Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 10:44 AM   #1  

Default 12 Week Challenge - Week # 1 March 11 -17th

HEY THERE CHALLENGETTES! IT'S WEEK ONE OF OUR 12 WEEK CHALLENGE -- ARE YA READY?

I HAVE BEEN HAVING MAJOR COMPUTER PROBLEMS - IT KEEPS CRASHING - AND APOLOGIZE FOR GETTING THIS UP AND RUNNING LATE.

THE "RUNNING" THEME FOR THIS CHALLENGE COULD BE EXERCISE -- IF YOU GUYS ARE UP FOR THAT?

WHAT WORKS FOR YOU? WHAT CAN YOU DO JUST THIS WEEK? HOW DOES IT HELP? WHAT'S A MAJOR DRAG AND HOW CAN WE HELP EACH OTHER TO COME UP WITH MORE INSPIRATIONAL WAYS TO KEEP AT IT?

I'LL POST MORE LATER...

PATCH
Old 03-14-2002, 11:59 AM   #2  

Hi Patch! Would love to join your challenge. Re: exercise, most days I get up early and walk/jog about 2-3 miles; also do light weights a few times a week. I'm thinking about trying one of those Volksmarch things soon, for a little variety; I get tired of walking the same stretch of highway every day! Anyone done that? What did you think of it?
Regards,
Jan
Old 03-14-2002, 01:27 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi Patch,

and muchas gracias for starting the new thread.

exercise-no problem here.

I usually do a minimum of 5 days/week of cardio -either 3 mile runs, elliptical training, stairmastering. I always break a sweat and feel "the burn".

My new thing is Yoga. Yup, lala loves yoga. I have found my centroid and everything else.

I did my one month intensive and then am hitting my gym's classes about four times a week. I am thinking of either taking another intensive or a ashanta workshop next month. Its really helping my flexibility and posture.

How do I reward myself? Well, I have a calendar on my office wall (hello kitty this year) with stars for everyday I exercise. Its pretty nice to see.

So, I can't tell you how much exercise plays a role in my wl attempts, but I couldn't live without some sort of activity.

lala
Old 03-14-2002, 01:33 PM   #4  

Ready, set, go!

Exercise - excellent topic and a great challenge for all of us on a daily basis. Speaking of which, I bought one of those exercise balls this week. My ab exercises etc. were getting kind of old so I thought I'd try something new. Well, well, well.......I used it last night for the first time and holy crow! Ouch! I hurt today! I'm thinking this will be great for some serious toning exercises.

I finally weighed in today. On maintenance I have been wavering between 135 and 138 (my ww goal is 140). Today I was down .8 from my weigh-in in January so I'm currently at 136.8. Not bad.

Therefore, my goal in the next 12 weeks is to hit 130 - I would love to be 130 this summer. So, I'm going to give it my all!!!! This would be my ultimate goal so I'm going to need some serious help and support ladies! Exercise will play a hige role in reaching this goal.

Issues with exercise - biggest one is that I have a heck of a time dragging my butt off the couch to the treadmill on many days. In other words, motivation!!!!!

Looking forward to the next twelve weeks!

Kena

173.2/140/136.8
Old 03-14-2002, 04:10 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Patch: I love the idea of incorporating exercise into our weekly theme. This is an area where I lack motivation.

Currently my main form of exercise is walking outdoors (weather permitting) and taking a yoga class once a week. When I get out walking I feel better and I'm less stressed so I know it helps me in more ways than one. What I'm trying to do is to keep a running tally of miles walked each day and then tally them up at the end of the week. At our WW meeting they have "sneakers" on the wall and my goal is to get the "sneaker charm" for my 10% key ring.

In looking at the previous posts I feel like such a slug compared to the others who exercise way more than I do. Of course, by not exercising as much I have to keep my points lower to maintain my weight.

Thanks for keeping us going!
Old 03-14-2002, 07:18 PM   #6  

Hi gals,

I like the exercise theme for this challenge. My usual weekly program includes walking a minimum of 2 mi each day. I attend fitness classes 3x per week (sometimes areobics, sometimes kick boxing). I also have some disk problems in my lower back, so I am compelled to do ab work at least 4 to 5 x per week. If I don't do the ab work I am so stiff and uncomfortable. I can really feel the difference.

Since I haven't taken part in any of these challenges before, could you folks fill me in on the rules?

Happy Thur,
JanieD
Old 03-15-2002, 09:32 AM   #7  

Hi all. My exercise of choice is running, and I credit it with my being able to remain at or near goal. My eating habits have been atrocious lately, yet my weight gain has been little or nothing. I try not to push that envelope too far though.

On a good week, I get out a minimum of three times. I would like to increase that minimum to four now that the better weather is here. (I have a treadmill, but my preference is to be outdoors.) Ideally, I would like to work my way up to 5 times per week. I normally run at least 5k (3 miles) and get in one longer, slower run on weekends.

I have been intending to add strength training and badly-needed ab work to my routine. I recognize that it's needed, just haven't taken the full plunge yet.

Janie: It's pretty loose as far as rules go. Patch starts the challenge on Mondays with a topic such as this week's one on exercise. We chat about that (and lots of other things), then record our points at the end of the week, including results of our weekly weigh-in.

Sigh..my goal - once again - is to get to 138. That's 9.6 lbs less than where I am today. I'm starting over, again, today. A-r-r-r-g-g-h-h what's wrong with my resolve???
Old 03-15-2002, 10:26 AM   #8  

CHALLENGE UPDATE - 'DA "RULES"

WELL IT'S REALLY MORE GUIDELINES... AND HERE THEY ARE --

We come to this thread to get a renewed sense of resolve, and motivation to keep with the Weight Watcher program. Over the next 12 weeks, we try to focus on the topic of the challenge and week, giving and getting wonderful support from each other.

So for me, I'd have to put down that I've gained 4 lbs back , and am up to 131.6. My challenge is to get back to and maintain at least 129 by mid June's end of challenge. It may not seem like much, but we all know how hard it can be on maintainence.

By the end of the week, since we've been keeping amazing track of our points ... we post the whole sheebang for example:

UPDATE FOR WEEK
Weighed in at: 131.6

Mon 22 (banked 3, earned 5 activity points)
Tues 25 - 1 = 24 (of banked points)
Wed 23 (banked 2, earned 3 act. pts)
Thur 22 (banked 3)
Fri 35 (used 10 banked points) - 10 = 25
Sat 30 - 5 banked pt = 25
Sun 25

We could also post our weekly exercise if ya want

Mon - 3 miles track work racewalking
Tues - nada
Wed - 4 mile fast hike
Thurs - 3 mi walk
Fri - rest
Sat - 6.2 mile racewalk on Catalina
Sun - rested

hope this helps...
glad to be back and have all you guys here

Patch

Last edited by patch30; 03-19-2002 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 03:09 PM   #9  

OK WEEK 2 HAS BEGUN.. CRAWL...WALK...OR RUN TO THAT THREAD!!!

THAT IS AFTER YOU POST YOUR WEEKLY NUMBERS FOR THIS PAST WEEK HERE.
Closed Thread