Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

I am still here as well, My husband and I went on a valentines weekend getaway so I have gotten out of my groove. I have decided to take this week off and start phase III on Monday. I am extremely tired lately. When I started exercising and lifting, I had sooo much energy but nowadays not so much. I did have low iron in the past so maybe I will get that checked again. Anyone else have low ennergy levels?? Any ideas?
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #47  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Yay on the weekend trip!
I tend to get low on Vitamin D this time of year...little to no sunshine this far North! That always makes me feel tired and blah. I have an Rx for it so I just take some D and I'm better in about a day.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #48  

2fatcats, I will try that, thank u
Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #49  

Hope everybody is well and on plan-
Tonight is our last "A" workout of Phase II! One more "B" on Saturday and then we start Phase III next Tuesday. It seems like the "A" days were a lot harder than the "B" days. Or at least I burn more calories on those days!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #50  

I started phase 3 this week and there is no way I can do an explosive pushup. My wrists just are not strong enough. Also, The front squat just did not feel right so I am using the squat machine. When I tried the front squat the way she does it in the video, I felt it in my lower back instead of my legs for some reason.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #51  

@strlsgrl: My wrists are already weak - surgery on each of them - so there is NO way I'm even going to attempt it. I haven't even looked yet to see what changes - saving that for this Sunday when I'm lazy!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #52  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've been sick off and on and I stopped Convict conditioning. I decided though I wanted to start supercharged so I did my first workout today. So far, so good
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #53  

Go Nelie! I started at phase one, level one and it was hard. Very hard. I was very out of shape, though. In 2 months I can tell a difference in my strength and appearance. I haven't missed a workout yet and I love the program! Hope you like NRoLS and it works for you, too!

I started Phase III this week - just finished my first "B" workout tonight. In A - the dang lunges with rear foot elevated are quad killers. I tried a front squat tonight - the bar chokes me and feels like my wrists are breaking. Dang tiny wrists...bane of my existence! The overhead stepups are painful, too. Heck, every time I start a new phase with new exercises it's painful!! And probably not pretty to watch. I am not very coordinated so it takes me a few tries to figure out the movement patterns.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #54  
Just Me

Yeah, the thing that always gets me is step ups because I always want to push off with my trailing leg. I started with a lower step than when I did NROLW and I think it helps. I also modified the side plank because I really can't do a full one and modified pushups for now.

The thing I have to figure out is what happens after these nearly 4 weeks because I understand what my first workouts look like but have to reread the part of the book that tells how to progress.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #55  

I moved up on planks while still in Phase I - I was holding them for 60+ so it was time. For stabilization see: Core, Part 14 page 613 in book view "Progression:
For the other categories: in the book, How to train, part 3. Page 135 if upright, 253 if 'book view'. Basically the way I understand it, Lou wants us to stick with an exercise throughout a phase. If I'm able to add weight with good form, then I stick with the exercise until I get to the next Phase. I definitely change it up then - except for the dang pushups. It took me the entire Phase I to get to the ground. After Phase II, I'm still on the ground - haven't progressed to level II yet. Someday....

I liked the videos in the book but they aren't enough for me - I end up youtubing every exercise so I can see it from different angles. It's that lack of coordination thing. I need lots of visual input for it to make sense. But this is my first time lifting so almost all the moves are totally foreign.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #56  

2fatcats, wtg, I took this week off and just did cardio, I think I might have pulled a muscle in my back
Old 03-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #57  

stlrsgril: Ouch. Hubs did hurt his back early on and decided he could still finish the session. He couldn't walk the next 2 days. He should have just rested...but he's a guy....enough said. I just found out I am having surgery surgery in 19 days. I may miss the very last workout in phase III. Not sure if I should just ditch it and move on or repeat an entire week to keep on schedule. Hmmm. We'll see how I feel. Hope your back is better! Hot baths and epsom salt are my go to.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #58  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Just a quick question...

Does your gym allow you to bring your suspension training kit (TRX or the like) to use? It's suggested for several exercises, but our gyms don't have them for others to use (just in the main gym in class). Just curious how you all work around that.

I'm going to ask my gym about it, but my guess will be a big "NO, you can't use them here. It's a hazard. This is not how our equipment was meant to be used."

But, I don't know yet as I haven't asked (yet).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #59  

@berryblondeboysI have all that stuff at home - we turned the attic into our gym. Slowly we have acquired almost an entire gym it seems! My Junglegym just came in the mail on Saturday - can't wait to use it tonight!
Bet you're right, though - fear of a lawsuit/insurance claim.

Hope you are having luck with protein thing, too!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #60  
Just Me

My gym actually has TRXs to use but I'm not sure how they'd feel if they didn't and you brought your own. Even though they don't keep the TRX out, they do allow you to check them out, do you think that is a possibility?

We also have our TRX set up in our basement.