for the family that is not clean, I can take out a baggie of 4 oz chicken and stir fry it with some veggies... Last week I froze 7 - 4 ozbaggies of BBQ chicken...yummy!!! I had that yesterday for lunch it was perfect... No reason to fall off program really...

Ok gonna go finish dusting and going to the gym by 10:30....for shoulders and cardio...

Last edited by 3fcuser1058250; 03-23-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:11 PM   #25  
Uber-Moderator!!

Goooooood morning y'all! Quickie post from the salt mines here.

Oh the salmon is history. I measured out my portion and then Jim polished off the rest, with a heapin' helpin' of brown rice and veggies. He was quite happy. BTW this weekend Safeway had a "Seafood Extravaganza" sale so that was why we had salmon - when it's $4 a pound for filets, then it's a buyer's market!

Anyone else catch Dr. Phil's Booty Camp yesterday? Pretty cool. I want a Precor elliptical for home too - although I would have to nail it to the ceiling and work out upside down since, with all of Jim's studio equipment (he just acquired a Rickenbacher bass that he is REALLY proud of!) now taking up a full 50% of our front room, space is definitely at a premium...

We might be having Cat Cutlets for dinner tonight - the past two mornings, Chalupa Boy has been raising a ruckus at 2:00 am...if we don't get out of bed when he jumps on the nightstand, he stretches up and starts rattling the blinds on the bedroom window, then 'thumps' through the house meeeooowwwing. By the time we get him calmed down it's almost 2:30...then I go back to sleep and wake up late - which for me is from 4:30 - 4:45 am. So I didn't have time to do cardio this morning, just weights darn it! I brought my workout clothes today and am going to try and get to the fitness center here at work and work in some cardio. Tonight I have a riding lesson and then after that, I'm planning on giving the cats a work out...instead of snoozing before we go to bed, I'm going to get all their toys out and get them to chase them - you know, running them ragged so they sleep through the night! Hopefully that'll work...

Speaking of work - gotta have a shake, then back to the old grind!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:13 PM   #26  

Just had to come back an dshare how great my was and the shoulder w/o wasn't bad either...

Also for the last 2 days I have been making myself this shake when I come back from the gym that is delicious...

1/2c super cold water
1/2c cold milk
1c still frozen strawberries
1 scoop vanilla p/p
1T ground flax and 1tsp Udo's (I always add this it's just habit)
Splenda to taste
Everything in a blender or use a hand blender. I think it's the still frozen strawberries, this milkshake is so thick I have to eat it with a spoon and it tastes like soft ice-cream. Today I added 1tsp coco powder I felt I needed some chocolate... Very refreshing, so refreshing that it gave me brain freeze AND now I must go take a hot bath because I'm freezing ... I guess this would make a better summer treat...

Later!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:20 PM   #27  

OMG !! OMG !!! I totally forgot to mention that this morning I tried my pant-o-meter and they fit very loosely!!! Then I was folding a pair of D's pants and they are a size 8... so I thought what the heck, I tried them, and the things FIT!! Wiat till she finds THAT out!!

Karen -- Your cat story made me laugh!! You could also try giving them a bath and a bottle of warm milk. I used to do this with my kids when they were little, run them ragged, then give them a bath and warm milk and off to bed!!

Ok, I'm being silly, I'm frozen and need a WARM bath!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:27 PM   #28  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

hi all!! I know I have been MIA. I have been sick and haven't worked out in 2 weeks (except 1 day w/ a trainer). I am feeling a bit better and plan to go back tonight.

Love to you all!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:30 PM   #29  
The Salad Guru

HI CHICKIES!

Okay, no workouts, but atleast eats are nice and clean

Ilene- 150lbs on squats?! do you do a pyramid set? i was up to 45lbs using the Smith machine, 3 x 10 and that made me want to hurl! Mel must be SuperWoman to do 300lbs, that's awesome!

Krista congrats on the weight loss

Tiki- what do you do for a living that 6:30am is sleeping in?! i can relate, i used to work dayshift at the hospital and i had to be up at 5:30am which especially sucked in the winter when it was still dark and cold at that hour, and 6:30am would have felt like a luxury to me too. or mabey you just get up early to go to the gym, that's will power!

have to go put my toddler to nap and get to putting the last coat of paint on my oldest D's bedroom- she wanted it done in time for her Birthday party this Friday night- bright green , it's part of her birthday gift; a bedroom makeover, since we moved the baby into my step sons old room and she has her room to herself now. and she wants bright orange curtains and rug , well it's her choice, but i'm not doing this again for a while so she better like it.
tootaloo!
-E
Old 03-23-2004, 02:46 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Elasky - green and orange? I love orange, but the green? I hope she likes it too. I did DD in Salmon w/tweety bird, and then she decided that she likes blue better. Grrrr!!!!

I get up at 4:00AM 3 days a week to hit the gym. That way it is done and over with and I don't have to stress about when I am going to work it in at the end of the day.

J-Mom - Sad to hear you were down but glad to see you are back up. How did the workout w/ the trainer go?

Tiki.
Closed Thread